Marvel Avengers Fan Fiction ❯ Marvel Imagines ❯ Transfusion of Powers ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Requested on Quotev

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Peter, Y/N

 

You had to admit, finding out that Peter was Spiderman was quite a shock to the system. He was a goddamn superhero for crying out loud! Once you got over the shock, though, you were very supportive of his alter-ego. You helped him in anyway you could, whether it was target practice, a listening ear or even homework, you were always there. But Peter always felt guilty, he wanted to find a way to repay you for all of the time and support you had given him. Little did he know that he was going to get that chance.

You had been in a very bad car accident and lost a lot of blood which meant that you had to have a blood transfusion. Peter was by your side throughout all of the time you were in hospital. He never wanted to leave you alone. Peter was over the moon when you were finally able to go home, he’d be able to take care of you and heal you back to health. 

However, much to yours and his surprise, instead of groaning and hissing in pain and struggling to walk, you hopped out of bed and walked straight past the wheelchair that the nurse had brought for you. Peter narrowed his eyes suspiciously and thanked the nurse before following behind you, curiously. “That shouldn’t be happening. She should be in much more pain. Something must have happened.” 

He followed you through the halls until you came to the cafeteria. A tray was falling off a lunch lady’s trolley, and with a super-quick reaction, you managed to catch it, just inches from the floor. In that moment, something clicked inside Peter and his eyes widened. He rushed over to you and pushed you towards the exit of the hospital.

“What in the hell are you doing, Peter? I was helping the lunch lady. If you were that anxious to leave, you could have just waited outside for me.” He shook his head and put his hands on both of your shoulders. “It has nothing to do with that! Y/N, don’t you think it’s strange how after being in a serious car accident you managed to hop out of bed and walk around a hospital with two supposedly broken legs?”

You stood there for a few moments, mulling everything over in your mind before your eyes widened in realization. “Peter, what’s happened to me? That shouldn’t be humanly possible!” Your hands ran through your hair anxiously. “I also had this tingling feeling in the back of my neck when that tray was falling, like the one you get. You don’t think I’ve somehow gained powers from having that blood transfusion, do you?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know but I promise, I am going to do everything in my power to help and support you with these powers. We’ll go to the Avengers Tower and see what else you can do before we go any further.” You smiled softly and nodded your head. “Thank you, Peter. What would I do without you?”

------------------------------------------

Over the next few months, you and Peter worked tirelessly together to allow you to manage your new abilities. It turned out that the hospital had somehow given you blood that was laced with spider venom which is what gave you your spider-like powers. 

With all of the time you had been spending together, Peter had developed feelings for you, his best friend. He loved being around you, everything about you made him smile. Whenever you were around each other, his heart would flutter and a warm feeling would spread across his chest. It did take him a few days to realise that he did have feelings for you but once he did, Peter began to be quiet around you, which was getting on your nerves.

“What’s going on, Peter? Have I done something wrong?” You were both in the gym of the Avengers Tower when you took a seat next to Peter on the bench. He shook his head quickly. “No, it definitely isn’t you. You’re absolutely perfect. It’s me. There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell someone but I’m a little hesitant. I don’t know whether they’d feel the same.”

At those words, a large pang exploded in your chest. You had lost your chance with Peter, he had eyes for somebody else. You knew that this day would come, but you thought you had more time to tell him. Putting those feelings aside, you took a deep breath and plastered on a smile. “Peter, you are the most amazing, caring person I have ever met. You light up any room that you’re in. Any girl would be lucky to have you, and if she doesn’t, then more fool her.”

Peter suddenly sat up and smiled. “Well then, Y/N, you are a very lucky girl. I have had feelings for you for a while and they have only grew in these months. I’ve loved spending every day with you, helping you get to grips with your powers. It’s only brought me closer to you. I never thought that I would fall for my best friend but I’m so glad I did. You are the most amazing person in the world, Y/N L/N. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Tears were running down your face. Noone had ever said anything like that before to you.and the relief of knowing that Peter had feelings for you and not someone else made it even better. Instead of answering with words, you scooted closer and pulled him towards you, planting a sweet kiss to his lips. He immediately melted into it, his arms wrapping around your waist to pull you closer to him. 

“Does that answer your question?” Peter smiled at you and pecked your cheek before standing up and holding out his hand for you to take. “Where are we going?” You took his hand and he guided you out of the gym. “We are going on a date and I am going to show you just how much I care about you.” 

He kissed your hand and opened your door before disappearing down the hallway. You never in a million years would have guessed that you would end up in a relationship with your best friend but stranger things have happened.