Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ The Harsh Truth ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots Impossible

Chapter 9: The Harsh Truth

By: Lord Archive

The characters found in this story do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo.

-----------------------

Previously on Medabots: Impossible, while Arika continues to keep her pregnancy a secret as she tries to decide what to do, life continues on around her.

-----------------------

Arika sighed as Ikki ran off as the school day ended. She was worried what the results of her tests would be and hoped they would make it easy for her to decide what to do about her pregnancy. Her sickness was becoming easier to deal with as she was growing use to it. She even started to notice warning signs of when she was going to throw up before she would begin to gag.

Walking slowly down the hallway, Arika had no warning when a hand reached out and pulled her into a supply closet. She stepped back in terror, her arms moving protectively over her waist.

Samantha shook her head and looked away. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You said that last time," Arika shot back, more than a little tempted to scream.

Samantha closed her eyes. "I'm sorry. I couldn't let you find out the truth."

"You beat the shit out of me for that?" Arika growled.

"Because you wouldn't let it go," Samantha shot back. "You would've ruined my life."

"And just how was it that the truth behind you leaving The Screws would ruin your life?" Arika demanded. "What was so important you beat me half to death to get me to drop that story?"

Samantha smirked. "The same thing that can potentially ruin yours as well."

"What? Diabetes?" Arika retorted nervously.

"Right, 'diabetes,'" Samantha mocked. "And that would have you looking scared, especially around Ikki. It's not diabetes and we both know it."

Arika stared at the girl. She couldn't possibly know she was pregnant. And Samantha couldn't have been pregnant when she left The Screws, she would be noticeably pregnant or a mother now.

"Leaving The Screws is old news, so you better not use me in some story or I will rearrange your face, this time permanently," Samantha threatened. "And yes, I had an abortion."

Arika blinked dumbly. "Who was the father?"

"Genkai, but I tried to keep it quiet by having Spike pretend to be the father." Samantha laughed bitterly. "That royally blew up in my face. Not only did Genkai get upset when he found out, he thought I was whoring myself around."

"What was it like... having an abortion?" Arika wondered.

"The actual procedure was like the dentist molesting you with his tools." Samantha shuddered. "I know all he took out was the baby, but it still feels like he took something more."

Arika gazed at the floor.

Samantha gripped the girl's shoulder. "If you end your pregnancy, it's your decision. I sure as hell know telling the father is scary. You still have to tell Ikki or you'll ruin your life just as much as you would've if you kept the baby."

"Is that why you've been so focused on school? To make having the abortion mean something?" Arika questioned.

Samantha gave a shallow nod. "After losing Genkai and finding no place in The Screws, I wanted it to mean something. If I delayed being a mother to avoid messing up my life, I should make something of myself with that extra time."

-----------------------

"Come'on, Ikki, a quick robattle won't hurt anything," Metabee pleaded.

"I don't want to crush some kid," Ikki retorted. "And fighting Koji or Genkai right now would seriously get our asses kicked until we get your new body."

"But I don't want to wait a couple more days! I want to kick some can right now!" Metabee whined.

"Ah, excuse me..." a girl shyly approached them. "I know someone who'd love to fight you."

"Is he any good?" Ikki wondered.

"His dream is to follow your path to become a robattle champion. He's done well so far, but this is his first year competing," she told them.

Metabee rubbed his hands together. "You got it! When and where?"

"Ah, good. Tonight at seven in front of the elementary school?" the girl asked.

Ikki cast a quick glare at his partner. "Fine, we can robattle then."

The girl bowed. "Thank you."

-----------------------

Arika fidgeted nervously as the doctor finally entered the room. "So what's the verdict?"

"Evidence of prediabetes, I'm afraid," the doctor told her with a deep frown.

"'Prediabetes?'" Arika wondered. "So, does that mean my pregnancy is risky?"

"What it means is that you're at risk of developing diabetes." The doctor sighed. "Due to the stresses on the body caused by pregnancy, it can be a trigger."

"So, it would be best I have an abortion, to avoid that risk," Arika surmised.

"I'm afraid to say that aging is also a factor, along with certain types of medication." The doctor looked away. "Your pregnancy is a risky one due to your age, however, it is safer for you to have children at earlier age than most. I'm not saying you should keep the baby or have an abortion, just let you know everything about your situation."

"I... see..." Arika trailed off unemotionally.

"What is your intent now?" the doctor questioned.

"I was kind of hoping you'd make it easier to decide on delaying motherhood." Arika gripped her hands tightly. "But what you just said... that it would healthier for me to start sooner..."

"You should be fine up to the early twenties," the doctor pointed out.

"'Should be' isn't the same as 'will be,'" Arika shot back.

The doctor nodded. "Sadly true."

-----------------------

Megumi took small, nervous steps as she approached the winner of a robattle she just watched.

Hiroshi grumbled under his breath. "I need a real challenge."

"Perhaps I could help," Megumi chirped in.

"You promised not to set up any more fights," Hiroshi reminded with a growl.

"I know I did..." Megumi held a hand over her chest. "I just, there was no way for me not to request it for you."

"Megumi! You fucking promised! What are you getting out of it? Money?" Hiroshi howled.

"Nothing! Ikki was looking for an opponent, I asked for you!" Megumi defended.

"I don't care if it is Ikki you shouldn't have..." Hiroshi blinked. "Ikki as in Ikki Tenryo and Metabee?"

"Yes." Megumi nodded.

"They are so going to kick our ass," Hiroshi said with a grin.

"Actually, you might have a chance. Metabee is in his old KBT body. The Rubber-Robo gang destroyed his flight body and they haven't replaced it yet," Megumi pointed out.

"Even with an outdated body, Metabee is one of the top ranked medabots," Sir Lanceabot intoned. "It will be a fight I'll cherish."

"No kidding. A chance to fight classic Ikki and Metabee is a dream come true!" Hiroshi cheered. "When is the fight?"

"Tonight at seven," Megumi told him.

"Great!" Hiroshi grabbed her hands. "Thanks. If you set up robattles with strong opponents with higher ranks than me, I won't complain."

-----------------------

"There you are!" Ikki ran down the hillside.

Arika lazily looked up from where she was watching the river flow by. "Oh, hi, Ikki."

"Do you realize what time it is?" Ikki questioned.

Metabee followed after his partner. "Yeah, we're going to be late to a robattle!"

"Sorry, I needed to think," Arika replied.

"Couldn't you have told your Mom? You missed dinner," Ikki complained as he sat down next to her. "Did the doctor tell you something bad?"

"You could say that," Arika replied.

Ikki's eyes widened in fright. "You're not dying, are you?!"

Arika shook her head. "No. But my dreams of being a journalist might be over."

"Huh? What's wrong?!" Ikki asked frantically.

"I'm at risk of developing diabetes, so if I want to have your children, it's best I keep our baby," Arika gazed at him. "What should I do? I don't want to throw away either dream, but it seems I have to choose only one of them."

"'Our baby?'" Metabee squawked.

"You're pregnant?!" Ikki screeched.

Arika gave a shallow nod. "We celebrated your world championship too much."

Ikki began to slide down the hill, almost tumbling into the river below. Arika and Metabee chased after him.

"Are you all right?" Arika questioned.

"That should be my line! You're really pregnant?!" Ikki demanded.

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I was hoping the doctor would give me reason to delay being a mother." Arika sagged. "Instead he gave reason to keep the baby."

Ikki hugged her at a loss for words.

-----------------------

"You sure you got the right place and time?" Hiroshi grumbled.

"I was the one to set that," Megumi replied. "I don't know where he is or why he's late."

Hiroshi dropped to the ground. "I'm not moving until he shows up."

"Sorry about the wait," Metabee called out.

Ikki sluggishly followed behind him.

Mr. Referee appeared in an explosion of streamers and wearing only a diaper. "This will be a submission robattle."

Metabee took a pot shot at the referee with his wrist cannon. "That costume is in BAD taste."

Seeing as the attack missed by a meter, Mr. Referee choose to ignore it while going over the rules of the fight. "Medafighters ready?"

Ikki grunted while Metabee raised his fist.

Hiroshi posed. "Summon Sir Lanceabot!"

The meter and a half knight medabot appeared in all his gleaming glory.

"Isn't that a kick in the can," Metabee groused.

"Robattle!" Mr. Referee announced.

"Keep moving, get in close, don't let him use his cannons," Hiroshi whispered into his watch.

Metabee began firing, but kept missing his target. "Stand still for a second."

"That would be foolish," Sir Lanceabot retorted.

Metabee quickly found himself on the defensive as he now had to dodge the knight's lance. "Ikki, a little help here."

There was no reply as Ikki stared off into the distance.

"Ikki, we're losing here. IKKI!" Metabee screeched. He tripped over a rock and found himself on his back. The point of the lance was now in his face.

"Yield," Sir Lanceabot demanded.

"Ikki!" Metabee howled.

Ikki turned around. "You win."

"This isn't the fight I've wished for! I wanted you to kick my ass! What is this shit?!" Hiroshi howled.

"Sorry, my head is really not into this." Ikki walked away, with Metabee giving chase. "We can have a rematch later."

-----------------------
***********************

"I finally get a robattle and Ikki was completely useless," Metabee complained. "He finally knows what's wrong with Arika, but nothing has yet to be decided."

Author's Notes:

After a long delay, finally a new chapter. I'm sorry that I probably won't be doing any more scenes with Koji, Genkai or the others. I want to draw this story to a close. Depending on how things go, there will only be one or two more chapters.