Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Medafighters Forever! Spirit! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8: Medafighters Forever! Spirit!

Hey people! And we're coming to the epic conclusion of the invasion arc and mystery medafighters! But as for the whole story and the challenges yet to come... they're only just beginning!
Chapter 8: Medafighters forever! Show us your spirit!
"Of all the people to appear at a time like this, you two! And such a weird mix!" Two lone shadows stood in the streets, the sunset to their backs, showing up like the Heroes of the story.
"Well, we are the ones saving you guys," One of them answered, seeing the mob of medabots chasing them.
"We can save ourselves," Banjo rudely answered. "I told you, I don't lose, not to rouge medabots, not to Ikki, and definitely not to you!"
"Redrun seems to be thinking otherwise," The newcomer answered back, looking at the tattered Redrun. He wasn't beaten down enough to stop moving, but he wouldn't take too much more damage. His fists seemed like they were cracked and another punch would completely wreck them. His eyes still seemed to be searching for blood though. He kept looking in the direction of the largest flying saucer, as if he still wanted to fight it.
"Redrun, are you ok?" Banjo asked.
"Worthy opponent," He replied, staring intently at the enemies behind him.
"I see he's still got energy," the same stranger answered. The other one who was quiet just stared at Redrun, his jaw dropped to the floor in awe.
"Dude... That is so awesome!" He yelled! "Dude, it's a Redrun, A.K.A, the revenge blossom, Blossomail! The strongest of all DVL types! It's punches make Belzelga's look like a joke and it can overturn cars with its pinkie finger! That guy's so totally cool! It's number one! Even Ikki runs away from him!"
"Hey, watch it," Ikki snarled.
"Well it's true, right Ikki?"
"You're here to help us, right? Get helping!" The stranger ignored him and kept talking.
"I bet only Hikaru Agata could beat it one-on-one!"
"Shut up! You two, get ready!"
"Right," both newcomers shouted. Windstorm spoke up from Ikki's medawatch in a croaky, drained voice.
"Sorry, who are you guys?" The first one smiled while the second one's jaw dropped.
"You mean you don't know who I am? And Ikki, you got a new medabot?"
"Yeah, Miss Nae let me borrow her until Metabee gets his memories back."
"Metabee lost his memories?"
"Not all of them," Metabee cut in. "Just most of them. Like who you two are.
"Then we should re-introduce ourselves," The first kid said. "My name, is Kam Kamizake."
"And I'm Rintarou! And your Redrun is so awesome dude!" The second hyperactive kid yelled.
"Kamizake? As in the Kamizake?" Windstorm spoke up, voice rising. "The son of the multi-billionaire, the designer of over three quarters of all the kilobots?" Kam looked down.
"Yeah... I bet you wouldn't trust the creator of so many kilobots, being a medabot and all..."
"Of course I wouldn't trust you! Why should I?" Windstorm shrieked, as if she hadn't almost died.
"Yo, just calm down," Metabee said calmly.
"Shut up tin-can, you don't understand!" Windstorm bit back. "You could never understand! You can barely even remember your own name and you think you're superior to me?"
"Windstorm, you're taking it too far," Ikki cut in. She ignored him completely.
"You could never understand the true feeling of hardship, suffering, even friendship. You have no idea of what those stupid pieces of scrap metal have put me through!" Kam tried speaking again.
"I'm sorry for whatever they've done..."
"Shut up! I'm speaking, maggot! And you can't..." Windstorm suddenly went dead as Ikki pulled her medal out of his medawatch.
"Hey, what gives?" Metabee yelled.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't stop someone from speaking out how they feel, but this isn't the place for her to wig out. I'll listen to her story later, but right now we need to save the city. And besides, she can't keep yelling like that in her condition. She might just use up the last of her energy. I can't let her get hurt when Miss Nae trusted her with me." Kam nodded his head and Rintarou kept staring at the medal until it was thrust inside Ikki's pocket.
"Whoa, that medabot's got energy! It's almost scary!"
"Right, are we ready to go?" Ikki asked.
"Right," Kam said with a quick nod.
"Alright let's do this!" Rintarou yelled. Both of them shouted out into their medawatches at the same time;
"Transport, medabots!" Two globes of light flashed on front of them, materialising into two KBT type medabots. Kam's was a black medabot like Metabee with yellow eyes. His eyes shined yellow and its head was protected and shaped similar to a girls hair.
Blackbeetle: Extreme Tech
Medafighter: Kam
Specialty: Superior strength
Signature: Sniper skills
Rintarou's medabot was almost exactly like Henry's Metal Beetle, but bulkier and without the two yellow dots on the shoulder extensions.
Kantaroth: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Rintarou
Specialty: Rifle tactics
Signature: Seeker missiles
"You're not leaving me behind, are ya?" Everyone's heads turned towards the ally were a large boy in a red jacket walked out of. Next to him was a red beetle medabot with two massive beetle horns sticking out of his head and chest. Each arm had three gun barrels for pointing forward and sideways.
"Ginkai!" Ikki screamed.
"You said it," the medabot said. "The real army has just arrived!"
Arcbeetle dash (Arc-Dash): Medabot corporation
Medafighter: Ginkai
Specialty: Penetration beam
Signature: Teams with Tyrellbeetle
"Don't forget about me and Roks!" A thin boy with glasses and dark green hair walked down the street next to two KWG type medabots. Data clicked about them as well.
Roks: Medabot Corporation
Medafigher: Zuru
Specialty: Demolition mode
Signature: Advanced Medaforce
. . .
Tyrellbeetle: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Zuru
Specialty: Extreme power
Signature: Teams with Arcbeetle
"Well if it isn't the mystery medafighter," Banjo said. "You no longer have your cape and hat anymore?"
"I don't need them. They were a mask I hid behind. But I've learnt a lot in the past year. I've figured out that I can only overcome obstacles if my medabot believes in me, not the mystery medafighter. And also if I believe in myself."
"Or, it got out of fashion," Metabee snickered.
"If you think you can ignore me and Sumilidon, then think again!" a yellow medabot suddenly appeared in the middle of the crowd of people. Everyone fell backwards in shock except for Redrun. Koji walked calmly in to his Exor, or Sumilidon.
Exor (Sumilidon): Extreme Tech
Medafigher: Koji
Specialty: High speed attacks
Signature: Extreme Shadow sword
"Koji!" Ikki yelled.
"That's right, and with my arrival, I'm almost certain that we cannot be beaten!"
"Koji, wait up!" A girls wearing a pink blouse and white skirt came after Koji before tripping on a small stone. Her medabot caught her just before she hit the ground. "Thanks Neutranurse," She said.
"Please be careful Karen," The nurse type medabot said. It was white and pink, looking almost exactly like a small nurse but with what looked like large pills on her arms.
Neutranurse: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Karen
Specialty: Healing
Signature: Neutra wall
"Karen!" Both Ikki and Rintarou exclaimed.
"Oh, hi Ikki, hi Rintarou. It looks like we're all in trouble. My house was the only spot that isn't in danger because of its security, but Koji said he would look for you guys and I got worried for him."
"So she came after me," Koji finished off. "Even after I told her it wasn't safe.
"You need a responsible adult with you," Miss Nae said as she arrived at the scene. "Transport, Saldron, Aquacrown, EarthKrona!" Three flashes of lightning, and then all three of them arrived.
Saldron: Nae's Workshop
Medafighter: Miss Nae
Specialty: Transform
Signature: Brave Attack
. . .
Aquacrown: Nae's workshop
Medafighter: Miss Nae
Specialty: Transform
Signature: Support
. . .
Earthkrona: Nae's workshop
Medafighter: Miss Nae
Specialty: Transform
Signature: Unbreakable gaurd
Earthkrona was a green armoured medabot with large tank legs and glowing blue eyes.
"Guys, wait for me and Komandog!" A short brown haired boy and a dog medabot were seen running towards the group. The boy, Tak, stopped before Miss Nae and Ikki. "Sorry guys, I was caught up going against a group of teenagers. They were threatening to take all our medals and I tried stopping them. I lost, badly. The Screws had to fight them, but know there are Mega-Emperors attacking them! I got scared, and me and Komandog ran away. But I don't wanna run away any more! I want to fight like you guys too! We don't want to run away and let us lose any longer... We're not gonna lose!"
Komandog: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Tak
Specialty: Beam canons
Signature: Hound out
"If you think you can leave me out of this picture then forget it!" Everyone turned to see who was making so much noise now. "An export reporter like me has to be where all the action is! I've seen Select Corps take on massive armies, and police defend civilians, but nobody has been even close to beating these guys! This might just be the only team in the whole of Japan that can fight these guys and I refuse to be left out!" Erika and Brass stepped towards Ikki.
"And if you tell me to go home, I'll beat you to a bloody pulp myself!" Erika's medabot, Brass, looked like an innocent schoolgirl, or a sailor and was coloured navy blue and red. The guns on her arms however, were anything but friendly.
Sailor-Multi (Brass): Medabot Corporation
Medafigter: Erika
Specialty: Scout out
Signature: Machine pistols
"Erika... Everyone, why are you all helping me? The Select Corps can handle this, you don't have to fight with me. You can go somewhere safe and hide. Why are you helping?"
"Oh come on, isn't it obvious you dummy?" Erika yelled. "Apart from 'because it'll make a good cover story', somebody nearly destroyed your Metabee and I've got a good hunch that this same kid's behind all of this too! Attacking our home is one thing, but attacking our friends, that's miles too far!"
"We can't let creeps like that leave knowing that they nearly destroyed us and there wasn't a thing we could do," Koji pointed out.
"If he escaped, or if we didn't fight ourselves, we'd be a disgrace to all medafighters everywhere," Zuru said quietly.
"It's about time we remind everyone that we're the heroes of this story!" Ginkai yelled.
"Those guys are using all types of medabots, even Kilobots," Kam said. "I can't let anyone use Kilobots for harm ever again! Blackbeetle taught me a lesson about bullying and they're bullying us. I won't allow it!"
"We're in this one together, know what I'm saying?" Kantaroth spoke up.
"Guys..." Ikki looked at the squad of people assembled.
This is insane! I've never seen us all gathered like this before. Every single one of us is willing to sacrifice an arm and both legs to protect each other. This is real robattle spirit. I can see the ground shaking under the weight of all our combined spirits! It looks like this is the final stand.
Ikki...
Ikki looked around thinking he heard a voice. "Ikki, it's me, Windstorm. Don't ask me how I'm talking to you, I'm not sure myself, but I need you to get a second copy of my old medaparts and activate me. I won't kill Kam, I can feel all of your spirits right now, and I know that he's a good person. I have to join the fight too!
"Already taken care of," Miss Nae said, taking a copy of Windstorm's old parts out and placing her medal inside.
Windsail: Nae's Workshop
Medafighter: Ikki
Specialty: Transform
Signature: Shadow Sword
"I don't have a copy of your old right arm, but I've got a sword from the medabot Whitesword. You like transforming your arm into it so it's fine."
"Thanks guys. I can't believe that you'd all help me," Ikki said.
"Don't think it's all about you. We'd help if it was any of us," Koji said.
"And this guy's destroying town," Banjo continued. "I don't like you much, but I'll protect this town to the end! I can never lose this city to these creeps!"
"Then it's agreed!" The ground cracked and shook in what felt like an earthquake. Mr Referee dug out of the ground, spinning rapidly with a drill shaped helmet. "I officially declare this a submission war battle! I shall act as referee... and as a participant!"
"What?"
"I can also fight! These guys are breaking the rules. Everyone who breaks the rules is subject to the penalty box. Transport, nin-ninja!" A blue flash, followed by a medabot with what looked like a small satellite for legs. It held in its hand a sword and a poison dart. The satellite legs transported away, probably back to space, and a pair of ninja legs appeared in their place. The blue ninja medabot was ready.
Nin-ninja: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Mr Referee
Specialty: Stealth
Signature: Nitouryou
"Well then, shall we begin reclaiming the city?" Kam asked.
"Yeah, let's do this!" Koji yelled.
"Good luck everyone," Karen encouraged.
"Dude rock 'em!" Rintarou exclaimed.
"Biggest news story ever!" Erika shrieked.
"Be careful everyone," Miss Nae said worried.
"Medafighter's ready?" Mr Referee shouted.
"Me and Arc-dash can take them," Ginkai growled.
"Roks, Tyrell-Beetle, get ready," Zuru said preparing.
"I won't run away again!" Tak shouted.
"This is it, no more backing down," Ikki said.
"I rock!" Metabee yelled.
"Don't die, tin-can," Windstorm said.
"We can't lose," Blackbeetle said.
"Alright, now this is a robattle," Arc-Dash finished. Together they all walked down the street to the main saucer, for the final showdown with the big boss inside. Together they all screamed;
"Medafighters unite! Medafighters forever!"
. . .
"Boss, what do we do now?" The three Mega-Emperors had practically destroyed everything surrounding the 24 hour Hop mart, and nobody's medabots were in any condition to fight. Peppercat was still twitching in the remains of a building, still in shock. Totalizer had no weapons left to fight with, and even Metal-Beetle was done for.
"Peppercat, get up! We're retreating!" Peppercat crawled out of the wreckage, but was instantly blasted with all the missiles of Mega-Emperor at once. Samantha didn't even want to listen to the damage done on her medawatch. Henry was still controlling his Metal-Beetle with the skills of a master, but it wasn't enough.
"Meta-bee, rifle shot between his shoulders! We have to get rid of his guns now and this is the only way to do it!" Meta-bee aimed carefully and shot Mega-Emperor 1 between his shoulder blades, but to no effect.
1% damage done. Not very effective.
"Oh come on! How tough is this thing?"
"That's it, I can't take it anymore!" An unknown voice screamed. "Sanjuuro, quickflash slash!" Bright white light filled the air. The next moment, Sanjuuro was holding his sword on top of Mega-Emperor 2's shoulder, but it had only sunk in 2 inches, pathetic when you're up against Mega-Emperor. Sanjuuro flipped backwards and landed next to Zoro who had revealed himself.
"For crying out loud..." Zoro's two reluctant teammates stepped out from inside the store. Their boss marched towards Zoro.
"Of all the moves to make, you jump out from cover and expose us all too the Mega-Emperor's! Our orders clearly stated, do not get seen by Mega-Emperor! It's common sense!"
"Our orders also never said we should kill anyone, and that thing just might!" Zoro shot back.
"Hey, you've got to think before you do these things," Their massive partner said. "We could have called the Select Corps if we really wanted to save them."
"And what would they do to protect this place when they can't even get here through the mob of medabots? By the time they would arrive, it would be too late!"
"Does it matter?" Gun-Nose spoke up as he skidded next to Sanjuuro. "We're already here so we might as well fight!"
"Ah whatever," Chidori shrugged her shoulders. "We'll be quick about it. Redlace, E.M.P them!" Redlace brought her arms up and shot two grenades at the three Mega-Emperors. It exploded in a flash. All the Mega-Emperors not realising the danger they were in, fired their lasers. The massive guns exploded, blinding anyone who stared at them as the guns shot off of the arms. The missiles kept flying though, and they smashed straight into Redlace.
100% head damage to Redlace. Functions ceased.
"What? I barely even robattled!"
"Of course not with those skills!" Henry screamed at her. "You're way too over-confident, even after I already blew you to bits! Your Redlace doesn't have any defence to begin with but you thought with such an awesome team you wouldn't lose. Redlace is the only medabot who can damage Mega-Emperor and you let her down. Think carefully next time!" Her face turned red in anger.
"Take that all back you super nerd! I could beat you any day!"
"So why haven't you yet," Henry stated, sounding almost exactly like Space Medafighter X. It didn't sound like a question, but more like a challenge. She hesitated, and then huffed.
"I don't need to fight wimps like you!"
Mega-Emperor 3 aimed what was left of his lasers at the group.
"Gun-Nose, gun-Gatling barrage!" Gun-Nose lifted up his chain machine gun and hammered a rain of bullets into Mega-Emperor's laser canon. Flecks of armour chipped off of him, but it wasn't enough to stop the crazy looking beam that shot out of him. Even anyone not hit could feel the gale force winds streaming past them.
"Totalizer!" Totalizer stood before the laser beam as his v-shaped visor lit up. The laser beam from Totalizer collided into Mega-Emperor's sending a giant shockwave through the air. The point of collision exploded in a green and blue wave, sending everyone flying metres back on the floor. Samantha got up first.
"Now's your chance Peppercat, lightning blow!" Peppercat launched herself off the floor and launched towards Mega-Emperor 3. The other two Mega-Emperor's kept firing at her from where they were, but she leaped over them all like a wildcat, never once hesitating. She brought her paw back and shoved it into Mega-Emperor's face. The electricity coursed through his whole body.
15% damage. Paralyzed.
"What? It barely did anything!" Samantha screamed. Gun-Nose and Sanjuuro ran towards Mega-Emperor 2, guns blazing and weapons brandished. They jumped skywards. Gun-Nose shot out two seeker missiles, which were easily sliced in half by the lasers on Mega-Emperor's head. Sanjuuro brought his fist down on Mega-Emperor 2's shoulder, the same one he cracked. The crack grew wider still. Gun-Nose finished the job with a rifle in the crack.
50% damage to left arm.
"Yeah, that's how we role!" Ken yelled. Zoro let out a tiny half smile.
"It's not over yet," Chidori said. "All three Mega-Emperor's seem angry!" All of their eyes flashed red instead if the usual blue.
"Assuming attack positions," they all said at once. "Activating Death-break attack!"
"No!" Sloan cried out. "You can't stop Mega-Emperor's Death-Break! It doubles, or even triples your weight! It messes up your medabot's gravity and can implode your parts! Only his Death-Lasers are stronger, but none are more effective at immobilizing opponents!" All three Mega-Emperor's charged up their head antennas. Lightning arced and crackled between all three medabots as they prepared to fire. Samantha shut her eyes, preparing for the worst. Sloan pale like ghost. Three massive electric balls crackled in front of them. Henry smiled slightly.
"Well Meta-Bee, it's been a ride alright. But it looks like we're all toast."
"Don't say that Henry," Meta-Bee replied. "We're not done yet. I can still fight!"
"Stubborn aren't you? Alright then, are you ready to try it? Bring on, the me-"
"Krosserdog, now!" A massive bazooka blast went flying over everyone's heads and into the heart of the centre energy ball. The ball of lightning crackled and fizzed and eventually sparked out, blasting Mega-Emperor2 one hundred metres back. Everyone turned to the source of the blast. Spyke and Krosserdog stood, Krosserdog's battle rifle aimed at the Mega-Emperors. Krosserdog's left arm was a huge orange hammer fist. Details flashed on medawatches.
Krosserdog: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Spyke
Specialty: Battle Sniping
Signature: Decoy Crab
"Boss! We're here to save you!" Spyke yelled. "Sorry for running off earlier. Me and Krosserdog just made a little tactical retreat." Samantha stared at Spyke long and hard and pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Chidori flared up.
"First of all, HOW CAN A WUSS LIKE YOU HELP ANYONE? GET OUTTA HERE NOW! Second, Your grammar is almost as bad as your face. Me and Krosserdog? Don't you mean Krosserdog and I?"
"Shut up!" Spyke shot back. "Don't you get how annoying you are? Nobody cares about your stupid grammar, nobody cares about whether you're the boss or not, nobody cares about anything you think here! If you want a bunch of goons to pamper you, or fear you, go back to your mamas house. You're not ready to be a real medafighter and you never will be with your attitude!" Chidori went brighter than a Tomato.
"Now hold on, my teammates respect me, and they can beat you! You can't say anything!"
"Please, your partners probably only let you be the boss 'cause they just don't care to oppose you. They're medafighters, not you."
"But my gang is..."
"Your gang aint you! They aren't a measure of your strength! Thirty minutes ago, I was living proof of that. But now I think I can take on anyone!" Chidori's mouth opened to protest, but found she couldn't say anything back and looked down shamefaced. Samantha would have stabbed herself to check she really was awake.
Is this... Spyke? The same Spyke of the Screws gang? He's completely different! He's gotten serious now. It's not like he wasn't serious before, he just wasn't any good, but now... not even Space Medafighter X could match up to this level of power. He knocked a Mega-Emperor over with one shot, and from his rifle! What happened to him?
"Initiating Death-Break!" The other two Mega-Emperor's shot out the energy balls they had along with a massive laser beam.
"Krosserdog, use the Decoy Crab!" Krosserdog moved forward on his fists like an ape and jumped towards the energy balls. He swung his huge fist towards the electricity balls heading towards him and smashed them in the centre, bending them inwards as they came to a standstill. They hung there for two seconds before blasting off back towards the two Mega-Emperors. They smashed into both of them, peeling off massive chunks of metal along the way.
Warning. 100% damage to right arms on Mega-Emperor's 1 and 2. 75% damage to legs and left arm. 30% damage to head.
The impact from the blasts was too much for them. They skidded backwards on the floor and shot up to the sky like rockets, trailing a blazing stream of fire. Once they were two hundred feet up, they sunk to the ground again, barely having five seconds for the whole journey with their weight increased. They smashed into the ground, and kept falling through, making a crater in the floor.
Critical. 100% damage to all medaparts on Mega-Emperor 2. Functions ceased.
Everyone just kept staring at the crater were both Mega-Emperors were lying in. Spyke smiled.
"You know, his medal ejected while he was still in the sky." Everyone looked up and sure enough, a small golden object was falling at a slow steady pace. It landed in Krosserdog's only free hand.
"Way too easy boss," He said turning around to greet him.
"Rooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!" A barrage of missiles shot through the air and straight into Krosserdog's back. Dust clouds burst up into the sky along with Krosserdog's scrams of terror.
Legs 100% damage. Functions ceased. Left arm 75% damage.
"Krosserdog!" Spyke screamed. The third Mega-Emperor had returned. His lasers were glowing red, preparing to deliver the final blow to the broken down hound.
"Peppercat, Lightning jump!"
"Gun-Nose, back her up!"
"Sanjuuro, grab Krosserdog and flash out of there!" Sanjuuro teleported to Krosserdog's aid and picked up his shattered frame. Peppercat distracted the Mega-Emperor, getting the lasers aimed at her while Gun-Nose aimed at him.
"Gun-Nose, use the Gun-Gatling barrage!" Gun-Nose's chain machinegun began whirring loudly as it spun around, preparing to embed the foe with a volley of bullets. Blue tracer bullets blasted out of Gun-Nose's vibrating arm. Massive chunks of metal were ripped off of hi as Mega-Emperor's armour shattered, having by now taken all it could.
All Medaparts between 70% and 75% damage. Defensive armour cracked.
Mega-Emperor 1 got up from the crater in the ground and made a roaring noise. Mega-Emperor3 joined with him, standing together aiming lasers at Gun-Nose. Peppercat jumped onto its head and sent more electricity through Mega-Emperor3 while Meta-Bee ran straight up to Mega-Emperor1, ignoring the lasers that were shredding him, and smashed his left fist into its face. As soon as they connected, machinegun bullets sprayed into its head from close range.
"Krosserdog, now!" Spyke cried out. A single sniper bullet tore through the air, piercing through Mega-Emperor3's back, dead on into where its heart would be. Electricity crackled all along his torso and head as functions malfunctioned.
Critical. Head medapart malfunctioning. 78% damage.
"Yeah! Krosserdog is a master when it comes to sniping down enemies!" Spyke cheered. "In the middle of a battle, he doesn't have time to aim and his medal doesn't give him the natural talent needed to fight with guns. But when he's in a calm, closed environment, he never misses a single shot! That makes him the perfect sniper! You don't know where you're getting hit from, where he's hiding, or even how does it! I don't even know! But once he disappears, nobody can find him again!" The Mega-Emperor flailed around uncontrollably as an all important cord was snapped clean in half. A hole could be seen through his armour if you could get close enough to look.
In a blind rage, The rogue Mega-Emperor let lose all of its weapons at once in random directions, obliterating everything around it. A stray missile somehow managed to fly back to its own shoulder. Peppercat was unfortunate enough to still be on it. The missile smashed into her instead of the monster, blasting her off its shoulder and into a parked truck. The whole truck exploded in a blazing inferno, of which Peppercat was in the heart of.
100% damage to all parts. Functions ceased.
"Peppercaaaaaat!" Samantha screamed in agony, as if she was the one being blown to bits. Henry looked away from the inferno, knowing that Peppercat's body was done for. Who knew whether the medal would survive. The Mega-Emperor obviously didn't care as everything around it blew to pieces. Meta-Bee's right arm got blasted to pieces from a laser as the part went dark from shutting down. Another missile impacted and Meta-Bee was blown back to Henry, all parts except his head greyed over and shutdown.
"Sanjuuro, escape before..." A massive explosion, followed by the soft clink of a medal hitting pavement silenced Zoro.
"Ah no, this is stupid," Kenneth yelled. "I'm booking outta here before..." Gun-Nose went flying back to his feet in tatters.
"Yo w'sup big Ken?" Gun-Nose said weakly. "I don't look too good huh? My bad... for being too weak..." His eyes switched off an the panel on his back nearly popped out with all parts at 99% damage.
"Totalizer, please, wake up!" Sloan screamed at his medabot, seeing the danger they were in when Kenneth himself nearly got hit by a missile, falling backwards over with scratches and a bleeding shoulder. Amazingly, Totalizer's eyes flashed back on, almost like he was back from the dead.
"I won't lose again Sloan, I won't let you down" Totalizer said, barely above a whisper. From out of the blue, his voice raised dramatically in volume. "I won't lose again!"Totalizer's eyes flashed bright green. "Eat my Tyranno laser!" Totalizer's visor flashed bright green as he aimed at the insane medabot. He released a laser blast at least three times the size of his whole body from his face alone, tearing the ground apart in the process. What was left of the tarmac disintegrated underneath the blast, smashing into pieces as the beam canon made its way towards the enemy. The Mega-Emperor completely disappeared beneath the attack, most likely torn to pieces as the blast kept going straight through him. The attack smashed bits of earth and then took off like a plane into the clouds above, disappearing like a star. About three seconds later, an explosion was visible in the clouds as the laser used the last of its strength in a glorious, last stand firework display. After the spray was over, everyone looked back at the spot where Mega-Emperor was. Nothing was left. A small pile of dust. The medal didn't exist. Just the green gem. The medalias. Nobody could believe that came from Totalizer. They checked the data to make sure.
Totalizer system overload. Functions ceased.
Mega-Emperor taken unknown amounts of damage. Medaparts unavailable to take data from. Error. No Mega-Emperor3 data available. Functions assumed ceased.
"Just one more guy left..." Henry snarled. Mega-Emperor1, the leader, was still running rampant.
"Krosserdog, get him!" Krosserdog exploded from under a manhole and shot through its head with the one second he had. The bullet bounced off harmlessly. He ran towards Mega-Emperor and brought his fist back, preparing to smash him to pieces. The Mega-Emperor aimed his lasers at Krosserdog and without remorse, blasted the three laser beams through Krosserdog's arm, legs and head. Krosserdog fell backwards, somersaulting through the air before landing on his feet, tottering a few steps, and then finally rumpling to the floor. Mega-Emperor continuously blasted the destroyed body with his lasers and missiles.
100% damage. Functions ceased.
"Don't worry Spyke, I've got your back." Henry said. "Meta-Bee, this is our only chance, activate the medaforce!" Metal Beetle glowed bright red and orange with electric arcs flashing around him. The second Metabee's signature line kicked in.
"Dude, I rock." The Mega-Emperor turned to face the fearsome opponent. Meta-Bee was unfazed by the ear-splitting roar. "It's time to kiss your bot goodbye! Medaforce!" Meta-Bee clamped his fists together and blasted out an orange blast twice the size of a freight train into the enemy. The blast kept getting larger as it travelled until it was five times its original size. Mega-Emperor stood no chance.
200% damage. Functions ceased.
The light died down as Meta-Bee collapsed on the floor.
"We did it," Samantha whispered quietly. "We won."
"We beat 'em," Spyke said slightly louder.
"No way," Sloan said, unbelieving.
"We wasted the suckers!" Kenneth celebrated. "We murdered them! All three of them!" Everyone broke into cheers at the victory. Henry and Meta-Bee collapsed onto the floor exhausted.
"Man, how do they have any energy left?" Henry shouted. "How is it possible Meta-Bee, Arcbeetle?" Meta-Bee said nothing, unable to speak. Henry nodded knowingly. "You know, you don't talk much anymore. This is the most I've heard you speak in a fight. But I get it. Don't waste energy, right? Huh..." Everyone cheered and patted each other's backs while Samantha walked to the wreck where Peppercat lay.
"Peppercat... are you still there?" The door of the car popped open as some trapped gas exploded outwards. Peppercat's body rolled out of it as well. It was barely recognizable among the other parts. Samantha's eyes filled with tears as she remembered all the adventures they'd been through. Even worse still, what she had said in the morning.
"You are Samantha, leader of the Screws gang, my amazing medafighter... And my best friend."
It was all Samantha could do to stop herself from crying. He searched the wreckage for anything that could give her a sign. Her heart fluttered as she saw something glitter underneath the car rims. She reached towards it when suddenly everything went dark around like a shadow had fallen on her. All the cheers and laughter stopped. She looked up behind her into the sky to see what was happening. This time tears did flow, but in fear as well as grief.
It keeps happening...
You've gotta fight for your right to robattle!