Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Unleash the Shadow Sword! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5: Unleash The Shadow Sword!

Chapter 5: Unleash the Shadow Sword!
Ikki stared in disbelief at the wreckage before him. At least 50 medabots strewn before him, top class each and every one of them. All of them were destroyed in an instant without so much as a sweat breaking. Ikki tried to order his thoughts about what just happened.
Windstorm fell from the skies onto a bear trap. Metabee's arm parts disengaged from all the abuse, leaving nothing but his tin-pet skeleton. Ikki though it was all over.
"Shadow sword, go!" A yellow flash ripped through the air and all the medabots on Metabee suddenly split in half. Another cut and Windstorm's assailants all flew off of her. Attack-Tyranno looked around frantically for the attacker. Suddenly, it was right in front of him. It was a yellow medabot with two claws on his right arm and a massive hammer with bolts in it on the left. The medabot brought his left arm up and punched Attack-Tyranno''s face, cracking his visor. All at once, the enemy medabots ejected their medals. The sound of cascading medals barraged everyone's ears like a metallic waterfall. Koji Karakuchi stepped forward. "Is this how you treat guests? Father would never allow this behaviour to go unpunished! How much do you like your wages as they are?" Koji walked over to his yellow medabot.
"Are you OK Exor?"
Metabee looked on with a distant look in his artificial eyes. They had changed to a bright purple. Windstorm gritted her teeth at the sight of Exor. Ikki looked towards Koji for answers but none were given. Windstorm looked up at Ikki.
"There aren't many Kilobots with human emotions are there," she said as more of a statement than a question.
"No. Only big companies can afford neo-ex medals and they sold out the day they were put on market. There can only be another emotionless kilobot in there as those are the only ones sold."
"But didn't the boss shut down the company?"
"Yeah but all the smaller organizations still produce them. A normal medal can't be in there either because any other medal would go crazy in a medabot like that. It sends pain directly to the medal. It's no problem for an ex-medal which has no emotion but Sumilidon would go nuts."
"Sumilidon..." Metabee said softly to himself. Ikki turned towards Metabee who was faintly glowing green. "He got rid of Sumilidon for a kilobot..." Koji turned from cleaning off the dust from the kilobot, having heard nothing of the conversation. A slight smile spread across his face.
"Ikki, long time no see. Looks like Metabee got an upgrade. I'm surprised you could even afford those. Why don't you step inside?" Metabee ignored Koji and slowly walked towards the Exor. Ikki stood up and stared hard at Koji, as if hoping the daggers in his eyes would actually stab through Koji. Koji shifted uncomfortably. "Yo, are you ok man? Why are you staring at me like that? It's freaking me out." Metabee slowly walked over to Sumilidon. After five seconds he erupted in a flare of green light. Ikki wasn't in any mental condition to stop as even he was flaring in rage. Koji visibly paled for a split second before his face was hidden beneath a blank emotionless mask, staying composed even as Metabee started speaking.
"You seriously got rid of Sumilidon for that?" His voice was ice cold and dripping with malice. Koji remained calm, although a bead of sweat was seen dropping down the side of his head. "You replaced Sumilidon with an emotionless kilobot who can't even feel the thrill of battle. Your robattle partner with a soul like no other. You're not a medafighter, you're a meda-flop, a meda-failure," Metabee snarled using the same line he told Ikki long ago as the memory returned to him. The energy around Metabee waxed and waned with the pitch of his voice. An unearthly wind started howling through the trees, changing from a tickling, threatening breeze to a howling tempest, and back to a breeze in a matter of seconds. The wind would occasionally snap at his words, twisting them to sound otherworldly and alien. Ikki stepped forward to be equal to Metabee.
"I can't believe you Koji, you're not the same medafighter who left town with Karin. You're not even a medafighter anymore to replace Sumilidon. You were lucky to find such a powerful medabot, and such a close friend..." Metabee's green energy flared up brighter than ever. In unison they spoke.
"We will never forgive you!" Trees flew back. Windstorm stepped back, fear filling her medal. She tried flying away but something stopped her. Her feat stayed firmly rooted to the ground. She was stuck, witnessing as Koji turned whiter than a sheet of paper. He kept shouting something but the tempest tore the words from his mouth before he could speak them. Occasionally she heard small snatches of words such as "He's not... Listen to... Sumili..." She didn't care. She was begging her parts to respond but she just wouldn't budge.
No way! Metabee's not ready for the medaforce yet! He'll die like that! I promised Miss Nae I'd look after him but all I'm doing is watching the two fools. Idiots! She panicked for a while longer and looked at the kilobot. Even he appeared to be jumping around shouting something. No way she thought. Kilobots don't have emotions. Or any kind of reasonable thought. He can't be unless... Finally hardening her resolve to save Metabee, She took to the skies, being buffeted at every corner. She flew past over Ikki's head and turned to faced Metabee. Metabee's rage shifted towards her direction and the storm quickly followed his gaze.
"Get out of here! You're gonna die," Metabee screamed at her.
"Windstorm, move before I force you," Ikki said plainly.
"No!" Windstorm cried out into the wind, enhancing her voice like a loudspeaker so that it would go through the storm, and just for good measure, she also spoke through Ikki's medawatch. "Metabee, you might be weak and annoying and act like some kind of bratty little brother, but I promised the boss to look after you. And when I make a promise to the boss, it's more than worth my life!" Windstorm began to glow bright purple. She couldn't use medaforce, but she learnt a trick from Miss Nae that made her look like she was charging it. Hopefully it would surprise Metabee enough for him to let his gaurd down. Metabee however didn't flinch. He just charged it up brighter than ever. Windstorm didn't wait for him to finish charging it up. She charged straight towards Metabee, her right arm morphing into her favourite katana. Her left arm moulded like a very liquid jelly until it rested as a thin purple arm with white rings going around it. She brought her left arm back and punched Metabee square in the chest with it. Metabee didn't seem to feel it. He twisted around, using Windstorm's own momentum to flip her over, tossing her into a nearby tree. She crumpled to the floor, her vision disoriented. Before she could recover, Metabee began firing round after round of bullets into her already damaged frame. She cried out in agony every time a bullet hit one of her scratches from the Air Pteras. She felt her vision flicker as she slowly shut down. Her pain sensors shut down completely, blocking out all the pain she was feeling. She let her eyes shut off slowly.
"Sumilidon, shadow sword!" A yellow flash tore through the air before the kilobot appeared in front of Windstorm, deflecting every bullet with his sword arm. He risked a glance behind him at Windstorm while Metabee reloaded.
"Don't worry, you're safe now. Just rest."
"So you really aren't a kilobot," Windstorm said weakly.
"No. It's the same Sumilidon. I just wish Metabee would listen as well." Koji's previous discomfort disappeared and a smug grin spread across his face.
"Sumilidon, get up close past Metabee. There is no way you can touch him while the medaforce is active. Grab Ikki's medawatch and smash it. From then you will have two seconds to get to Metabee because he'll lose focus seeing the watch break, but any longer than that and he'll go ballistic!" Sumilidon, or Exor, sprinted forward into the eye of the storm, Metabee. He charged headlong into it before being assaulted by a hail of bullets. "Sumilidon, cut past it, extreme shadow sword!" Sumilidon began glowing bright green.
"Prepare yourself Metabee, medaforce!" An enormous blast ripped through the air as Similidon released the attack. The sheer size of the attack dwarfed even the Zorin's attack from that day, tossing up dirt as it made its way towards Metabee. It travelled until it was just inches away from Metabee's face before vanishing in the wind as suddenly as it appeared. But Sumilidon was already gone. He appeared in front of Ikki like a ghost out of a nightmare, snatching the medawatch from Ikki's wrist. Ikki fell over backwards, his face landing a millimetre away from a thin trip wire. Metabee's concentration faltered for a fraction of a second and the raging cyclone around him drifted away. Sumilidon disappeared into the shadows caused from the buildings. Metabee flared up again.
"Come out you stupid junkbot! I'll take you all on..." Metabee froze up completely as to claws were protruding through his stomache. His eyes grayed over and the storm stopped completely. The claws were yanked out of Metabee's back as he fell to the floor. Ikki got up from the ground to see Metabee. He stared at the medawatch he still had.
Head medapart 80% damage. Torso damage.
Leg medapart 50% damage.
Sumilidon stood in front of Metabee.
"I'M NOT A KILOBOT!" He screamed at him.
"Oh, really? My bad..."
. . .
They all stood inside Koji's bedroom. For someone so rich, he had a pretty plain looking room. It was pretty simple, the walls had pictures of medabots of all kinds, but was dominated by the same series as Sumilidon, both kilobot and medabot. But you definitely could see wealth when you saw the bed. The bed was probably the length of Karen's signature pink limousine and on the opposite side was a plasma screen T.V. Next to the T.V set was a large glass container with Sumilidon's old body inside. There were dents and scratches all over the hammer fist and one of the claws were missing but otherwise, it looked as if it was cared for and polished every single day.
"Whoa, check out the T.V," Metabee said, staring at the T.V like a peice of steak. "Every serious crib has a plasma screen. Guaranteed!"
"Not every mansion, tin-can," Windstorm said, annoyed at how childish Metabee was acting. "It's like you've never seen a T.V before!"
"Yea every mansion has a plasma! Watch teen cribs some time."
"Genius, not every crib has a plasma screen," Windstorm cut in.
"Straight up every crib has a plasma!"
"So you wanna bet right?"
"That's right!"
"Ok, if the next fifty cribs have plasma screens, then I give you all my medaparts. But if even one has no plasma, then I can keep you're medal, and you'll be my medabot."
"No way! I can't use girl medaparts and I won't be your slave!"
"What genius, you're afraid you'll lose?"
"Not a chance! If I win, you give me cash. If you win, I give you cash. Deal?"
"Deal!"
"But you know, I'm still stronger than you by far."
"What? Just try me tin-can and we'll see who rocks..."
Ikki completely ignored them and faced Koji.
"Hey Koji, It's been a long time since we last met, right?" Koji went over to the massive bed and sat down while Ikki kept talking next to the jar containing Sumilidon's body. "But why are you here anyways? Don't you and Karen normally only come on holidays?
"Yeah, It's pretty complicated. I'll explain it all later. But that's not what you came to ask, is it?" Ikki faked an offended look.
"What, you don't even trust your friends to come and say hi?"
"Please, if you were saying hi, then you wouldn't have tried sneaking in or breaking down the gate. Spit it out!" Ikki looked at his toes as if ashamed to say what he needed said.
"Ok. This is kinda weird asking someone weaker than me for advice..."
"Weaker?" Koji got up a bit and brought his medawatch up to his face as if preparing for a robattle. Ikki ignored him and continued.
"But I met this weird medafighter the other day. He had a super strong KWG type medabot that wiped the floor with everyone it met. We robattled him and he completely destroyed us. He nearly destroyed Metabee's medal. His medal degenerated to an egg level and he can't even use the medaforce anymore.
"What? First, that can even happen? Second, Metabee scared me half to death back there and yet he couldn't even use the medaforce?" Ikki looked to the ground, ashamed at having tricked his friend like that.
"Well we thought if we could scare you just enough... Anyway, he beat us, but we almost beat him. Whenever we fought he was always way faster than Metabee and we couldn't touch him. Whenever we did get close enough to damage him, he just defended with an ability his parts shouldn't have. He could heal, create shields, lay turrets, increase his speed, pretty much everything which other types could do. By the time we actually did harm him, we were already well spent.
"A good thing though, was that during it all, I finally figured out how to beat him."
"Well, what is it?"
"I need," Ikki hesitated. Could he really do it? After two seconds of indecision, he hardened his resolve. "I need you to teach me the shadow sword!" Koji closed his eyes for at least a minute, contemplating whether the secrets of the shadow sword could be given out to Ikki, his worst enemy of all people. He finally opened his eyes.
"Give me a good reason to teach this to you. Why would you need this move?"
"This guy is a complete jerk! He kept destroying medabots until someone would tell him where you were. It was disgusting! Medabots were lying on the floor damaged way beyond repair. Metabee couldn't even move right and he still attacked! This would be bad enough, but he was smiling at every medabot he crushed. I can't let him go!"
"That's right," Metabee butted in. "That arrogant little punk didn't even care when his own medabot was trashed. If he thinks he can beat me twice in a row he's even more cocky than me! And that, Metabee doesn't like."
"Explains why I don't like you all too much either," Windstorm interrupted.
"Hey, I took you out, twice! So you can't say a word!" Leaving them to argue, Ikki continued.
"As for the shadow sword, I'm not telling you why I need it yet, just come and watch when the time comes. But if I want to beat that guy then I need to know how to use the shadow Sword!" Koji glared at Ikki.
"The Shadow sword requires weeks of vigorous practise to learn, and months to master, all of which Space Medafighter X crammed into me in a matter of hours. Once you start, you will not be able to eat, sleep or drink until it is done. Are you up to the challenge?"
"More than up to it!" Ikki yelled.
"Hmm-hmm that's right," agreed Metabee.
"Yeah, me and the tin-can can handle it," concluded Windstorm.
"You will need to know the basics of kendo before you can begin. That could prolong the training even more."
"I used to do fencing; I think I can handle it without extra classes!" Ikki exclaimed.
"I'm die hard so, yeah," Metabee said.
"Do you have to ask me if all I use are swords?" Windstorm said, getting annoyed at it all.
"Then fine. But don't wimp out on me like a common peasent," Koji said, a slight smile spreading across his face. "Call your mum and tell her you're sleeping over. This could take hours." Ikki exhaled the breath he had been holding. Metabee jumped into the air screaming "All right!" Windstorm sat cross legged in the air with a content look in her eyes. Koji put his hand up in the air for silence. "But you aren't getting sympathy from me, slacker. Get to work! To the gardens, double time! Move!"
. . .
"All right Ikki, show me what you've got!" Ikki stood four meters away from Koji Karakuchi. Koj was wearing a simple Karate gii with a cream coloured tunic-thing and blue pants. Ikki was wearing a white jump suit that fencer often use but without the helm. Koji used a standard kendo stick while Ikki had a specialised wooden stick designed for fencing, but not as flexible so he could defend himself from Koji's weapon. It just meant that Ikki's weapon could do just as much damage as Koji's. Ikki readied himself. He straightened himself and held his mock sword with one hand, pointing somewhere between Koji and the sky. He stood sideways with his right sword arm towards Koji while his left hand was behind his back. Koji stood with his body facing Ikki, legs apart with his right leg facing forwards in front of his body. A thin stream of sweat trickled down the side of Ikki's head. Sumilidon was busy training Windstorm similarily and Metabee stood watching Ikki and Koji. He might have lost his memories, but Ikki was still his medafighter.
Or I can at least pretend he's my medafighter, Metabee thought mischeviously. I'm my own medafighter! Ikki stared at Koji's emotionless face. His expression was blsnk, but his eyes had a determination in them that Ikki only saw in the strongest of medafighters. They stared like that for a minute, waiting for someone to betray an inch of action. Koji's eyes narrowed.
Now's my chance, Ikki thought, charging at Koji, intending to stab him in the gut. Koji gracefully dodged to one side tripping Ikki on the tip of his sword. Just before Ikki hit the floor, Koji rapped him hard on the top of his head, slamming Ikki's chin into the ground.
"You're pretty quick, for a tortoise wearing lead shoes maybe!" Ikki growled at Koji's mocking remarking and got to his feet to cut across Koji's chest. Koji easily ducked under the attack and rammed his shoulder into Ikki's exposed gut. Ikki stepped back just in time and cleared the distance between them.
My style is best at a distance. He can't touch me from here. Ikki attacked with a barrage of rapid stabs, hoping to disorient Koji enough to get a hit in, but Koji just parried or dodged every single one.
"Your style is weak, a battle is only meant to last a split second. Like this!" Koji knocked Ikki's sword away as if it were a fly, and then disappeared into the shadows. Ikki looked around frantically for Koji before he felt a searing, mind numbing pain across his back. He fell down on one knee as the pain kept increasing intensity. Koji appeared in front of Ikki's vision, a slight smile on his face. "That is the power of the shadow sword. Your sword is weak and you don't even know how to use your method of fighting to the best of its potential. You should just stick to robattles. But I can say, you did well for a newbie. You deserve to learn the Shadow Sword!" Ikki smiled weakly, happy that he had succeded, but annoyed at getting wiped out so easily.
"Hey Ikki! Way to go man! You did it! Yeah!" Metabee was cheering at the news from his seat. Ikki's smile widened, but only slightly. Ever since Metabee got his medal repaired he's occasionally acted nicer. It wasn't much of a difference, but Ikki could notice. It was kind of nice, but Ikki couldn't help feeling a twang of regret.
"Thanks Metabee," Ikki said weakly.
"You rocked! Well, apart from the beating, and the bruises you took, and how he made you look pathetic again, and again, and again. But that doesn't matter when you consider how you sucked already!" Ikki's eyes flared up in rage as he mustered all his will to hold back his fist, literally grabbing it with his other arm.
It's still Metabee all right! But on second thought, maybe a change would have actually been better. Or even death!
"Hey tin-can, I don't see you doing better," an obnoxious voice said behind a clump of trees. Windstorm emerged, bruised and battered with her favourite katana snapped in half. The white and blue sleeve that came with it was torn and shredded. She didn't have her usual energy with her. Her eyes had turned a darker shade of purple and if she was a human, they would have been sunken into her head with exhaustion.
"Whoa, what happened to you?" Metabee asked, more politely than he would have normally.
"Sumilidon happened. That's what."
. . .
Everything in a forest becomes strangely twisted and exaggerated at night. Shadows appear, stretching far more than should be possible. The trees drooped and stretched, attempting to tear the skin off of whosoever gets near them. They looked to have an evil grin across there bark, like disfigured bark. A threatening fog hung over the air as it suffocated all it ensnared, or made them think they were being suffocated. Strange sounds could be heard all around, as twigs snapped and owls hooted. Ikki lay on the floor breathing heavily as he caught his breath. A snake slithered right in front of his face and stared at him. It flicked its tongue out of its mouth, tasting the air for prey, then resumed its journey.
Ikki stood up on shakey legs. Koji looked down on him, holding a stopwatch while Sumilidon held a bunch of apples. Windstorm sat on a tree stump watching.
"Ok Ikki, one more try. You've nearly got it," Koji said
"Right, here goes!" Sumilidon tossed all the apples into the air while Koji pressed down on the stopwatch. Ikki jumped into the air, the katana he was holding gleaming from the moons light. A flash of light burnt everyones eyes. A split second later, all the apples fell from the sky split in half. One was even cut into eights. Ikki landed on the floor panting heavily.
"Thirty apples in one second, on the dot. Not good enough to be called the Shadow Sword but pretty impressive."
"Not good enough?" Ikki asked dejectedly.
"Nope. You just aren't working hard enough. Do it three times as fast! Now!"
"But you said one more try!"
"I lied to get you moving. Now go!" Sumilidon tossed yet another batch of apples. Throughout the night, all that was heard was either Koji yelling at Ikki or Windstorm getting beaten by Sumilidon.
"One second again. Go... One second fifty. You're slower! Go... ninety five milliseconds. Not bad, go..."
. . .
Ikki stepped into his own home. His whole body ached and throbbed and each movement sent a wave of fresh pain to the limb that was moved. Metabee kept grumbling about not doing anything and Windstorm lagged a bit behind, floating in the air. Mrs Tenryou looked up from the ironing she was doing.
"Ikki, you're back! How was the sleepover? Was it fun?" Ikki let loose a huge smile that spread across his face from ear to ear.
"It was great mom," Ikki said, even though he was half dead by the time he was done training. He wasn't even sure if the training had paid off. Mrs Tenryou looked around Ikki and saw Metabee and Windstorm.
"It looks like Metabee's back. I'm glad he recovered. And who's your new friend? Metabee, is this your girlfriend?"
"NO!" Metabee and Windstorm yelled together, a slight tinge of red showing beneath their cheeks (which should be impossible with Medabots being made of metal with no blood, but I guess there would be a tiny machine underneath their faces for such moments).
"She's not my girlfriend," Metabee said, getting all worked up.
"Yeah, I don't even like tin-can, how could we get together?" Windstorm shouted angrily.
"Ok, just asking. I hope you won't run off like that again though. Right Ikki?"
"Uh..." Ikki looked away scratching his head.
"Oh no, where are you going this time?"
"Just to the police station. Nothing serious you know, heh heh..."
"No, not this time. You need rest and I will put my foot down, right..." Ikki had already sprinted out of the room before he could be caught, leaving behind Windstorm's medaparts.
. . .
The Select corps' base of operations was pretty much like any other police station. Filled with cops. Ikki felt nervous walking around them when just the other day he blew up half of the park but it had to be done. Ikki entered the near spotless building. Metabee was close behind him the whole time. Ikki didn't know when it happened, but suddenly Metabee wouldn't let him touch his medal again so he couldn't be left at home and be transported later. Windstorm was more than happy to be left behind though, as long as she didn't have to see Metabee's face she was always fine. He kept her medal with him though. He would need her later.
Ikki walked up to the receptionist who was busy filing her nails and talking on the phone. It didn't sound like anyone important was on the phone, unless boyfriends are.
"Excuse me, miss, has a weird kid with blue hair covering his face come through here anytime?" The receptionist looked up from the desk.
"I'll call you right back, my little teddy bear!" The receptionist addressed Ikki this time after hanging up. "I'm sorry, what did you say? A kid with shaggy hair right? He came in with a bunch of cops. He was holding a bunch of destroyed beetle medaparts. He went that way." She pointed towards a door to her left. Ikki thanked her and went on. He took two steps before the lady caught his wrist. "Hold on, who allowed you to go? If this guy's a friend of yours than you'll just have to wait out here.
"But I need to..."
"What's your name kid? Wha's your ranking?"
"I'm Ikki Tenryou, world's second strongest medafighter and this is Metabee."
"Tenryou? Ikki Tenryou? Oh I'm sorry for interrupting you, please, step right this way. Heh heh heh... Sorry for stoping you, I, um... Mistook you! Yeah that's right... Mistook you, hey?" Metabee looked at her sceptically.
"Yo, I know we're famous, even though I can't remember, but that's not a good enough reason to open the place is it?"
"Of course not, I mean... Yes it is, heh heh, just, go. Shoo, I mean... Please go, ha," The receptionist marched them out of the room to the door. The door slammed shut behind them. The pair looked at eachother, shrugged, and moved on. Everywhere they went, they told the cops or the Select Corps their sir names and they could pass. Eventually they arrived at an interrogation room. The gaurd stopped Ikki, something rare seeing as everyone let him pass.
"Hold it, who let you through? Nobody but the interrogator is allowed past this point. We need to find out where those parts of his came from, and you definitely aren't gonna find out!" Windstorm spoke from Ikki's medawatch.
"Well then, I guess you're not meant to be here,"
"What do you mean?"
"You said, 'nobody but the interrogator is allowed past this point,' so you need to get out!"
"But I'm the gaurd! You can't kick me out!"
"Sorry buddy, as part of the interrogation team of Mr Tenryou, I'm just following orders."
"But, but, but, but,"
"Dude, just go," Metabee said patting the upset policeman roughly on the shoulder. "You've done your job well. Interrogator Tenryou will need his own space to get what we need though.
"Right," the cop choked. "I've done my job well, I'm fine." The gate gaurd handed over the keys to Ikki and walked out dejectedly. Ikki unlocked the gate and stepped inside.
It would be mean if I stopped the chapter right before the showdown with the kid. After all, 4,900 words is my limit. However, just for today, I'll be nice, and give you the fight you've been waiting for! 5,000 words, here I come!
The kid in the centre of the room looked as evil as he ever had. His mangy hair covered his eyes, blocking out whatever laid behind them. His clothes were covered in grime and mud from the last fight he was in. His face had large purple welts all over it from his interrogation. And yet, he was still smiling, as if nothing had happened. Windstorm growled at him from Ikki's medawatch.
"There's something about this guy that I just don't like. I don't know what but I just don't like him."
"For once, I agree with you," Metabee said. "Metabee just don't like that guy."
"That's just because he beat you, and badly too."
"Hey, Metabee doesn't get beaten by nobody!"
"So how come a Windsail nearly thrashed you?"
"Nearly! You hear that, nearly! I just let her wire me so that she felt confident, and then BOOM! Medaforce!"
"And yet your medal turned into an egg. What does that say about you?"
"So you think you're stronger than me?"
"Who cares what I am if you can't even fight a model more outdated and defective than yourself!"
"What? Oh, so it's like that now,"
"You bet it's like that. You've got to show some respect!"
"Respect for your bad breath? I don't think so,"
"Excuse me," The blue haired kid said. "But didn't you come for a robattle?" Ikki and Metabee blinked twice before regaining their composure.
"Yeah, if I win, tell me why you're here. If you win, I leave you to do what you want, no matter how horrible!"
"And of course, our medaparts. I still have your Metabee's old seeker missiles, but I don't need them. They don't match my Zorin. And besides, they were too busted too repair!"
"Enough talk! Transport, Windstorm!"
"It's about time!" Windstorm yelled as her body came into view. Its right arm was already transformed into her katana. Ikki placed her medal inside it and her eyes lit up. Metabee gave the kid his medawatch. The kid stood up from his chair and brought the medawatch up to his face.
"Transport, Zorin, Rox!" Two flashes of light light the whole room up as they appeared, almost twins to eachother. They both looked almost exactly like eachother, except that the Rox was slightly purple and had a smaller hammer. The medawatches flashed with data.
Saikachis (Metabee): Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Ikki
Specialty: Seeker missiles
Signature: Demolition mode
Windstorm: Nae's workshop
Medafighter: Ikki
Specialty: Shadow Sword
Signature: CQC
Zorin: Medabot Corporation/Extreme Tech
Medafighter: Unknown
Specialty: Medaforce
Signature: Ultimate style control
Rox: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Unknown
Specialty: Medachange
Signature: Sky high attack
"Then it's agreed!" The police guard came back to see the commotion, only to rip off all of his clothes... and show it was Mr. Referee in disguise. "I officially declare this a submission robattle! The loser must submit one medapart, for keeps! Medafighters ready? Medabots, robattle!"
"Metabee, chain machinegun on that Rox! Double time! Widstorm, support medapart!" Metabee fired a volley of bullets into the two medabots. They dodged around him effortlessly. Rox zoomed toward Metabee, sword gleaming, despite the lack of light.
"Not so fast," Windstorm interrupted as her arm transformed into a pnk arm with a large stopwatch attached to it. The arms of the clock spun around wildly and suddenly, Metabee disappeared. He showed up again next to Windstorm and fired his rifle, three times in Zorin's face.
"Zorin, monkey to Ox!" Zorin flipped over Windstorm's head and landed behind Metabee. Metabee turned around to fire at him but the Zorin was already charging at him. Zorin rammed his shoulder into Metabee's gut, forcing Metabee to double over in pain before he brought his sword arm up to slash off Metabee's head. It went down to an inch over his neck. Windstorm's watch arm spun rapidly again and Metabee suddenly disappeared. Ikki smiled.
"So long as Windstorm has that arm of hers, Metabee will be way too fast for you to do anything to him! And you can't try take out Windstorm because Metabee will just appear again to blow you to pieces!" As if on cue, Metabee reappeared above the Rox.
"Kiss your bot goodbye!" Metabee screamed, sending to full power seeker missiles into the medabot's face.
"Zorin," The kid began, but Zorin was a step ahead, with his horns glowing blue. The missiles exploded on impact, blowing a hole in the wall to reveal the city outside.
"Ha! You were too late! I was actually faster than you!"
"Those missiles of yours are devastating," The kid said as the dust began to clear. "However, nobody is faster than my Zorin. Not by an inch!" As the dust cloud disappeared, Ikki saw Rox and Zorin in perfect condition. A blue force field surrounded them both. "Now you will see the true power of my KWG type medabots! Zorin, rabbit technique! Negative power leach!" Zorin's horns glowed pink. He pointed his horns towards Metabee and the tips of the horns started glowing white. The tips of Metabee's horns also glowed white for a split second before he suddenly collapsed onto the floor.
"Metabee, what's going on?"
"Ikki, my legs, I can't feel my legs!" The Zorin actually appeared happy.
"Of course you can't feel them. With the negative power leach, I can drain all the speed from your legs. You could heal your legs by sending extra power to them, but you will be nowhere near as fast as before! You'll be back to your snail pace! Ha!" Windstorm snarled.
"Oi, Metabee, what are you doing messing up the boss's plans?"
"It's not my fault I got hit!"
"Whatever, I'll just send you more juice and you'll be gone." The watch started spinning rapidly again.
"Not so fast," the kid said while Zorin aimed his horns at Windstorm. Her watch suddenly slowed to a crawl, while Zorin's legs started shaking. "Thank you for donating your speed to me. As a reward you can get a double dose of pain!" Zorin disappeared in a flash of light.
"Hey, boss, what just happened?" Windstorm said, with a tremble in her voice as Rox also disappeared. Before Ikki could say anything, Rox reappeared behind Windstorm, stabbing her in the back. Windstorm grunted and turned around with rage, the sword arm sliding out of her back.
" So you think you're funny now?" She did a handstand and kicked Rox hard underneath the jaw, launching him into the air. She quickly got back to her feet and shot after him. She went behind him and grabbed his waist. She started rotating along with him the whole way until they started falling again, headfirst to the ground. The two of them became a blur, like a tornado. "Konoha style primary lotus!" She disengaged at the last moment and left him to his doom. He crashed into the ground with his horns getting stuck in the earth.
Head medapart 90% damage. Critical damage. Leg medapart 50% damage.
The Rox pulled his head out of the ground before flopping on the ground again.
"Zorin, full recovery!" The Zorin's horns turned yellow and sparks glittered around them.
"Not so fast. Metabee, demolition mode! Windstorm, interrupt part change!" Windstorm's right arm changed into a yellow arm holding a golden sceptre. Metabee slowly transformed into demolition mode. Windstorm flew over towards Zorin.
"I don't like your antennae, buddy!" She slashed an X across the sky with the Sceptre. The X glowed and burned as if on fire. She then whacked it like a baseball towards Zorin. It fell atop him like a hammer on a forge, plastering him to the floor. His horns turned back to blue. Metabee finished transforming just then.
"Booyah!" Metabee roared as he sent a huge energy ball out of his demolition cannon. The screaming attack crashed into Zorin, sending sparks everywhere.
All medaparts at 50% damage. Caution is advised
Zorin fell to one knee and looked up at Metabee with an unreadable look. His medafighter frowned.
"You're a bit different than last time. You're more sure of yourself than you were when we last fought. You no longer have doubts. That's good. I don't have to worry about injuring your medabot now." Ikki looked at him with anger. Metabee steamed with fury.
"We don't care about that," Ikki said.
"Yeah, that's right. We just wanna robattle!" Metabee finished off as he reverted back to normal.
"I see... Zorin! No more holding back! Rox, get up already!" Rox stood up again and corrected his dented horns. They began glowing green. At once, all the damage on him recovered.
"No way, he can also do that fake horn thing," Metabee said agonized.
"Aw man, I thought we could win," Windstorm remarked, dejectedly.
"Don't worry, I've got a plan," Ikki reassured.
"Right, I trust you Ikkster. Just don't forget the plan again!"
"Thanks Metabee. Now, transform into action mode. Windstorm, last resort!"
"Yeah-yeah!" Ikki exclaimed, transforming at the same time. Windstorm's arm morphed into the katana she usually favoured.
"Now is the time for the Shadow Sword!" Windstorm shut her eyes in concentration and her mechanic hair floated with energy.
"Zorin, Rox, double team rapid slash!" Zorin and Rox split into multiple copies of themselves as they spread around Metabee, circling him.
"We know what your action mode is capable of, so we won't give you a chance to use it! Plus, you aren't very good against air type medabots. You have a bad record with flying medabots. Like maybe Rox? Demolition mode!" All of the Rox clones transformed while moving to go on four legs. The feet had rocket boots attached to them, along with the forelegs. They all flew around him quickly, occasionally scratching bits of his armor off. His machinegun even exploded on his shoulder.
"Yo, Ikki, I can't keep taking hits!"
"I know! Windstorm, hurry up and charge the Shadow Sword!" Windstorm's eyes flashed open, brighter than normal.
"It is done." Windstorm flew up into the sky and rocketed towards the outside wall of clones. Her sword gleamed in the light. She charged into the thick of the wall and spun around like a monster beyblade. Zorin was sent flying through the sky with a shattered visor and a destroyed hammerfist. Windstorm flew up towards Rox who was still in the air.
"Rox, medablast!" Rox charged a crescent shaped blast between his horns and aimed at Windstorm. Windstorm disappeared like a shadow being struck by daylight. It was like she had dissolved into the air. A creping shadow crawled around Rox'x back.
"Rox! Get out of there!" The shadow reformed into Windstorm who cut once across Rox's back. Eight individual slashed were heard after that one cut, all too fast to see, before Rox's parts split up into sixteen separate pieces, revealing only his tin-pet. One large boom spread through the air like a sonic boom.
"No way, she was faster than the speed of sound..." Windstorm charged for Zorin. "Zorin, negative power leach!" Zorin's horns flashed into life as it drained Windstorm's speed, grinding her t a halt.
"No," Metabee wailed. "Now he has the power of the Shadow Sword with that speed."
"Not quite..." Ikki said. The kid smiled.
"I admit, you almost had me there. But you made the mistake of activating it while Zorin could still steal its speed. Zorin, use the Shadow Sword!" Zorin crossed one hundred metres in one second, before passing everyone he was aiming for and slamming into the wall. "What?" The boy shouted, indignant. "Try again!" Zorin tried, but slammed into another nearby building.
"You can't use the Shadow Sword with speed alone. It takes technique."
"But I've seen videos of it loads of times! I know the move inside and out!"
"But can you do it?" The kid looked to the floor, knowing the answer was no. "How can you expect your medabot to do something you aren't prepared to do yourself? You can never use the Shadow Sword!" Windstorm disappeared and reappeared in front of Zorin. They clashed swords.
"That's it, Zorin, medaforce!" Zorin glowed bright purple.
"Not a chance! Windstorm, Shadow Sword! Metabee, demolition mode!" Windstorm darted towards Zorin at mach 2 speeds, but abruptly stopped as if she had crashed into a wall. "No, the medaforce is too thick... Grrr, Metabee, fire at will!" Metabee fired to consecutive blasts at Zorin, but to no avail.
"Just say it boss, we're toast," Windstorm moaned. The sword of Zorin was pointed at Windstorm.
"Your first," Zorin growled menacingly. Metabee crawled next to her in demolition mode.
"Metabee, move. If that thing hits your medal a second time, you're done for."
"And what, you think you can survive? I'm not leaving you to shut down on your own. As the better between us, I need to watch out for you."
"Are you trying to be a hero? Get out stupid!"
"Forget it! Not while I can robattle!" Ikki's medawatch flashed.
Beetle medal medamorphosis. You are now in the caterpillar stage. Good luck!
"Yes," Ikki whispered. "Windstorm, action mode!"
"I don't have action mode!"
"You do now!" Ikki pressed his medawatch. Windstorm transformed against her will into a large ninja shuriken with a spherical bulge in the middle where her parts were. "Place yourself in Metabee's head cannon!"
"Uh, Ikki," Metabee interrupted. "Won't she, I dunno, die?"
"Just go!" Windstorm flew into Metabee's head canon. "Use the medablast!"
"Eat this!" Windstorm cried!
"Kiss your bot goodbye!" Metabee screamed. As one they yelled;
"Medablast!" Zorin also screamed;
"Medaforce!"
Zorins medaforce collided with them at just that instant, destroying the city street and melting cars in the process. Tree's became uprooted from the explosion. Spectators were bowled over as everything was consumed by the blast.
So... What happened? Peace out till then! My hand is in pain from all of this...

Chapter 6: Put the Screws to 'em!


Hey people! Last chapters ending was a bit rushed, there was meant to be a whole lot more happening moments before the medablast attack but I ran out of time and I just HAD to post it then and there. Either way, this chapter will start just moments before the release of the medablast as a result. It will have everything I had missed last time. I appreciate getting any reviews at all guys! Knowing that people actually do care about my fic drives me forward each new day! One thing though, while getting five reviews on a virtually dead forum is pretty good for a beginner; it is still very disappointing compared to some numbers I have seen. Especially since only two people review. Maybe only two people read? But if there are more readers, please review! I need to know how good or not good I am if I want to be an author.
Peace!