MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Zero's Downfall ❯ The Final Battle pt.1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Notes: Hey! I'm back with the second-to-last chapter of my story! It's been a great so far and will continue to be great until it ends! But if enough people want a sequel, I can write it! I hope you have too! I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to review my story! Thanks a bunch! There's no song in this one. Yet anyway! This chapter is a little messed up. It goes from funny to serious/sad to funny to action to suspense. It's a little weird… Oh, I don't know! I'm so confused!

X: She's confused? How is she supposed to write the story properly if she's confused?!

Zero: How am I supposed to know?

X: You're her favorite.

Zero: So?

X: She loves you the most. Why don't you help give her some ideas?

Zero: Fine then I will! (Is seen walking over to GD and talking to her. He then is glomped by her.)

GD: Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You gave me the perfect idea for my story! Thanks Z! I love you! (Lets go of Zero then proceeds to push the two out of the computer room.)

X: Hey! What are you doing?!

GD: You guys can't see what is going to happen until it's finished! Now go!

Zero: Fine then we're going! Sheesh! You don't have to be so pushy. (Gets hit on the back of the head.) OWW! That hurt you know!

GD: Yeah, I know! ^____^! I'll call you guys when I'm done. Now get going! You guys took up to much space already.

Zero: Fine then. Come on X. Lets go play Megaman X5 on her Playstation until she's done.

X: You mean and watch you die again. Right?

Zero: Shut up!

X: Make me!

Zero: Gladly! (More fighting is heard on their way up the stairs.)

GD: Boys will be boys. *Sigh* Sorry about that! You can continue on to the story now! ^_^!

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters mentioned except Dr. Sam and Magma. I just kidnapped X and Zero from Capcom for the use of them in my story! I'll return them… sooner or later… They're having fun anyway! Thanks for reviewing! ^_^!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Zero's Downfall"

Ch. 3: "The Final Battle"

`Damn you Zero! You have managed to live with the help of that goodie, goodie and even managed to fully recover in only a few days! Now what am I going to do?' thought a reploid with black and gray armor. He was looking at a screen that had a view of Zero fighting with a boss character in the HQ's training room.

`I've got it! You won't live much longer Zero. Have fun while you can because you won't be here much longer! HA HA HA!'

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~*

One last slash and the hologram disappeared. X sat in a room towards the back of the training room. When he saw that the battle was over, and who won, he jumped up with joy. He ran out of the room and over to the winner.

"You did it Zero! You beat the strongest boss at the highest level!" X exclaimed then hugged the crimson hunter.

"Hey X, calm down!" Zero exclaimed. X was hugging him pretty tight and he was a little worn out. He was trying to keep his balance and not fall over, but to no avail.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it! I'm just so happy! I know for sure that you can beat Magma now and-Ungh!" They were both on the floor. Zero on his back and X lying on top of him.

Zero groaned and rubbed the back of his head. It was a good thing that he still had his helmet on or that would have really hurt. X also groaned and pushed himself off of Zero.

"Thanks a lot X." Zero grumbled.

"Heh heh. Sorry about that. Here. I'll help you up." X offered his hand and Zero gratefully used it to pull himself up, with X's help of coarse.

"Thanks." Zero stated wearily.

"No prob. Anyway, you should get some rest now. You look tired." X said this as a mother would to her child. This made Zero laugh.

"Yes mother." He replied sarcastically.

"That's a new one."

"What is?"

"You actually said something sarcastic! I got the `Red Demon' to say something sarcastic!"

"Well I guess you did, but you bess not tell anyone."

"Don't worry. I won't." X had an evil grin on his face.

"X, you better not!" Zero was getting a little worried now. He didn't want X to ruin his `bad boy' reputation.

"Come on Z. Don't you trust me?" X asked with his big puppy dog eyes.

"Let me think about that, hm…No!" Zero said with a huge smirk on his face.

"Well then maybe I will tell."

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh wouldn't I?" X started running out of the room.

"X! Get back here! You better not tell! I'll be ruined! X!!" Zero ran after the blue bomber intent on stopping him from doing any damage to his reputation. But just as he was about to run out of the room the door slammed shut.

"What the-Hey! X, you better open this door right now! I'm warning you! If you don't I'll-"

" You'll what?" Zero was cut off by that cold haunting tone.

"You again! What do you want?! Why won't you leave me alone?! Haven't you humiliated me enough?!" Just then Magma appeared in front of him.

"Calm down, would ya? I'm here to issue you a challenge. Do you wish to except?" Magma asked.

"What's the challenge?"

"A final battle without any interruptions. One of us lives and one dies. Who is the best fighter? We shall see."

"And when will this fight begin?"

"How about tomorrow at my master's old lab?"

"Sounds good. I accept your challenge but I don't know where that is."

"You sure about that? I could have sworn it was you who destroyed it in the first place." Magma stated sarcastically. Zero just glared at him. "Anyway, you'll get there when it is time." And with that Magma disappeared.

"Wait! Magma!! Great! Now what have I gotten myself into?" Zero sighed and, since Magma left, walked out the door of the training room.

Meanwhile, X was waiting for Zero around a corner. He was planning on jumping on top of Zero when he ran by. He was sure Zero was right behind him when he ran out but it had been awhile since he had seen the crimson hunter.

`I wonder where Zero went?" X thought. `Hmm, oh well. He'll show up sooner or later. In the mean time, I'll go take a rest.' And with that, X walked to his room to get some sleep.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~*

The next day Zero was quiet, more than usual, and looked really sad. X was worried about him but every time he asked `what's wrong?' Zero would ignore him and walk away.

"What happened to you Zero? You seemed so happy to finally get out of the lab but now, you won't even talk to me. What's up with you?!' X thought. He was getting really frustrated trying to figure out what was wrong with Zero.

"Maybe he just wants to be left alone. Well to bad. I'm going to follow him everywhere, if I have to, to find out what's wrong!' X then proceeded to find Zero. He made his way to the lunchroom first since Zero usually ate lunch at this time of day so he went to check.

X saw Zero sitting down, eating, and at his favorite table by a window that had a wonderful view. You could see the garden surrounded by trees and full of the most beautiful flowers. There were birds flying around and the sky was clear with only a few clouds floating around. It was kind of hard to be mad or sad on such a beautiful day.

"Hey Zero! What's up?" X asked sitting down across from Zero. The golden haired hunter just sighed in response and looked out the window, admiring the view.

"Come on Zero, talk to me. Your being so silent, it's getting on my nerves. Why won't you tell me what's wrong?" X was really concerned.

"X, if I'm not here tomorrow, promise me that you will forget. Forget about me. Don't waste your life thinking about how it could have been. Think about the future. Soon you'll find someone who you love… and you'll be happy." Zero said in a low voice full of sorrow, with tears brimming in his blue eyes.

"Zero, what are you talking about? There is no way that I could forget about you. How could you ask me to do something like that?" X was now more confused than ever.

"X, I might not be here tomorrow so I don't want you to live a life full of sorrow if I'm not here. Please… I got to go now. See ya." With that Zero got up and ran out of the lunchroom.

"Wait! Zero!" X yelled then blushed when he realized that everyone was staring at him. He then ran out of the room after Zero, face still a little flushed.

Zero ran to his room and slammed the door shut. (A/n: He got a new door. ^_^!) This caused other hunters to come out of their rooms and inspect what was going on. Upon finding that the noise was Zero's door, everyone decided to leave him alone. No one wanted to mess with him.

A few minutes later X came running up to Zero's room. He stood there trying to catch his breath since he ran all the way there.

"Zero? Are you okay? Please answer me! What did you mean by what you said earlier? What do you mean you might not be here tomorrow? Zero? Zero!" X banged on the door. "Fine then! If you won't answer me then I'll just stay right here until you come out and talk to me!" X then sat down in front of the door with his arms crossed and a determined look on his face. Whenever other reploids passed by they would look at X, then at the door, and keep walking.

A few hours later, it was starting to get dark and X was still sitting at the door but was starting to doze off since it was so boring just sitting there. Then he heard voices coming from Zero's room so he leaned his head on the door to hear better.

"So are you ready then?" said one voice that sounded a lot like Magma's.

"But it's barely getting dark! You said night! It's not time yet!" said the other voice. X was sure it was Zero's.

"You're just prolonging your death you know. Besides, night officially starts at 6:00 and it's already 7:30."

"Damn you Magma! Don't worry, I won't lose to the likes of you."

`Magma's back? Oh no! Zero!' X thought.

"You can talk, but do you have the moves to back it up?" Magma retorted.

"You bet I can! I can take you on any day of the week!" Zero replied.

"Okay then. Lets get this fight started right!" At that moment X blasted Zero's door open… Again.

"What the-X?! What are you doing?! Get away from here!" Zero yelled.

"You again?! Why do you always seem to show up at the worst times?! Besides, we were just leaving." Magma said then walked over to Zero.

"Where do think your going? Get away from him!" X yelled.

"We're just going to finish our battle." Replied Magma.

"When was there a battle to begin with? You jumped me when I was sleeping." Zero said and crossed his arms.

"Shut up! I can do whatever I want!" Magma yelled back.

"*choughliarchough*" Zero pretended to chough.

"Why you little-"

"People, people, calm down." X said

"Why should I? Your not the boss of me." Magma said and grabbed Zero's arm. "We got to be going now. See ya!"

"Don't worry X! I'll defeat him and come back! Don't worry! I hope." Zero yelled, then both him and Magma disappeared to who knows where.

"Wait! Zero!! Don't leave! Please! Oh Zero… I got to find him! Fast!" X ran out of the room to find lots of other hunters gathered out there. They all wanted to know hat happened but X kept insisting it was nothing, so they all left still wondering.

`I got to find Des before it's to late!' X thought and ran off to the central control room.

Meanwhile, in places unknown, Zero found himself in a room that looked like an old lab but it was mostly destroyed.

`Where am I? And where's Magma?' Zero thought while looking around. `And what happened here?'

"So, you're finally awake. I didn't think that you would be out for that long but, oh well. I say lets get this fight started. What do you think? Magma appeared out of the shadows.

"Hmm. Yes, lets get this fight started, the sooner the better." Zero replied and drew his green z-saber.

"Very well then." Magma said and drew his purple beam saber.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~*

A/n: Okay that's it for now! Sorry about the long wait for this chapter! I've been grounded and couldn't use the computer for a while. It's my mom's fault! Anyway, this was suppose to be the last chapter but it would take longer to type the rest and I don't have much time left so I thought I would give you a little bit to go on. Sorry again! Please review! I beg of you! Flames will be given to my friend Dilandau to play with. See ya!

X: Bye! Thanks for reading!

Zero: Come back again! And please review!

GD: REVIEW!PLEASE!