Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Fan Fiction ❯ Pactio! Stand by, Ready ❯ Lyrical Magistra ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is a crossover of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Negima.  After reading and watching both series due to a friend’s request, I decided to try a fanfic for them.  This will mostly be similar to the Nanoha season 1 story line but with some changes that I put in for the story, however it won’t be a full retelling of the season just some of it.  I do hope you all try to enjoy this.
DISCLAIMER: I don’t own either series.
‘Thinking to themselves.’
“Talking to someone with their voice.”
“Talking to someone with telepathy.”
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 Lyrical Magistra

Nanoha looked down at herself after the bright red light had faded from around her.  “No way!  W-what is this?  What’s with this outfit.”
Negi staggered for a moment and then held himself against a concrete wall trying to catch his breath.  He hadn’t expected to use so much energy to create a Pactio.
The entire area around them had taken on a slight faded and grayish tone, but none seemed to notice as their attention was currently else were.  The monster of darkness roared and took a step forward, fixing its bright red eyes on Nanoha.  Nanoha took a step back and ran up against the wall with Negi right next to her.
“It’s coming!!” the small yellow ferret yelled to the two children.
As the ferret finished speaking, the mass of darkness launched itself into the air spinning like a coin.  At the height of its jump, it came crashing down to try and crush the children.
Without thinking, Nanoha thrust the staff in her hands in front of herself and the red jewel at the top of the staff reacted to her movement.  Raging Heart, the jewel, glowed gently as a word appeared long the inside of it.
“Protection.” Raging Heart spoke, as the same word ran along the inside, a pink barrier radiated outward from the device encompassing Nanoha, Negi and the ferret.
The beast of darkness was stopped in mid air by the barrier, and since it couldn’t force its way through the beast took the backlash of force and was splattered around the area into small pieces of fur covered goo.
As Nanoha’s barrier disappeared, the ferret bound over and looked at Negi and Nanoha.  “I think we should be getting out of here for now.” Negi spoke as he picked up the ferret, noticing that it had a bandage wrapped around its stomach.  When he stood up, he stretched out a hand to Nanoha before the two began to run.
“Our magical items use a 'programming' system that lets our magic take form.  And in order to make that system work, its user needs to provide spiritual energy.”  The ferret explained as the children ran.  “That thing was born from the source of disgusting and abominable power, and took that form to protect itself.  To make it stop, you need to seal it with your staff and return it to its original form.”
“I don't really understand, but how do I do that?” Nanoha asked the ferret before looking at Negi to see if he had an idea.
“What you did before was one of two types of magic - attacking and defending.  They're basic forms of magic you can activate by wishing with all your heart.  But in order to summon enough power to fully stop it, you'll need an incantation.” The yellow ferret continued as it jumped out of Negi’s arms.
“Incantations?” the girl in white asked.
“They are used to draw the full power of a spell into effect.  Each person has their own unique incantation that is special to them.” Negi spoke reassuringly “Listen to your heart.  I have no doubt that an incantation will come to you.”
Nanoha closed her eyes and let her heart connect completely to her device, Raging Heart, as the two began to search within her heart for what to do.  A roar was heard from where they had some from, the beast was back.
It hopped toward then at greater speed with each bounce as it charged before launching into the air and sending out four tendrils to pierce each child twice.
“Nanoha, I will try and hold it in place while you seal it!” Negi shouted back to her as it continued to close in.  He stretched out his hands before gentle speaking to himself. “Rastel Mascir Flans Paries Aerialis!!”(1)
A wall of strong wind wrapped around Negi, Nanoha and the ferret; stopping the monsters attack a foot away from each intended target.  Negi however wasn’t finished with just that. “Rastel Mascir Magister, septendecim spiritus lucis, vinculum facti  inimicum captent, Sagitta Magica, Serius Lucis Capturae!” (2)
Around Negi, seventeen  white lights sprang into being and launched forward into the mass of darkness.  As each light struck, it wrapped around the creature and then connected into the ground to hold the monster.
“If you attack and seal it correctly, it should change back into a jewel seed!” The yellow ferret told Nanoha to help guide her.
Nanoha opened her eyes and looked intently at the creature of darkness.  “Lyrical Magical…” she thrust her staff strait up “…Jewel Seed Seal!”
Light gather into the red jewel of Raging Heart, allowing it to active to its next form. “Sealing mode.  Set up.” Three prongs opened up just below the crescent at the top of the staff and from each prong a pink wing folded out, two in the back with a shorter one in the front.
From the end on Nanoha’s staff, streams of pink light darted forward and wrapped around the Jewel Seed monster; surprisingly, each ribbon wove itself along the same path as nine of Negi’s binds.  Once all nine had completed wrapping around the monster, three letters appeared upon the creature’s forehead in red letters.
XXI
“Stand by.  Ready.” Raging Heart told its master, having completed the task at hand.
“Lyrical Magical.  Jewel Seed Serial XXI!  Seal!” Nanoha spun in place twice as part of the incantation .
“Sealing.” Raging Heart echoed her master.
As Nanoha and Raging Heart finished their words, the nine pink threads constricted along creature, while eight more pink threads shot out from Raging Heart and pierced through the monster at a point along each of the eight remaining binds Negi had made and came out the other side along that same white strand.
The Jewel Seed monster flashed into a pink light before shattering into pink motes, leaving only a blue diamond jewel no bigger than a coin.  Both of Negi’s and Nanoha’s binds had disappeared as the monster had.
“That's a Jewel Seed.  Touch it with Raging Heart.” The yellow ferret instructed.
Nanoha did as she was told and walked over to the blue gem, and touched the red part of Raging Heart to the Jewel Seed.  As the two touched the blue jewel glowed before it was absorbed into Raging Heart, like a drop of water into a small pond. “Receipt No. XXI.” Raging Heart confirmed.
Nanoha’s white outfit andstaff shone with a pink light before disappearing and leaving her back in her yellow jacket and orange skirt.  Raging Heart had turned back into a small red jewel that she was cupping in her palm.  The surrounding area no longer looked gray and faded.
“H-Huh?  It's over?” Nanoha asked quizzically
“Yes.  All thanks to you.  Thank you both…” the small ferret began before fainting onto the ground.
“Hey, are you alright” Negi asked, while gently picking him up.
.“If we’re seen here, we might get in trouble…  F-For now, please forgive us!” Nanoha apologized with a worried look on her face, while looking around and noticing al the damage that had been done.  She picked up the ferret in one hand before taking Negi’s hand with her other.

Some time later Nanoha and Negi at down on a bench after having run from the scene of the fight.  The two were finally able to catch their breath, before looking at each other and giving the other a reassuring smile.
“I’m sorry.” The yellow ferret spoke softly.
“Ah. I woke you up?  Sorry for being so rough.  Are you still hurt?” Nanoha asked with concern..
“I'm fine now.  I'm pretty much recovered.” The small ferret spoke shaking off the bandages covering his middle and showing no injury on his body.
“You're right.  Most of the wounds you had have vanished.  That's amazing.” Negi said astonished.
“Because you both helped me out, I was able to use my remaining magical power to help heal myself.”
“I don’t really get it, but… I see.” Nanoha continued “Hey, is it okay if we formally introduce ourselves now?”
“Ah, yeah.” The ferret replied.
“I’m Takamachi Nanoha.  A third-grade elementary student.  My close friends and family call me Nanoha.” Nanoha finished with a bit of happiness in her voice.
“I’m Yuuno Scrya.  Scrya is my family name, so Yuuno’s my first name.” Yuuno spoke as he looked over toward Negi.
“I’m Negi Springfield.  It’s a pleasure to meet you Scrya-kun.”
“Springfield, that is an unusual first name.” Yuuno pondered.
“Ah no, Springfield is my last name.  I am from Wales, England.  My first name is Negi.”
“Yuuno-kun and Negi-kun, huh?  They are cute names.” Nanoha chimed.
“I’m sorry… miss… sir…” Yuuno apologized while bowing to both.
“You can call me Nanoha.”
“I’m sorry I’ve gotten you involved in this, Nanoha-san… Negi-kun…”
“Ah, well… Um… I think I’m ok with this.” Nanoha tried to cheer Yuuno up.
“So am I.  It is a Magister Magi’s duty to help those in need.” Negi reaffirmed Yuuno.
“Ah, I forgot.  Yuuno-kun, you’re still a little hurt, so you won’t be able to rest here.  For now, let’s go back to my house.  And Negi-kun, you need to return to the hospital so you make anyone worry too much.  I’ll go with you for now.  We can sort other things out afterwards, okay?” Nanoha told the other two.

“Hello Nanoha.” A familiar voice spoke as Nanoha, Negi and Yuuno entered the hospital.  Nanoha turned to the voice as she hide Yuuno behind her back.
“O-Onii-chan…”
“And just where have you been at this time of night?” her older brother asked with sternness in his voice.
“Umm… that is… uh… erm…” Nanoha fumbled for the right words for an excuse.
“My, how cute!” another voice spoke behind Nanoha.  She looked over her shoulder and saw her sister.
“Onee-chan?”
“You look pretty down.  Let me guess, you were worried and went to check on these two, right?” Miyuki asked pointing a finger at Yuuno and one at Negi.
“Umm… uh, that is…”
“It’s not that I don’t understand how you feel, but I still can’t believe that you snuck out of the house like that.” Kyoya spoke.
“Please, forgive Nanoha-san, she did it with good intentions.” Negi apologized while trying to bow to both of Nanoha’s older siblings.
“Come on, it’s all right.  She got here safely.  And Nanoha’s a good girl, so she won’t do this again. Right?” Miyuki spoke with the sound of an older and knowing sister.
“Umm, Onii-chan… I’m sorry for sneaking out and worrying you.” Nanoha bowed as he spoke.
“And there we are.  Everything’s all better.” Miyuki said as if everything was settled.  Nanoha beamed up at her sister. The older sister picked up the ferret out of Nanoha’s hands as she continued to speak. “At any rate, it she is cute, isn’t it?  I’m sure mom will think it’s so cute and faint when she first sees it.”
“I’d say the probability of that is pretty high.” Kyoya laughed lightly to himself at the thought.  “Anyway, Negi-kun, we need to get you back to your room.  The nurses were a little upset that you left and are still looking around for you.”
Kyoya lead Negi back to his room as Negi waved bye to Nanoha and Yuuno.

“Ah! It’s so cute!” Momoko, Nanoha’s mother, cooed as she rubbed Yuuno against her cheek. “It really is such a cutie, isn’t it?”
“Mom!  Please take it easy…” Nanoha urged.
“It’s so cuuuute!” Momoko spoke in response to Nanoha as she swung Yuuno back and forth.
“It certainly looks like a smart, long rodent, doesn’t it?” Shiro noted.
“It’s called a ‘ferret.’  Dad.” Miyuki corrected her father.
“I wonder if it can do any tricks?  Here, give me your hand.” Shiro spoke to the ferret while he held his own hand out.  Yuuno looked at his hand for a second before putting one of his paws into Shiro’s hand.
“Aw, it sure is a big w’il smarty, isn’t it?” Nanoha’s mother continued to coo at Yuuno.  Nanoha’s father just scratched Yuuno under the chin.
“So Nanoha, have you decided what you’re going to do with the ferret for now?” Shiro asked his daughter while his wife continued to fuss over Yuuno.
“Yes, I was going to make a small bed for him in my room, and I’ll take care of feeding him as well.” Nanoha replied with decisiveness in her voice.

Nanoha woke up to the usual tone of her cell phone. She stretched a bit before getting dressed for the day in her white school uniform with a black trim.  She then walked over to the desk in her room that had Yuuno’s new bed.  The bed was a wicker basket with green sheets for padding.
“Good morning Yuuno-kun” Nanoha spoke cheerily.
“Ah… good morning.” He replied.
“Well, for now, I’ll say good job at making it through the night.” Nanoha said as she began setting her hair ribbons while looking in a mirror.
“Likewise.”
“Are you use to calling me by my first name yet?”
“Yeah, Nanoha.”
‘We only managed to get use to calling each other by our first names, and to start talking like friends.’ Nanoha thought to herself.  “I need to get to school, so let me hear all about what’s going on with you when I get home, okay?”
“Ah, that won’t be a problem.  Even if we’re apart, we can still talk to each other.” Yuuno told Nanoha, but she just gave him a questioning look.
You’re a mage now, Nanoha.” Yuuno’s voice spoke to Nanoha in her mind.
“Ah, this is like when you first called to me…”
“That’s right.  We can talk as long as you have Raging Heart with you.  Now try talking to me with your heart.” Yuuno instructed Nanoha.
Nanoha picked up Raging Heart and closed her palm around it while concentrating. “Like this?” she though with her heart and projecting her words into the jewel.
“That’s right.  It’s easy, right?”
“You’re right!” Nanoha exclaimed in surprise.
“Nanoha-san?  Is that you Nanoha-san?” another familiar voice sounded in Nanoha’s mind.
“Negi-kun?  You can talk like this too?” Nanoha thought back to her friend.
“Yes, but only because you have Raging Heart, the item from the Pactio with you,  As long as you have that we can talk, though I did hear another voice speaking through it as well.  I was going to let you know about the Pactio and the rest later today when I got out of the hospital.” Negi told her from his room in the hospital.
“Ah, okay.  And the other voice you heard was Yuuno.  He taught me how to use my heart to speak to others.” Nanoha replied.
“I’ll tell you about a lot of things whenever you’re free.  Like about me, magic and the Jewel Seeds.” Yuuno informed Nanoha and Negi though the bond they now shared.
“Okay.” Nanoha agreed.

At school Nanoha meet up with Arisa and Suzuka inside the classroom.  They both had the same white uniforms on that she did, but the girls had a little bit of a concerned look on their faces.
“Nanoha!  Did you hear what happened last night?” Suzuka asked.
“What do you mean?” Nanoha replied with a quizzical look on her face.
“The vet we went to yesterday…  Apparently there was a car accident or something, and they said that the walls around the area was smashed in.” Suzuka began to inform her friend.
“We’ve been worried about the ferret…” Arisa spoke with a saddened face.
“Umm, you see… About that, you see… I ran into him while I was taking a walk.  And I took him home with me.” Nanoha told her friends.
“So he’s safe at your house, Nanoha!  But that’s one incredible coincidence, isn’t it?” Suzuka relaxed as she continued to speak.  “To have met him on the street when he was escaping from that mess…”
“Really!” both Arisa and Suzuka said in unison, not having to worry anymore.
‘It’s not a lie!  It’s not a lie!  I’ve only slightly tweaked the truth!’ Nanoha told herself as she hesitantly laughed.  The other two girls just looked at their friend wondering.  “And it looks like my family doesn’t mind having a pet ferret…so we’re going to be taking care of him at my house for now.”
“I see!” Suzuka spoke.
“Now we just have to come up with a name for him.” Arisa said as she began to ponder.
“Yeah.  His name’s Yuuno-kun.” Nanoha informed the other girls.
“Yuuno-kun?” Arisa asked.
“Yep, Yuuno-kun.” Nanoha confirmed.

Negi finished gathering up his stuff and put it all I a tout bag before following Shiro Takamachi out.  The two left the hospital and got in Shiro’s car before heading for the Takamachi’s house.
“So where will I be staying?” Negi asked the older gentleman.
“We have an extra room at the house and you can stay there, but it will take a little while to prepare the room.  We have mostly been using it for storage.  If it’s not a problem, you may have to spend the night in someone else’s room till tomorrow.” Shiro said.
“That would be fine with me.  I don’t want to impose.” Negi replied.
“Also, we just got a ferret; you don’t have problems with them do you?”
“No, I like ferrets.  I use to have one of my own.”
“Oh?  So you are beginning to remember things?”
“Well only a few thing, and they are just small things.  Nothing big that I can remember, yet.” Negi lowered his head as he spoke.
“Well don’t worry. It will all come back to you in time.  Here we are.” Shiro said as he stopped the car.
Shiro helped Negi into the house and began showing him around.  Negi was impressed with the dojo in the backyard and wondered if he could sit in when Shiro or his elder daughter and son used it.  When they got to Nanoha’s room Yuuno bound over to them and wanted to be picked up, so Negi picked Yuuno up and carried him around the rest of the house.  Afterward Shiro told Negi that he could just relax around the house since he had to go back and help his wife take care of the café they the family owned.
Yuuno concentrated a little so that he could include Nanoha and Negi in the telepathic bond.  “The Jewel Seeds are ancient relics of my world.  Originally, they were magical stones which could grant the wishes of those who possessed them, but sometimes the manifestations of their power became unstable, like what happened last night.  Sometimes, they’ll turn on the stone’s user and devour everything in the area, including the user’s spirit  There are times when people will misuse them and get confused, which can also cause then to run wild..”
So why was something so dangerous in my neighborhood?” Nanoha wondered back to Yuuno.
“It’s my fault.  In my home world, I’m an archaeologist.  And one day, I discovered something in an old rock formation.  I sent a team of investigators to claim it and put it into safekeeping.  But the ship that was taking it away had some sort of accident, and there was a big disaster.” Yuuno stopped as feelings of guilt and sorrow went through his mind as a silent prayer for those who helped him.  “Twenty-one Jewel Seeds were scattered across this world because of that.  And we’ve only managed to find two so far.”
“Two?  So you found one before last night?  That means there’s another nineteen left, huh…?”
Negi thought into the conversation.
“Yes, I found one the other day and was able to seal it, but almost right after that the one from last night found me.  I was able to drive it off but it took up almost all of my magical power and after that, was when Nanoha found me.” Yuuno explained.
“From what you’ve told me so far, it’s not really your fault the Jewel Seeds got scattered here, right?” Nanoha wondered.
“But I was the one who first found them… So I have to find them all, and return them to where they should be.” Yuuno told Nanoha.
“Somehow… somehow, I can relate to your feeling.  You are a diligent person, aren’t you, Yuuno-kun.”
“Umm… I’m terribly sorry for getting you involved last night and making you help me like that… I’d like to stay in your care for a while longer as I rest and let my magical powers return.  Just a week… no, if I had just five days, all of my power would return, so if I could stay with you until then…” Yuuno thought with an admission of guilt.
“If your powers do return what will you do?” Negi asked in the bond.
“I’ll leave to search for the rest of the Jewel Seeds alone again.”
“I won’t allow that.”
Nanoha chided.
“You won’t all that?” Yuuno asked in wonder.
“It’s impossible for me to help during normal school and cram school, but I can help you out any other time.” Nanoha instructed.
“But it’ll be dangerous, like last night.” Yuuno warned.
“Well, we’ve already become acquainted, and I’ve heard your entire story.  I just can’t leave you alone now.  And if people in the neighborhood are going to keep running into things like last night, it’ll be a problem for everyone, right?”
“Yuuno-kun, you don’t have anyone to help you out when you’re alone, right?”  Nanoha thought t her friend. ”Being all alone is sad.  Let me help you out.  If someone’s in need and you have the power to help them, you should never hesitate to help them.”
“Those are great words Nanoha-san, they are the true words of a Magister Magi.” Negi praised.
“Thank you, It’s what my dad taught me.”
“Since Yuuno-san told you everything, I feel that I should tell you what I can a well or at least what I can remember.  As I told you before, I was raised in Whales, England, but I came to Japan to be a teacher.”
Negi started.
“Eh?  You came here to be a teacher?  But you are only ten!”
Nanoha
“That may be true, but I completed all my studies up to the equivalent of a Bachelors degree.  Besides, it was the mission given to me by the Magical Academy I graduated from.  If I didn’t complete my assignment, I would no longer be able to be a mage.  The work of great mages is to secretly assist the people of the world with their power.  It’s a job that earns the highest respect in the world of magic.” Negi explained.  “I still don’t remember how I ended up here but I want to try and get back to Mahora Academy.”
“Mahora?  Where is that?”
Nanoha questioned.
“It’s here in Japan, it’s a large town built around the Mahora Academy.  The academy teaches from grade school all the way through college.  It seems like no one knows that it exists, so I think like Yuuno-san, I also come from another world.  Or a world like Earth but different at the same time, like a different dimension.” Negi thought.
“So then, does that mean that you won’t be able to return home?” Nanoha thought with concern.
“That may not be true, remember that I came from a different world.  I am sure there is some way for Negi-san to return to his home.  Once I recover, I can try to help you return.”
“Thank you, Yuuno-san.  Now that you know a little about me let me explain the Pactio.  The normal Pactio system enables the magician casting the spell, the Magister Magi that would be me in this case, to transfer some of his magic power to the other person involved in the Pactio, the Minister Magi or Ministra Magi if female, improving the Ministra's natural capabilities, and providing a magical barrier against physical attacks.  The Ministra also receives a special magical item called an 'Artifact', which reflects the Minister's abilities and personality.  When a Pactio is established, a card is created as proof of the contract; the Magister keeps the original card with himself, though copies can be made for the Minister.  The main purpose, or the original one when the system was first created, was to provide someone to help guard and protect the Magister Magi on their journeys and in battle.”
Negi paused for a moment as he took a drink of water.
“There seems to be some differences with your Artifact though, for one you didn’t need to summon it with the words ‘Adeat’.  A little later we can try out some of the thing that a Pactio should let you do, such as me being able to summon you next to my side.  Though there is a range of up to 10km.  And as you know, we are able to talk via telepathy, though that too is different, you should have to hold the card to your head and should only let you talk to me.  Once you arrive home we can test out the rest of the Pactio functions and see what is different from what I know.” Negi finished explaining.
“I’ll be out of school soon and there isn’t any prep school afterward, so I will see you guys soon.” Nanoha thought back with delight.
Negi closed the link for the conversation and began to think to himself.  Yuuno bound from Negi’s lap and went to look around the house.  After a few minutes Negi was able to dismiss and summon the Pactio card, but when he was able to fully remember how to summon the card it came with seven other cards.  The other cards, each one with a different person, were partially faded.  Negi however couldn’t remember who a single person on the other cards was.
Yuuno came back into the room and saw tears beginning to flow down Negi’s face.  “Why?  Why can’t I remember?  Who are these girls and what happened between us?” Negi asked to no one in particular.

Elsewhere a faint shimmer began to grow from a small jewel hidden out of the way in a small shrine.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 To be continued
First off, to any who know Latin properly, I apologize if I make mistakes in what I write as to Negi’s spells and their translation roughly.
(1) Latin: Windflower Aerial Wall
(2) Latin: 17 spirits of light, become the bonds which bind my enemy!  Magic projectile: Light arrows of binding!

Second, sorry for the long delay.  I meant to have this done some time ago, but I was stuck trying to get it done.  The next one shouldn’t take as long and will hopefully be done before or on the new year.
Second, sorry for the long delay. I meant to have this done some time ago, but I was stuck trying to get it done. The next one shouldn't take as long and will hopefully be done before or on the new year.
If you have any reviews, please go ahead and post them.Some of them are good to hear.
See you soon.
Converting /tmp/phpFQ1UYb to /dev/stdout