Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Fan Fiction ❯ Pactio! Stand by, Ready ❯ Contracts and a promise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a crossover of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Negima. I do hope you all try to enjoy this.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own either series.
Thinking to themselves.
“Talking to someone with their voice.”
`Talking to someone with telepathy.'
Chapter 3: Contracts and a promise

Nanoha walked with her best friends Arisa and Suzuka after school had let out. The three were headed for Suzuka's house first since it was the closest. When the three arrived, they noticed a limo out front with a gray haired butler standing by the car door.
“Samejima? Are you here to pick me up?” Arisa asked as she got closer to the car.
“Indeed madam.” The aged butler replied as he bowed to the blond girl before opening a door for her.
“Nanoha, do you want a ride home?”
“Thank you Arisa-chan, but I wanted to walk home today. See you later Arisa-chan, Suzuka-chan.”
“Bye bye.” The two girls cried out as Nanoha left.

Elsewhere a faint shimmer began to grow from a small jewel hidden out of the way in a small shrine.
A young woman, in her early twenties, walked her small dog came to the shrine to pay a small tribute, the woman had a white blouse and purple shorts she had shoulder length pink hair. As the girl was praying, her dog noticed the shimmer. The little dog barked at the light and broke away from its master to get a better look. The dog barked and growled at the jewel before being enveloped by its brilliant blue light.

Nanoha was walking home and looking into some of the shops on her way home when she stopped to look at a beautiful red and gold dress in a window.
She was beginning to walk away, when she felt a dangerous and familiar feeling coming from a bit of a ways off making her stop in her tracks.
“Yuuno-kun, what was that just now?” Nanoha asked as she linked her mind with Yuuno and Negi.
“A new Jewel Seed has been activated. It's close.” The small ferret thought back.
What should we do?”
“Will you help me!” Yuuno asked.
“Let's stand up to it together. Yuuno-san, Nanoha-san, the three of us should be able to do that!” Negi thought to the other two.
“Yeah!” Nanoha replied.

The light around the dog slowly faded, and in its place was a terrifying monster. It had four piercing red eyes, sharp glistening white fangs all around its mouth and four more fangs jutting outward above the creature's mouth. Two long red horns rose from just behind its eyes, while sharp bony plates ran along its spine and down the tail. Jet black fur covered its body as it looked at its closest pray, its former master.
The woman fainted as the monster approached.
“Nanoha, use the Raging Heart!” Yuuno called as the three ran up the stairs to the shrine.
“Ah, yeah!” Nanoha replied as she removed the red jewel from around her neck.
“The Jewel Seed possessed an animal that was in the area.”
The Seed possessed monster stepped closer toward the unconscious woman and opened its mouth for the easy meal in front of it paying no mind to the new arrivals.
“What should we do?” Negi asked as he took a martial arts stance.
“It's a lot tougher when it has a stable form like this!” Yuuno spoke as he jumped down from Negi's shoulder to give him fighting space.
“It'll be fine… probably.” Nanoha's voice sounded with confidence as she took a step forward.
With those words, Negi shot forward and slammed into the beast knocking it away from the woman. Nanoha watched with amazement as Negi stood protective over the fallen woman.
“Nanoha! Activate the Raging Heart!” The small ferret yelled to try and pull Nanoha back to reality.
“Ah! How do I activate it again…?” Nanoha asked herself bewildered.
Charging around Negi with great speed, the monster went for Nanoha as she was distracted.
“Start from 'I, the one who accepted this mission!' the activation password!” Yuuno told Nanoha as he jumped onto her shoulder.
“I don't remember the whole long thing!” Nanoha spoke in alarm as the beast was almost on top of her.
Nanoha closed her eyes out of reflex as the Jewel Seed possessed monster was about to make its final lunge for the girl in white. A bright pink light glowed from Nanoha's hand which held the jewel Raging Heart.
“Stand by. Ready. Set up.” The red jewel chimed as Nanoha's body was surrounded by the brilliant pink light.
The creature jumped away from Nanoha as it waited for the light to die down. Once the light faded, Nanoha held her gold and red jewel tipped staff from the previous night, though she still had her normal school clothes on.
`She activated the Raging Heart without even saying the password…!' Yuuno thought to himself. “Nanoha! Your protective clothes!”
The beast made a false lunge toward Negi before sharply tuning and rushing into Nanoha. Raging Heart glowed again, this time it spread outward by a few feet as it chimed “Barrier Jacked. Protection.”
Negi leapt forward to try and intercede, but even he knew he would be too late. With a resounding crash, Nanoha was forced down the stairs by the beast. Ripping up some of the stone and causing a dust cloud. It jumped away from Nanoha and landed on top of the Torii arch as both it and Negi waited to see how Nanoha had faired.
As the smoke cleared, Negi let out a sigh of relief. Nanoha was completely unharmed as she sat on the ground. She let out a sigh as she looked at Yuuno while he perched on her shoulder. The beast leapt at Nanoha again as she was trying to recover, the girl however raised her staff to defend herself out of reflex. Raging Heart brought up another protective barrier that held the beast at bay, before forcing it away.
The Jewel Seed possessed beast fell to the ground a little way off from Nanoha stunned. Amazing, she took no damage from that impact… As I thought, this girl has an incredible amount of talent. Yuuno thought as Nanoha picked herself up.
“Ouch… it didn't really hurt as much as I thought it would… Umm… all we have to do now is seal it, right?” Nanoha asked toward Negi and Yuuno.
“Yeah.” Spoke Negi in agreement. “Ras tel Ma scir Magister, septendecim spiritus lucis, vinculum facti inimicum captent, Sagitta Magica, Serius Lucis Capturae!” (1)
Seventeen shots of light left from around Negi and wrapped around the beast holding it down.
“Raging Heart, please!” Nanoha asked her staff before raising it above her head in one hand.
“All right. Sealing mode. Set up.” Raging Heart relied in its monotone voice as the dog beast thrashed in the bonds holding it. Despite the futile struggling, three letters appeared on the beasts forehead.
“Lyrical Magical. Jewel Seed Serial XVI!” The white mage girl chanted before doing a quick spin and releasing several ribbons of light the pierced the beasts and returned it to its two original forms, that of a small dog and of a blue jewel. The later of the two hung in the air and drifted slowly toward Nanoha and Raging Heart.
When the Jewel Seed was almost touching Raging Heart, the red device absorbed the small jewel. “Receipt No. XVI.”
Nanoha let out a small sigh as the battle had finished. “I wonder if it's all right now…”
“Yeah.” Negi nodded before coming over to pick up Yuuno and stand near Nanoha.
“There's not much else we have to do now, like before.” The small ferret info the two.
“Um… I think that we should stick around until she wakes up.” Negi pointed at the unconscious woman. “I would feel bad if anything happened to her.”
“I agree with you but we should hide as well, just to play on the safe side.” Yuuno spoke his thoughts on the matter.

After around fifteen minutes of waiting, the woman slowly began to stir before gently sitting up. “Huh? I wonder if I tripped and hit my head…? It's gotten so late.”
The sun had started to set by now and cast an orange glow over the town. Hearing a bark, the woman saw her puppy looking up at her with what could only be described as glee on its face.
“Well I guess it's time to go home. Lets pick up some meat on the way home for both of us.” She said as she picked up her dog and held him in her arms before leaving the shrine.
Once the woman had left, Nanoha, Negi and Yuuno stepped out of the bushes with a smile on their faces.
“Good job…I guess.” Nanoha spoke absentmindedly.
“Yeah.” “I'd say so.” Negi and Yuuno replied at the same time.
After all that had happened today Nanoha hand finally made up her mind and looked over toward Negi and Yuuno. “Yuuno-kun, Negi-kun, though I don't know if I can become a proper mage, I want to learn.”
“You're already a great mage, Nanoha. I'm sure you have an incredible amount of talent, more than I do.” Yuuno told Nanoha.
“Really? I don't really get it yet myself… but for now, teach me what you can. And I'll do my best, so…” Nanoha spoke with confidence.
“Though I still don't remember much, I will try and teach you what I can. Yuuno has started to tell me about the Mid-chila form of magic. It is a bit different from the type I use, but there are still some similarities.” Negi told the girl.
“Well, I sure am hungry from all of that, how about we head back home. Mom and dad should have dinner ready by now or will soon.” Nanoha spoke with confidence.
“Yeah.” Yuuno and Negi nodded in agreement.

After diner, Nanoha and Negi were sitting and talking in Nanoha's room. They had been going over some of the basics with Yuuno about their different kinds of magic.
“Okay, so we are decided then. Yuuno will teach you the fundamentals of the Midchila magic, and I will help you learn and apply it to combat.” Negi concluded the talks.
“Alright, we can begin with the basics for now. Inside the heart of every mage, including all three of us, there is a magic generating organ called the Linker Core. Imagine that you're breathing in with your Linker Core, collecting and condensing the magic in the air. That is magic application. Try to collect and hold the magic around you for a minute nonstop. Doing this will help build the foundation of your powers.” Yuuno instructed Nanoha.
Negi and Yuuno waited patiently as Nanoha tried a couple of times before finally holding her magic for a full minute. “Now that you can hold it for a minute, try condensing the stored magic around Raging Heart. You are then going to use the condensed magic to do Image Training. Raging Hear is going to create a virtual sequence in your mind to help you train, you can even include myself and Negi in these simulations for added effort. For now though, just try to supply Raging Heart with the magic that it needs to create the basics.” Yuuno continued.
It took Nanoha a moment before she got the hang of it. “Now Negi, just like when we talk mind to mind, open your mind and allow Nanoha to draw you in. Nanoha, the way you add us into the training is try to reach for us through Raging Heart and the training program.”
The three of them stood hovering in the middle of the air above a sparkling blue ocean and pure white clouds dotting the sky.
“Okay, then next step for you Nanoha is to get use to using your powers. The ability to fly, search, attack, defend and being able to fight in the air requires a high level of tactical knowledge and quick thinking. Negi, how much magical combat do you remember?” the ferret asked as he sat on Nanoha's shoulder.
“I don't remember fighting much, but for some reason I have the feeling that I have fought quite a bit.” Negi replied sheepishly.
“That is good then. Because you and Nanoha are going to try a few mock battles in here. Not now of course but once the two of you feel confident. Nanoha, more than anything you need to learn how to fight. And since Negi doesn't have a device of his own, he can only be incorporated though actual combat.” Yuuno nodded while he spoke.
“Since she knows how to gather magical energy, why don't we start teaching now. Yuuno, what's the basic combat spell? For me it is Sagitta Magica, or Magic Arrow.” Negi commented.
“Ah your right, the basic spell is Magic Divine Shooter. Okay Nanoha, ready to learn?” Yuuno spoke with zeal.

Latin: 17 spirits of light, become the bonds which bind my enemy! Magic projectile: Light arrows of binding!
Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay and everything. I've just been having a lot of things come up and deal with. Honestly I will include more in coming chapters, as well as a few more surprises.