Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Please Save My Earth ❯ Alissa Sings.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alissa walked down the streets of the small village singing her heart out as intrigued villagers listen to her wondrous voice.
She was a young girl, only twelve years old. Her shoulder length dark brown hair and hazel eyes complemented her beautiful voice that flowed like a river. With each note she sung, a villager near by would be filled with happiness. Some villagers believe that when she sings, even the gods gather on a nearby mountain to listen.
Every day, she would walk through the streets of her village singing her song, hoping to relieve the pain and sorrow of the villagers and families would come out of their houses to hear her sing.

' Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where they're free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'

Though she could relieve the sadness of the village when she sung, she could never relieve the pain she had inside of her. Watching each her family members die when she was only six, had taken a devastating toll on her heart. Her mother was the last one to die, as she was the only one thing protecting Alissa.
Greed filled men from the army accused her father of stealing gold from an army official, however, her father had never stolen a thing. The men, although they knew this fact, just wanted money. So soldiers recruited other men in the army and convinced them that Alissa’s father had the money that was stolen. Little did the soldiers know, the ones who recruited them, were the ones who had stolen the money from the official. Before the raid, the military gave each of the soldiers a sack of gold and told them that they were to kill Alissa’s family. The following day, they rushed inside her house, killing her father with ease. When they came to kill her mother, she started to sing:

' Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where they're free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'

Her song enchanted the soldiers and after they slaughtered her mother, they decided to take her to a nearby village, give her a small house and enough gold to help her make a living. Alone and scared, she started to sing. Hearing the song, the villagers slowly came to hear the beauty that came from the small child.

' Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where they're free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'

Like the soldiers, the villagers were enchanted by the beautiful song and they were suddenly filled with happiness despite all of the sorrow in their lives. Seeing that this was happening, Alissa began to sing louder. Her voice rang through the whole village and touched each and every one of their hearts. Soon, the whole village had gathered 'round to listen to the song.
When she finished the song, the village chief asked what her name was. She told them her name was Alissa Seas. They came to love Alissa and she became the talk of the town. She also made friends with many of the children there that were her age, but after six years, only one child remained in the village. Moro Leria, though unknown to himself and Alissa, son of the man who first condemned Alissa's parents.

As Moro grew older, Alissa remained a friends to him and his father grew more and more uncomfortable with the fact his son was a friend with the daughter of the man he killed. He never once felt remorse for his actions, but he was fearful that his son would find out that he killed Alissa's family and would hate him.
He wanted his son to have the best but if his son hated him, it would pose a serious problem on his upbringing. He told himself that one day he would have to tell Moro the truth about Alissa's parents and how it was his fault she was an orphan. He would then have to hope that Moro would forgive him for being the remorseless and greedy man he was.
On the day of Alissa's thirteenth birthday, Moro's father decided he would tell Moro the truth, but alter it just enough to make it seem like Alissa’s father really did steal money from the official, and yet while doing so, saying it in such a vague way, he wouldn’t be lying either.
When Moro came home that day, his father proceeded to tell him that Alissa's father was condemned with thievery and so caused his family great pain. He told of how someone had told some army officials that they had seen her father steal from them and how the army had slaughtered Alissa's family. He concluded his tale by explaining that he would of done the same to Alissa if she had not started to sing. After the conclusion to his story, Moro asked how he knew about this. Moro's father became panicked and he tried to think up a vague enough answer to his sons' question. He could not find one, so once again, Moro's father told him the partial truth.
“I was the one who told them of the crime,” he said with a sigh,” I witnessed the slaughtering of her family. It was my fault”
Moro suddenly started to cry. His father asked him what was wrong.
“She didn’t tell me,” he yelled, “I hate her!” He then ran out of the house in the direction of Alissa's home.

When Moro arrived at Alissa's house, he started yelling about what his father had told him. Alissa just stared at him; she was so shocked at what Moro had just told her.
“Is your father's name by any chance Coro Leria?” she asked softly after he stopped yelling. He stared at her shocked face and suddenly realized she was crying as well. He bent down beside her and wiped away her tears.
“Stop crying Alissa, I’m sorry I yelled at you,” he said as she cried, “Yes my father's name is Coro Leria, I’m sorry I said I hated you Alissa.” Still, she kept crying, he then became sad and frustrated at the same time, oh how he hated seeing Alissa cry.
“What can I do to stop you from crying?” he asked, tired and frustrated.
Alissa rocked herself gently, crying soundlessly, tears slowly dripped down her cheeks. She was so unhappy and it was unbearable for Moro.
Then she spoke softly, “Tell me this isn’t true.” She then began explaining her truth to Moro.
Shocked at what Alissa had said to him, he wasn’t sure whether to believe his father, or to believe the misunderstood girl who cried in front of him now. When he finally decided that he would believe Alissa, he wiped her tears one last time and headed home.
When Moro arrived home, his father hurried up to him and asked him what was wrong and his father was shocked to see that he was crying furiously.
“You killed Alissa's family! Her father never did anything to you! The day you supposedly saw him steal the gold, she was on a fishing trip with her family!” he yelled. “Father! Tell me the truth! Who really stole money?”
Shocked by his son's sudden outburst, Coro told his son everything that he had done to the innocent family from a nearby village, everything he had done to a six year-old child.