MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Love as a Brother ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Love as a Brother

A fanfiction based off the Mega Shows.

You know the old line-'I love you-as a friend.'

I don't.

I don't know whether I love you or hate you.

I'm standing here in front of a grave…yours. You died three times. You died when your father made you a warrior. You died when your brother betrayed you. You died when what should have been your family deserted you and left you in the dust.

Your grave. It has your name on it-'DRN 001, Mega Man.' It has your 'birthday' on it, the day you were created.

I hate you for that!

I hate you for everything! You made my life hell. You decided you had to stop me, you had to turn me over to the 'good' side-what's the definition of good, anyway? Status quo? What if Wily put gears in motion, made new things happen? What if he made the world better even though everyone thought he'd make it worse?

That thought never entered your simple little head, I bet. I bet you just thought that because Dr. Light built you and was supported by the government he was right. Well, that Stalin guy thought he was right too, didn't he? And that Hitler guy was supported by his government. And so is your precious Dr. Light.

But you never thought of it like that. Neither did anyone else.

Your grave, you little blue twit.

I asked you, so many times-politely or not...and I told you once, manners never were my strong suit. But you always said no, always said I had to join you-well, I didn't like the way Dr. Light and all his crew ran things. I wasn't going to be a hypocrite. I'm many things, but I won't be that.

And then you had to turn into some stupid battlebot to stop us. I knew that killed you, the first time-you had…something about you after you donned that helmet…sometimes, I would see you alone-you never knew, you were too dumb to notice-and you would just…

…I don't think about that.

Fighting you-I always wanted to beat you. You think that I betrayed you-you betrayed me, little brother! Why couldn't you just-

Why do I even care? You might just be like Cut Man and the rest for all I know-nothing but scrap metal and A.I. What's so special about you, anyway?

You wanted Cut Man and the rest to be family too in the beginning, didn't you? Then you forgot about them once Wily took them. They weren't family anymore-they were enemies, just like that.

But why did you remember me?

Why did you call me family to begin with?

Dr. Light designed the first three Robot Masters. They're more your brothers than I am. Wily took my plans, I'm your prototype. Dr. Light built you by himself, along with Cut Man, and Guts Man, and Ice Man. They're your full brothers, I'm a half.

Why don't you care about them? They were supposed to be your real family! Not me…

I don't understand you. I don't think I ever will. You're too weird for me, you stupid goody-two-shoes. You twit. You stupid dweeb.

I'm standing here in front of a grave.

Your grave. Your name is carved on it, your number, and the year you were created.

There's no death year on this grave. You haven't died physically yet.

You're dead to me.

You have to be.

…but…why do I still ask?