Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Please Save My Earth ❯ Dreams and Prophecies ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
As Moro was blacked out, images of the slaughtering of Alissa’s parents appeared in his head. They were in clear detail, as though he had been there and witnessed the murder for himself. It was terrible to know he used to think of him as a father.

“Alissa, would you like to go for a walk?” a woman asked. She was roughly around the age of thirty; she had bright green hair and bright purple eyes. Her voice was melodious, yet unlike Alissa's voice. Beside the woman, a young Alissa stood, eyes bright and happy.
“Yes mama!” she said happily,” can we bring Duran too?” A dog suddenly appeared at her feet yapping energetically, Moro guessed the dog was called Duran. It had a white coat with black spots and its eyes were golden, that seemed to glow with happiness and joy. The dog jumped up and down at the prospect of a walk, it loved walks.
Alissa bent down to pet Duran and gently ruffled his fur, the dog barked in delight. He licked her face with such joy, while Alissa giggled with each lap. She patted his head again and he would lick her some more. She loved Duran more than anything, and Duran loved her the same.
The woman laughed. “All right, go get his leash,” she said while putting on a jacket.
“Yay!” Alissa screamed as she ran to get the leash, with Duran close behind her.
Just as the woman reached to open the door, it opened. There were dozens of army officials gathered outside the door. One had a bloody sword in hand. The woman screamed when she saw the dead body of a man lying on the doorstep in a small pool of blood.
“Mama! I found the lea…” Alissa said running to the doorway with Duran, stopping mid-sentence when she saw the man lying dead on her doorstep. Duran started growling at the men.
“This man has been condemned to death on charges of stealing from an army official yesterday,” the army official said then smiled, “it is our duty to kill him and his family. That includes you and your little girl there.” Laughter erupted from the men as they started to step inside the house, swords in hand.
“No! Please not Alissa; she's just a child… She did you no harm! You cru…“ the woman said as she fell down dead, Alissa stared in terror, her eyes grew dull. She then ran to her mother’s body and began to shake, while the men approached her.
“Mama! Mama! Don’t leave me! Mama! Wake up!” Alissa screamed, shaking her mother, desperately trying to get her to wake up. Duran, understanding the situation, bit the army official in the leg.
“Get off of me you little mutt!” the army official screamed as he slashed the dog with his sword. Then Duran was thrown to Alissa's feet.
“Duran!” Alissa cried, as she watched the dog fly to her feet. Tears started to drip slowly down her face as Duran slowly got up with a whimper, and licked her cheek one last time, then collapsed to the floor.
“Duran...” Tears began to flow faster and faster down her cheeks,” ...I will sing for you one last time...”

“Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where
They’re free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe”

“Sir...maybe we should let the child live...she it only a little girl after all.” an army official pleaded, obviously subdued by the music. As the captain was also subdued, he dropped a sack of gold at Alissa's feet and grunted, “Take this, we will come to take you to a nearby village tomorrow. Be prepared to leave.” With that they turned and left, leaving the little girl to cry alone...

Moro suddenly woke up, sweating furiously. He felt dry tears on his cheeks, he had been crying in his sleep. Alissa was sitting up beside him, also sweating as if she just woke up from a bad dream. They looked at each other, unable to ask what the other dreamt.
Before them, stood a woman with flowing green hair and purple eyes. She was in a beautiful white gown and silk gloves. She smiled and said, “Finally, you're awake, I have a lot to tell you.”
*********************************************************** *************************************************************************** ***************************************************************
"Who are you?" Moro said, staring at the women. "What did you need to tell me?"
"Not just you," she said, "but Alissa as well.
A long time ago, the gods made a prophecy. It goes somewhere along the lines of this:

‘Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon
Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where
They’re free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe’

I believe you are familiar with this in song for-"

"That's your song Alissa! It’s a prophecy! Wow!" Moro said,” Wonder what it's about?"
"Moro"Alissa said.
"Yes Alissa?" he replied.
"Shut up and listen" Alissa ordered. Surprised and shocked by the suddenness of this order, he silenced himself.
"Go on" Alissa told the woman.
" As I was saying, you two know this prophecy in song form, correct?” the woman stated. They both nodded. "Well," she continued, "I will explain what I know of all the lines in the prophecy to you:

‘Who are those little girls in pain just trapped in castle of dark side of moon’, this means you here in the castle on the dark side of the moon now. About the girls thing, I am not sure why, but you Moro were supposed to be born a girl and somehow something was messed up in the process, and you are a boy. But in the prophecy, we count you as a girl. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, you two are two of twelve of the demi-god happiness bringers called upon by gods. The parents you think were your parents were just brainwashed humans and this is why you each had a stronger bond with an animal you used to have as a pet, who are both now your spirit guardians. Alissa's is Duran and Moro, you have Mira, your old black cat, stabbed through the heart by a bored army officer, correct?"
Alissa just nodded sadly, but Moro started to cry. He loved Mira very much, and he missed her. Tears dripped down his cheeks. Mira was loyal to him until the end. She died because he bit an army officer who was hurting him. Mira...
"Don't cry Moro!" Alissa said, as she patted his back
"You will see them soon. Now, the next part." she said and Moro's face lit up with joy, "’Twelve of them shining bright in vain like flowers that blossom just once in years’- There are 10 more of you in the world, in fact all ten others are already here, and you two make 12, and all of you really do shine!
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love just dreaming of a place where they’re free as dove-You will be here for a while serving duties here. Point blank, you are trapped here, like prisoners. You will soon forget free life.
As for the last two lines, we are not sure what they mean, but they are vital. We will tell you as soon as we find out. As for now, we will be teleporting you to your rooms. You two will be roommates. I will go now. Good bye."
The women started to fade away and the blinding light yet again blacked them out again.