Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Shine! Against all odds, ignite! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: Shine! Against all odds, ignite!

Things are getting even more epic! A lot of things have happened now, a lot which not even I'd planned or seen coming. But now enough of these games! The Screws have had their chance, but now it's time for all the medafighters to unite against evil, to challenge destiny, to shine and show their robattle sprit! Shine!
Shine! Against all odds, ignite!
Samantha shifted the car rim slowly, even though she knew that the shine underneath couldn't be a medal. Or could it? Suddenly everything went dark around like a shadow had fallen on her. All the cheers and laughter stopped. She looked up behind her into the sky to see what was happening. This time tears did flow, but in fear as well as grief.
It keeps happening... Samantha pulled the car rim away and grabbed for the shiny object. It was just an earring, probably left before the explosion. Dented and smashed, the only part left was the diamond in the middle. Samantha frantically swept aside car parts in her search...
Henry walked over to the Mega-Emperor he had shut down, a small pile of dust and a few pieces of scrap metal. Underneath all the ash was a smashed medal with a perfectly intact purple gem.
"I'll be taking this now," he said with a smile as he stooped over to pick up the golden medal. He brushed the dirt off of it and examined it. His smile widened as he saw the pattern on it. "I'm guessing this thing isn't any good anymore. Kinda sad when I think about how strong these medals are. At least its medalias is still good enough to use." The scene around him got darker. Henry looked up at the sky to see what was blocking out the sun. His pupils dilated with the dreadful realisation that they hadn't won, but they'd only bough time for their ultimate demise. Meta-Bee looked up as well.
"What the,"
Spyke looked up from where he was checking on Krosserdog.
"Well buddy," He started with a tremble in his voice. "We sure picked a great day to toughen up, didn't we?"
"You said it boss," Krosserdog said. "We only fought when all the tough guys appeared, and then the mother load!"
"These are the moments were you wish you stayed in bed huh? It looks like we're really finished this time."
Sloan relaxed all his muscles as he realized that he stood no chance this time. Totalizer wouldn't wake up again without repairs, even with all the self repairing nano-machines inside him. A medabot can only take so much before it's out of juice. In turn, Sloan, then Spyke, then Samantha spoke;
"Are we ready? To kiss-"
"-Our own bots"
"-Goodbye."
. . .
"Medafighter's unite!"
Those were the words last spoken while not in a battle. Rogue medabots were tossed around like they were kites before the combined might of all the strongest medafighters. A platoon of female jet medabots charged at them all, blasting missiles everywhere.
"Metabee, missile launch!" Metabee blasted two heat seeking seeker missiles at the leading jet medabot. It exploded in a cloud of dust and before it could recover, a volley of laser bullets rained down on it from Kantaroth, Arc-Dash, Blackbeetle, Brass, and Saldron. The others ignored the attacks and charged on.
"Alright girls, formation blitz!" The new leader shouted. The medabots, or Femjets, shot into the sky so they couldn't be hit, and then dived down again, firing the missiles from their wings along the way.
"Roks, intercept now!" Zuru's Roks transformed into a hovercraft form and shot up to meet the missiles. At the last moment he transformed back to normal and sliced them all in half, occasionally getting a Femjet that broke ranks. They fell from the sky like birds and were finished off by Tyrellbeetle's unmerciful hammer. Medals clinked all around them as Saldron transformed her arm into Mega-Emperor's death missile launcher. And during all of this, nobody stopped running. The target was the mother ship flying saucer, and nobody, human or medabot, would stop until they had reached that goal. The badly beaten Femjets were soon joined by a second wave of troops, every single one of them being Exors.
"Ikki, Rintarou, Erika, Kam, call back your medabots," Miss Nae warned them. " Exor is designed to hunt down KBT types and other shooting types. Your medabots are useless against them!"
"What? Uh, ok then," Metabee said unwillingly as he went to the back of the lot.
"Not me though!" Kam shouted. "Those are Kilobots fighting us. I can't let my creations cause harm any longer. I'm sorry, but I will destroy them!" Blackbeetle brought up her guns.
"This is for everything we've been through!" she screamed. She released a volley of machinegun bullets into the wave of fighters. Exors fell to the floor with broken parts but more of them just crawled over them.
"Sumilidon, Shadow Sword!"
"Windsail, Shadow Sword!" Koji's Sumilidon, or Exor jumped into the centre of the enemies and jumped sky high, spinning wildly. He landed in the middle of the crowd, sticking his claws in the ground making an earthquake that spread across the entire army. They all flew high into the sky, and where then sliced to pieces by Windsail who had appeared from nowhere with her gleaming silver sword. The Exors split up, seemingly running away, but were only creating room for the Femjets to dive in and finish their job.
"We're pinned down!" Windsail yelled.
"Don't worry, I've got your back sister," Saldron shouted, firing her bombardier part into the crowd. Aquacrown flew into the crowd and transformed her right arm into a slender pink hand. She laid her arm on Windsail's legs which were dented and badly bruised from the missiles that the Femjets fired at her. Sumilidon jumped into the sky and finished off the last of the Femjets. Just then a low drone was heard in the background. More flying medabots arrived at the scene.
"Nin-Ninja," Mr Referee started. "Use the skills of your two sword fighting style!" The ninja medabot brought out two katanas from their sheaths and charged at the random ensemble of unorganised medabots. Kantaroth re-emerged and picked them all of with his rifle. Anyone who strayed too far from the group was shot down, quickly and efficiently. Nin-Ninja ran up a building wall and hopped across rooftops until he was level with the enemies. "Nin-Ninja, prepare to do it!"
"Ninpou," the ninja said. "Tenshou Katana! (Lunar fang sword!)" Nin-ninja shined bright white and his swords began glowing blue with energy, or some strange type of technology. Nin-ninja launched himself into the sky and brought his sword down on all the flying enemies. A thin wave of air broke free of the sword and hammered itself onto the enemy, cutting parts off of them.
"Alright, let's move on!" Miss Nae shouted. They hadn't stopped running anyway but it was more of a morale boost. But before they could even move another step, a crate was dropped onto the streets from a smaller saucer. Everyone jumped back from the crate. Slowly, the lid started opening, as if scared to reveal the secrets inside. Then all at once, the crate exploded outwards, revealing an army of tank medabots, Tankars, and a dinosaur like medabots.
Robo-Emperor: Rubber-Robo gang lab
Medafighter: Invasion force
Specialty: Destruction
Signature: Gravity bang
The Tankars all spread around the field, spurred on by the roars of the Robo-Emperor, obviously the commander of the force. The Robo-Emperor opened up its mouth, revealing a red, sinister looking energy blast inside.
"Neutranurse, use the Neutra-wall!" Karen shouted. Robo-Emperor shot out the blast, hoping to eviscerate everything there. Neutranurse stepped ahead of everyone and created a pink energy shield, blocking out the attack. Electricity zapped itself out everywhere on impact, startling everyone behind the shield. As the attack cleared away, the shield went down as Neutranurse collapsed in fatigue. Karen ran towards her to check that she wasn't badly damaged.
"I've had just about enough of you," Banjo snarled. "Redrun, finish that thing off now!"
"Metabee, cover form him and take out the Tankar!"
"You to Arc-Dash."
"Tyrell Beetle, go with Redrun and execute the 'ghost destructor!'" Zuru ordered.
" The ghost destructor? Nice choice!" Tyrell Beetle yelled as him and Redrun went straight for the Robo-Emperor. The Tankars tried stopping them with the machineguns they had, but they were all knocked over instantly by Metabee and Arc-Dash's machineguns. Tyrell beetle transformed into a flat tank like form with his two massive pincers in the front. Redrun ran towards the Robo-Emperor, and smacked it hard in the face while it was charging another blast. His fist connected with the inside of its mouth, his arm exploding along with most of Robo-Emperor's head. Tyrell Beetle then drove forward into the tangle of spaghetti looking cords Robo-Emperor used as legs. He sliced at them all, chopping them off with sparks of electricity, sending Robo-Emperor to the floor. Just before it hit the ground, Tyrell beetle transformed back to normal and grabbed the tentacle like legs with his arms. In a random burst of power, he spun around with the large medabot in his hands, knocking over all the nearby Tankars with their own commander, and then tossing the medabot high into the air until it was one hundred metres up. Just to finish it up, Redrun jumped up to greet him as he fell. They crossed paths in mid-air, but Redrun didn't let the Robo-Emperor fall any longer. He grabbed its head as he went up, taking the Robo-Emperor back up with him. Once they were back up at that height, Robo-Emperor punched it in the face again, multiple times until its face was shattered beyond recognition. He then slammed it sideways into a nearby building, smashing the windows, and then hurled him down to the floor. The Robo-Emperor crashed into a parked car, crumpling the car in on itself with the weight of the medabot. Redrun landed peacefully next to the car and put his hand out. Robo-Emperor's medal ejected just then, flipping into Redrun's open hand. Redrun put it on the ground and brought his foot up, preparing to crush the medal.
"No! Don't!" Ikki's voice rang out along with Banjo's. Banjo continued speaking.
"Don't break that medal! I know I used to tell you to smash them all, but this guy might be useful!"
"Commands not recognized," Redrun growled. "Only recognised order; don't break that medal." Redrun slowly put his foot down and picked up and tossed the medal towards Banjo. Banjo caught it and stowed it into his jacket.
"Woah, that's real power!" WIndsail said astonished.
"That guy was waaaaaaaay too easy for a Weapon type," Tyrellbeetle shouted, a bit sceptical. "I kinda expected more of a boss battle seeing as he was dropped from a crate and all."
"Maybe it was defective?" Zuru said. "Or maybe they were just a distraction, to slow us down. IT worked since we've all stopped."
"Or maybe I'm just that strong!" Tyrellbeetle started up again. "I mean, come on. I'm one of the only medabots who can match a Kilobot one-on-one!"
"Don't get overconfident," Roks said. "Your medal doesn't match your medaparts, so you have to watch out for any problems while fighting. And you're not the only one who can fight Kilobots."
"Yeah, there's me, Metabee! I can still remember some of them. I rocked against them!"
"Actually, you lost more than you won," Miss Nae reminded him. Metabee sunk to the floor in disappointment.
"Well we've gotta start moving again!" Ikki shouted.
"That's right! I'm gonna Medabee-bop 'em!" Metabee screamed out.
"So what are we waiting for?" Koji yelled. "Sumilidon still hasn't got his fair share of knockouts yet, let's do this!" The crew started off again at a sprint. Rogue medabots flooded out of the alley ways, rooftops, and even sewer systems. A battalion of Totalizers all charged down the street, aiming their deadly laser beams at the group. All of them fired at once, hoping to disintegrate the medafighters all at once. Earthkrona transformed her arms into purple shields and stood defending Miss Nae. Banjo found a trash can lid and blocked the lasers with it. Koji pulled out a real katana and held the blade forward.
"Sumilidon, these guys are harming innocent people. My pride won't allow me to leave all of the fighting to medabots alone. Even though we're working together as medafighter and medabot to defend everyone, I still won't allow it!" Koji jumped over a laser beam and seemed to teleport away. Sumilidon jumped up and disappeared as well.
"Shadow Sword!" The pair screamed, reappearing in behind the group of medabots, slashing them to bits. Before even half of them were gone though, a mob of sea medabots rose up from the manholes, all of them green toad like medabots. They all fired missiles at the pair at once. The two exploded in a cloud of smoke before the Femjets shot down and blasted them with more missiles.
"Koji!" Ikki screamed. The dust cleared slowly and revealed the two of them missing. Koji and Sumilidon materialised in front of the medafighters. Miss Nae walked over to him slowly and gently grabbed his shoulders.
"Koji, that was reckless. I know you want to help, but this is too dangerous for you to fight out on your own. You can't attack them head on. Just think of the tactics and Sumilidon will handle it. Or better yet, use your head and find a weakness." This was really the first time that Koji had seen Miss Nae except for when everyone gathered the first time.
"Uh... but I was just trying to help..."
"I know, but if you got injured, how would Sumilidon continue to robattle? We need the both of you together, robattling as one mind. We can't win if you're split in half."
"Ok, I get it. Sorry."
"If you don't mind," Erika cut in suddenly. "Could you please help us out now? Like, right now!" Brass was blasting at all the medabots popping out of the sewers and Metabee was firing seeker missiles down the manhole, hopping to spark off some leaky gas and blast them out. Neutranurse was healing Sumilidon who got scratched up from the explosions and Kantaroth and Blackbeetle were fighting back to back in the centre of it all.
"Kantaroth, seeker missiles to the flying types!" Kantaroth shot out two missiles, sending them flying towards the Femjets and other medabots. At least fifteen of them blew up at once, the clinking of medals drowning out all other sounds, but they were instantly replaced by more medabots.
"Ok Sumilidon, Shadow Sword!" Sumilidon jumped into the sky and cut down more of them, slicing parts off of them.
"Arc-Dash, charge up your penetration beam!" Arc-Dash's horns started sparking up violently, electricity arcing between the two horns as they heated up.
"Here's a little something from the original Arcbeetle. Behold! The power of the midnight sun, the pillar of fire! It's... the Prominence!" Arc-Dash fired a purple energy beam from in-between his horns, the blast practically eating the ground as it made its way towards the Totalizers. The whole squad exploded in a puff of smoke, sparks flying everywhere from the centre. The dust cleared, revealing burnt medabots with their medals ejected.
"Alright, we did it!" Arc-Dash yelled triumphant. The ground shook slightly. Looked to where the vibration was strongest, and instantly froze in fear. A sea of purple dinosaur looking medabots marched/slithered across the road towards everyone.
"No way, an army of them?" Tyrellbeetle shouted incredulous before a mob of air medabots attacked him.
"Komandog, use your laser canons!" Tak said. Komandog aimed his canons at the flying medabot and shot them all off of Tyrellbeetle with precision aim. Tyrellbeetle limped over to Aquacrown and Neutranurse for healing while Roks took his place on the attack. The Robo-Emperor tide grew ever closer, and ever more present.
"What will we do about those Robo-Emperor's?" Mr Referee asked, not sure whether they could escape them.
"There's nothing to do," Kam said. "Just fight!"
"Dude, this is too much for me and Kantaroth!" Rintarou screamed. "What'll we do?" Ikki looked at all the medabots. They all looked way too damaged to fight normally against the Robo-Emperors. They had to reach the mothership in one piece. Unless...
"Guys, somebody with Action has to distract the Robo-Emperors! One guy isn't enough, they'll know we're up to something. So Metabee, Roks, Exor, Arc-Dash, and Tyrellbeetle have to go with us. You guys make it to the main saucer!"
"Ikki, what are you talking about?" Erika screamed. "Go on your own? We need everybody to fight! Not just a few guys!"
"We'll be back, we won't take long."
"Of course you won't... because you'll be dead!"
"Erika, we'll be fine," Koji said. "After all, I'll be protecting them!"
"I don't trust you either!"
Zuru walked over to Erika and looked her in the eye, silent determination painted on his face.
"Erika, don't worry. We will make it back alright. That's a promise!"
"But, Zuru..."
"They haven't seen you guys yet. Go through the alley way and meet up with us at the 24 hour hop mart. We'll find a way to lose these guys. Go!" Erika hovered on the spot for a second before Miss Nae tugged at her arm to go. Ginkai joined the group who were leaving.
"Don't worry guys; I've got your backs! Buuut, in case you guys lose and I survive, can I have your medaparts?"
The medabots all transformed into some kind of four wheeled vehicle and the kids all rode on top of them as they charged into the sea of medabots. The rest of the group ran through the alley way.
. . .
"Drive faster Metabee!" Ikki screamed.
"I'm trying I'm trying!" Metabee shouted back. The group shot past dusty streets and empty shops, trying to escape the Robo-Emperors.
"Who's idea was it to blow up five Robo-Emperors?" Ginkai asked as he skateboarded Arc-Dash.
"And how come none of us noticed how these ones have wings and can fly?" Arc-Dash gasped, running low on power.
"And did anyone notice that they had female tin-pets?" Tyrellbeetle said. Everyone turned to him, as if asking how that was important. "What? It just means that they're all girls, modified obviously."
"He means that because of this, they have different strengths and weaknesses, like flight over power." Roks added helpfully. "They are nothing like the one we met earlier."
"So, they're not only tough and fast, but we know nothing about them?" Metabee asked. "But if they're faster than before then they've got to have less power, right?"
"Wrong," Ikki corrected. "Did you see what they did back there? They practically destroyed an entire city block with just one blast!"
"So what is its weakness?"
"I don't know!
"So how do we win?"
"WE DON'T! WE SURVIVE!"
"WHAT?"
A barrage of missiles attacked them, almost sending Roks, who was unmanned, off track. They picked up the pace in desperation.
"Master, they're gaining on us," Roks said, panic entering his usually calm voice. The strong demeanour he had been known for was rapidly disappearing.
"Just don't stop and we'll be fine," Zuru said.
"Try tell that to them!" Sumilidon pointed out. A barrage of napalm bombs assailed them from up above, nearly blasting them off track. They sped through a tunnel, barely avoiding a sweeping laser beam.
"Hey guys, how are we gonna lose them?" Ikki asked.
"We could turn around," Zuru answered. "They'll be expecting us at the other side, not back where we came from."
"Alright, then let's go!" Koji yelled. All of them U-turned and went back where they came from to the light at the start of the tunnel. They emerged from the tunnel, just to see more Robo-Emperors.
"It looks like they left half of their patrol here," Arc-Dash said weakly just before they all roared at them. Everyone screamed in terror and drove back into the tunnel. After about five seconds they drove back out again, followed by more Robo-Emperors. The two squadrons trapped them outside the tunnel and circled them like bats.
"I can't believe it!" Ginkai cried out. "We're just gonna die as food to cannibalistic Robo-Emperors!"
"I don't think they're gonna eat us," Zuru added, despite the tremble in his voice.
"So? They'll still kill us and that's bad!" One of the Robo-Emperor's climbed higher into the sky and let loose a terrifying, earth shattering scream before diving down to attack along with the rest of them.
"Well, I guess we have to fight them off!" Metabee screamed. "Eat my demolition canon!" Metabee's tank parts transported onto him and he aimed his massive hulking frame at the leader, already knowing it wouldn't be enough to win.
"Brass, blast him!"
A volley of machinegun bullets hammered themselves into the lead Mega-Emperor's cord like legs. Multiple wires split and cut and the beast fell from the skies as a burning wreck.
20% damage to leg medaparts. Not very effective.
Everybody's heads turned towards the source of the attack. Before they could even notice who it was, a large red X sped over to the downed Robo-Emperor and wrapped itself around her arm.
Arm medapart deactivated. Unable to use missiles.
"Hey, Ikki! I told you that if you leave me behind I'd beat you to a bloody pulp!"
"Erika!" Ikki said.
"Oi Tin-can, I told Miss Nae I'd save your sorry butt so don't run off and get it killed without me!"
"Windstorm?" Metabee shrieked.
"That's Windsail when in these parts. I'm here to win it!" Everyone looked at the people coming. Flying in the sky was Windsail, with her arms spread wide like a plane's wings with Erika sitting on top. Underneath them on the ground was Komandog blasting lasers everywhere with Brass holding on to his shoulders.
"Is everyone alright?" Brass asked sounding concerned. "We had to sneak out of the group just to get here because Miss Nae wouldn't let us go."
"Where is everybody, is Karin alright?" Koji asked almost aggressively.
"Don't worry," Komandog growled. "Karin is with everyone else. They're all hiding inside a restaurant." Everyone exhaled visibly, relieved to know that everyone was safe.
"But more importantly is this,," Erika started. "Robo-Emperors!" The other dinos all charged at Komandog and Brass who had gotten off him.
"Sumilidon, Shadow Sword!"
"Metabee, Demolition blast!" Metabee let loose a massive canon, destroying over half of the enemy medabots in one shot. The rest were quickly finished off by Sumilidon and Windstorm... Or so they thought.
All of the Robo-Emperors got up like the living dead, eyes flashing red in rage.
"Oh-oh..." Metabee got shot back from a destructive mouth blast, flying into the bridge and disappearing inside. Everyone screamed in absolute terror again and scattered in different directions, taking a number Of Robo-Emperors with them.
"Metabee, where are you?"
"Ikki! I'm over here!" Metabee limped through the tunnel to where Ikki was. He nearly collapsed onto Ikki, just barely being caught.
"Don't worry Metabee, you're gonna be fine. Everyone's scattered though and they're getting chased down by the Robo-Emperors. We're lucky, none are following us."
"Don't jinx me Ikki, let's go before they find us..." A small crack split across the roof. The crack rapidly widened and Ikki, seeing the danger, grabbed Metabee and ran. The crack split, letting the road above the tunnel fall in, shaking up everything inside like an earthquake. An army of Robo-Emperor upgrades fell through roaring along with a Mega-Emperor with a Red flag tied to his back. Obviously this was the commanding force.
"Holy Medarolli!"
"You see Ikki? You're a jinx!"
"Run!" Metabee transformed into action mode and Ikki hopped on top, just narrowly missing an array of weapons. The impact of the hit launched the pair forward on a clump of rising earth as they flipped forward deeper into the damaged tunnel.
Is this really that hopeless? Ikki thought to himself as he almost passed out, buried under what felt like a ton of bricks. He blankly watched the approaching medabots. Are we really destined to lose before we've even made it to the Mothership? No way. I refuse. I... REFUUUUUUSE!
People! We're getting ever closer to the conclusion of this arc! Things are really getting serious! You've gotta fight for your right to robattle!