Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ocean ❯ Water Chapter 4 New Start ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4 New Start, New Enemies, New Friends
 
“So there are people inside; wonder how old they are…”
 
Ashe continued to scan through the crystal like surface; looking from every angle at the fair sized piece of ice at the people inside. Strangely it was not cold to the touch the block, and she could not understand what exactly this substance was. The train started moving with a loud sound of the engine and wheels scrapping on the tracks, and the hunter looked at Ashe in her curious state. “Looks like you are pretty interested in that huh…?”
 
“We are suppose to be escorting that to The Legion Sage's Trinity… the discovery of these people have attracted their attention. This ice like substance is not cold, but it is not like anything ever recorded and plus it is unbreakable from what we have tried. It is important that we figure this out; those people could be thousands of years old. It's amazing that there are even life signs coming from inside; the scientists could not believe that simple fact.”
 
Listening to everything made Ashe gasp; “you mean those two are a live in there? Whoa; hard to believe that anything could survive like this… so cool though. There's a guy and a girl in there, and the guy does not look half bad… course it could be just the light playing tricks on my eyes. Weird that this is not cold; I can see why this thing is so valuable, but if there is a reward; Ashe will take the job.”
 
“Hey…! What about me I'm valuable too!”
 
When Ashe looked around; she could see no signs of who had said that, and the voice was unfamiliar. No matter how she looked; she could not see who said that, and she wanted to know who it was. “Hey who said that…?”
 
“What you mean you can hear me?”
 
The nearby hunter was watching Ashe talking to the air, and just wondered if she was insane or not. This was just plain aggravating, and Ashe like a good game as much as the next girl but this was strange like the voice was in her head. Ashe was even more determined to find out who this was; who ever was doing this could still not be seen. “Oh course I can hear you, but where are you?”
 
“I'm right here in the container; the one behind you!”
 
When she turned to look at the container that held the biometal; she was beside herself that an inanimate object was talking to her. So many questions popped into her head, and she walked over and squatted down beside it and studied it. “How is an ancient object talking to me…? What exactly are you?”
 
“I'm a biometal, and I'm not even sure how I'm communicating with you… No one has ever heard my voice till now. It was actually pretty lonely always being only to be heard by myself. Oh and my name is model A just so you know.”
 
Ashe smiled at the weird shaped piece of metal; feeling happy that she could talk to this thing. “Well its nice to meet you Model A; my name is Ashe, and I'm a treasure hunter. All that maters to me is getting my reward; girl has to look out for herself right?”
 
“Well I guess… Anyways it's nice to meet you Ashe.”
 
“Ashe look out!!!”
 
A blast of energy shot by Ashe, and she turned to see many airborne mavericks attacking the train and dropping more enemies to the train below. More and more mavericks dropped closer down to the front of the train, and this was not looking good. Ashe could not even figure where to begin, but she just kept smiling; being a girl who never backed down from a challenge.
 
Then the hunter before her just stopped moving; he let lose a scream just when a massive green energy blade cut through him. He was disintegrated into the energy, and Ashe recognized the blade from a previous encounter. The brutal unexpected slash finished and revealed the user, a man in black armor looking like he was insane. He recognized Ashe straight away, and then his partner teleported in. The white armor and feminine shape was very distinctive from her partner in black, and she had a much more innocent look about her.
 
She carried a pole like weapon; while he carried a scythe weapon with a massive energy blade. Both looked at Ashe; neither the male or female saw much point in killing her since they were here for something else. “You there; I recognize you from earlier… get out of my way so I can claim model A. I don't want to waste my energy on you; so hand it over or Pandora and I will destroy you.”
 
Ashe was not about to be intimidated so easily, and giving up to these tow was not what she intended. Quickly she took a ready to strike stance, Ashe would not back down from this challenge. “Sorry, but this thing is not yours, so you can't have it… I have a job to do here, and I'm not going to fail. After all, I got my reputation to think about here.”
 
Up until now Pandora had been quite; not one to be talkative, but then she spotted something else. “Prometheus… that other object that looks like ice; we need to capture that as well. It is the secondary target, we must capture that too. Stand aside, or we will be forced to eliminate you…”
 
Despite the threat; Ashe stood fast, and would not give an inch. Prometheus stood there impressed, but he was in no mood to be patient. He swiped his scythe downwards, and launched a wave of energy that cut straight through Ashe and knocked her back across the ground and into the back of Model A's container.
 
The wave of energy had cut near her shoulder, and continued to travel right through the container with the biometal inside. The wave finally ended by smashing into the giant crystal, but it had no effect on it; not even leaving a scratch on the surface. The shockwave impacting the gem caused the crystal to hum and resonate. The tone a gentle hum to what slept inside, but the tone woke one of them from their slumber.
 
Outside Prometheus and Pandora demanded that Ashe stand aside, or that she would lose her life. Then the voice returned that Ashe heard coming form the biometal; “hey you! If you wanna live; then hold your hand up to the sky and yell mega merge!”
 
“What…?” Ashe asked looking backwards just slightly, and Prometheus was doing nothing to hide his anger. “I have let you live long enough… now you die!!!”
 
The scythe in Prometheus's hands was raised, and Ashe was too weak from the loss of blood to do anything. The crystal hummed for a brief instant; stopping Prometheus's attack mid way. Everyone watched the crystal; a low frequency sound was emitted, and the crystal began to glow with a blinding light. The longer it went; the more it intensified till the crystal finally cracked.
 
In an instant; the crack spread all around the crystal; till finally it shattered and the crystal collapsed and turned to air The shards vanished into the air with sounds of the crystal fragmenting, and from the bright blinding instant of light; came tow figures of humans. There was a male with brown hair, and his clothes were old and worn. The only other person that appeared was a beautiful female; she had long blue hair with strands of blond hair. They both looked to be waking up from a long sleep; she lay in his arms, and she was very beautiful to behold.
 
“Amazing…” Pandora commented studying both of the people before her. “These two have emerged from a long state of stasis, and yet they seem fine. Our master will be interested to have these two as his allies or better yet… to study.”
 
After so many years; Theus was finally free from that crystal. He immediately remembered everything; that girl who had attacked him had left and what he had done. The only option back then was to fuse Leviathan and Ciel together into a single person. The energy needed was beyond belief, and he could not have left it up to chance. It was the first time that Theus had felt desperation and it was a powerful thing, but it had caused him to do something that was a sin to him.
 
Back then; Theus had turned to water, and frozen himself in a crystal substance that was indestructible so they could recover. The ability had popped into his head as a last resort, and it worked. After so many years hidden away and more importantly safe; it felt like being reborn into the world, but the ones before him were questionable.
 
It had been a long time, and no doubt the biometals had been discovered, and Theus still knew all about them. The two before him did not emanate the aura of anything he had devised. The two biometals these two possessed were not of his, or Ciel's design. It was unwise to give his name, and the fusion of the two girls did not have one yet. Still he had to get rid of these two; “you two right there… disarm or leave now! After what I have been through; I will not tolerate anything less.”
 
Both were shocked, but had no reason to be afraid yet. Ashe watched the new man, and could not help but be a little attracted to him; she could not figure out why, but he was attractive and she wanted to protect him. Ashe then heard the voice returned to her head; almost sensing her wish. “Hey you want to protect him right; then use my power by mega merging!”
 
At that moment Ashe's path became very clear, and she wanted to protect this guy and her self. He was no doubt cute, and Ashe wanted to get to know him. She closed her eyes and stood, still grasping her arm from the pain that Prometheus had inflicted, but it did not matter. With one last deep breath she reached deep inside, preparing her self for a second before throwing her right arm up and yelling to the sky. “Mega Merge!!!”
 
Model A shot up out of its container pulsing while it's effects activated, and both Theus and the young girl looked to each other. They knew what that was, and they were even wondering how far in the future they were. The bio-metals had been discovered, and they were being used, but never had Theus or the reincarnation of Ciel seen Prometheus or Pandora before. The light that Ashe was emitting was amazing along with the power.
 
The aura of Model A enveloped her in a soft glow, and instantly her clothes disappeared; leaving her body suit only. Model A started to fuse with her; creating armor, weapons, and power Ashe never knew could exist. The shear sensation was amazing, and it was more then just enjoyable when the waves of energy roamed her body. She opened her eyes and saw that she was in some virtual dimension, but looking down at her new look; she loved it.
 
It all passed in less then a second, and she dropped down to the ground in her new armor. It was amazing to Theus to see something he created in action, and the part of Ciel was astounded to. This was simply an amazing time to come back to life, seeing all of this was astounding after all these years, but Theus had to consider his enemies. Ashe however was brimming with confidence, and she was not afraid to show it; “so you two still feel confident?”
 
Pandora and Prometheus looked their opponent over, and were disappointed at the sight. “Model A has been awakened… our master will be very disappointed with this. Prometheus… we cannot go back empty handed; we should make our primary focus those two.”
 
The sadistic smile was growing across Prometheus's face, and he knew what his partner meant. “All we have to do is rip through this girl, and we can take those two back. It really is like killing two birds with a single stone… so let's get to the exciting part already!”
 
Lunging forward; Prometheus readied to bring his scythe through Ashe. Theus was not about to sit by and wait for things to happen any longer. He quickly let go of Ciel and Leviathan's single body; only giving a slight nod. She understood, and Theus vanished an instant later while Ashe prepared to take the blow to protect the people behind her, but then a flash of a person appeared before her.
 
Ashe looked up to see Theus floating in mid air before her, and she could not figure out how he had moved so fast. Pandora was observing carefully; scanning every detail about Theus. Prometheus used a good deal of his strength trying to finish his attack, but he finally looked down to see two dagger like weapons holding his attack back.
 
When Prometheus looked up a second later; he could see this brown haired man smiling at him. Theus had successfully stopped his energy based weapon with ease. All the years of dormancy had caused him to evolve along with his weapons, and he was stronger then ever. “You are nothing to me, and I don't have to be a genius to see you are not the person to side with!”
 
An instant passed after Theus finished speaking before his weapon opened up. The daggers opened and the arms extended on each side of the daggers. Each arm was equipped with a dagger, and they appeared to be like a trident's head. The opening of the daggers to their full glory had amazing strength; knocking Prometheus uncontrollably up into the air.
 
It was hard enough for Prometheus just to regain his balance, and he was very unhappy with this display of strength. Theus touched down on the train and went quickly to work; throwing both of his daggers like boomerangs. The whirlwind like blades approached Prometheus, but he was not going to let this guy take him down so easily.
 
A quick shift of his body weight; flipping his body to a position so he could fight back against Theus's assault. The scythe was quickly brought down; knocking the first spinning blade away before spinning his scythe to knock the second away. It was close; so close that it left Prometheus cringing his teeth, but he had survived.
 
Prometheus landed back next to his partner; a little stunned with a scowl on his face. The blades disappeared into the air, and standing in Prometheus's and Pandora's way was Theus and Ashe. It was not the odds they wanted, and Pandora made a decision of what they should do. “Model A… you will join us; if not… we will return and claim Model A the hard way.”
 
In a flash Pandora had teleported away, leaving Prometheus behind for a few extra moments. “Don't think you came close to winning; I would not let some ancient thing beat me like I'm nothing. When I come back I'm going to take both of you down!”
 
One last over confident smile was given by Prometheus before teleporting away. Finally Theus could relax for a moment while he prepared for what else would be to come. More gunshots were heard though; breaking the break from the fighting. Looking up at the train, and seeing a good number or well equipped Maverick machines attacking was not a pleasing sight. Theus had to help, but just as he got ready to go, was he cut off by Ashe. “You two stay here; I can handle all of these guys. You can thank me later… by the way my name is Ashe the Hunter Extraordinaire…”
 
A single wink came from Ashe, suggesting her feelings that she liked Theus. However Ciel and Leviathan were in no mood to just let this girl get away with anything. Theus was theirs, and no new girl was going to take him away. Ciel and Leviathan's new body; their consciousness joined in a unanimous thought, stormed over to Theus and grabbed his arm and marked their territory clearly for Ashe to see.
 
Suddenly Ashe got a feeling that there was more between them, but more explosions broke the moment. Ashe reluctantly turned and left, heading off towards to clear the enemies away. The tight grip was amazing, and even if Theus wanted to help; he had to speak to Ciel and Leviathan first. Waiting for a few moments, and making sure that no one was around to hear their conversation, but eventually Theus spoke. “Ciel… Leviathan… are you alright in there…?”
 
The blue haired girl smiled and loosened her grip on Theus's arm. “Yes; we are fine in here… But; after all this time, our consciousness has fused into one single being… we are both in here, but we are one, and without you Theus… we would have died.”
 
Thinking over this combination of the girls words left Theus with many questions, and he had to ask. “Is this what you want? There may be a way to get you both back to normal if that is what you choose, but… We cannot go back in time, and I don't want you to stay this way if you are unhappy…”
 
Theus then felt her hands cup one of his with her milk sot hands, and she was smiling at him from ear to ear. “No Theus… We; I mean I do not want to split apart… Being like this is what makes me happy.”
 
There was no doubt that Theus was smart, but he was very interested in the reason for this statement, and he started to listen intently. “We are now one, and if we were to separate… we would still be what you see here. I have Ciel's intelligence, and Leviathan's strength… I know you cannot understand this, but I'm happy like this; so long as you are with me.”
 
“I guess logically that both of your love for me bonded together as well…” Theus stated and it caused the young fused girl to giggle. “Perhaps Theus… I do love you more then anything, but part of me wants you to be less logical. Ever since you have come back; you have been different, and I want you to be your self… but I don't want you to act so cold. Can you do that for me…?”
 
Looking into her eyes, Theus could tell that she wanted this, and he quickly decided to explain why. “The only reason I became like that was to try and keep most people away… I know what is going on, and if I keep people to close; then they might die… however it happened anyways; so if you want me to be myself then I will. But we have a problem with our names… someone may still know us.”
 
“Well… thinking about who I am; I think I should have a name that symbolizes both Ciel and Leviathan; don't you think Theus?”
 
Theus looked over her body one last time, and was nearly lost in her beauty. She was incredible beyond what he thought was possible, and accompanied by a smile that he thought was beyond any creature from this world and then it hit him. There was only one name that fit all the conditions. “Celestia…”
 
The girl's ears perked right up to that idea, and the old character of Leviathan perked up. “That sounds a little too much like Ciel; I mean how you can just forget Leviathan… she was your bride to be right…?”
 
“Yes she was, and that's why I was thinking for your full name… Celestia Leviathan Crescent. Your beauty is beyond this world, and this name captures both of you; I can't think of a better name… what do you think?”
 
“I love it Theus, I absolutely love it… it is perfect for me; like you… oh wait; you need a new identity to don't you. What do you think…?”
 
“I do not want some over the top name; some of the other Exia have more normal names. It is not that I want to hide away from who I am; I guess I just do not have an answer… I don't know what I should call my self. Part of me wants to have a normal name, but part of me thinks I should be true to myself… I want you to pick who you think I am.”
 
Most of the sounds of fighting had disappeared, and Celestia thought she could finally relax with him. She brought him over to a metal yellow crate and got him to sit while she spoke. “Well… I love you for who you are, and that is something important to me. I want you to be who you are, and I was thinking something along the line of… Levius.”
 
“I love it Celestia; you ready to get moving, and see what we created?”
 
“You bet…”