Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ End of the Begining pt2 ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
End of the Beginning pt 2
I only own Brent and Invidia.

Last Time
Brent was deceived by what he believed to be a half demon girl in need of help. He was knocked out by her and then imprisoned in a water sphere. When he awoke he found that the girl had meant to capture him and her ally a man named ‘Graf’ had captured several of his classmates. When Negi arrived and tried to blast ‘Graf’ he deflected using a necklace on Asuna which caused her pain. Brent was angered at this and flash boiled his prison allowing him to escape and attempt to attack ‘Graf’ only to be knocked away by three slime demons.

“Negi what’s going on?” Brent asked.

“I was about to ask.” Negi muttered.

As the captured girls all shouted for help or in relief at seeing Negi, the strange boy and Kaore’s appearance Negi started to ask questions.

“Who are you, anyway?!” Negi asked “Why are you doing this?!”

“I apologize for the rough methods but…” ‘Graf’ explained “I just felt that, without the hostages, you wouldn’t fight at full-strength.”

“I’ll show you full strength!” Brent growled before taking a step forward… and his foot to be frozen in a block of ice.

“I wouldn’t interfere with them Kaore. Your just here until I decide its time to go.” Invidia said as steam came off her skin when the warm raindrops hit it.

“So you’re an Ice demon huh?” Brent asked as he smashed the ice with a fist.

“A variety of Ice demon. I am a Glacies demon!” Invidia said with an evil smirk.

Brent’s body language stiffened as he recognized a demon type his father warned him about.

‘Graf’ ignored the two of them to continue his talk with Negi.

“Why do you need me to come with you?” Brent asked defensively.

“My companions and I need you to fulfill a prophecy.” Invidia said “It makes me jealous when I think of how much more you’re to them then I am.”

“What prophecy?” Brent asked in confusion.

“A prophecy foretelling the end of the humans and rise of the demons.” Invidia told him
“In order for the prophecy to come to pass we need you and your brothers.”

“I’m not going anywhere with you!” Brent growled.

“Oh well… I never said we needed you alive.” Invidia said. “Ice einzufrieren und Form meine Krieger.”

She raised and swiped downwards… suddenly the many puddles of water started to rise off the ground and freeze to form female warriors with wildly spiked hair holding wicked looking three foot long one foot wide curved swords made of ice… Brent counted at least a dozen of them but he just smirked.

“Guess stealth is out of the question?” Kaore asked rhetorically.

As Negi and the boy named Kotaro engaged the three slime demons the shadows under Kaore flowed up and around him like they did when Brent changed into Kaore. The girls in the bubble didn’t understand why he would change back to normal… but that wasn’t the case. When the shadow retracted Brent was still Kaore… only he was different. The hood and jacket were still there but now all the leather had been replaced by plate armor. His mask was still colored the same only instead of ceramic it was metallic, his arms were covered in black scale mail armor and his legs were protected by plate armor like his chest. All the armor were still black in color but that wasn’t all. On both sides of his waist he had five throwing knives as well as on both upper arms, over both shoulders, and on both thighs giving him a total of forty visible throwing knives. The blade that normally was hidden on his left wrist was gone and it had been replaced by a silver gauntlet with razor sharp claws on the tip of his fingers. He was clenching his fists and his eyes flashed red before the ice golems all attacked.

He ducked under the first swipe and punched it in the gut expecting it to shatter but he didn’t even move it. In fact it felt like he had just punched a solid steel statue. He rolled back to avoid the golems over hand sword attack and strafed to the side to dodge another ones blade. He managed to get to his feet and leapt into the air as he grabbed a knife from his upper arm and threw it. The golem he was aiming for blocked it with its sword. Kaore’s eye’s angrily before quickly throwing several more knives at the golems landing six direct hits out of forty knives but not causing any real damage. He shifted into his hybrid form and formed an orb of shadow fire in his hand.

Infernal Flare!” He shouted firing the orb at one of the Golems.

There was a fiery explosion as the attack connected and Kaore smirked under his mask… until the smoke cleared and he looked on dumbfounded. His attack hadn’t done anything at all to the golem he hit.

“If that didn’t work try this! Grande incendio da secoli uscire ora e realizzare i miei nemici scomparsa! Li, Song, Bo, Da Zhuag, Ge, Yi, Li!” He shouted as he pointed at one of the Golems with his right hand,

His entire forearm was immediately covered in white flames that shot out at the Golem, melting the ground around it and sending up a wall of steam obscuring it from view. However the spell still hadn’t destroyed the Golem as it threw several Ice spikes at him which bounced off his armor.

“Damn! What does it take to kill you bastards?!” He shouted after landing.

He flicked his right wrist extending ‘Seiitsu Fuketsu Konpaku’ and leapt at one of the Golems thrusting his right arm out and impaling it in the stomach. For a second nothing happened and then it started to crack. He leapt away just as the Golem shattered into a thousand pieces.

‘So they aren’t invincible.’ He thought before glancing at the watching Invidia ‘How powerful is this demon to make such powerful Golems with a single spell?’

He then only had a second to lean back and dodge an attack from one of the remaining Golems. He leapt back and stabbed another one before tensing his left arm… and a thick blunt looking kunai fell out from the sleeve. He held it in front of his face and flicked his hand… spreading out at least a dozen razor sharp knives in a fan. Kaore started to swing his arm in a fanning motion sending knife after knife at the golems managing to destroy another one but otherwise doing nothing. He was nearly hit by another Golem but ended up with nothing more then a scratch to the armor on his shoulder. Invidia raised her arm and the Golems stopped their attack.

“Why do you resist?” Invidia asked “Have the Humans and Mages done anything for you?”

“No. They haven’t but I still wont come with you.” Kaore replied angrily.

“But why?” She asked.

“Because I’m not evil.” He replied.

This response sent Invidia into a string of malevolent laughter.

“Good and Evil are nothing more then ways Humans and Mages justify there actions. What may be evil for to one person is good to another.” Invidia replied.

Kaore didn’t reply for a few seconds.

“That may be so… but it still doesn’t make it right to kill all the Humans and Mages.” He said.

“Even after all the betrayal that have come from your so called ‘Friends’ over the centuries? The near constant attempts on your life by mages from both the east and west?” Invidia asked “What about all the times the humans you befriended who tried to kill you after discovering what you were? Or the girls you’ve fallen in love with and had thought had fallen in love with you only to betray you later?”

Kaore didn’t say anything for a few minutes as he mulled over what Invidia had said. What drove him to keep protecting people who would only try and kill him. The few times he remembered in his life that people actually treated him the same as anyone else or respected him ended up being killed by Demons or Mages. Still… he kept seeking human companionship despite the odds of them accepting him were low. He then remembered something his father once told him.

Flashback

83 AD Somewhere in Central Europe

Four year old Invenis Unum who would later on be known as ‘Kaore’ was sitting on a hill bawling his eyes out. He was wearing a rough baggy brown wool shirt and trousers and had a bloody lump near his hairline above his right eye. He and his Father and two brothers were near a castle that they were visiting so that the three children could learn how to write. Unfortunately Invenis was having problems maintaining his human form. Parts of him would shift to a scaled dragon or burst into Shadow Fire. The children and adults in the town had started beating and insulting the four year old resulting in his current state.

Worst of all his two brothers hadn’t even tried to stop the villagers when they started throwing stones at him resulting in his injury. He was crying because it both hurt and that he didn’t understand why his brothers hadn’t tried to help him and because he didn’t understand why the people were so mean to him. He heard heavy foot steps and felt someone sit beside him and pat him on the back to comfort him.

It’s okay son.” His father said with a soothing tone.

Why did tha mean people tri and hoort me? I didn’t hoort dem.” Invenis asked.

Most people are afraid of things that are different then they are. And fear causes them to try and destroy that which they fear. But you shouldn’t hate them for that… its just natural for all life. It’s instinctual and though most animals will quickly learn we mean them no harm humans will ignore this particular instinct that tells them we’re good.” His father explained “You must remember this. No matter what people may think about you… always do what you feel is the right thing to do. Help as many people as you can even if they hate you for being what you are.”

Invenis sniffled and rubbed his eyes as he calmed down.

Okay… buh why di my bruders not try and help me?” He asked.

Because they’re being jerks.” His father replied with a wide smile.

End flashback

“Because it’s natural for humans to fear what they don’t understand, and that people should still be protected even if they treat me like evil.” Kaore said.

“This is getting tiring.” Invidia said in an impatient tone “Stop playing and destroy him!”

The Golems then started to glow blue before spikes erupted across their bodies resulting in them looking like pincushions. The remaining six Golems all charged at Kaore but he managed to pull out his swords from his back and blocked two of the sword swipes. He jumped over the Golem and slashed it in half from behind before rolling away. He deflected several other attacks before finally eliminating all but one of the Golems. He was tired and bruised but otherwise fine. The Golem charged at him and swung downwards in an overhead slash, Kaore blocked it by crossing both his swords… but when the ice blade should have stopped where his two blades met something happened. Both of his blades shattered in a burst of white and black light leaving only their hilts and things seemed to slow as the blade cut him across his chest from left shoulder to right hip. Blood spurted out of the massive wound covering the Golem in blood as the girls in the bubble screamed.

Spells
German to English
Ice einzufrieren und Form meine Krieger: Ice freeze and form my warriors!

Italian to English
Grande incendio da secoli uscire ora e realizzare i miei nemici scomparsa!: Great Fire from ages past come forth now and bring about my foes demise!