MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Battle for Terra ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: The Invasion

"This is KTOX News! We interrupt the broadcast of Cutman’s Cooking Hour to bring you news of an urgent development. We take you live to our broadcast ship flying near Calbania Island for more information." The man on the television screen said, and suddenly his image was shifted into a small box to the lower left part of the screen. The main screen was filled with an amazing sight. Calbania Island had almost been completely decimated as something unbelievable large lifted off from it. With wings that stretched as far as 100meters in length, and a main fuselage or body of well over 220meters, it resembled a hawk. However, this hawk was lifting off due not to its own wings, but rather, due to dozens of large pods underneath it, which burned dozens of bright red trails beneath the body as it ascended into the air. A gasp came from nearby, she noticed, and with a quick turn of her head, looked toward the green haired girl who was sitting beside her on the couch.

"Our efforts have failed," the green-haired girl, who looked to be 15 at the most, but was actually thousands of years old, said softly. It was a comment directed toward no one in particular, but, was heard by everyone in the room . "Yuna, we must deal with this new threat. Obviously, the Purifiers in cyberspace have failed to prevent this. We must take them away from the computer and send them to engage the enemy."

The tall, blonde haired woman simply nodded in agreement, standing up from the couch in response. The room had been refurbished to be more comfortable in the past few months. Ever since returning to Terra, the two ex-Mother units had to wait and see if their purifiers could possibly curb the reactivation of the Elder system. The Elder system, known only to a few beings upon the face of Terra, was an ancient system, one which had preceded the Master’s system. Even Yuna and Sera had no idea of the potential lethality of the Elder system until now. "Agreed. We must prepare for this immediately. The lives of the humans are in jeopardy... and this time, even Mega Man Trigger may not be able to stop this alone."

Yuna turned to Sera, and Sera nodded, a look of determination crossing her face as she stood up as well, then turned her head to look toward the door with a circular emblem, which had a spike rising above it, against the far wall, before looking back to me. Yuna simply nodded and grinned to her, to which Sera smiled, and we both ran toward the door. The television, however, was still on.

"A large amount of airships have arrived to attack this ominous, huge reaverbot. Although the famous Sulphur-Bottom has not arrived, as it is halfway around the world now, many large and small airships have gathered to provide some form attack to try and destroy this thing." The voice of the newscaster said. On the screen, several ships could be seen with engines firing in powerful burns, taking them ever closer to the rising reaverbot. Suddenly, powerful, ranging blasts emerged from all over the large reaverbot, igniting the sunlit sky with small novas of reddish-orange intensity. The convoy of airships continued undauntedly forward, ready to brave the storm...


----

"Alright, listen up everyone! We need to get this ship up and running right now!" the loud, ever octave shifting voice went over the intercom. Only 6 beings- himself, his sister, and four of their helping robots manned the control room, which was identical to the original one of his previous airship, the Gesellchaft I, were in the room. While he sat on the command chair, the others sat ahead of him and to either side, evenly spaced out. The dark, purple-black haired girl in front of him turned her head and she grinned. "Soon we’ll be back where we belong Teasel- the air! We’ll be respectable pirates again!" They both laughed at that, and Teasel grinned. It wasn’t a good feeling... being a pirate, and yet not having a ship that they could use as a base, which would allow them to fly as they wished, to wherever they wished to go. Mega Man Volnut, however, had destroyed the Gesellchaft I, after the Bonnes had gone after him for defeating them so many times.

This new Gesellchaft, appropriately named the Gesellchaft II, slowly rose from its moorings at the Bonnes’ secret base. On the western side of the Kalinka Island, the base was forced to go through horrendous snowstorms and blizzards almost the whole year. The Bonnes had been forced to relocate after Mega Man, Roll, and Sera had found their last one (which had been near Calbania Island). Though the beginning weeks were rough, Tron had been able to whip the Kobuns into shape (sometimes literally, which was something that Teasel tried not to think about), and soon enough, they had the base up and running. The area around the base would make people numb almost instantly, and it was with the help of one of Tron’s inventions that they had managed to convert the cold energy of the ice around the base into a source of power for it. This also enabled them to re-energize the refractors that they had managed to salvage from their last battles against Reaverbots, as well as from against Mega Man.

"At least we’re not fighting Mega Man now." Tron spoke up, and the tall, green haired man had to crack a smile. "That’s right, sis. Our target sure isn’t that blue boy this time. We’ve got a much bigger fish to fry now." he said, and then he began to laugh a little. On the screen ahead of us was the television screen (on mute, of course) with the footage of the huge, flying reaverbot. "Can you imagine the size of the refractor that must be used to power that thing? We’ll make millions!" Teasel laughed even more now, and Tron sighed as she realized that she would have to take over for Teasel now. "Okay, everyone, let’s go!" she exclaimed, grinning slightly. The production of this craft had been halted after the relocation of the entire base after Mega Man had escaped last time. Fortunately though, this airship was larger, stronger, and much tougher than the last one... It would take more than Mega Man Trigger to destroy this one!

"Roger!" and with that, the entire Bonne clan was lifted into the air thanks to their largest airship ever- the Gesellchaft II. Four buster gun turrets lined each side, bomb release hatches lined the bottom ‘spine,’ and two large, green particle blasters rounded out the weaponry as the ship flew toward the target which they could even see from there, as the snowstorm began to subside. "I wonder if Mega Man will be there..." Tron whispered to herself, even as she held the steering sticks in her hand. With a twist of both sticks, the Gesellchaft II turned slowly, setting the craft on a course directly toward the target.

----

"Roll! Can’t we go any faster? We need to get there fast!" the young, dark haired kid exclaimed, even as he looked out the circular window of the equipment room. He already knew that Roll was making the engines go as fast as they could, but this kid was getting very impatient. Even as he pulled the blue Link Omega Armor on, he shivered at the cold metal feel, and then he sighed in relief. The armor had bonded to his skin now, which meant that whatever the armor took, he would also feel. This was exactly what bionic armor like this would do. Then, with a look around, he smiled, taking inventory of the weapons at his disposal. The Machine Buster, Vacuum arm, as well as the Missile launcher and his most powerful weapon, the Shining laser, were all in attendance. There were others, of course, but they were used only sparingly. Of the others, only the Ground Hunter was occasionally used.

Sera and Yuna, back on Elysium, had warned him about the Elder system. Thanks to their efforts and the systems available on that space station, they had been able to delay the Elder System from breaking past the surface and the ruins. However, without the sophisticated systems that had been available on the station, it had been only a matter of time before the Elder system revived from its long slumber. No one knew exactly what the system was capable of, but Mega Man certainly hadn’t expected anything like this. He’d never had to take on a Reaverbot the size of an entire island before! Ones as large as several buildings, no problem. He’s done that before. A reaverbot that was the size of a Skyscraper? Well, the Gesellchaft I was close enough to that size. But an island? How could he possibly have the firepower to deal with it?

"I don’t... I’m gonna need some help." The blue armored boy told himself, even as he pulled on his boots. The shoes were equipped with his jet skates, which helped him to move much faster than he could walk or run. Dashing was the only way to get places, he thought, which made him smile a little. His boots were also equipped with the Jump springs he had gotten on Kattlelox Island. Roll had forgotten about them when selling off his equipment to raise enough money for the Flutter’s new engine, and he had been able to keep them. "Glad she forgot about ‘em," he muttered, and then he reached for the armor for his arms. First was his buster gun arm. Sliding it onto his left arm, he nodded as he felt the connecting sting on his whole arm, which indicated that the armor had bonded. With a start, he realized he hadn’t even felt the leg armor bond, to which he smiled. It was becoming much easier to deal with the stings, to ignore them, he found. Finally, he slipped the upper right arm armor up and onto his arm. As the sting died away, he reached for the final piece to add- the lower arm armor. Sliding it on as well, he didn’t notice the sting as he looked to his choices for weapons.

"Ground Crawler." He decided, reaching for the strangely designed weapon. It had been the first to be fully upgraded, as it had been cheap (compared to other weapons) to upgrade. It did pack quite a bit of firepower, as well. And it rolled along the ground. Although they were in the air, if he could at least get onto the reaverbot, he could stand in place and let the GC weapon do its job. If not... "and Homing Missiles" he said to himself, pulling the missile launcher out and onto his back, slinging it into place. It was simple enough to change from weapon to weapon, he knew from experience. He didn’t take the Shining laser because it was better that the enemy knew less about him, rather than learning of his most powerful abilities.

"Rock, calm down. We’ll be there in less than an 10 minutes. Relax!" she said "over the intercom, and the armor-clad youngster sighed softly. Roll didn’t know anything about the Elder system. In fact the only people on Terra who did know anything about the Elder System was Mega Man Trigger himself, Yuna, and Data. Data, however, wasn’t about to tell anybody about that, while Yuna and Sera had been locked up within the Forbidden Island’s Reaverbot-factory facility for the past few months. Only Sera had known much of anything about the Elder System. After the Master’s system was in place, the Elder System had been relegated to a back-up purpose in the scheme of things. The Master’s system had been devised after experimentation had been done with the Elder system. In essence, the Elder system could be called a prototype compared to the recently deceased (finally) Master’s system.

This giant Elderbot... yes, that might be the best term for it. That thing must be destroyed. There may even be more than just that one. A flying battleship... and a dozen of such things could completely annihilate the carbons on this planet. It was something that Yuna had learned, as had Mega Man and even the Master himself had learned about life as well. The Betas on this planet, more commonly known as carbons, had been created by the Master’s original human race. Although the carbons could not be completely called humans, as the original ones lived high above the planet, they experienced life much more fully. They felt pain, sorrow, and despair. The humans above would live in harmony: no diseases, no pain, no suffering, not even death... and yet, they had lost something that had been proven vital to their existence early on. Their humanity itself had been lost. The carbons on Terra, however, had claimed that humanity as their own... and they alone were able to feel true happiness compared to their human ancestors living above them in space.

Mega Man shook his head, and looked above to the steel-gray ceiling of the Flutter. He couldn’t allow such a world to happen at the cost of his friends and family. Especially not at the cost of which would be required to bring back the original humans. There was an old word that best described such attacks on an entire race of beings, he remembered. He whispered the word to himself, barely saying it loud enough for himself to hear it. "Genocide."

Trigger nodded once, looking back in the direction of the control room. He wouldn’t allow that to happen. The fact that he wasn’t fully human didn’t affect him at all. He was human enough, raised as one, fought as one... Trigger had a family. Roll and Gramps, though not his real family (he had no clue if he ever really did have a family), had become his family, ever since Barrel Caskett had found him in the Nino Island’s ruins. "I will protect- everyone." He whispered to himself, and his mind raced as images of the many people he had met went through his mind. Roll, Barrel, Data, Teasel Bonne, Bomb Bonne, Tron Bonne were all there, along with the others whom he had saved in his travels. The entire island of Kattlelox had been saved due not to him, but by Data. Mega Man may have defeated Juno (who had also had the name Mega Man, strangely), but it had been Data, with his knowledge of the system, who had shut down the program that had been started.

Trigger shook his head before smiling a little, thinking upon better times. The time spent on the way back to the planet had been great, he thought. All of us working together... and then, his thoughts returned to the Servitors. Gaga had been destroyed by Jiji, who then attacked me in an attempt to get the keys for Mistress Sera. I defeated Jiji, but then he had charged at me. Mega Man’s eyes closed as I remembered the searing pain that had burned throughout my body for a brief time... and then, I had simply shut down. When I awoke again, I had memories of things I had no clue of before.

The memory of rebelling against the systems of both Elysium and Terra. The memory of my first fight between the mother unit and myself designated as Sera, and the result. Then, of course, there had been the memory of the Master himself. He had given Mega Man the DNA coding of the original humans, the ones who had, at one time perhaps, had lived on the surface of Terra. The Master’s Genetic code was still within him, he remembered. The cost of not denying the system would have been much greater than if he had gone along with it, he realized...the toll on the Betas of Terra would have been astronomical. 'It’ll never happen,' he swore, and then he stepped to the door with the old fashioned steering wheel on it, and swung it open as he entered the control room of the Flutter.

"Mega Man! Good, you’re here now!" Roll said, looking back over her shoulder to look at her adopted brother. She had placed her entire faith on him as she had helped him decide in his debate of whether or not to destroy the system. Mega Man couldn’t stand the thought of losing his sister- the only person who had placed so much faith in him, ever. While Roll was his sister, he couldn’t help but to think of the other person who had been instrumental in his success. The past few years seemed like tests to prepare him for this, he thought to himself. First, it was the Main Gate on Kattlelox Island, not to mention the Bonnes themselves. Then, it had been the race for the keys only ¾ of a year ago. Fighting pirates and reaverbots had never been easy, but then again, what choice did he have at the time? Suddenly, Mega Man’s thoughts were interrupted as Roll spoke again.

"Mega Man, look at that! The airships... they’re being knocked out like flies!" she said quietly, gazing through the window ahead of her to see the same nova-like explosions... this time, they were accompanied by pieces of metal and parts of airships. Several were falling toward the sea, trails of flame and smoke following them. Parachutes filled the sky as the crews of fallen airships abandoned their aircraft. One airship, an old, worn down one, didn’t even have time to fall. It simply blew up and disintegrated in midair. Fortunately, the crew managed to get out, it looked like. Suddenly, a warning siren sounded throughout the Flutter, and Roll spun the wheel hard to the right, even as a huge green airship maneuvered its way right next to the Flutter. Both Mega Man and Roll turned to the side window to see the new ship, and they gasped in surprise at the emblem they saw there. "I, i, it’s... the Bonnes!" Mega Man said, and he shook his head. Unknown to him, Roll had shaken her head at the same time, hardly believing this.

Shots flew from the front of the skull-like protrusion of the green craft. They were green particle blasts, the two kids saw. Mega Man shivered slightly, knowing what it was like to be the recipient of such firepower. His hand absently rubbed his armor-clad chest as he remembered taking a blast or two of that sort of attack from the hands of the Marlwolf, or even from the original Gesellchaft. They packed quite a wallop... but what could the Bonnes hope to do against a Reaverbot that was size, even with their powerful particle blasters?

----

"What do you think, Tron? Think we got their attention?" Teasel asked, grinning at how close they had come to the Flutter without Mega Man or Roll seeming to notice. It had been fun, watching the Flutter from afar on a direct course toward the huge reaverbot. All the while, the Gesellchaft II had steadily drawn closer, thanks to its larger and more powerful engines. As soon as they had gotten within range with the particle blasters, they moved up very close to the Flutter, all thanks to Tron’s flying. She had parked them just ahead of the Flutter and matched that airship’s speed, to provide cover support for the weaponless craft. Suddenly, Tron turned to Teasel.

"Teasel, we need to launch the Draches now! We’ll be in range of the Reaverbot’s shots soon, so we better launch now." She said, and then stood up. Teasel simply nodded to her, and then turned to the crew of four kobuns who were on the bridge. Tron grinned, and ran out of the room, heading back toward the launch bay, even as Teasel picked up the microphone calmly. However, his voice wasn’t quite so calm. "This is Teasel Bonne to all Draches! Launch the attack! Launch the attack now! All gunners to your stations! This is not a drill, so everyone look lively. We’re goin’ after that Reaverbot’s refractor, and we’re gonna go in fast and hit hard! Let’s do it!"

All the while as Teasel rallied the troops, Tron ran down the hallway and all the way into the back room. Originally designed as only the torture room, she thought to herself... and she shook her head, even as her mind tried to bring back memories of her plans to deal with Mega Man herself within that room. Originally designed as the torture room, it had been converted into mecha bay for the mecha she had created. The Gustaff III was her newest achievement, other than the Gesellchaft II. The first two, having been destroyed, had made way to the creation of the third in her line of mecha. The mecha had been enhanced in pretty much every way. However, the mecha bay also contained another creation. The BlumeJet, created a month or two ago, had been used when Tron had finally captured Mega Man as they had arrived back on Terra. This jet, however, was of the same design, yet was also three times the size. Tron jumped onto the back of the craft and popped the cockpit hatch open, before disappearing within it.

The hatch closing behind her, and then sealed with a slight whine, Tron grinned as she flipped several switches. "Refractor power on, shields up, raising the back hatch..." she said to herself, smiling as all the systems turned out to be okay. The entire back area of the mecha bay had just been locked into place, closing a blast barrier behind the BlumeJet. Then, with a gaping maw, the back end of the Gesellchaft II slowly opened to allow Tron to leave the ship. "This is Tron in the BlumeJet! Teasel, have the Draches launched yet?" she asked over the ship-to-ship communications frequency, which was shared only by the BlumeJet and the Gesellchaft II. "Tron, all the Draches have launched. You’re clear to launch as well. Good luck, and be careful out there, sis." Teasel said, his voice remaining somewhat calm as he spoke. Tron smiled warmly at Teasel’s directions. "You be careful too, big brother. I’m taking off now!" and with that, she punched the engines into full throttle with a foot on the pedal, and the Jet flew out of the Gesellchaft’s large mecha bay.

Flying over and then with a spin, Tron managed to bring her jet onto a course heading toward the Giant Reaverbot. The reaverbot slowly began to turn now, she saw, and then she could make out what seemed to be the thing’s head. It was massive! It was almost the entire size of the Gesellchaft itself! "Wow... I’m impressed," was all Tron managed to say, before noticing several more explosions before her. Pressing a button, Tron’s fighter began to pick up altitude as it made its way up and forward, even as her family’s forces flew straight toward the large reaverbot. "This is Tron Bonne to all surviving airships! I suggest you get outta there. We’re about to take this thing out. Tron out!" she exclaimed over the multi-ship frequency. Her thoughts were partly on the reaverbot ahead of her, yet some of her thoughts lingered upon her family, as well as her two enemies in the ship beside the Gesellchaft II- Mega Man and Roll.

Tron’s features etched into one of concentration, and as she held the controls in her hands, she flicked the weapon ports of the fighter open. Six total Vulcan cannons extended somewhat from the crafts’ wings- three in each. Two more ports opened up beneath the fuselage, at which she smiled. "This is Tron to all Draches! Open the special weapon ports! Prepare to fire on my command!" she said to her family of kobuns below her as they all flew steadily onward. ‘This one’s for the Bonnes... and Mega Man!’ she thought to herself, her eyes glued onto the massive reaverbot which now faced them. In the back of Tron’s mind, she realized that for some reason, the Reaverbot hadn’t fired its buster weapons at them yet for some reason, but she didn’t register that fact. A few seconds ticked by before the targeting solution acquired itself, and then... "Fire!"