MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Little Predicaments ❯ Bathing Suits ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yui dragged Netto along the busy streets of Jawaii. There was little mechanical traffic but the place was full to bursting with tourists, businessmen and pedestrians. Neither Yui nor Netto had bathing suits and she offered to take Netto out to buy one, an offer he couldn't refuse, literally. Manabe had ordered it.
 
They made plans to meet at the beach in forty-five minutes to search for anything to help them track Dr. Cunningham, in the meantime…
 
Yui ran up holding a sky blue one piece to her frame, “Well, do you like it?” she asked excitedly.
 
Netto blushed and looked away, “I-it's nice,” he managed to say.
 
Yui was oblivious to his discomfort and ran off to find another bathing suit.
 
/You okay?/ Rockman asked.
 
/No,/ Netto said flatly. /Who wouldn't?/
 
/Touchy at all?/ Rockman replied.
 
Netto crossed his arms and sulked, forgetting that the conversation was mental. /Who wouldn't be?/ he said again.
 
/Touché,/ Rockman said. /But why don't you try to have fun. For Yui-nee-san's sake./
 
Netto rolled his eyes, thankfully no one was around to see, /I'm trying./
 
/I know,/ Rockman said, trying to soothe his twin's growing agitation.
 
Yui came out of the dressing room in a pretty red, one piece bathing suit and sheer red flower print beach skirt she tied around her waist. A straw hat and cute sunglasses completed the ensemble. “Ta-daa!” she announced. “How do I look?”
 
Netto and Rockman both turned equal shades of red, “V-very nice, Yui-nee-san,” Netto said.
 
“Y-yes,” agreed Rockman.
 
Tyui giggled, “Okay, no we will find you one.”
 
“If it's all the same to you, I think I'll wait at the hotel,” Netto muttered.
 
“Ha ha, cute joke. Now come on,” she said and grabbed Netto's wrist, pulling him into the bathing suit section of the store.
 
“Ha ha, joke, right,” Netto said sarcastically.
 
/Netto-kun, be nice! She's trying./ reprimanded Rockman.
 
/I'm shopping for bathing suits,/ Netto hissed.
 
/May I point you to the Aki-chan contest?/ Rockman said slyly.
 
/First thing I'll do when we're done shopping is get you a dress up chip if you say anything else,/ Netto said. /See if I don't./
 
/I believe you,/ Rockman laughed nervously.
 
“Come on, Netto-kun, this is supposed to be fun!” Yui said happily.
 
“Yeah,” Netto replied none too happily.
 
In the end Netto got an orange one piece and a large white beach coat to go over it. If he had to wear it, he could at least cover it up.
 
Yui checked her watch, “Oh my goodness, we're already ten minutes late, come on we need to get ready,” she said quickly pulling a bewildered Netto out of the store.
 
They went back to the hotel and changed. Netto rather grudgingly put on a hat and sunglasses that Yui had bought for him and they set off for the beach.
 
They walked along the packed beach looking for their group. Instead they ran into a small girl and what presumably was her younger brother looking around desperately and on the verge of tears.
 
“Are you okay?” Netto asked them.
 
The children looked at him and started to cry. Netto felt terrible and tried to calm them down.
 
/Netto, you're probably scaring them with your appearance,/ Rockman said.
 
Yui was at a loss of what to do and the kids continued to cry. They attracted a few stares and Netto laughed nervously. He took of his hat and glasses and knelt down to comfort the children. “It's okay, I won't do anything,” he said.
 
They looked at him and stopped crying, probably because they didn't know what else to do. The girl stepped forward, “We're lost,” she said.
 
“Oh, that's terrible,” Yui said.
 
“So you know where your mother or father is?” asked Rockman.
 
The children looked at Netto's PET in his hand and gasped with delight. “A navi!” the girl cried out.
 
Netto nodded, “Yes, she is my navi,” he said. `Man, it feels weird to call him she,' he thought to himself.
 
“Was she caught by the virus?” the girl asked excitedly.
 
“Yes, I was. Now, where are your parents?” Rockman asked again.
 
“We wandered to far into the surf, we can't see our beach blanket,” the girl said and the boy nodded in agreement.
 
“What color is your blanket?” Yui asked.
 
“Green,” they boy said in a quiet voice.
 
“Well, then let's go look for it!” Yui said.
 
/Laika and Enzan are gonna kill us,/ Netto said.
 
/Do we care?/ asked Rockman.
 
/Not really,/ said Netto.
 
/Exactly,/ came the reply.
 
/You're awfully lax today, Rockman,/ Netto said while the small boy took his hand and he and Yui led them down the beach.
 
/I figure we should delay meeting with them for now. Or is my guessing of your thoughts wrong?/ asked Rockman.
 
/So I don't want them to see me, can you blame me?/ asked Netto.
 
/No, that's why I'm not yelling at you about taking this whole side trip,/ Rockman said.
 
“There!” the girl's voice cut into their thoughts. She pointed to an electric green beach blanket roughly the size of a large kiddie swimming pool.
 
“That's… green,” Netto said slowly.
 
“Green,” Yui said softly, almost mesmerized by the brightness of the blanket.
 
“Mommy!” they boy cried out and ran over to a woman on the blanket. They girl followed and they jumped on their mother.
 
“Janet, Kyle, where have you been?” Your dad has been searching for you for hours!” she said.
 
“We got lost,” Janet said. “They helped us back!” she pointed to Netto and Yui.
 
The mom stood up and nodded at them. “Thank you,” she said.
 
“No problem,” Netto said.
 
“Bye nee-chans!” Janet waved.
 
“Nee-chan?” Netto asked.
 
“Go with it,” Rockman murmured.
 
“Bye!” Yui called as they walked away.
 
“That is green,” Netto said.
 
Yui nodded, slightly dazed. “Makes you wonder how they got lost in the first place?”
 
Rockman laughed, “Who knows? I bet Netto could get lost.”
 
“Har har,” said Netto.
 
“Hey!” they heard a voice behind them and they turned around to see Enzan and Laika running towards the,. “You late,” Enzan said once they caught up./
 
Netto shrugged, “Oh well.”
 
“Come on, we need to go see what we can find out,” Laika said.
 
Netto shook his head and unconsciously drew his beach coat tightly around his body. “Can't I just watch the blanket?” he asked.
 
“You're being very childish about this,” Enzan said pointedly.
 
“Do I care?” Netto asked.
 
“Do you want to be a girl?” Laika asked.
 
Rockman smiled, “He has a point, Netto-kun.”
 
Netto grumbled and grudgingly followed his friends. Yui nodded and walked off in a separate direction. “Think she'll be okay?” Enzan asked.
 
“I don't think you have to worry,” said Searchman. “She probably saw Manabe-san, the blanket isn't too far.”
 
“Aren't you hot?” Laika asked Netto, eyeing the beach coat.
 
“No,” Netto said.
 
“Yeah right,” Rockman said only loud enough for Blues and Searchman to hear.
 
“Netto, you can attempt to be a little willing for this,” said Enzan.
 
“I'm trying,” he hissed.
 
“Just be a little more cooperative,” Laika said.
 
Netto sighed, “If we go to the blanket, I'll take off the coat, okay?”
 
“So what is our plan?” Blues asked.
 
“We will see if we can hear any rumors. Talk to vendors and people in tourist shops to see if they know anything,” Laika said.
 
“Very good, so why did we come to the beach again?” asked Netto.
 
“Because it's easier to talk to the people whose shops are right on the beach front. Chances are if Dr. Cunningham showed himself, there will be rumors floating around somewhere,” Laika said.
 
Netto laughed, “Yes, because you two are so social.”
 
“Ignoring that, let's start with the beach front,” said Enzan.
 
“With a detour by the beach blanket,” said Netto.
 
“Hot?” asked Enzan.
 
“Shut up,” Netto muttered.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
They walked by the large white blanket where Yui and Manabe were laughing and talking. Manabe gave Netto a small wink as he walked up to the blanket. “Warm Netto-kun?” she asked.
 
Netto blushed and nodded.
 
“Are you three going around to find information now?” Manabe asked.
 
Laika nodded, “We're going to start on the beach front and see if any of the local shop keepers know anything.”
 
Manabe nodded, “Good, good. Okay, you three be back here in two hours though. I want to make sure you're all okay.”
 
“We'll be fine,” Enzan said.
 
“I know, I'm just making sure,” Manabe smiled.
 
/Netto-kun, take off the beach coat and let's go!/ Rockman mentally yelled at Netto.
 
/I'm going to! Just give me a minute,/ Netto replied.
 
/Are you really that embarrassed?/ Rockman asked.
 
/No,/ Netto said slowly. /Just a little, apprehensive,/ he said choosing his words carefully.
 
Rockman saw through the ruse and snorted, /Right./
 
“Netto, are you ready?” Laika asked.
 
Netto jumped and looked at his green haired friend, “Y-yeah. One second,” he smiled and hesitantly shrugged off the beach coat.
 
Laika and Enzan couldn't help it, they stared. They didn't even realize they were starting until Netto cleared his throat in a loud manner and walked towards the beach front. “We'll be going now,” he said in an annoyed voice.
 
Laika and Enzan snapped back to reality and blushed for all they were worth. “R-right,” Enzan said.
 
Laika didn't say anything and followed Netto to the closest shop.
 
Yui laughed, “That was almost cute,” she said.
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
The threesome walked into a nice cozy tourist shop filled with pens, shells, towels and other beach paraphernalia. The owner was a kindly, heavy set looking woman who sat on a stool behind the cash register. “How may I help you?” she asked.
 
“We're looking for someone,” Enzan said.
 
“Oh? Well you've come to the right place, I know anyone and anything that happens to be on this island,” she boasted.
 
Enzan nodded, “I'm sure. Have you heard any rumors about a scientist hiding out in the caves here?” he asked.
 
The woman stroked her chin thoughtfully, “Now that you mention it I do. I heard of some crazy scientist who lives in the sea caves on the north end of the island. Jack told me about him, I said `Jack, you're a crazy man. There ain't no one who is dumb enough to try and live in those conditions.' He says to me, `Now Lilly, you know I'm not a fibber, there's a man up there, and he's strange too.'”
 
Enzan cleared his throat, “Yes, thank you. May you tell me where this Jack is?” he asked.
 
“Oh Jack? He owns the sea rock café down the street. Nice place too, it has great pancakes,” she said wistfully.
 
“Thank you for your time,” Enzan said and left the shop, closely followed by Netto and Laika.
 
“If you need something, make sure to come here!” she called out in a kind bon voyage tone.
 
“So, Jack then?” Laika asked.
 
“So it would seem,” Enzan replied.
 
“Well, let's go,” said Netto, making a bee line for the café.
 
“Wait up Netto!” Enzan called and ran after the fast departing friend.
 
Laika sighed and ran to catch up with both of them. Sometimes it was impossible for anyone to keep track of the other and if Netto ran any faster he was going to loose track of everyone.
 
Netto walked into the small café and looked around. There was a tall, sea weathered man with a kind face polishing glasses behind a counter. Netto's face lit up and he walked over to where the man was. “Hello?” he asked.
 
The man looked up from his work and smiled. “Why hello there young lady, what can I do for you?” he asked.
 
“Young… oh yes! Ummm, well, we talked to the lady in the tourist shop down the street and she said you knew where a scientist was hiding in the caves on this island,” Netto said.
 
The man stroked his chin thoughtfully just as Lilly had. “Yes, now he was an interesting character. I met him when I was looking for scallops to make my soup with. They always taste best fresh.”
 
Laika and Enzan came into the café and stood behind Netto to get the information.
 
“Anyways, I found this old guy in the caves 30 feet above the ground. Interesting guy, said he was developing a new program and wanted to be left alone.”
 
“Any idea where he is now?” Laika asked.
 
Jack nodded, “Yes, if you go to the north end of the island there is a small inlet. Above it are a bunch of cliffs and naturally made sea caves. Why do you know the man?” he asked.
 
“Kind of,” Netto laughed.
 
“Well, I hope I helped you,” he said.
 
“Your information was very valuable, thank you,” Enzan said.
 
“Care for a drink?” he asked.
 
“Maybe later,” said Netto and he hurried out of the café with Enzan and Laika in hot pursuit.
 
“Kids these days,” the man said under his breath. “Always in a hurry.”
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
“Netto, wait up!” Enzan yelled and Netto stopped to let Laika and Enzan catch up.
 
“You heard him, let's go before he leaves,” Netto said.
 
Enzan shook his head, “Not yet, Netto. We need to get ready to go into a cave area. Also we should go at night so he won't be able to detect us until we're close enough to him to actually catch him. Let's wait out the rest of the day here and leave in the evening.”
 
“Enzan's right,” Laika said. “Barging there in the broad daylight will only tell him we're here and on his tail.”
 
“Fine,” Netto muttered. “But I wanna go back to the hotel.”
 
Laika shook his head, “We stay together, Netto. Besides, we need to check in with Manabe first.”
 
“It's only fair Netto-kun,” Rockman said.
 
Netto gave an exasperated sigh. “Fine, then can we go back to the hotel.”
 
Enzan smiled, “Sure, then we'll go back to the hotel.”
 
Netto gave him a grateful smile, “Thanks.” Then he walked down the beach in search of Manabe and Yui.
 
Laika put his hand on Enzan's shoulder. “You're blushing,” he said quietly.
 
Enzan put a hand to his cheeks and felt the warmth spreading across them. “I'm sun burnt,” he said quickly and followed Netto's path.
 
Laika sighed, “Right,” he said.
 
Netto ran into the open beach to see if he could spot his towel. While he searched an unknown person came up behind him. Netto didn't even notice until he put his hand on Netto's shoulder and asked, “Are you lost?”
 
Netto spun around and looked at a tall brawny youth who obviously lived and played some beach sport on Jawaii every day. Netto smiled nervously, “Kind of.”
 
“Maybe I can help you then. I know this place like the back of my hand,” he grinned at Netto.
 
“N-no thanks, I can find my own way around,” Netto said quickly.
 
The boy looked a little put out. “Oh, okay, will I see you around then?”
 
“I don't think so,” Netto smiled. “I'm leaving in a few days.”
 
“Okay,” he said and left Netto alone.
 
“That was a bit harsh Netto-kun,” Rockman said.
 
“Rockman,” Netto said.
 
“Yes, Netto-kun?”
 
“Shut up.”
 
Rockman sighed, “All right. Oh Enzan just sent you an e-mail. He said look to your upper right.”
 
Netto looked up and saw Enzan and Laika waving at him. He smiled, waved back and made his way towards the blanket. Maybe it would all be over sooner then he thought.
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
The threesome waited out the rest of the day in the hotel. Netto was wearing a comfortable loose shirt and shorts and Enzan and Laika had donned similar clothes. They sat around talking and reading for the rest of the afternoon and around five Manabe and Yui came into the hotel.
 
“Ready boys?” Manabe asked.
 
The three nodded and Manabe smiled. “Good, let me get into some better clothes and we'll start.
 
Yui followed and the two older women got dressed. In ten minutes the small group was outside and walking in the twilight.
 
“Now, be wary of traps, motion detecting equipment and anything suspicious. This man in paranoid and this might be one of the only chances we'll get for the time being. Are you ready?”
 
“Yes,” they said.
 
“Good, we'll be there in about ten minutes. Good luck.”
 
OOOOOOOOOO
 
Fear the fic y0. Hope you liked the latest chapter. Gotta love Netto in a swim suit. And Laika and Enzan :3