Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ sorrow and guilt ❯ sorrow and guilt ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*********/////////*********Sorrow and Guilt********/////******

"Oh no...."

"Not you..."

"Why?"

"COULD YOU TELL ME WHY, SON OF THE..."

"Hikaru..."

Arcbeetle was frozen. Shocked. It wasn't a nightmare: the photo was real, the crow was real... the blood was real. Without thinking, he took the photo.

Still warm, covered of blood. Hikaru's hands touched it before...

"Before he fucking jumped! HE IS GONE! HIKARU!!!"

Arcbeetle knelt down

"Hikaru... why?"

****************************************************************** ***************

The priest was gone. Hikaru's grave was next to his parents', Karen put a bouquet on the ground. All the kids were surrounding his grave. No more secrets. Dr. Aki had a meeting with them and explained the whole Ten Days of Darkness and the Phantom Renegade thing.

-But why didn't he tell us? Ikki asked

Dr. Aki didn't look at his eyes -Hikaru didn't want you to get involved. I tried to persuade him but... well, Hikaru didn't trust completely on us...

"If he trusted on us... Hikaru wouldn't be inside that coffin" Arcbeetle thought while he was reading the grave

HIKARU "HENRY" AGATA

__2147-2156__

No one will forget what he did. He'll live into our memories for ever

"Forever. Of course I'll remember you the rest of my life. I can't stop thinking about you... my mind is a turmoil. Sorrow and guilt."
"Sorrow, because you are dead. Your inert body is inside a coffin. You'll never will laugh again. You'll never will ask me to talk again. You'll never will groan because of Dr. Aki's pudding debt again. You'll never say your fav SMX's quotes again."
"No, you'll only rest. You were... you are so young. But now..."

"Now, your body... your pale body... I can't forget what happened yesterday, at the morgue. Dr. Aki and I got to recognice you... how stupid sounds it, isn't? And there you were, only wearing underwear... pale and inert. Eugene started to cry again, I wished to be human. Medabots can't cry.

Dr. Aki grow old about 50 years in three days. Last night (I can't enter into our home, Hikaru, you left the window opened) I heard him crying all the night. As for me, I couldn't close my optics without watching you smiling, running, talking, sighing, eating, sleeping..."

"Guilt. Because if only I hurried up... maybe I'd stop you. Talk you, ask you what was wrong...

"You'd be alive... if only I'd be more "communicative"..."
"If only... If only Dr. Aki didn't forced you to be the Phantom Renegade!"

"Why? Why did you accept? Why did you wast so many years of your life?"

The Medabot looked at Dr. Aki with anger "It's all his fault... if only Dr. Aki didn't... you were alive right now... It's his fault... HIS FAULT!..."

-THIS IS ALL THANKS TO YOU, AKI!- Arcbeetle exclaimed, while pointing at the old man

Eugene face was pale, he started to cry again -I know it, Arcbeetle...

-No, I'm sorry, Dr. Aki... I didn't want to blame you. It's just that... I can't belive this is happening to me. All changed so fast

But the Medabot hadn't an answer

***************************************

"I am sorry, Hikaru... you don't have idea how much. Guilt is following me since a week... since Arcbeetle called to my office and told me... you were dead. I can't sleep or eat. I am so confused. Sometimes I look your image standing next to me, but I blink and you are gone. Those alucinations are repeating over and over again. I know they're just images from my sorrow, but every time I am wishing it's real"
"Because... I can't continue like this. Now I understand what were you feeling before your suicide. How defenseless and lonely you were while you walked towars the balcony. How stupid your life seemed to you. How empty..." Eugene grabbed the gun and aimed to his chest

"... was your soul"

***************************************

Arcbeetle was looking at Hikaru's photo when he heard the shoot. He understood.