Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ The Dancing Princess ❯ Begin Again ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Because this is the most popular pairing, I give you some Shizuru/Natsuki this chapter.
Goddamit. The moment I try and get some sleep, I start writing chapter two. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Oh, and it has been explained to me that Haruka should already be graduated. Too damn bad for Haruka. There was a lot of discussion over their actual grade levels, just to sort them correctly, so if their grades come up, I won't try to confuse you. Thank Hoppy-chan.
((She gets a muffin.))
 
The Dancing Princess
Chapter Two: Begin Again
 
Natsuki was not in her room. She was barely conscious of the fact that she was awake, and her eyes were not yet open. Her arms were hugging a pillow, and she remembered blankets in the late night with a movie playing on the TV. Yes, she was in a mess of blankets upon the floor, completely naked except the sheet covering her lower half. It would've been embarrassing if she weren't so certain this was perfection.
 
There was a noise no more than five feet away, and she stretched out her arms expecting the gun she kept hidden by her bed, then remembered this wasn't her bed. Her eyes opened, and she realized perfection was missing one thing: Shizuru.
 
“Where are my clothes?” she muttered to the girl attempting not to make noise as she searched through pots and pans. Shizuru turned, smiling. Of course. She'd come over to her new apartment last night to watch a movie. They'd ended up with an indoor picnic and a messy lump of skin and tongue and pleasure. How odd, thought Natsuki. It felt stranger than she realized, or maybe strange because it wasn't what she thought, waking up from a night of sex with a female lover. It seemed normal, almost mundane, though it was her first time. It seemed like they were the married couple with their Friday nights of passion, and waking up the next morning was a familiar treat that was more familiar than anything else.
 
Shizuru had abandoned the kitchen to pull the sheet away from her lover, revealing her entirety. Hands moved across exposed flesh, sending prickles of ecstasy through Natsuki's body.
 
“Do you need them?” she murmured seductively.
 
“I have class in—“ Natsuki glanced at the clock hanging on the wall behind them. “—An hour ago.”
 
Shizuru sighed, pointing to scattered cloth across the living room floor. “I guess those are yours. I just threw on the first things I found.”
 
Natsuki imagined coming to class in Shizuru's clothes, which were a size bigger to make up for height. It was probably not a good idea. Still, she forced herself up, not missing the chance to brush against her lover's skin, smiling at the tingles she received. She could distinguish the school uniform she was supposed to be wearing. It was probably not worth wearing to class. And if she could spend the whole day smelling like Shizuru, all the better. Lazily, she reached for underwear at the very least. Shizuru stood, returning to her duty at the kitchen.
 
“You're not making breakfast, are you?” Natsuki called, finding a shirt that fit. Most of the clothes were actually Shizuru's laundry she never got around to.
 
“I was going to. Why?”
 
The blue-haired girl kicked up a pair of jeans and smelled them to see how clean they were. Not very, she sighed. “Don't.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“You can't cook.”
 
Stubbornly, she pulled out a frying pan. Natsuki had a feeling by the end of the day, someone was going to get hit with it.
 
---
 
Haruka had taken the position as student council president.
 
No one was happy with it.
 
(Except Yukino, but she got to sit there and watch Haruka boss everyone around while her orders were handed on a platter with fancy gold handwriting.)
 
This year, they decided behind the back of their new director, was going to be hell. (They soon learned that anything behind the back of Haruka was the same as the front, except she didn't care as much when you insulted her face. It was the principle of the thing, really.)
 
Yukino, who was used to knowing everything and finding absolute embarrassment at the scandal you could uncover with a few pods, now could barely keep up with anything that went on around her. Still, she found pleasure in being by Haruka's side, and if there was nothing else to her position, it was still a fairly good one.
 
(Her friends made jokes about positions, but only when Haruka wasn't around to hear them. It usually made Yukino's face grow red next time she saw her friend.)
 
From what little Yukino had explained to Haruka about the past year, she'd quickly understood the depth of their friendship. It wasn't so much about the battling evil or killing those who were not up to par to destroy whoever they needed to destroy; it was the knowledge that she was Yukino's most important person, no one else. Yukino would sit idly during class time to think if she really did understand, or if she stuck to her conception that it was no greater than a sisterly bond. Because of the reaction she'd held to other relationships, she'd never asked, leaving it where it was: comfortable, yet slightly uncomfortable, at least from her end. Like a hug to Haruka was a comforting sign, while Yukino took the opportunity to breathe in her blouse and wonder if those arms might ever embrace her in a different way.
 
Lazy thoughts of a girl with too much time on her hands (or a girl who spent too much time with someone with too much time on her hands.)
 
In the end of it, all Yukino really had was time.
 
---
 
Their two days off from school had arrived, and the students of Fuuka Academy were readily excited. There were plans for off campus fun, away from the watchful eyes of their newly dubbed director. Couples met between classes to cinch plans, and friends decided which bar they completely would not be hitting that evening with their fake IDs.
 
It was still early morning, and Mai's class was without their teacher. For two hours they'd been sitting, staring at the blank chalkboard. She was very aware of the boy two seats behind her, and excitement boiled within her as she thought of the oncoming day and what she had prepared for it.
 
The door open, and the classmates looked up to see if a teacher had arrived. Instead a sheepish Natsuki stepped in, out of uniform besides the jacket draped over her shoulders, and they returned to their conversations. Or, they would have, if not for the woman leading the embarrassed Natsuki, and most perked up at her sight.
 
Midori was standing at the front of the class now, her perky attitude apparent in her surroundings as she pointed to Natsuki's seat. Mai brightened as Midori began writing on the chalkboard and admitting her first folly as their new teacher.
 
“Looks like the start of a great year.”
 
Notes:
The final introduction. I suppose I could've stuck them all together, but whatever. I do what I want.
And next chapter I think I'll add some Akira/Takumi, then get on with the plot. Er, if there is one. I'm sure there is! The only plotless stories I do are drabble pieces! Still, if it takes a while to find one, obviously it is because we must settle into the scene.
`Til next time.