Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots Impossible

Chapter 7: Reflections

By: Lord Archive

The characters found in this story do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo.

Note: Medabots Reflections rated NC-17 is the unedited version of this chapter. All important points from that story are contained in this chapter, just none of the explicit smut. If you are over 18 and wish to see it, you can find it at mediaminer org or at my personal website.

------------------

Arika stared at her ceiling. She briefly wondered how this had all happened, but that was squashed by the simple fact that she knew all too well why it had happened.

It began simply enough with a kiss.

After the Rubber Robos and Dr. Meta-Evil ruined the Japanese-sponsored World Robattle Championships, the robattle ranking system had been removed. The only way to become a top-ranked medafighter then was to win in tournaments. The year after all the trouble with the kilobots, friendly sparring and heated tournament battles were the extent of the robattling Ikki and Metabee had to do. It had been rather peaceful and everyone took it for granted that Ikki would be off to the World Robattle Championships in Kenya that year. In order to represent Japan, Ikki had to defeat Genkai and his modified Red Run in the semi-finals of the Japanese Nationals. Ikki needed all the luck he could get, so on impulse she gave him a kiss for luck. She _had_ intended for it to be on his cheek but she somehow ended up planting her lips right onto his.

Arika pursed her lips at the memory. Ikki had been so distracted by the kiss, he lost. BADLY. She had felt the loss was completely her fault, though Ikki never blamed her for it.

She had then been distracted from her guilt by one of the girls in her class, who had seen that kiss, saying she should be careful as a girl could get pregnant by kissing a boy. Arika had quickly waved that off, retorting there had to be more to it. At the time, though, she didn't have any proof of that.

Being the journalist that she was, Arika set out to get the proof she needed to learn how girls got pregnant. She knew that answer wouldn't come from her mother. Ever since she started having periods when she was ten, she had a strong feeling her mother was keeping some important things from her. An Internet search on pregnancy had proved how right that assumption had been. While there were several medical pages that explained how a baby was conceived and what happens to the baby and the mother during pregnancy, there were also hundreds of sites that also showed and/or explained the process of sex in pornographic detail.

Arika wished she had spent more time on the medical pages and less on the porn sites, but her curiosity led her to the latter. And, well... one of the links was to a fan-made story based on an anime she really liked. The characterization was almost nonexistent. Plot? What plot? It wasn't very realistic with the girl figuring she was pregnant the following day from weight gain. However, the writer obviously spent a lot of time doing, well, second-hand research, because the sex scene was very detailed and was beyond arousing.

The story gave her an idea, though. An idea she should've done more research on, but she had to do it.... She had to apologize to Ikki by having sex with him. And she did.

She went over to see Ikki and when his mother left to go shopping, she 'apologized' with her body. He gladly accepted. That fanfict had proved to be more incorrect than she had thought. But their encounter had come to be less about being an apology and more about love.

If it had remained just an apology, she would've been VERY upset when Ikki received a letter that same day inviting him to compete in the World Robattle Championships. Victor had probably pulled a favor as the World Champion from the host country to get Tenryo into the competition. But Ikki didn't care HOW he was going, just that he WAS going.

After their first time, they didn't have sex all that often for some time. They had let their other passions take up their time. Sometimes weeks passed between making love.

When they did make love, though, there was always something different about it. Between Arika's curiosity and Ikki's penchant for not doing what one expects, their sexual exploits were hardly normal.

Thinking back about all the sexual things she had done with Ikki over the past year, there was one thing that stood out in Arika's mind as the basis of their kinky behavior. Trust. They trusted each other completely. They believed that no matter how bizarre the act, they could not and would not hurt each other. That they felt so secure in the other's presence, that Ikki was able to have sex with Arika while she slept and she was usually a light sleeper.

The one thing they did not trust was nature. They tried to make sure they had plenty of condoms available for protection since the risk that she could get pregnant was something trust couldn't prevent. That Arika had gone through a couple pregnancy scares was proof of that. But those ended up being needless worries she had placed on herself because of her irregular periods. She had merely been late all those times.

Arika pouted as her hand clutched at her midriff. If only this time was also just a scare. But she had dismissed the evidence for over a week only to learn that the last thing she thought her illness could be was in fact the true cause.

Arika wanted to cry. She didn't know what to do. To keep the baby would doom her chances of ever being a journalist. To have an abortion would mean killing a child that was part of Ikki and her. What could she possibly do?

The scared teen wiped away her tears. She had to tell Ikki. If all their acts of trust meant anything, she had to let him know. But she didn't want to burden Ikki with the knowledge. To hurt him with the decision to either damn both of their lives, or kill their child.

Arika rolled over and buried her head into her pillow. Trust and love led her to this unthinkable situation. During the course of the last World Robattle Championships in America, she had sex with Ikki on a few occasions. By the time they got to the final championship round, they had used up all the condoms they had brought with them. Being young teenagers, neither dared go to a store to buy them. Especially with the way the American media was hounding Ikki for his accomplishments. She had learned how annoying it could be to be on the receiving end of a persistent reporter as questions of her relationship with Ikki had been raised. If she bought condoms and a yellow journalist saw her, the 'just friends' line they had been using would go up in smoke.

Then Ikki won the championships. Their excitement and passion ran higher than ever. They had mad, passionate and very unprotected sex. What had been acts of pure love led her to this unfathomable dilemma. She was used to asking questions, but not answering them. But what kind of answer could she possibly give for this?

This wasn't what Arika wanted. She had her plans for the future. They weren't grandiose or unreasonable. She would go to college with Ikki. She would study journalism as a major and botany for a minor, while he'd be clueless for a few years before finding some career that'd interest him. They'd get married while still taking courses, mostly to get an apartment near campus. Once they graduated, Ikki would begin his career, or at least attempt to. She would try to get a job with one of Tokyo's newspapers and work her way up to being an investigative reporter.

Arika knew that you had to work for what you really wanted. She would love to be an award-winning journalist before she was twenty-five, but that wasn't something that would just fall into her lap. She would have to work her ass off to achieve that goal, and had every intent on doing just that.

She expected that there would be set backs as various problems presented themselves. Ikki certainly had his fair share of those on his way to becoming the World Champion. Her graduation from college might end up being delayed by getting pregnant then.

THEN, not now. Arika definitely didn't want to deal with this now. She was only in junior high. She shouldn't have to consider being a mother yet.

But a mother she would be in about seven months if she kept this baby. It's not like she couldn't get pregnant again in the future. A quick trip to a clinic and her worries would be over. The life growing inside her would be over.

The alternative was death to her life. She would never graduate school. No degree in journalism to hang on the wall. No chance that she would be hired as a newspaper reporter. She would be nothing more than Tenryo Arika, housewife.

That didn't even take into account the burden she would be placing on Ikki and their families. They weren't poor by any stretch of the imagination, but it would certainly make things difficult. It wouldn't be right to trouble them with this. She should just go and get an abortion and be done with it. No one needed to know about it. It would be simple and quick.

Arika sat up and prepared to go through with it. To have an abortion. Her thoughts then quickly shifted to Ikki and him looking at her with disappointment and hatred. She immediately collapsed back into her bed, burying her face into her pillow.

If Ikki somehow learned of her having an abortion, would he hate her for doing that? For protecting him from this burden?

Arika wanted to laugh remembering the sad girl she met earlier that day. That girl had meant well in trying to help her boyfriend win robattles, but had gone about it the wrong way and ended up making him upset at her instead. Was she now doing the same thing? Would protecting Ikki from this cause her to lose him as well? She would sooner give up journalism and her garden than lose Ikki.

Young Amazake rolled over and tried to imagine what it would be like a year from now. If she had an abortion, she would still be in class and was hopefully still with Tenryo. Yet there was a hollowness to that future, as if something was missing.

If she kept the baby, she would be married to him and living at his house. She would see Ikki off to school, longing to go with him. Then her baby would cry and her attention would completely on taking care of her precious little baby.

Tears leaked from Arika's eyes. There was indeed a precious little baby inside of her. An infant that was Ikki's child. How could she ever destroy this life?

Amazake didn't know what was more selfish. Wanting the abortion to postpone her motherhood until she was much older and had her own career, or in wanting to keep this baby and placing huge burdens on Ikki and their families?

This one decision would change her life forever, and she didn't know how to answer it.

------------------
******************

"Talk about short chapter, and I'm not even in it!" Metabee growled. "Anyway, coming up in the next chapter life doesn't wait for Arika to think about her situation."

Note to Phantom Kensai of FFnet:
If you consider chapter 6 to be Koji bashing, I'd like to know your opinion of episodes 19 and 20 of Medabot season one. In those two episodes alone Koji knits a sock while hunting for a robattle to fight, his lack of focus causes him to lose quickly in a three-on-one duel against Shrimpy, and then gets conned into wearing a Rubber Robo outfit. I won't even go into his fear of spiders. I would never go as far to insult him as his own creators have done.

As it stands, Koji and Sumilidon lost to a close-combat specialty medabot. Bladerunner may not have been shown winning any real fights before, but he was taken down by shooter medabots. Not to mention Slugbottoms is a skilled medafighter in his own right. To have him lose again, against the one medabot type his robot is designed to defeat, would be character bashing of Slugbottoms.

Koji isn't done with this series yet, as he will not accept defeat.