MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Survival of the Fittest ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The school yard wasn't very crowded when Netto and Rockman arrived. Then again, Kichi wouldn't have invited just anyone, and she hadn't told him just how many people Nana had invited to this competition. He was slightly surprised to see both Miyuki and Saloma in the crowd, though. Then again, something like this wasn't going to stay a secret for long, and no doubt World 3 would try something, so seeing the net agents there did make sense. Netto also saw a few other people he knew, who were friends of Kichi's that lived in Densan City.

"Don't tell me you were actually invited to this competition," said a cool voice behind Netto.

Netto spun around and found himself face-to-face with his biggest rival, Enzan Ijuin. Enzan looked as cool and professional as always, and gave off an aura of superiority. His very presense irritated Netto to no end.

"Yes, I was invited," Netto snapped back. "Though why Kichi is letting you tag along is something I can't figure out."

"Becuase he's a great Net Battler, dear cousin," Kichi said, appearing at Netto and Enzan's side. Enzan smirked at Netto.

"Well, at least now I know how _you_ got into this." That said, Enzan walked away.

Kichi placed a restraining hand on Netto's shoulder before he could even take a step forward with the intent of beating Enzan to a pulp. "Easy, Netto. In truth, I invited him for the sole purpose of some entertainment. I don't think he could last three days out in the mountains, let alone one week. You on the other hand, you were trained for this by myself and everyone else in those very mountains. Be calm, let things go the way they will go. As for me, I had best announce the rules. Be back in a minute."

"Okay," Netto replied, though he was still very mad. Still, Kichi had made some good points. Netto had the advantage of actually knowing the area in which he was going to be forced to survive in.

Kichi took a moment to walk up onto a small dais that had been placed there for that purpose and gave a piercing whistle to get everyone's attention. At once everyone fell silent. All were watching Kichi eagerly, wanting to get the competition started.

"Welcome, all who have gathered. If you are here, it is because you have recieved an invitation for a very unique competition, where the prize shall be a rare battle chip. As was stated in your invitations, this is to be a survival contest, one week in the Aspen River Mountains. You were also told that you could only bring what you can carry. You are also allowed to bring your PETs, though there are no computers to jack-in with, and I can't guarantee that they will always work. The mountains sometimes have a strange effect on electronical devices.

Now, since this is to see how well you all can adapt to various situations in the wilderness, let me tell you now that there will be a few...challenges during this competition. What those challenges are, I won't say, but I promise things will be interesting. And as to how we will be monitering you, all I will say is that we have eyes all over the moutains, so we know what's going on. Anyone caught trying to sabatoge another contestant will be immediately removed from the contest. Those are the rules. Anyone who wishes to back out now may do so."

No one moved after Kichi said this. She smiled and bowed her head to the group. All together there were about 20 people in this competition. At that point a bus pulled into the school yard. Even from where he was standing, Netto recognized the driver as another one of his cousins, Darius. Kichi led the way onto the bus, and very soon it was driving down the road, out of the city and up to the Aspen River Mountains.