Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Please Save My Earth ❯ Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Moro was shocked by his father’s greed, and the fact that he was the remorseless man who ruined Alissa's life. Coro was a thief who would do anything, even ruin a six-year-old girls' life, for gold. Moro stood speechless.
All those years, he had admired his father as the perfect role model and yet now, he could not even think of him as his father anymore. This monster had killed an entire family, hurting Alissa more than anyone ever could; Coro could be no father of his.
Moro clenched his fists, remembering a time a long time ago, when some kids were hurting Alissa, pulling her hair and calling her a witch. He ran to her side and hit each of the kids giving them all broken limbs. Then and there, he vowed to Alissa that as long as he lived, he would hurt anyone who hurt her. He slowly raised his fist from his side; he ran to his father and embedded the fist into his father, he did not intend on breaking his vow anytime soon. Moro continued to hit his father again and again until his fingers were raw and his knuckles bled.
Despite Coro’s broken nose, ankle and rib, he carried his exhausted son up to his room and gently placed him in his bed. Moro had done it, he had done what Coro most feared would happen, his son hated him.
“Son...” Coro said quietly to the resting figure on the bed. He then collapsed with those being his last thoughts.
Moro woke up late in the evening, listening to Alissa's song. He recognized the beautiful song, but the voice, it was seemed different…

'Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where
They’re free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'

Who was singing Alissa’s song? The voice was much deeper and not nearly as beautiful, and instead of bringing happiness into his heart, it brought pain and sorrow. Moro slowly crept down the stairs and quietly walked out of their makeshift door.
He followed the voice to the town square where a light shone, were the voice was coming from. He saw Alissa staring into the light with a blank expression, and when the voice stopped she started to sing.

'Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where
They’re free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'


Moro was intrigued; he began to stride towards the light. He suddenly had an urge to sing Alissa's song. He never once learned the lyrics, but now, suddenly he knew them, as if it he had known them from the beginning. He then began to sing along side Alissa, in a sleep-like trance, he sang...

'Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where
They’re free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe'

Moro's voice rung clear, almost an exact copy of Alissa's voice except deeper. When he finished singing he suddenly snapped out of his trance, surprised his voice sounded like that. People always said he resembled Alissa.
It looked like Alissa had already snapped out of the trance as she was staring at him in shock, she had never once heard him sing before and she never imagined he would sound like that, his voice so much like her own.
Suddenly, the voice came out of the light again, it spoke only one word, 'come'. Then the blinding light swallowed Alissa and Moro. Moro saw of Alissa was her cringing as the light engulfed her, right before both of them blacked out...