Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Put the Screws to 'em! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6! Put the Screws to 'em!
Beetle metamorphosis. You are now in the caterpillar stage. Good luck!
Mr. Referee: Last time we saw the epic rematch between Ikki and the strange blue haired kid with me, Mr Referee, as referee. Ikki battled against his KWG type medabots using the awkward pair of Metabee and Windstorm. Things were looking good for Ikki and Metabee when suddenly, things went horribly wrong. Zorin activated the medaforce and Ikki's two trump cards, the Shadow Sword, and Demolition mode had no apparent effect. In the heat of the moment, Metabee's medal evolved into its original caterpillar state, making him strong enough to pair up with Windstorm to form a super medablast. As a last ditch effort, they clashed against Zorin's medaforce, despite the fact that it was even stronger than Metabee's ultimate attack, his medaforce. Will they manage to defeat the monster that is Zorin with the combined force of all their souls put together?
"Medablast!"
"Medaforce!"
Windstorm spun rapidly inside Mtabee's demolition cannon, hovering slightly so as not to slice Metabee. She had to be extremely careful, but she couldn't risk limiting the strength of her attack too much. In the centre of the blast, she could feel the heat of the energy ball swirling around her now shuriken like form. She was a huge steel grey Shuriken with green and black lines running along the bulge in the centre. There was a hole in the middle of the bulge where you would normally grip the shuriken. Metabee's legs were digging into the ground, as if he weighed more than one hundred tons. He had never felt power like that before. It was like his whole body was a furnace, with the burning coal being Windstorm. All of his parts were going into overdrive. There were a few seconds left before both sides would be ready to fire. A huge crowd was watching and some had called their kids to watch, including the Screws, not knowing that they were all in danger.
"What is this power?" Windstorm asked.
"Demo-fusion," Ikki replied, smiling.
"Demo what?"
"Hey, Ikki," Metabee said into the medawatch, interrupting Windstorm. "We've had a lot of good times, and bad times. I can remember some as if it was happening right now, but most of them are just whispers in the wind. I don't know about you being strong enough to win the world championships, but you are a great medafighter. I'm glad I met you." Ikki tried not to think about how his medabot could possibly die here. He wasn't about to say he gave up. He would NEVER allow a creep like that to win. Windstorm was in too much pain to say anything positive.
"Hey, Metabee, I know that you wouldn't have given up so easily when you had your memories intact. I can't expect you to be yourself just yet, but I don't want you to give up like that. That's not you. We want to become the strongest, right? That dream hasn't died yet, has it?" Metabee would've stared at Ikki if he wasn't charging the attack.
How could I let myself give up like that? I'm the one with the strongest medafighter I've ever met as a medafighter. I'm the one with the nutty medabot aiming straight at him. I'm the one who has all the power. Ikki's right. I can't back down now. I'll fight until I'm nothing more than an old spanner, and then I'll still fight even harder!
Metabee and Ikki didn't know it at the time, but that whole exchange was only five seconds long. They weren't using the medawatches. Time had stopped completely for them in the heat of the moment and the remains of the bond they shared had flared up once again. Finally Metabee snapped out of it and prepared to strike.
"Dude, I rock," Metabee said.
"Kiss your bot goodbye!" Windstorm added.
"Medablast!"
"Medaforce!"
Windstorm shot straight out of Metabee's demolition cannon at unbelievable speeds, green and purple energy waves trailing out behind her as she launched towards Zorin, who had slashed out the sinister attack from his claws.
Zorin's medaforce collided with Windstorm at just that instant, destroying the city street and melting cars in the process. Trees became uprooted from the explosion. Spectators were bowled over as everything was consumed by the blast. Metabee was lost from view under the resulting explosion, completely consumed by pure Meda-energy. The noise itself was deafening and Ikki held his ears in agonizing, excruciating pain. Windstorm's condition was not something Ikki wanted to think about, if he could still think with wave after wave of energy assaulting him. A green, blue and purple dome was swirling around in the middle of the road where the collision had occurred. Gale force winds were being tossed out from it, buffeting anything within one hundred metres to it. It swirled there in the middle of everything with Windstorm somewhere inside the heart of it.
After another minute of aftershocks and wind, a huge chunk of the dome tore off of the main piece. The remaining part of the dome vanished with the wind while the torn off chunk flew towards Zorin, ripping up the road along the way. A tiny stream of fire was pushing the huge chunk along, coming from Metabee's canon. Windstorm, Ikki knew, was right inside that chunk of energy. Zorin fell to his knees as his energy left him and his eyes appeared to close, as if he had resigned himself to his fate. The blast slammed into Zorin with an explosion even more terrifying than the first. Ikki refused to shield his eyes, trying to get as much of the picture into his mind.
As the sound of the impact died down, all anyone could hear was a high pitched whining noise. Some people's ears had blood dripping from them. Ikki fell to the ground, feeling as if he had run across the whole of Japan and then swam across to China. The blue haired kid was on the floor a few metres away. Ikki smiled at the fact that there was no evil grin on the kids face for once. Ikki looked at his two medawatches which were miraculously still intact. They beeped with the match results.
Windstorm all medaparts 100% damage. Functions ceased.
Metabee leg and arm parts 80% damage. Head medapart 87% damage. Seeker computer offline.
Zorin all medaparts 150% damage. Functions ceased.
"Functions ceased! The winner is, Metabee and Windstorm!" Metabee transformed back to normal slowly, with bits of his armour falling off of him. His right eye was smashed and kept sparking. The shuriken that was Windstorm lay shattered on the floor, but the bulge in the middle was gone. Instead, Windstorm was standing up, holding her katana which was cut in half. Apart from the tin-pet, her left arm had fallen off. Her eyes were dark as if they were off. Her sword was still shimmering slightly as if she had used the Shadow Sword. Despite the fact that her functions should have ceased, she still spoke:
"Heh, looks like we did it tin-can," she said weakly. She then went limp and her medal ejected with a surprisingly soft clink. It had a picture of a stereotype alien sitting down on it. The crowd that had gathered cheered and whooped and ran over to congratulate Ikki. However, most if the adults had long since called the police. Everyone was baffled as to why they hadn't already stopped the fight seeing as they were robattling right outside the police station. In fact the police station seemed unnaturally empty. But none of the kids cared right then and there. Ikki was being carried into the air by the Screws gang and kids all over were charging to their hero to get his autograph. The parents kept pulling them away in case something else exploded. Ikki tried to get out of the crowd but he just didn't have the energy. Finally, Mr. Referee interrupted.
"Wait! Ikki still needs to get the medaparts he won!" Surprisingly, everyone shut up. Mr. Referee was well respected everywhere. The crowd moved aside and gave Ikki his space, the Screws even dropping him onto the ground with a loud thump. Ikki shakily got to his feet and walked over to the blue haired boy. The kid had at some point gotten up and crawled to his medabot. His hair still covered his eyes and Ikki couldn't tell if the smile on his face was happiness or just the punk trying to deny that he had lost. Ikki stared at the Zorin. Its horns were ripped completely off of its head. They were glowing bright blue so he guessed he had put up a shield to protect himself. Obviously, the shield didn't help. It had no right arm. It was torn off of his shoulder. His hammer fist arm was shattered. His bicep was just the tin-pet on its own. His left leg was lying next to Windstorm's shuriken parts, sliced off by the attack. His right leg was twisted right around the wrong way. All of his parts were charred and looked a dull grey. His medal was lying next to his head. It showed a stag beetle in flight. There was a large chip on it, but the medalias was unharmed.
Thank goodness, Ikki thought to himself. I might not like the kid, but his medabot doesn't deserve to be destroyed. Ikki looked at the kid again and extended his hand towards him. The kid tilted his head up so he appeared to be looking at Ikki.
"That was a great robattle," Ikki said. "But the next time you go messing with people's medabots, don't forget that you're not the strongest. You made the mistake of thinking you could absorb the Shadow Sword. You thought I had forgotten that you could absorb speed, even though that is the only way you had been beating me the whole fight. A master medafighter would never make such an obvious mistake. You were too used to picking on little kids so never used any strategy. Your Zorin isn't invincible. There are loads of flaws in its Ultimate style control that you hadn't noticed. I just found one of them. Don't underestimate your opponent. Especially with Zorin's antennae. Once I found one weakness, you had lost the whole battle." The kid grabbed Ikki's hand to shake it grudgingly and pulled himself up off the floor.
"Fine, Tenryou, you've won. As I promised, I'll stop bullying kids into finding strong medafighters. It seems that this town has a whole bundle of strong guys."
"There's lots of them?"
"Well, not exactly lots of them. Just that normally, I only ever find one or two guys who can scratch Zorin, and nearly none who can beat him. I guess you'll need my Zorin's horns?"
"You bet! Cough it up!" Metabee shouted before clutching his chest in pain.
"No, not the horns. Maybe the legs..."
"Not a chance! We've earned those medaparts fair and square!"
"Whatever. You can take your Metabee's seeker missiles back if you want. I guess I should tell you what you want to know." He pressed a button on his medawatch. "Hey, I've finished up here... Yeah I'm doing my job right... He was actually strong! You couldn't beat him... Whatever." He pushed the button again and the call cut. "Alright, I guess it's time to tell you why I'm here then...
Moments before the robattle had erupted:
Samantha sat in her bedroom, polishing Peppercat's left arm. Peppercat's parts were strewn across a desk with the wires and bolts showing. A bunch of spanners and screwdrivers were lying around on the floor and one of the wrenches was actually bent in half. Samantha's medawatch was on the bed with Peppercat's medal inside it so that she could still talk to her.
"Aw man, Peppercat, we really haven't been doing too good. Two major losses in a row? That's not gonna look good on the Screws' record."
"Cheer up boss! We fought harder than most against the first guy. We actually survived for five minutes."
"Yeah, and we didn't even lay a dent on him."
"But he healed himself! We shut down his left arm."
"Only because we triple teamed him," Samantha said downcast. "And then we robattled Ikki. I thought he would be weaker since Metabee lost his memories. Boy, were we wrong."
"But none of us thought he would have a new medabot. You know that without her we would have won. No contest."
"No, Ikki's just way too good. If I went one-on-one, I would have lost for sure."
"Boss, you're a great medafighter. Everyone has a bad day, you just had two really bad days," Peppercat said, trying not to make Samantha upset. "We won't lose the next time!"
"Maybe... But then there's Spyke!" Samantha clenched her fists in rage. "That fool completely ruined the robattle! If Krosserdog hadn't jumped into Totalizer, maybe they would have survived against the Windsail!" Samantha banged her fist on the desk, splintering the wood. Her fist then unclenched. "No. Windsail was way too fast for them, period. That little slip up wasn't enough to stop us from winning. I just didn't try hard enough." A single tear dropped down Samantha's cheek, followed by three more.
No, I can't start crying again. I can't let people know that I cry. I'm Samantha of the Screws gang! Someone as tough as me can't afford to start crying! Not again...
"Samantha," Peppercat said softly, calling her by her name instead of boss. "I don't like to see someone as strong as you beating yourself up over it.
"But I've only ever beaten Ikki once! And that was just luck! I'm not good enough to be called a medafighter."
"That's not true! You're the strongest medafighter I've ever known and ever will know. I might not be as wise as Rokusho, but I know that Samantha would never let herself feel so down because of one loss. The Samantha I know would go out and beat the snot out of anyone who even dares to call her weak. The Samantha I know would robattle with all her heart against even the strongest of enemies, shouting about how the Screws gang is the strongest group the world has ever seen!
"Samantha, you can't let a few losses bring you down. I've seen what you can do. I should know, I'm your medabot. I know that we're not the bravest, or the strongest, or even the smartest! But once we put our mind to it, we can topple anyone in our way, and look good doing it. Because you are Samantha, leader of the Screws gang, my amazing medafighter... And my best friend." Tears filled Samantha's eyes, despite all her best efforts to stop it.
I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry... She caved in and grabbed the meadwatch with Peppercat's medal inside and squeezed it as much as she could, tears flowing like a river.
"Thanks Peppercat. That really means a lot to me!" Just then, Spyke and Sloan tumbled through the bedroom door and fell on the not-so-soft wooden floorboards. Samantha looked up angrily at the two fools.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" She screamed at them.
"S-s-s-s-sorry boss. W-we-we didn't want to interrupt," Spyke stammered.
"I DON'T CARE! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO KNOCK ON A DOOR BEFORE COMING IN? WHAT IF I WAS CHANGING MY CLOTHES?"
"We're sorry boss, its urgent! There's a... Hey, boss? Were you crying?" Samantha stopped. Her eyes were puffy and red from how much she had been crying and there were still a few tears on her cheek from after Peppercat's speech.
"WHAT? IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I SWEAT FROM MY EYES!" Samantha quickly rubbed her eyes, and then seeing the confused faces of her teammates, gave up the false pretence. "If you tell anyone, and I mean anyone that I was crying..."
"Sure, sure, we get it! But we have other problems! A rival gang is trying to take over the 24 Hour Hop mart! They've already declared themselves the new rulers of the school, and now they're after our favourite spot! The Ankle biters tried to robattle them, but they got beat before they could even cry to their mommies!" Samantha got up with newfound strength.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"
. . .
"No! Pretty Prime!" The Screws heard a medal clink and eject. A little girl in a blue dress ran to a beaten down female knight medabot and cradle it in her arms. A short brown haired boy was next to the girl, robattling against an older boy. The little kid had short, brown hair and was wearing a yellow shirt and blue shorts. He was holding a medawatch up to his face.
"Komandog, charge," the kid said. His medabot was a dog like medabot with its eyes appearing to be closed. He had large beam cannons for hands and instead of walking, he moved around on a special round tail shaped like a huge coma with a wheel inside it. Spyke's medawatch recognized it.
Komandog: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Tak
Specialty: Beam attacks
Signature: Hound out
Komandog's wheel spun on the tarmac with a screeching noise and he zoomed forward. He aimed his cannons at the enemy medabot and fired two massive laser beams at it. The opposing medabot ducked underneath the searing hot beam and just narrowly avoided the second one as it shot underneath his left arm.
"Gun-Nose, use your gun-magnum," Tak's enemy shouted. His KBT type medabot brought up a huge rifle attached to his right arm. A laser aimed at Komandog's tail. Wherever Komandog moved, the laser would follow. "Now, fire!" Gun-Nose shot once, his whole arm recoiling from the bullet. A thin blue tracer trailed out from behind, giving the bullet a futuristic appearance. It hit dead centre in the middle of the comma part of his tail. His tyre exploded and Komandog skidded on the floor until he got up on his two tiny legs which were next to useless at walking. Gun-nose shot two full power seeker missiles straight at Komandog. His medal clinked on the floor. The Gun-nose's medafighter walked to the medal and picked it up. Two other medafighters were with him.
"Alright you little brats," said the girl between the two boys. "We're the new gang here. We're part of team Fiyun, a notorious gang from our hometown. We're in charge here and you'll have to answer to us. Unless you can find the best of the best, like I dunno, Space Medafighter X maybe? Unless you can find him, we're gonna take all of your medals." Henry who was watching the whole time gulped nervously. Sweat dripped down his brow.
Aw man, I thought I was done with Space Medafighter X. Of course, I miss robbatling, but until I can do it without getting in jail, I don't wanna go back to this.
"Don't bother call the cops. We already took care of them. If you want trouble still, the muscles over here, Kenny, and his Gun-Nose will turn you to dog meat." Henry looked at Gun-Nose.
Gun-Nose. Never heard of him. He must be new to the KBT series. A prototype maybe? Gun-Nose looked a lot bigger than Metabee and he was more aerodynamic. His shoulders weren't symmetrical, but his right shoulder was black and stuck out to the side. His right arm had a big yellow rifle attached to it and his left arm had a huge yellow Gatling gun with a black tip. His horns weren't on top of his head, but rather, on his forehead going straight up. They were pretty long for a head canon. It looked a bit like a nose at first glance but it was nowhere near where a nose should be. His feet had claws on them. Henry could tell at first glance that Ikki wouldn't be able to beat it. His medafighter was pretty big himself. He looked like he was maybe sixteen and he was wearing a green shirt with blue baggy jeans. He had really dark skin like he was from Africa. From what Henry had been seeing of his robattles, he was pretty good.
Nobody here can hope to even touch those guys. Arcbeetle could probably beat him, but I can't use it without revealing myself. I could get my old costume but I can't find it anymore under all of my junk. What could I do...
"Any complaints, now's your time to speak them," the female boss of the gang concluded.
"I have a complaint!" Samantha and the Screws walked towards the gang of teenagers. "This here spot is Screws Gang property. If you think you can muscle up on our territory, then you've got another thing coming!"
"Oh? The little girl's trying to play hero isn't she? And just who are you clowns?" Spyke stepped forward.
"I'm Spyke, the maintenance part of the notorious Screws gang. Me and Krosserdog will take you out!" The big teenager stepped forward and Spyke seemed to disappear instantly and reappear behind Sloan's hulking frame. Sloan knocked Spyke away and stepped forward.
"I'm the muscle of the gang, Sloan. I won't talk about my medabot as that might reveal a weakness, Spyke!" Spyke looked down ashamed. "If you try anything funny, I'll mess up your clothes!"
"Wow, I'm scared already," The girl said. "Dirty laundry is soooo frightening." Samantha stepped forward.
"I'm Samantha, leader of the Srews gang! You don't even deserve to know what my medabot can do so get moving or get robattling!" The girl smiled.
"All right, are you ready for a beat down you'll never forget?" The girl snarled.
"Yeah!" Spyke shouted before Samantha glared at him until he realised what he had just said. "I mean, no! We're ready to beat you down!"
"Then it's agreed!" Everyone looked around for Mr Referee. A garden gnome which was oddly placed next to the store opened up and revealed... A tape recorder and a deflated balloon! The balloon blew itself up and revealed a fake Mr Referee. The recorder played Mr Referee's voice. "My dummy officially declares this a submission robattle! I am currently in the middle of refereeing another robattle so I cannot come in person. However, attached to this gnome is a video recorder showing another referee the whole robattle, so no cheating! When the match is over, remember to flip the tape. Are we ready?"
"Transport, Krosserdog!"
"Transport, Totalizer!"
"Transport, Peppercat!" The medabots materialized in front of the Screws. Henry looked at them, wondering if they even stood a chance. The big kid, Kenny, brought Gun-Nose forward. The girl stepped forward. She had short hair that made her look like Cleopatra. She had black jeans and a dark blue T-shirt with a picture of a dragon crushing a skull. She wore a black hunter vest on top of it. The third guy came into view.
He was dressed plainly. He had a black shirt and blue shorts. His hair was messy with a blue bandana tied around it.
"Transport, Sanjuuro," he said. A KWG type medabot materialized in front of them. He looked a lot more like a samurai than most KWG types. His sword was no longer the small one that Rokusho normally has. It was a long katana attached to his wrist. Its left arm was twice Rokusho's size and a dark shade of purple. With the horns included, it was almost as tall as Ikki.
"Transport, Redlace," the girl said. A red butterfly medabot appeared wings and all. The medawatches showed info on the participants.
Krosserdog: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Spyke
Specialty: Rifle tactics
Signature: Unpredictability
.
Totalizer: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Sloan
Specialty: Beam attacks
Signature: Special beam canon
.
Peppercat: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Samantha
Specialty: Shocking paws
Signature: Lightning jump
.
Gun-Nose: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Kenneth
Specialty: Rifle tactics
Signature: Gun-Gatling barrage
.
Sanjuuro: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Zoro
Specialty/Signature: Quickflash slash
.
Redlace: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Chidori
Specialty/Signature: Shot trap
"Medabots, robattle!"
"All right boys," Samantha started, and then all together they finished off;
"Let's put the Screws to 'em!"
"Krosserdog, get up close and personal. Your rifle won't have any effect unless you're in their faces!"
"Peppercat, stay with Krosserdog and double team that Gun-Nose! Sloan, use Totalizer to keep the other two off our backs! If they get Sanjuuro to us we're toast!" Krosserdog and Peppercat sprinted towards Gun-Nose at full speed. Peppercat was trailing electricity along the way.
"Gun-Nose, missile launch!" Gun-Nose aimed his head canons at the duo and fired two rockets at them. Krosserdog just barely ducked underneath one, skidding on his knees with the missile whooshing overhead. Peppercat got hit in the stomach, the missile exploding instantly sending her flying into the 24-hour Hop mart.
"Peppercat, get up!" Samantha screamed with a touch of panic.
"Sanjuuro, now's your chance," Zoro said quietly. Sanjuuro seemed to almost teleport from where he was standing to right next to Krosserdog. He kicked Krosserdog hard in the face and while Krosserdog fell, he slammed his Hammer fist into Krosserdog's gut. Krosserdog crumpled to the floor, twitched twice and then lay still, whimpering like a wounded dog.
Peppercat, Leg medaparts 60% damage. Right arm 40% damage.
Krosserdog Head medapart 70% damage. Legs 20% damage. Caution, all parts are non responsive.
"We're just getting started, but it looks like your team is already finished," Chidori said with a grin.
"Not yet they're not, don't forget about me and Totalizer," Sloan butted in. "Now! Show them your true power Totalizer!" Totalizer aimed his huge beam canons at Sanjuuro. Two frighteningly large laser beams shot out of his canons. Sanjuuro tried to jump out of the way but the beams were already frying his circuits.
Warning. Sanjuuro leg medaparts 100% damage. Function ceased.
"Totalizer's beam canons are some of the strongest medaparts around. They make up for slow charge speed with power. Not even your seeker missiles can match up to them!" Chidori smiled.
"Interesting. So you think you can win because of one lucky shot huh? I think the babies need some time out!"
"Just shut up you hag!" Samantha yelled rudely. "We don't care what you think! Peppercat, lightning jump!" Peppercat picked herself up off the floor and charged at the Gun-Nose again.
"Gun-Gatling attack," Kenneth said. Gun-Nose's Gatling gun started rotating rapidly. Gun-Nose aimed at Peppercat and let loose a volley of laser bullets. Peppercat effortlessly stepped around them all. She flew around them all like a ballet dancer at times, obviously a few tricks from Samantha. "You, you you're really starting to tick me off," Kenneth snarled. "Gun-Nose, finish off the kitty with two seeker missiles!"
"Krosserdog, now!" Krosserdog grabbed Gun-Nose from behind in a Master lock.
"What?" Kenneth shouted incredulous.
"I told Krosserdog to play dead after getting hit so that you could focus on Peppercat and Totalizer, and then used them to make a come-back. I also got him to shut down and run on emergency power so that you would think he was done for. Once I could strike, BAM! Not much for strategy, but it works on guys who are over-confident, like you!" Samantha looked at Spyke and nodded her head.
It looks like Spyke will actually do something good for once!
"Totalizer, Tyranno laser!" Totalizer's visor started glowing bright green. Totalizer looked at Gun-Nose who was now desperately firing seeker missiles everywhere to get the monkey/dog off his back.
A huge V shaped laser beam shot out of Totalizer's visor and smashed into Gun-Nose. Krosserdog let go at the last second, but still got the burn of the beam. Both Gun-Nose and Krosserdog collapsed to the floor.
"Now, Peppercat, finish this off!" Peppercat dashed towards Gun-Nose with lightning streaming from her paws. Peppercat brought her open hand forward. A metallic crunch was heard across the battleground along with sparks crackling. Peppercats eyes widened as she saw the red butterfly, Redlace, blocking the attack without as much as a scratch.
"It looks like I have to join in too," Chidori said, resigned. "All right Redlace, go!" Redlace grabbed Peppercat's arm and tossed her into Krosserdog who was just getting up.
"Totalizer, fire at will!" Totalizer aimed his huge canons at Redlace.
"Redlace, disrupt them!" Redlace's arms shot out two tiny grenades. They clattered next to Totalizer and exploded, sending electricity everywhere. Totalizer ignored the lightning and fired. His canons swelled up and exploded right there on the spot, sending tiny pieces of shrapnel everywhere the way a grenade does.
Right arm 100% damage. Functions ceased.
Left arm 95% damage.
"Totalizer!" Bits and pieces of twisted metal lay scattered across the ground with melted wires inside them. "Wha-wha-wha-what just happened?" Sloan stammered. "What was that?"
"I dunno," Spyke said. His face was as pale as a sheet of paper. "But I don't want Krosserdog to be turned to a hot-dog. Take her out now before she messes with us!"
"Right boss," Krosserdog barked back as he got up again. This time I've gotta aim. My Krosserdog parts are slightly weaker than the Cyandog ones I had, but the aim is way better. If I can just focus... Krosserdog brought up his battle rifle and aimed at Redlace. All right, here goes!
"Redlace, disrupt him too!" Redlace's wrists folded back and shot out two hand grenades. Krosserdog fired just then, sending the two shots speeding towards Redlace. The grenade and rifle bullet met in the middle, sending sparks everywhere as the bullets pierced the grenades. The medawatches scrambled for a few seconds along with anything else electric. The two bullets kept going though, and drilled themselves hard into Redlace's shoulders.
Redlace left arm critical. 100% damage. Functions ceased. Krosserdog right arm 50% damage.
Krosserdog's arms started sparking up. He waved his arms around trying to stop it but ended up electrocuting his legs instead, sending him to the ground.
"Ahh, Krosserdog!" Spyke screamed.
"Sanjuuro, quick flash slash attack!" A blinding white light flashed through the air. The Screws covered their eyes from the blinding, all penetrating, light. When they looked again, Krosserdog's monkey medal was on the ground.
"No way, we didn't even here the medal eject," Samantha said, wide eyed. "We couldn't even see him move."
"You like it? A little 'trick of the light'," Zoro said with a tiny half smile. "All right Sanjuuro, round two,"
"Peppercat, stop him!" Peppercat yowled like a cat and with renewed energy, leaped towards Sanjuuro.
"Gun-Nose, Gun-Magnum attack," Kenny shouted into his medawatch.
"Totalizer, use the last of your left arm and intercept Gun-Nose," Sloan shouted. Totalizer, with some trouble, managed to pick up his left arm and aimed at Gun-Nose who was happily blasting away at Peppercat. Peppercat was fighting with Sanjuuro on equal grounds. None of the shots hit Peppercat, but a lot of them got close to Sanjuuro.
"Hey, careful!" Chidori screamed at Kenny.
"I don't see you fighting much," Kenneth shot back. Chidori shrugged her shoulders.
"Ah whatever. Redlace, disrupters!" Redlace shot the two grenades again.
"Peppercat, grab the EMP's and get rid of them. Toss them as far away as you can! As long as Totalizer's canons work, we've won!" Peppercat sprang forward to grab the grenades, but Sanjuuro grabbed her ankle and slammed her into the ground. The EMP's exploded exactly when Totalizer fired his beam canon. The beam went way off course, flying off to the sky. His left arm didn't even explode like last time. It quite simply sparked once or twice, and then went limp. The part darkened until the colours were a dull grey.
Left arm 100% damage. Caution is advised.
"Well boss, what now? They've got us outnumbered. Totalizer can't use his attacks without getting blown sky high and Peppercat can't fight Gun-Nose and Sanjuuro at the same time."
"I'm sorry boss," Spyke cut in. "I tried my best! Krosserdog just couldn't take anymore! I..."
"Shut up Spyke!" Samantha screamed. "You tried your best and that's it! A loss is a loss and you couldn't have lost any better! So suck it up! We haven't lost yet..."
Wow, the boss can even make me feel good about losing, Spyke thought to himself. I'm glad to be a part of this gang! But now it's up to the boss and Sloan. Don't lose guys!
"I've been struck by a brilliant wave of genius," Samantha declared.
"What is it boss?" Sloan asked, hope filling his always shut eyes.
"Sloan, get Totalizer right up close to Sanjuuro and then curl into defence mode."
"Ok boss, you hear her Totalizer, get to Sanjuuro. Redlace can't fight so ignore her and don't pay attention to Gun-Nose, even when he's chipping away your armour!"
"Right," Totalizer replied.
"It's Sink or Swim buddy."
"Right,"
"It's just like last year at the Championships. Either you break through their defences, or they tear you to pieces. It's all or nothing!"
"Right!" Totalizer shot forward at 20 miles per hour, pretty fast for a Tortoise type medabot. Gun-Nose blasted him with all three of his guns at once, but to no avail. Sanjuuro brought his sword back, preparing to fight.
"Not so fast," Peppercat growled, Peppercat pounced on Sanjuuro and grabbed his sword. While sending 1000v of electricity through his arm, she snapped the sword clean in half. The lightning finished off the job of shutting down his arm. Totalizer just kept coming until he was a few metres away. He popped most of the upper half of his body into his tank like legs, leaving out only his head and shoulders. His arms were twisted and tucked into his metallic shell as well. He kept going towards Sanjuuro.
"I see," Chidori said knowingly. "You used Totalizer's huge frame as a living battering ram. Gun-Nose isn't strong enough to stop something like that from crushing him so he has to avoid it. And then you broke Sanjuuro's sword so that he can't cut Totalizer in half with the quick flash. Then for good measure, you made Peppercat pin Sanjuuro down so that he can't escape. After all, what are one of Peppercat's arms and Totalizer's legs, to Sanjuuro's whole body? Just to finish off, you let Totalizer's arms break so that they could dislocate and easily fit inside his shell, something Totalizer isn't designed to do. I admit, you're all stronger than I thought. Too bad you didn't think about this though!"
Sanjuuro managed to free his left arm from Peppercat's grasp and faced the rolling Turtle-tank. He brought up his fist and sent it crashing into Totalizer's exposed head. Totalizer's neck snapped back with a loose wire escaping somewhere. His legs lifted off of the floor. His head darkened. For an unknown moment, time stayed still, Totalizer hanging in the air with a fist in his face. Everyone held their breath in, not wanting to disturb the warrior moment. Then, time flowed.
100% damage. Functions ceased.
Totalizer bounced backwards three times on the ground, his head dragging on the floor at 10 miles per hour before twisting in the air and landing on his side, rolling sideways until he came to a standstill against a street light.
"No, Totalizer," Sloan said before lowering his head. Samantha looked back at the gang. Gun-Nose aimed his Gatling gun at Peppercat and peppered her with laser bullets. Peppercat just barely escaped intact before Redlace grabbed Peppercat behind her back so that her belly stuck out. Sanjuuro shot towards Peppercat with his hammer fist held behind him preparing to punch.
"Close call. You nearly had us there, but Totalizer isn't meant to do that. He might be a Turtle, but his parts can't fit inside his shell. If you're going to try that move again, make sure you cover his head as well as his stomach. You never had a chance with such amateur tactics! I guess we'll be taking those medals of yours now!"
These guys are good, Samantha thought to herself. I can't take out the whole team without sacrificing Peppercat's body. Peppercat can handle Gun-Nose because his huge weapons slow him down. Its aim also isn't up to scratch. Redlace's weapons aren't effective enough to scramble Peppercat's lightning but Sanjuuro's fist is way too scary. If I could only...
"Transport, Metal Beetle!" Everyone turned their heads to see who shouted out. A ball of electricity crackled in front of Henry. An old KBT type medabot appeared in front of them.
Metal-Beetle: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Henry
Specialty: Rifle tactics
Signature: Seeker Missiles
He looked almost exactly like Kantaroth or Metabee's old body. He was more like a combination of the both of them. He was blockier than Metabee, but smoother than Kantaroth. The black extensions on his shoulders had a yellow dot painted on each one and he was a darker shade of yellow. Henry was holding a phone up to his face.
Thank you for downloading the medawatch application. Enjoy!
"All right Metabee, we're stopping this right now," Henry shouted with a glint in his eyes.
"You cannot interfere with an official robattle!" Mr Referee opposed.
"What's more important, the medals that will be lost or the rules?" Henry yelled back.
"The medals, but rules must be followed!"
"Fine then, if I join the Screws it's legal, right?"
"I suppose you could call it a team robattle so..."
"Right, Samantha, I join!"
"What?" Samantha screamed.
"But now it's four on one!"
"Only three medawatches allowed?"
"Yes," Mr Referee said.
"Alright, Spyke, toss me your medawatch," Henry demanded. Spyke hastily unstrapped his medawatch and tossed it towards Henry. Henry caught it and strapped it around his phone which he could use as a medawatch. "Anything left to say now?" Mr Referee just smiled slightly.
He's really grown up from before, but he still acts like the same. Now I think of it, he was a lot like Ikki! Henry brought the phone up to his face.
"Meta-bee, charge in and blast that phony! Gun-Nose can't beat us!" Meta-bee's parts creaked as if they hadn't been oiled in years as he moved his stiff joints. He looked at Gun-Nose and in flash, started off at a sprint.
"Stop it! Kenny, do something," Chidori squealed.
"Tch, that thing's G, it can't harm Gun-Nose," Kenny complacently replied. Gun-Nose brought up his Gatling gun and sprayed Meta-bee with bullets. The shells harmlessly bounced off of Meta-bee's body. "What? What kind of armour does it have? Yo, use the Gun-Missile!" Gun-Nose aimed his huge horns at Meta-bee and sent two green and red missiles at him. His horns looked like they exploded as Gun-Nose's head was concealed in a cloud of smoke. The two rockets swerved around the car park crazily before finding its target.
"Meta-bee, charge forty percent meda-energy and prepare yourself." Meta-bee momentarily flashed green before the missiles reached him. They flew right towards his open hand... and just stopped there. Meta-bee held the weapons in between his fingers as if he had just caught a ball.
"What the... He caught the seeker missiles! I repeat: he caught the seeker missiles!" Zoro looked away from the battlefield, knowing he had lost already and Chidori's mouth opened wide in disbelief. Henry just smiled.
"You can't hope to beat us like that," Henry said with a small half smile. "All right Meta-bee, show them who's boss!" Meta-bee started off again. Gun-Nose started firing his huge rifle again, each time never hitting his target. Meta-bee sidestepped each one easily. Sanjuuro stepped in front of Gun-Nose, trying to protect him. "Meta-bee, toss rocket number one!" Meta-bee jumped ten feet into the air and tossed one of the missiles at Sanjuuro. Sanjuuro just barely managed to cover his face before the missile exploded on his arms. Damage points kept adding up on Zoro's medawatch.
20% damage. Chain reaction, 20% damage. Chain reaction, 20% damage...
"Why won't it stop? That missile was Gun-Nose's right? His missiles were never that strong, so why is it so devastating now?" Zoro stared hard at Meta-bee who had tossed the second missile at Redlace. This guy isn't a normal medafighter, he thought to himself. Henry was busy making idiotic poses as if he was some kind of superhero.
"All right, time for the finisher. Behold the power of the sun! The pillar of fire! It's... the Prominence!" Everyone looked at him with a confused expression. Henry looked around him. "What? What did I say?" Even his Meta-bee looked back at him.
"Henry? Are you alright?" Meta-bee asked in a concerned tone of voice.
"What's wrong? Oh no! I-I-I-I mean the seeker missiles! Not the Prominence. I mean, what was I thinking, heh-heh, the Prominence? I was, uh, um, trying to be like Space Medafighter X! Yeah, he's my hero! Use the, uh, super charged, um, thingy. The, eh, Galactic attack! The seeker missiles!" Meta-bee's eyes half closed in a look that said you can't be serious...
Meta-bee turned towards Gun-Nose who was shooting more Gatling bullets at him. He shot two missiles out of his horns almost lazily. They sailed towards Gun-Nose and struck true. Everybody heard the clatter of a medal hitting the pavement.
Gun-Nose, functions ceased. Redlace, functions ceased. Sanjuuro paralysed with fear. Unable to safely continue.
"The leader of the team, Redlace's functions have ceased! The winner is, Peppercat, Krosserdog, Totalizer and Metal Beetle!" Henry exhaled the breath he had been holding.
That was way too close for comfort. I hope that was the right thing to do. What about the store...
"Ahhh! My store!" There were potholes in the pavement in seemingly random places and a few bins were upturned with the garbage spilling out of it. The actual store had cracks all over it and had graffiti written Team Fiyun rock! Next to it was a Peppercat shaped dent in the wall "Aw man, the boss will have a cow when he sees this! Noooooo!"
Samantha walked towards the boss of Team Fiyun.
"Alright, now that you know who we are, scram! And tell everyone you know to fear us!"
"Whatever. It's not like you even did anything."
"What?" Samantha exclaimed.
"It was all that nerd's work. You were on the brink of defeat!"
"That's just because you didn't have the time to see Peppercat's ultimate technique! The one I'd been working on!"
"Eh, I guess I might as well spill the beans as to why I'm here in the first place. Do you want a hint?" Chidori glared at Samantha. "After all, you are the boss." Samantha stared right back.
"I'm not scared of you!"
"You will be when you look up," Chidori said pointing to the sky. Samantha looked up and instantly froze to the spot. Even the bead of sweat was too scared to drop to the ground.
"What's wrong boss?" Spyke asked, not seeing it yet. Samantha couldn't beleive she hadn't noticed it earlier. She couldn't beleive Spyke hadn't noticed it. She couldn't move anymore. She needed to run but she was rooted to the floor.
"Spyke... RUN!"
It just has to end there doesn't it? But the show must go on! R 'n R, Read and review, whatever you must call it! My goal is to write the best fic possible, but I need reviews to know. Until next time people!
If any of you have ideas for medafighters you want included in this story, PM their appearance, medabots, and personality. Their background (If you want) and anything else. I want to include other people in the making of this fic. PM me your medafighter ASAP. You'll see why!
More Medabots, more power!