Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Magi’s Secret, Sessha’s Vow – Part 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 2: Magi's Secret, Sessha's Vow - Part 1
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
As he gripped the handle for the door leading into Class 2-A, Negi paused; a premonition catching his mind's eye. Chuckling softly to himself, he threw open the door. A second later, a chalkboard eraser fell in front of him, hitting the floor and kicking up some chalk dust in a small cloud. Negi picked it up and handed it to Shizuna-sensei before he proceeded into the room.
 
The girls of 2-A watched silently in awe as Negi walked into the room and towards his desk. However, as he walked, he used his staff to set off the trip rope on the floor. This caused a bucket of water to fall and spill its contents before several suction-cup arrows shot out from above and struck the floor ahead of Negi. He calmly made his way to his desk and set his staff down before he took a piece of chalk and wrote his name in large kanji on the blackboard for everyone to see.
 
“Ohayo, girls,” Negi said with a bow, “my name is Professor Negi Springfield and I'll be your homeroom and English teacher for this semester. I hope to prove to be as good and understanding a teacher as my predecessor, Takahata-sensei.”
 
Kaede and Konoka smiled at Negi; he seemed to be in the right state of mind to start teaching the class. Asuna, however, rolled her eyes. She was very skeptical that this kid would be as good as Takahata-sensei. The rest of the class just sat in their seats, silently staring at Negi.
 
The quietness made Negi feel uneasy; he felt put on display at some show. “Uh… so…”
 
“…KAWAII!!!!!!!”
 
Negi jumped back as most of the class rushed from their seats to crowd around him. Hands seized him, pulling him in many directions as the girls bombarded him with questions and remarks on how cute he was.
 
One girl wearing glasses approached Shizuna-sensei. “Please tell me this is a joke.”

Shizuna-sensei smiled. “It's no joke. This little boy is your new teacher.”
 
“…I still don't buy it.”
 
Suddenly, a blonde girl with long flowing hair clapped her hands loudly to get everyone's attention. “Easy, now, girls! Let's not give our young teacher a scare on his first day on the job. Now everyone back away from Negi-sensei and give him plenty of air.” As the girls backed away, she approached and bowed to Negi. “I am Ayaka Yukihiro, seat 29, and class representative. On behalf of Class 2-A, I welcome you, Negi-sensei. Should you require anything, please do not hesitate to call on me.”
 
“Uh, thank you… Yukihiro-san.”

Ayaka held back the urge to swoon at Negi's cute, appreciative face. How elegant! And truly kawaiiiiiii!
 
“Hey, Ayaka,” Asuna spoke up, “you'd better close your mouth, I can see drool coming out.”
 
Ayaka rushed up to Asuna, angry at her words. “How dare you make such a claim, Asuna! Especially how YOU'RE the one who salivates when that ancient Takahata's in view!”
 
“YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT TAKAHATA-SENSEI!”
 
“MAKE ME, YOU APE!”
 
The two begin to fight, their classmates taking bets and cheering them on. Negi started to fluster at the scene. “B-Both of you! Please stop-!” But when he tried to get close to stop the fight, Asuna pushed him away without even a glance. “Hey! I'm your teacher-!”
 
In a flash, Kaede jumped between the two fighters and pushed them apart yet held them near at their wrists. She glared at both of them. “You two… dare to insult our class and our teacher in such a manner?”
 
“Kaede?”

“…Nagase?”
 
“Ayaka, you're the class representative, and are supposed to set a good example for your classmates; yet you dare to allow Asuna to get under your skin and lose your temper in front of Negi-sensei. That's not the kind of example you set. Asuna, your provoking Ayaka was uncalled for, and ignoring our teacher's order to stop further insults him and us. Both of you… sit down!”
 
The two slowly nod and back away from Kaede, who lets them go. They, like the others, were shocked by Kaede's outburst and, especially, her anger.
 
Negi, too, was taken aback by Kaede's actions and words. Then, he saw her turn and bow in his direction.
 
“I deeply apologize, sensei, for both my ruckus and my classmates.”
 
“…It's okay, Nagase-san. And thank you for… your assistance.”
 
Shizuna-sensei then spoke up. “Okay, girls, please return to your seats. You'll get to learn more about Negi-sensei as he goes about the day's lessons. Negi-sensei, you have the floor.”
 
Negi bows at Shizuna and then turns to the blackboard to begin the lessons. A small stool suddenly appeared beside him, causing him to turn and see Kaede smile and give him the “okay” hand sign. How did she…? But, he shook his head, smiling, and continued on with the lessons. The girls were soon in awe with his teaching skills up to the final bell, ending the day's lessons.
 
Stopping his lesson, Negi bowed at the class. “Thank you for tolerating me on the first day of our time together as teacher and class. Please remember to go over your notes for tomorrow's class.”
 
“Everyone, stand,” Shizuna-sensei called out. “Bow!”
 
The class obeyed, bowing at Negi before they began gathering up their things and heading out the door. Several of them stopped to express their enjoyment of Negi's lessons. However, some just walked past Negi without a word, a few even glared at him, like Asuna.
 
Ayaka, as she walked by, handed Negi a slip of paper. “Those are my contact numbers, should you need anything you desire, Negi-sensei. And…” she bowed. “I deeply apologize for my earlier misconduct.”
 
“I accept your apology and this information, Yukihiro-san. Thank you.”
 
Shizuna-sensei and Kaede stayed behind as everyone else left. Shizuna-sensei smiled at Negi. “You did quite well for your first day. From what I saw, you had the girl eating out of the palm of your hand.”

“Almost all of them,” Kaede spoke up. “Some seem to have mixed feelings about Negi-sensei.”
 
Negi bowed at Kaede. “I appreciate your help earlier, Nagase-san.”

Kaede bowed in return, smiling. “It's no problem, sensei. Just as long as they don't show you anymore disrespect in class. Well, now that classes are over, would you like a tour of the campus?”
 
“A good idea, Kaede-san. You're in luck, Negi-kun; Nagase-san is a member of the school's Walking Club, and they frequent every inch of the campus. Well, I'll be off to deliver my observations to the Dean. Negi-kun, keep up the good work.” Shizuna-sensei gives him a gentle pat on the head and walks out of the classroom.
 
However just after she left, Takahata walked in. “Hey, Negi. How'd it go on your first day?”
 
“It was a bit rough at the start, Takamichi, but with Nagase-san's help, it went quite well.”
 
Takahata chuckled. “Let me guess, Asuna and Ayaka tried to mix it up again?”
 
Kaede just nodded.
 
“Do they… often fight, Takamichi?”
 
“Like cats and dogs, Negi. But, they're both nice girls while they're civil. Plus I think they're really good friends.”
 
Kaede couldn't help but sweatdrop at this comment. If that's how those two are friendly with each other, I don't wanna see how they'd be when they act unfriendly.
 
Takahata takes out a cigarette. “So, Kaede, tell me form your perspective… is Negi here a satisfactory teacher?”
 
“Oh, he's a marvel, de gozaru. I think it's hard to believe he's really only ten.”
 
“Good to hear. I hope he'll do a better job at raising you and the other four's test scores than I tried.”
 
Negi looked at Kaede. “What does he mean?”

Kaede put a hand behind her head, blushing. “See… I'm one of the Baka Rangers, the five students who are not so hot on tests and quizzes. I'm Baka Blue, Asuna's Baka Red, and there there's Baka Pink, Yellow, and black - Makie-san, Ku-san, and Yue-dono.”
 
“Yue's a smart girl,” Takahata added, “but she has no drive to study. Hopefully you'll fix that, Negi.”
 
“Uh, I can try, Takamichi.”
 
Kaede bowed at Takahata. “If you'll pardon us, sensei, I was going to show Negi-sensei around the campus.”
 
“Ah, I see. Good to hear.” He then leans in to whisper into Kaede's ear. “We're gonna have a surprise welcoming party for Negi in about an hour or two, so you can keep him distracted while we set up in your room. …Uh, are your traps still set?
 
No, I turned them off this morning before I went to meet with Negi-sensei.
 
Sighing with relief, Takahata pulled away and headed for the door. “Well, Negi, you take care and I'll see you around. Keep up the good work.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Negi was still in awe as he and Kaede found themselves on the main steps of Mahora Academy leading to and from the main campus building. Kaede had shown him almost all over the school, with a few exceptions such as Library Island and the World Tree. She did, however, tease him once by offering to show him the girls' locker room at the indoor pool, and that made him fluster about being an English gentleman and a teacher. But after that, she went back to being the good tour guide, and now they were taking a well-deserved break at the steps.
 
“My,” Negi said after a low whistle, “Mahora sure is a wide campus. No wonder you're in the Walking Club, Nagase-san.”
 
“We're outside of class, Negi-kun,” Kaede replied with a smile. “You can call me Kaede. As for my being in the Walking Club, it's good exercise. By the way, if you ever join Fuka and Fumika Narutaki from my class for a walk, don't believe all the tales they tell you about the Club's events and activities. They're good at spinning stories that may seem true, but really aren't.”
 
Negi sat down and pulled out his planner, which included Takahata's note sand the class roster. He took a pen to his hand and began to scribble down notes. “I'll be sure to remember that.”

“What's that?”
 
“Just a few things Takamichi gave me before classes began. I'm using the roster to make notes as I go on the students alongside Takamichi's.” he pauses, seeing the note by Kaede's picture. “Hmm, he wrote here that you are very determined.”
 
“Did he? That was nice of him, de gozaru.”

“Uh, what does that mean?”
 
“Oh, that's just a saying I add to my speech. Some Japanese people add random words to their talk just out of habit.” Kaede stretches. “Mmmmm! All that walking's made me thirsty. Would you like a drink, Negi-kun? There's a vending machine right over there.”

“A bottled water, please.” Negi then checked his pockets. “…Oh wait, I seem to have misplaced my change-.”

“Don't worry, de gozaru. This one's on me. Be right back.” And Kaede walked off towards the vending machines, leaving Negi to continue his notes and looking over of his roster. After watching he walk away, Negi decided to jot down another note for himself. He wrote by Kaede's picture “Shows great respect.”
 
I'm grateful to have her as a student. She seems more like a model student than the class representative. I wonder how it's going to be while I'm staying with Nagase… with Kaede-san for the duration of the semester?
 
Closing his roster, he looks to see someone coming towards the stairs form the top. Though her arms were loaded with books, Negi recognized her right away. “That's Nodoka Miyazaki, seat 27.” He quickly double-checks his roster. “She's in the Library Club and is a general library committee member. She sure seems bogged down with all those books. I wonder if she-. Oh no!”
 
Nodoka was coming down the stairs slowly, but she missed a step. The weight of all the books was indeed too much for her, and she toppled. Being too close to the side of the steps, she fell over the side headfirst with a startled cry.
 
Acting without thinking, Negi bolted to his feet, staff in hand and aimed at Nodoka. The wrapping around the staff immediately came undone to reveal its wooden true form. Without a word, Negi casted a spell of wind that caught Nodoka, easing her descent. He rushed forward, dropping his staff and jumped with his arms outstretched. Nodoka landed in his arms and they both hit the ground, but Nodoka was unharmed.
 
Negi quickly sat up and looked over Nodoka. “Are… are you okay, Miyazaki-san? You're not hurt, are you?”
 
But Nodoka didn't reply; she was passed out from the excitement, her eyes closed.
 
Suddenly, the sound of something hitting the concrete walks of the school reached Negi's ears. Jerking his head up, he looked about and saw Kaede standing off several feet, two bottles of water on the ground near her feet. Her expression was that of shock and uncertainty, and her eyes were open halfway, but she still looked bewildered.
 
Negi immediately paled. Oh no… she SAW me use magic! …I'm going to be fired!
 
 
End Chapter 2
 
Closing Notes: Oh me! Oh my! Kaede's discovered Negi's secret! What will he do? What will he do?!
 
…Okay that's enough of that. Anyway, I'm sorry if this chapter seems rushed. I honestly didn't try to rush it. I simply let my typing run of its own will and hoped for the best. One of my college professors told me the best way to write a story was to not plan it out, just let it write itself. Whether he was right or not, I'll leave it up to you.
 
So far the response to my first chapter have been great. I've gotten encouragements and suggestions to keep going, and I'm gonna do my best.
 
Please read & review, folks.