Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Rise, the Underdog! Last hope showdown! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7: Rise, the Underdog! Last hope showdown!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Medabots anime, games, manga or toys etc. However, I do own Roadrunner, Windstorm, Chidori, Zoro, Kenneth, and the weird blue haired kid. Medafighters ready?
You've gotta fight for your right to robattle!
Mr Referee: Last chapter of Robotournament, Ikki was revealed to be the victor in the match versus Zorin
Metabee: That's right! I mixed him up! I'm the definition of awesome! And if you still don't understand; I rock!
Windstorm: Shut it Tin-can, he's trying to speak.
Metabee: This stuff at the beginning and end of episodes was my job, not his!
Mr Referee: Only because I was away! I've been doing this for years! Me! Mr Referee!
Ikki: Metabee, hurry up and let's go! That kid was gonna tell us why he does his stuff!
Metabee: And give away his horns!
?: No I'm not giving away Zorin's horns.
Metabee: What? I'll make you give me those parts!
Zorin: My broad antennae are like a part of me. We've been through a lot. It's like trying to take the shell off of a Hermit crab. The shell is his home. It may not actually be attached to him, but it's closer to his heart than the blood pumping in his veins. It is his precious treasure.
Metabee: Whoa, that's deep.
?: He doesn't talk much so this is also a surprise to me.
Mr Referee: Eh-em, You're wasting precious time and space, unless you want to meet penalty box I suggest you leave, quickly!
?: Who's penalty box? Hey, where'd everyone go? Why am I suddenly alone? What's with that star in the sky? Is that a medabot? Wait, no! AAAAAAAA!
Me: ... I think that dart killed him...
?: I'm... still... alive... *gasp* (faint on the spot)
Mr Referee: Back to my part. Ikki managed to win the rematch with the kid. The kid promised to tell Ikki why he did what he did as part of the reward for winning. Meanwhile, at the 24-hour Hop Mart, a gang of teenagers known as Team Fiyun attempted to take over 'Screws gang' property. They were looking for Space Medafighter X who has mysteriously disappeared. If nobody strong showed up soon, they would take everyone's medals. The Screws appeared led by Samantha and challenged Team Fiyun. The Screws put up a valiant effort, but in the end, the resistance was futile. In a move of desperation, Henry joined the Screws gang so that he could robattle and save them. He used KBT-0, Metal-Beetle and destroyed them almost without trying. Team Fiyun ended saying, 'you will be scared once you look up' Samantha suddenly became frozen in a gripping fear of the likes we have not seen before. What are these teenagers up to? What's the deal with the kid? Why did Samantha freeze up? Why am I refereeing again after so long of silence? Will these questions be answered?
The street was battle scarred and torn to pieces from the previous battle. Lampposts were snapped in half and traffic lights were cracked and shattered. A few buildings were chipped and dented and a car was crunched up like a can. Ikki picked Metabee up from a huge crater in the ground, so that Metabee was just barely standing, and walked towards Windstorm. He found her alien medal and put it into his left medawatch.
"Hey, Windstorm? Are you there? Windstorm?" The watch remained dead, no sound coming out of it. Ikki frowned. That's weird. Her medal is in correctly, so why isn't it working? Windstorm remained silent. A faint, croaking noise came from the medawatch. "Huh? Is that you? I can't here you clearly." Ikki put his ear to the medawatch. This time, more loudly, a faint voice was heard.
"Just let me rest. I need a vacation. I need a manicure, a pedicure, and a serious tune up. Just let me rest." Ikki visibly exhaled the breath he didn't notice he'd been holding. She was still alive, and she wasn't too damaged. That was all that mattered. He grabbed Windstorm's parts and tossed them over his shoulder. Even with the self repairing nano-machines inside the parts, they weren't going to repair enough to let a medal inside. Ikki turned and faced the blue haired kid.
"Well, why are you here anyway? You obviously didn't come just to robattle everyone in sight, so why?" The blue haired kid looked at his medawatch, checking the time.
"Ok, I'll make this short, but you should really sit down for this," He said, looking away from Ikki with disregard. Metabee sat down on a rock, exhausted, while Ikki just stayed standing up. The blue haired kid shrugged his shoulders and continued. "I'm pretty sure you already know that medabots weren't invented by human's right? Or that at least the medals weren't."
"Yeah. Nearly all of the rare medals were made by the medarolli people, an ancient civilization that were all technologically advanced and physically superior to humans. They were all warriors of some sort until they ended up destroying themselves with all of the violence and wars that broke out as a result of their aggressive behaviour. A massive war between two different factions. The last of them placed what was left of their personalities in a bunch of 'medals' in the hopes that some other sentient beings might revive them. These medals were found by humans and remade into the medabots we use today."
"Yup, that's pretty much it. A lot of the designs for parts were even taken by humans who found plans for them in old ruins. The first KBT and KWG types were inspired by drawings of them in temples."
"Those were KBT-0, Metal Beetle, and KWG-0, Twin-Scissors," Ikki cut in.
"So obviously these guys had a lot more technology then we think, right?"
"I guess so..."
"But that's not important. The fact is that medabots can only become as strong as the medals people have found before. Most rare medals are found in battered and bruised condition, unable to be used. These are all cloned to create ordinary medals. It's never cloned exactly, even if scientists wanted to make an exact clone. These are ordinary medals. Sometimes however, the rare medals are intact, or they are accidentally cloned exactly, like Metabee's. In Rokusho's case, Dr Hushi actually managed to get an exact clone, making his the first medal."
"It was then cloned again to make Zuru's Roks, making him also classed as a 'first medal' we get it," Ikki interrupted. "What does that have to do with finding strong medafighters though?"
"Right. Well my boss sent me here to try and find a very special type of medal. Not any old rare medal. For..."
"Medaforce!" The earth began shaking with magnitude 10 earthquakes, but everything stayed in perfect condition. The air became thick as if it was dripping with honey and Ikki couldn't even move his eyelids. An ice cold bead of sweat dripped down his brow. He felt like he was thousands of feet under the water, and the pressure on his chest was almost unbearable. A purple haze covered his vision and his hearing was completely blocked off by a noise like a thousand trains passing through his brains.
What? What is this? I can't move an inch! Why's everything purple? What's with the noise? What is this? Metabee!
Ikki tried opening his mouth to scream Metabee's name, but no sound came out. He tried turning his head to look at Metabee. A searing pain passed through his spine as he moved at a snail pace, but he wouldn't stop yet. With a final soundless scream of pain, he jerked his head towards Metabee. Under the haze, he looked awkward, purplish and blue, not moving, but seeming to flicker like a candle. Everything flickered like a candle. His now blue eyes were wide with fear. They looked almost bigger than his head. This is bad, bad, bad! I've gotta get out of here! I don't know what's going on but I have to run! The purple haze turned orange and black lines seemed to be streaking upwards in the air. The sweat on Ikki's face finally dropped, hovered in the air, and then flew up to the sky. What's going on?
Ikki swayed from side to side before collapsing on the floor at unbelievably slow speeds. Ikki just managed to turn his head up to face the sky. His pupils dilated from the shock of what he saw. His mouth suddenly became dry.
I have to escape, I have to escape, I have to escape, I have to escape... Ikki shook his head, not believing it. The sky appeared to be cracking. Massive jagged lines passed straight through it, showing expensive machinery inside it. One of the shards broke loose from the rest of the sky, opening a vacuum, sucking all of the clouds and birds into it. A passing biplane flipped over in the sky and broke in half. It began floating into the crack, bits of the wings and engines flying off of it in the process. The pilot was seen jumping out, and somehow falling upwards into the crack along with his plane. He disappeared behind the sky shard, possibly to never be seen again. The shard of sky fell lower down, the image of clouds on it changing to machinery as it proved to be a flying saucer. It looked a lot like the World Robattle Stadium did when it was equipped to fly. A massive panel opened up and scores upon scores of medabots streamed out of it. There were at least forty Mega-Emperors jumping out, sixty Robo-Emperors, a whole fleet of flying medabots, huge numbers of Belzelgas and massive amounts of Air-Pteras. But that wasn't even the scariest thing in the skies. Ikki had seen similar sights in movies. What had practically crippled his nerves was the thing closer to the ground. The section of 'sky' he had seen was only a small fraction of what was happening. It was only a small patch of the sky. The rest was blocked out by what looked like a two storey high, laughing, flaming skull with snakes coming out of cracks in its head and the eye sockets. There were about three more of these skull monsters.
Behind them all, commanding them, was a larger than life flying saucer with a giant medal showing through the underside of it. The medal was covered in a glass case. The picture on it looked similar to a bat, or one of Batman's batarangs. The centre of the medal contained a massive purple medalias gem. The medalias glowed with an unearthly glow, releasing more of the skulls. Ikki covered his mouth, afraid he might just vomit and he thought he was about to wet himself. One of the skulls opened its massive jaws and spat out a whole myriad of smaller flaming skulls (sorry, I don't know the plural for some undead skulls. A group? A troop? An army? Myriad was the best word I could find). A few pedestrians were running away in terror, but they looked like they were moving in slow motion. Even the police and medafighters who had medabots were too scared to fight them. One or two kilobits stepped forward to battle. Kilobots, having no emotions or sensible thought, they literally knew no fear. A large red kilobot with big bulky wings stepped forward. It looked like it had a knight helmet on and its fists were covered in a bulky glove.
Redrun: Extreme Tech
Medafighter: Banjo
Specialty: Widespread destruction
Signature: Redrum Murder
Redrun jumped up into the myriad of skulls, his left fist brought behind him. He smashed his fist into the face of a skull, despite skulls being all face. It fell to the ground with a sickening crunch. Whatever was slowing everybody down obviously wasn't affecting Redrun. Redrun dropped to the floor, cracking the pavement, but was quickly engulfed by one of the massive skulls. It clamped down its giant jaws on the lone Kilobot and disappeared inside. The other tiny skulls swarmed into the streets like locusts, destroying everything in their path. The massive skull appeared to be chewing. A tiny line showed itself in the back of its head. The line spread into a huge crack. Suddenly, the crack exploded outwards as Redrun smashed his fist outside. The skull shrieked an unearthly cry before collapsing on the floor. Redrun stepped outside and glared up at the huge flying saucer in the sky.
"Worthy opponent." Redrun's machinery started whirring angrily and his knight helmet visor lifted up, opening to reveal it looked way more like a mouth with teeth than a mask. The evil mouth continued to open wider until you could see its eyes inside the mouth. His medafighter ran out from behind cover.
"Redrun, get outta there! Don't fight! You might just be another Kilobot, but I can't bear to see you get destroyed!" The boy had dark brown eyes, almost red if you looked carefully, and his black hair was messy and unkempt. He had simple brown shorts on and a black shirt with a blue jacket with rolled up sleeves on top. He grabbed Redrun and shook him. "Redrun, I order you to stop now! We have to go!" Redrun turned towards him and with no apparent emotion, shook his head.
"Negative. Worthy opponent located. Primary function; locate and destroy worthy opponents."
"What? Oh no, you've glitched up again haven't you?"
"Command not recognized."
"I knew you'd say that. Kilobots aren't that bright are they?"
"Command not recognized."
"Darn!" The boy turned towards Ikki who was struggling to get up. Ikki was right underneath the massive skulls and was obviously most effected from whatever they were doing. Ikki tried to smile.
"B-Banjo. Long time no see. I'm never gonna get over your ridiculous name."
"Shut it Tenryou! Do you see those things? Nothing we do can even touch them! Our only chance is to run but Redrun won't listen. I can't leave him. I have a duty to keep him safe until his warranty expires." Ikki actually smiled.
"Banjo, you're actually starting to like your medabot aren't you?"
"NO! I just robattle to win. Don't ever forget it. I never lose!" Banjo tugged Redrun one last time before resigning. "Alright you piece of junk, you win. I guess I'll have to robattle. The Select corps have been fighting for a while now, and we can't leave them on their own. You gonna lend a hand?"
"I would, but Metabee's taken too much for him to continue. I can't use Windstorm either. She's even worse."
"Windstorm? Who's that?"
"Never mind. The point is that I can't robattle." Banjo shrugged his shoulders.
"Suit yourself. Alright Redrun, it's time to get serious. Jump onto the massive skulls up in the sky and prepare to attack!" Redrun's medaparts creaked and his inner machinery began whirring loudly. A noise like a car engine started up inside him. He shot towards the sky and his metal wings spread wide. They wouldn't help him fly as they were so heavy, but they would let him glide where he wanted. He landed on the first skull with a crash, cracking it in the process. An army of Totalizer's landed as well, all of them from the enemy ship. Redrun sprinted towards one of them and smashed its face in. All of the other Totalizers fired their lasers at Redrun, but Redrun jumped clear from all of them. Banjo gritted his teeth.
"Why can't they leave me alone? Redrun, action mode!" Redrun opened his mouth wide in a fearsome roar and his eyes glowed a bright orange inside his mouth. The very ground began shaking and the Totalizer he was looking at flew off of the skull and landed in the road with a crash. Redrun fell onto another Totalizer and wacked five others away with a backhand slap. Finally he transformed onto four legs and jumped into a crowd of medabots, tearing them to pieces with his claws and teeth. Twenty medabots went flying off the battlefield, into the flying saucer, barely denting it as they made an impact.
"You're Redrun's as scary as ever," Ikki commented, just barely getting the sound past his teeth.
"You bet. Not even those things can match him in battle!" Redrun's eyes flashed in his mouth as he let out another roar, the Shockwaves blowing every other medabot off the skull. The skull started cackling and tossed his head/body up, throwing Redrun into the sky. It opened its mouth wide and showered Redrun with a torrent of crackling, sizzling flames. Redrun shielded his face before being consumed by the blast. The fire twisted around his frame as he disappeared inside the fire. Statistics beeped on about the damage being dealt to Redrun.
Warning. 100% damage to leg and right arm parts. Functions ceased. Chain reaction, 72% damage to head medapart. Warning, mobility decreased. Action mode deactivated. Caution is advised.
"Darn, this isn't looking good for me," Banjo looked down towards Ikki. "Hey, get up! You could get injured from there! If you've never noticed, everybody's in danger and you're right in the middle of it!" Ikki snapped out of his haze as the air cleared of its haze. It felt as if a fog had been lifted from his mind as he could suddenly think again. Everybody had cleared out of the area already and it was just him and Banshou. Redrun was somewhere inside the monster skull and Metabee still couldn't move. Ikki couldn't wake up Windstorm after the last fight. The Select Corps were finally defending again, but they were losing badly. An Air-Pteras fell from the sky along with a fighter jet. They crashed into a small shop, destroying everything inside it. A third jet flew sideways over Ikki's head, screeching the whole way like a banshee until it exploded on the pavement.
Ikki scrambled to his feet and grabbed Metabee who was still stunned, unable to move. Banjo grabbed Windstorm's parts and shouted a terse command into his medawatch. The skull that swallowed Redrun shook violently before exploding, sending broken medaparts and bone across the street. Redrun fell out from it and landed in the ground, smashing the tarmac on impact. He limped after his master as they ran away from the fighting to the medabot corporation.
. . .
"Spyke... RUN!" Samantha screamed at her partner. "SLOAN, YOU TOO! GET OUT!" three large medabots fell from the sky, smashing the ground to pieces. All three of them were yellow and green with two antennaes sticking out from their heads. Electricity crackled and arced between the two antennae. They were each at least twice the size of a tall human, possibly three-and-a-half metres tall. They almost looked like a walking arsenal. A massive missile launching gun on the right arm with six missiles slotted neatly in the massive barrel was on all of them. Their left arms were huge laser canons with three barrel holes, each hole about the size of someone's head. Their legs looked like a large caterpillar, being heavily armoured with a huge tail. It was almost like a giant foot. The tank/caterpillar like legs had tiny toes all around the edges, swivelling around to make it move. The toes had holes in them and looked almost like they would shoot lasers out of them. The medabots were panelled all over and looked like weapons were hidden inside. Medawatches urgently beeped out information.
Mega-Emperors 1 2 & 3: Dr Armond's workshop
Medafighter: Unknown
Specialty: Mass destruction
Signature: Fatal Death-Break barrage
Samantha ran towards Peppercat and shook her awake. Peppercat's eyes flashed open before she noticed the danger.
"Samantha, was that always there?"
"I don't know but we won't be here unless we run!" They scrambled to their feet and sprinted away from the three monsters. The large medafighter, Kenneth, blocked the way they were going along with Gun-Nose.
"Ah-ah, you think you can run?" Samantha's eyes widened with fear as she saw three huge laser beams blasting over her head, singeing the top of her hair despite the beams being fifty metres away.
"Move you big dope! That thing's gonna kill us all!"
"Not us, you!"
"Do you even know what that is? That's Mega-Emperor! The most powerful medabot in existence! It's designed to destroy everything that moves, including the people that deployed it! Unless you wanna make friends with it, RUN!" Kenneth gave Samantha a grin.
"It can't touch us. Though, I don't know about you guys!" Samantha tried stepping around him but was blocked by Gun-Nose.
"Spyke, get him..." Spyke was already gone, nothing but dust in the distance. Samantha slapped her forhead. "You've got to be kidding me... Sloan, get him!" Sloan ran at his slow pace and rammed into the large teenager, knocking the wind out of his lungs. The larger teenager grabbed Sloan by the shoulders and tossed him into a nearby trashcan. The cans clattered noisily as the rubbish inside spilled all over him. Samantha went behind the teenager and jumped on his back, choking him with her arm while biting his shoulder. In between bites she choked out a few words.
"Leave... my... team... a... lone!" She got him with an extra powerful bite, ripping through the clothes and skin. Kenneth picked her off of his back and threw her like a doll into the store.
"I don't like fighting, I robattle. Don't bother fight me when those thing's are still loose." All three Mega-Emperors trained blue laser lights on Samantha and Sloan. Sloan ran over to where Totalizer had fallen and placed the medal into the medabot's back. Totalizer's visor flashed green, looked at the enemy's and turned off again.
"What? Totalizer, what's wrong?" Sloan asked.
"I won't robattle those things, no way!" Totalizer's medal ejected again. Sloan placed it back inside.
"C'mon buddy, we're all gonna die unless you do!" Sloan looked up at the Mega-Emperors who's guns were glowing red, about to fire, Sloan grabbed Totalizer and ducked behind a car where Samantha and Peppercat had already hidden. All nine lasers fired, disintegrating the car in a few seconds just barely leaving the people behind them intact. Totalizer stared up at the Mega-Emperors out in the open with his medafighters.
"Boss, are we gonna make it outta here?" Totalizer asked as they aimed their huge rockets at him.
"Totalizer, get ready to blast the missiles!" eighteen missiles flew out of the Mega-Emperor's canons. Totalizer brought up his badly damaged left laser canon and fired a massive blue energy beam, dragging it around the sky blowing up all the enemy projectiles. Missiles exploded like fireworks, lightning up the area which had suddenly gotten darker.
"Peppercat, lightning jump!" Peppercat's arms sparked up with lightning as she ran towards the leading Mega-Emperor. A barrage of missiles assailed her, but she gracefully dived over all of them. Two violent rockets scraped her leg gently, but it was enough to set them off in a massive mushroom cloud explosion. Dirt flew into the sky with a bone jarring bang. Peppercat emerged out of the dust, paws sparking and lightning zapping wildly everywhere in a rage. Peppercat latched onto the lead Mega-Emperor and electrocuted his head, sending thousands of volts of electricity rushing through him, shutting down major systems.
Mega-Emperor1 paralyzed. Regeneration process activated. Rebooting.
"Peppercat, next one!" Peppercat jumped off of him and ran to the next one.
"Totalizer, give the boss a hand," Sloan commanded. Totalizer reluctantly stepped towards Peppercat's side and aimed his canons at Mega-Emperor.
"Assuming attack positions," A Mega-Emperor shouted in a deep menacing voice. "Launching death-break attack!" The antennaes on the two functioning Mega-Emperors sparked with lightning. Mega-Emperor number two shot out a dump-truck sized electricity ball from his antennae while the third blasted out a massive blue laser from his. The ground they were travelling over was completely incinerated, leaving the ground to be black and charred. The electric ball crushed Totalizer, sending sparks flying in all directions. The beam swept across the field, finishing off the job, and that was the end of him.
200% damage to arm medaparts. 50% damage to leg medaparts. Damage absorbed by Tortoise shell. 99% damage to head medaparts.
Peppercat jumped towards the third Mega-Emperor in a frenzy before another electric ball was launched from the second one. Peppercat was sent flying into the sky and crashed into the neighbouring building, toppling the whole thing over.
Warning. Gravity plus activated. Peppercat at triple weight. All medaparts 80% damage.
"Boss, this isn't working!" Sloan cried looking at the disfigured Totalizer. His arms were burnt to a crisp, showing the inner workings and machinery inside, most of which was destroyed.
"I know it isn't," She yelled back. "We don't have enough fire power to fight and win, but we can't run away now that they're fully activated. They'd just gun us down!"
"This is getting out of hand," Zoro said. The three gang members had been watching the whole time, hiding inside the 24 hour Hop-mart. Zoro was busy repairing Sanjuuro while Chidori was doing her nails. Ken was also inside with Gun-Nose who was lazily reading a magazine. "Look at them. They could actually get killed by the Mega-Emperor."
"Not my problem," Chidori said.
"But we're not murderers," Zoro objected.
"We're not stupid either," Kenneth replied. "You think you're funny, challenging that thing. You wouldn't last a minute."
"But we would! We could turn the tide of the whole battle!"
"Just leave 'em at it," Chidori reassured. "They're getting backup already."
. . .
"Meta-bee, get in there!" Henry yelled into his phone. Metal Beetle's eyes flashed bright white, the standard colour for most KBT-0 up to KBT-50. Ikki's Metabee model is the exception. Metabee ran towards Mega-Emperor 1 who had rebooted and was moving. "Meta-bee, send the seeker missiles to his head, same spot as where Peppercat hit!" Meta-bee jumped in the sky and sent two mad seeker missiles spiralling to Mega-Emperor 1. Mega-Emperor's antennas sparked and sent out a blue laser beam slicing through the air, destroying the missiles in a puff of smoke.
Metabee assailed Mega-Emperor with a barrage of machinegun bullets, but they all bounced off him harmlessly. The other two Mega-Emperor's slowly crawled to the leader's side and all fired all nine of their lasers at ounce. Meta-bee disappeared in a cloud of smoke as the lasers crashed into, and around him.
Warning, Leg medaparts 100% damage, functions ceased.
Darn it, Henry thought to himself. This is even harder than when I first faced him years ago. I guess Metal Beetle isn't what he used to be. I really wish that Arcbeetle's parts were here. He'd love to be in his usual body. Maybe I can pull out his medal again? It worked last time, but man did it leave a scar!
Samantha stared at the broken down tower Peppercat's body had been slammed into. She couldn't believe that Peppercat was still alive. But she knew there was no way she could keep fighting.
This thing's a monster! Samantha thought. Is it even a medabot if it can do this? No. Of course not. It's a WPN type. A weapon type. He's a living arsenal. How did Ikki, Koji and Space Medafighter X even lay a dent in it? How did they beat it? We need more people but with this kind of chaos, everyone will be fighting in other places. We're on our own...
. . .
Spyke and Krosserdog were resting against a tree, hiding from all the rougue medabots.
"Hey Krossedog, I can't believe we actually made it out of there! Those medabots would have totally creamed us!" Krosserdog, whose medal had been reinserted, looked up at his medafighter.
"You said it boss, I'm still not as strong as Peppercat or Metabee,"
"Yeah, and I don't wanna lose you in a robattle we could have avoided!"
"But boss, Sloan and Samantha are still fighting there for the whole town. Even Henry is robattling. We can't just run away now!"
"Aw don't worry, they'll handle it!"
"But boss, Ikki said they only got lucky when beating one Mega-Emperor, there are three of them!"
"Um... Samantha's tough. She can take 'em!"
"Boss, are you running away?"
"Uhh, well I can't fight them! I'd only slow Samantha down! Sloan is better off with her!"
"But Totalizer's damaged! He can't take another beating!"
"What about the move the Boss was working on?"
"Spyke, I don't think she's working on any secret technique."
"Well I can't fight! I'm just a defeated dog! This is the first robattle in nine months that I've won and we had to get help from Henry of all people! I didn't even know he was that strong!"
"Even the underdogs can rise up like a wolf when they have to! I might just be a medabot, but I know with all my core, processors, hard drives, and my medal, that we can't let our hometown be destroyed because we were scaredy-cats! Yes, I said it, the scaredy-cat dogs! It's too late to run away know! Everyone's counting on us. Even Ikki and Metabee!
"Krosserdog, I care for both our lives way too much. I order you to retreat!"
"No! I'm a dog type medabot, and I listen to you on every order, but my obedience to our home, our friends, and myself, are right now far greater! If you won't go, then I'll fight them myself!" Spyke looked at Krosserdog. He was glowing orange all over with arcs of electricity spiralling around him. The sky turned midnight dark as if the power blocked out the light from the blazing sun. In the shadows that appeared unnaturally over Krosserdog, Spyke could see a great golden ape roaring.
"Krosserdog..."
"It's deciding time Spyke! Will you run to see another day, always regretting the loss and destruction you could've avoided, never truly moving on from the cowardly past, always only truly living in your dreams? Or are you going to take a stand and bite back, be the guard dog defending everything you know, and your pride?" Spyke started tearing.
Krosserdog's never disobeyed an order before. If he is, then I have to have really screwed up. It looks like I have to trust the dog in me and follow my instincts. This is the first time I've done this, listening to my instincts, so I don't know if it's the best choice, but I've got to save Samantha!
"Alright Krosserdog, it's time to prove to the boss who's boss! We're gonna fight, and this time, we're gonna fight to win! And I know just how to do it!"
"Great job boss!"
"Not even Mega-Emperor can stop us! We're like a howling whirlwind now! I think I get how Ikki and Metabee are so strong now... It's all because... Because..."
. . .
Ikki and Banjo ran along with Redrun, Metabee and Windstorm's parts under Metabee's arm.
"Hey, Banjo," Ikki started. "How come you tried to save Redrun, even though he's a Kilobot? I thought you never cared!"
"It's because, even though Redrun is a Kilobot, he's my partner. Not my friend, my partner! I can't lose and neither should my partner. We're a two man team."
"Don't lie," Metabee said from his medawatch. "You two are homies aren't you? You saved him because you care!"
"No I don't," Banjo yelled back.
"No, but you should," An unknown answered back. The trio stopped dead in their tracks.
Ikki smiled knowingly.
"Of all the people to appear at a time like this, you two! And such a weird mix!" Two lone shadows stood in the streets, the sunset to their backs, showing up like the Heroes of the story.
More Medabots, more Power!