MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Zero's Downfall ❯ Don't Say Goodbye ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Notes: Well here's the second chapter to my story. I hope you all like it! Anyway! The song in this chapter is called "One Last Breath" by Creed. I think it goes with this nicely. Oh and thanks to May-VeggieGirl1 for R&R-ing my story! Thanks a lot! ^_^!

Disclaimer: I don't own Zero or X but I do own Dr. S /Sam because it me! And I own Magma too! I wish I owned Zero but nooooo I don't which really sucks! Zero and X (MegamanX) belong to Capcom. *Sigh* Well on with the fic!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Zero's Downfall"

By: Green Devil

Chapter 2: "Don't Say Goodbye"

"Please don't die." Was the last thing X said before Zero's breathing resided. X felt his body freeze at that and he knew he had to get Zero some help.

"No Zero please don't do this to me. Please you can't die. You can't leave me!" X was now carrying Zero's limp form to anyone he thought could help. He ran down the halls of the Hunter Base to the medical ward.

//Please come now

I think I'm falling

I'm holding on to all I think is safe

It seems I've found the road to nowhere

And I'm trying to escape//

"Please Zero, we're almost there, just hang on! Lifesaver?! Lifesaver?! Where are you?! Zero needs help! Come on!" X called out. He ran through the doors of Lifesavers office, kicking them open. When he didn't see him there he decided to go see someone else.

//I yelled back when I heard thunder

But I'm down to one last breath

And with it let me say

Let me say//

`Oh great! I don't have time for this! She might not be able to save Zero now! Come on Zero you have got to hang on a little bit longer!' thought X as he neared Dr. Sam's lab. Zero's breathing had returned, when X had told him he couldn't leave him, but he only succeeded in coming out with short ragged breaths. Zero also regained some sort of consciousness and he knew that he had to hang on! X was taking him to Dr. S so he knew that he would make it. Hopefully.

//Hold me now

I'm six feet from the edge

And I'm thinking

Maybe six feet

Ain't so far down//

"Dr. S! Dr. S!! Are you in there?! Zero needs help! Please open the door!" X was banging on the door and at the same time had Zero's body leaning on him with his arm around Zero's waist to steady him.

//I'm looking down

Now that it's over

I'm reflecting on all of my mistakes

I thought I found the road to somewhere

Somewhere in his grace//

After what seemed like forever, Dr. S finally opened the door to see X standing there with Zero leaning on him. She saw three ugly looking gashes on his chest, arm, and leg, each of which were still pouring out significant amounts of blood and oil. There was also a nice big puddle of the black and red substance gathering underneath the blue and the red clad hunters.

"Zero! Oh my god X! What happened to him?" Dr. Sam exclaimed as she took Zero's arm to check the wound. It looked deep and there was an occasional spark or two coming out of it. She checked Zero's breathing and it was hardly there. Sam looked up into X's eyes and saw them brimming with tears threatening to fall fourth any second.

//I cried out heaven save me

But I'm down to one last breath

And with it let me say

Let me say//

"Please help him. If you don't hurry he'll… he'll…" X cut himself off. He just couldn't finish the sentence. He just looked at Zero's body, then the tears he was trying to hold back sprung forth and streamed down his face.

"There, there X. Its okay, I'll take care of him. Bring him inside and I'll get to work. Come!"

X did as was told and carried Zero inside the lab. Dr. S pointed to a table that was used for `operating', so to speak, and indicated X to lay him there. X went over to the table and laid Zero on it.

"Hook up the black wire to the panel on the back of his neck" Sam instructed X.

"Okay." X took off Zero's helmet, letting his long golden hair loose, and got the wire ready. Sam ran over to a big computer screen, turned it on, and typed in a few words before running over to where X and Zero were.

//Hold me now

I'm six feet from the edge

And I'm thinking

Maybe six feet

Ain't so far down//

X turned the crimson hunter's head to the side, pressed a button, and a panel on the back of Zero's neck popped open. X placed the black wire in one of the compartments in the panel and pressed another button. (A/n: When X learned how to do this stuff? I do not know. ^_^!)

`Please let this work.' thought X and at that time Dr. S came over. She saw the look of worry in X's eyes so placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, then said, "Don't worry X. I won't let him die, you can count on me!" and X new he could trust her.

//Hold me now

I'm six from the edge

And I'm thinking

Maybe six feet

Ain't so far down

I'm so far down//

Sam ran back over to the computer screen and pressed a few more buttons and this time a kind of x-ray of Zero's body appeared. It showed where the gashes were and hoe deep they went. It didn't look good.

"X! I need you to open the panel on Zero's right arm then press the red button in there! Got it?" Dr. S yelled over to X. X did what he was told and a shock ran though Zero's form.

//Sad eyes follow me

But I still believe

There's something left for me//

"What was that?!" X yelled at Sam. He was afraid that he did something wrong so again he checked Zero's breathing. Surprisingly Zero was breathing normally now. "Wow!"

"Surprised? That button allows him to breath normally even with injuries as critical as these. Cool huh?" Sam said while typing stuff into the computer.

"Yeah, that's cool, but what about the repairs? Don't you think that you should start repairing him soon? I mean, even if he can breath right he could still… you know." X stated about to let the tears come again.

"X , its okay. I'll start the repairs now and you go get some rest. You really need it. Now get out of here and let me do my work." Sam smirked as she walked over to a cart that had lots of tools and parts on it.

"Okay, okay. I'll go." X also smirked then sighed and walked out the door but not without taking one last glance at Zero's still form. `Zero. Please be alright.'

//So please come stay with me

Cause I still believe

There's something left for you and me

For you and me

For you and me//

X walked the halls of the H. Q wondering where everyone was. `Oh that's right. They all went to that ceremony thing to recruit more hunters. But I though Lifesaver was going to stay. Oh well, but they should have been back by now. Wonder where they are.' X thought.

//Hold me now

I'm six feet from the edge

And I'm thinking

Thinking//

After a few minutes X found himself in front of Zero's use- to-be door, remember he blasted it, so he decided to go in and check out the damage. The room didn't look all that nice. There were cracks in the walls where one of his plasma blasts hit and one where Zero's body hit when Magma kicked him.

//Hold me now

I'm six feet from the edge

And I'm thinking

Maybe six feet

Ain't so far down//

Zero's bed was sliced in two, there was rubble all over the floor, there were papers scattered everywhere, and, of coarse, Zero's blood and oil pooled all over. X sighed and looked at his hands, which were covered in the same black and red fluids that were on the floor.

//Hold me now

I'm six feet from the edge

And I'm thinking

Maybe six feet

Ain't so far down//

`I guess I better clean myself up.' X thought and so went to do just that.

//Please come now

I think I'm falling

I'm holding on to all I think is

Safe//

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: I'm finished with this chapter! Yes! I rule the world! BWAHAHAHA!! One more chapter to go! And don't worry, I'm going to spoil it! Zero lives and fights Magma in an all or nothing battle to the death! I can't wait to finish it and get it up so please review if you want to read it! And thanks to all who review! See ya! ^_^!