Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Darkness Looms ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Darkness Looms

I don’t own Negima.


Three days after they returned to class and the girls who hadn’t went to the island with them were amazed that Ku and Kazumi got tattoos. The two girls were enjoying the attention though Brent wasn’t. The two girls had told the class that it was him who applied the tattoos and now most of the class wanted one. But of course Bryan told them it was only them since he didn’t want to do anymore. Plus all three tattoos he had ‘done’ were magical in origin. Falco’s gave him a secret weapon. But Brent didn’t know much about it.

However he had found several interesting things about the chest and swords he had recovered from the sunken ship. Of the twelve, nine of them simply had runes carved into them that made them indestructible, but the other three were very special. According to the notes he had taken from the book he had found at Negi’s father’s house and found them to have been made in different regions. One of the three was taller then he was and a foot wide called ‘Giant Slayer’ it was also indestructible but was also enchanted to weight next to nothing and could store the wielders Chi for use in a projected blast that could cut through anything. But then again most people wouldn’t care.

As for the chest he had unlocked all but the last lock whose riddle he discovered was Sumerian… which he didn’t know.

“What’s wrong with poor Negi-kun? He looks so tired.” Sakurako asked interrupting his train of thought.

“Spring fever y’think?” Fumika surmised.

“Maybe summer fever come early.” Makie suggested.

“Something wrong?” Haruna asked Asuna.

“Well it’s…” Asuna started to explain.

That’s when the bell rang signaling schools dismissal.

“Th-that’s all for today…bye then.” Negi said as he bowed.

He then staggered towards the door but not before bouncing off the black board and running into the door frame. Brent cracked up and started laughing loudly as Negi left. Most of the class glared at him but Evangeline left quietly with Chachamaru.

“No way he’s like that after only two or three hours.” Asuna said to herself “I’m gonna find out what’s going on.”

Then Nodoka, Yue, Kazumi, Ku, and Brent appeared suddenly behind her.

“So he’s training with Evangeline-san, is he?” Yue asked.

“So that’s why he’s so tired.” Kazumi remarked.

“He tired in my morning training, too. I worrying.” Ku told them.

“How’d you geez you guys?” Asuna mumbled.

“Look! He meeting up with Eva!” Ku remarked.

“Still, two to three hours- every day- and coming back that tired?” Kazumi asked “You don’t think he’s…?”

“Think he’s what?” Asuna asked.

“Oh you know ‘behind closed doors’ stuff, like you put the kanji for ‘top secret’ over.” Kazumi explained.

Brent immediately pictured Negi and Eva having sex and blushed… and apparently so did Yue, Asuna, and Nodoka… Ku looked confused though.

“Now hold it right there!” Asuna shouted as she turned bright red.

“Asuna! We’re coming with!” Konoka shouted.

Asuna seemed annoyed by the additional people but couldn’t do anything about it. They followed them for a few minutes before they turned a corner.

“C’mon, how am I gonna tail them if you all…” Asuna said as it started to rain “Oh, no rain!”

The rain fell heavier as they followed Negi and Eva to Eva’s cabin and waited outside.

“So they’re training inside because of the rain?” Yue asked.

“No way its too small in there.” Asuna said.

They all ran up to the cabin and started to look in the window only to find the place empty and so they went in. They explored the entire cabin until Nodoka called them down to the basement. Brent, Kazumi, Asuna and Ku went down through the basement pass a lot of large dolls. Brent recognized some of them as one Eva attacked him with. They finally reached the room Konoka, Setsuna and Yue were in. The three of them were standing around a miniature of some kind and were staring at it intensely. As the others discussed in Brent was examining it closely… until he felt a surge of magic and he appeared inside the glass globe. It was quite hot and humid like it was at the resort they had just gotten back from. He felt his hand tingle and looked at it to see it glowing slightly and realized this place was charged with magic.

“Where are we?” Kazumi asked.

“From the looks of it we’re inside the model.” Brent said.

“Impossible.” Yue said as Brent looked over the edge.

“Whatever… if you think you saw sensei in here go ahead and look for him.” Brent said “Me, I’m going cliff diving.”

He then jumped off the edge. Thirty minutes later and he was walking up the spiral staircase that led back up to the top of the odd building when he thought he heard Asuna’s scream. He wasn’t really worried about the place… other then it was obviously created by Eva. He reached the top just as everyone exited from the central building.

“Hey Negi, Girls, Eva.” Brent said.

“Oh so the annoying demon is here too.” Eva said angrily.

“Yep sure am.” Brent replied “Since you didn’t fight me yourself last time why don’t you come at me here? I can tell you’re at full power.”

“Whatever.” Eva said.

Brent grumbled to himself as he went over to Ku and Kazumi. They listened as Eva explained how the place worked and had to cover his ears when they freaked out about not being able to leave for a whole day. Then they started to eat dinner. Bryan stuffed his face and drank plenty of Eva’s wine without any noticeable effect. Then he heard Yue and Nodoka ask to learn magic.

“Now why would I want to do something as tedious as that?” Eva asked “Whats-his-face it right over there! Go ask him.”

The two of them asked and after some misgivings he agreed and gave them all practice wands. Brent got bored and decided to go and do some Chi training since he was going to be here for a while. As he did his exercise he listened to the girls all start getting excited as they all tried to do magic and almost laughed when Ku faked it.

“Hey Kazumi I have an idea.” Brent said “Why don’t I try and teach you I Ching Magic.”

“What’s I Ching magic?” Kazumi, Ku, Negi, Konoka, Yue, and Asuna asked.

“I Ching Magic is a type of magic first developed five thousand years ago in China. It use’s special symbols called the eight Trigrams and 64 Hexagrams to form spells which are cast by focusing one’s Energy into the correct assortment of Trigrams and Hexagrams while chanting the spell.” Brent explained “The symbols must be written with special ink either on paper or tattooed on the casters body. If Tattooed on then the symbols quickly become transparent until they are used at which case they glow orange… well they glow orange for me but my masters glowed blue. Unfortunately the spells are rather difficult to cast since one must maintain a constant flow of Energy at the proper levels to perform the spell at full strength… which is why it is a little used branch of magic”

“Wow… and you think I might be able to use it?” Kazumi asked.

“Yep.” Brent replied.

“Can you show us some spells?” Negi asked.

“Sure… I’ll show you the shield spell I used against you when you thought I was trying to hurt Nodoka.” Brent said as he stepped back from Negi “But I’ll need you to cast a Sagitta Magica.”

As Negi cast his spell Brent rolled up his left sleeve to expose his forearm and began to chant.

“Invito i difensori della vecchia per la protezione da quello che mi minaccia di me! Hexagram 39 Jiang!” He said causing a single glyph to appear in the center of the back of his hand.

Just before Negi’s spell hit Brent a dome of light surrounded him easily blocking it before dissipating.

“That was a simple shield spell. The most powerful shield spells will reflect the attack back at an opponent.” Brent explained “I have about seven spells ready on my arm for quick use other than that one but don’t really feel like showing you them right now.”

“But you will try and teach me it right?” Kazumi asked.

“Sure. To start I need to show you the different Trigrams and Hexagrams you’ll use…” Brent said as he led Kazumi away from the rest of the group.

(AN: I’m just too lazy to do the memory thing okay. So I’m skipping it.)

They left in the morning to find it exactly the same as it was an hour ago… except it was raining even harder then before. As the girls ran off Brent just calmly walked through the rain thinking about how well Kazumi was doing and wondering when he should start teaching her how to focus her energy to perform the spells.

Somewhere in an alley two figures stood. One was six feet tall and shrouded in a trench coat and wide brimmed hat. The other was slightly shorter and was wrapped in a hood and cloak that hid its features.

“So this is where he’s been at.” The short figure said.

“Yes and I will help you find him if you keep you’re end of the deal.” The tall one replied.

“Yes I will just remember I am the only one that will fight him so keep those slimes away or I will destroy all of you!” The short one growled.

“Of course.” The tall one said.