Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Issues ❯ The Old and New Era Issue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"You've gone away

From the stage

Leaving no words

There's just fake tears left"

X Japan Silent Jealousy

Issues

Chapter 1: The Old and New Era Issues.

"Nervous?" a feminine tone pierced her ears, the adult woman was asking her an obvious question, an adult woman that was looking at her with those dark depths, those orbs her brother loved so much.

"Not really" a short straight lie. The older woman only shrugged as a smile caressed her features. Then she approached the woman before her eyes, her golden her blazing solemnly at the caressing sun above them. Her answer was so straight and demure, with no signs of doubt, but her eyes. Those ocean blue eyes deceived her.

It was a sunny summer day in Cinq Kingdom, sun blistering strongly at every living thing below its empire. It was a peaceful region, where no one doubt or feared about their freedom and peace. No more armies that endangered the colonies and their dearest planet Earth.

But for the Vice Foreign Minister it was another story, she fought for the rights of her people, for the wishes of her mentor, and for her own stability. Everyone congratulated her about her good job in politics. Of what wonderful have been her ideas and her peace conservation. But deep inside her she didn't care at all. Indeed, she cared about her country, her ideals and for the people who lived there. Well, sort of…

Her eyes slowly downcast only to found her slim hands playing anxiously with her pale blue skirt. Each movement deceiving her more about her mild state of uneasiness. Then she looked up, waiting, aching…

She didn't need protection she was fine…was she?

Her head shook vehemently scaring any hints of hesitation or fear. There has been a squad trying to kidnap her, kill her, and any 'risky' and STUPID situation.

They were some revels against the new era. The mysterious squad has been sending her death notes, black mail. The rebels were saying that it was all her fault, that she was the initiative of this 'new' era.

With those flames against her, guilt and doubt begin creeping in her mind. What if they been right? Maybe she was wrong…maybe the Alliance was a better government that the one she was serving at.

Iie…Oz were the ones who killed my father…

She remembered to find some peace to her remorse. Again her hands began her way to her skirt, then to the plains of her blouse. Then she sighed deeply straightening against her chair, she trailed her hands to the armchairs and with one little push she stood up. She looked over the trail of the balcony that gave her the prefect view of her country's plains, mountains and nature.

She closed her eyes as she inhaled the intoxicating breeze that the forest allowed her. Remembering the times when she was so unsteady about that mysterious character. All the revolution, the wars and the increasing flames that those mechas produced.

Those steal monsters that destroyed everything, burned everything, for their special cause. To destroy Oz…the Alliance that destroyed the freedom and forbid the peace.

But it was the pilot that fulfilled the mecha. It was the pilot's heart that formed one with the mecha. The pilot was the soul of the Gundam.

Gundam…

How many times she heard that name, that name that was so short but yet so strong to destroy the whole world. Those mobile suits that were taking almost the entire world in their hands.

Their legacy was to fight against the misusing of the government's power. The uncontrolled rulement of the colonies. Each pilot had his own reason to battle. Pilots gave the Gundam a different soul, to make them different so they could need a new strategy to destroy them. But they couldn't because each pilot with their features and uniqueness made a part of an unbreakable team that little by little formed a group of unification.

But things have changed, and this was a new era to start from the beginning.

Nevertheless people haven't changed, there's still some rebel inconformity against the new era, there always be someone against the change.

She took those thoughts aside, as the wind again was blowing her hair, waving some gold to complement the air. She gulped; she heard some heels approaching to her spot. Then a soft rustle of clothes was heard. And later some little taps were running towards her.

"Auntie!" a high-pitched tone cheered the woman that rested on the balcony. The pensive woman turned around and picked the innocent infant on her arms. The child wasn't more than 5 and he resembled the young appearance of his father. But his eyes were the same of her mother's dark, intense. The young woman played with the boy's hair, it was almost like hers but his tended to be more silvery.

"When am I going to meet the men that controlled the Gundams?" the little boy inquired, the young woman smiled shortly as she let the boy down.

"When those men decide to visit your auntie" she said in a merry tone. But deep inside her she knew that she would never see them again.

"Look Kaa-chan! It's getting cloudy!!" the infant pointed out, stretching his chubby hand to the sky. His mother and aunt looked at the sky too.

"My, my, my, who've known that it would be cloudy today after that shinny sun we saw in the morning?" his mother said waiting for her son's hand to bring him inside.

"Relena-san you should come inside too…" the older woman suggested looking that her aunt's son was making no move to come inside.

"Hai, and forget the formalities Noin, you're my sister-in-law now" she looked over her shoulder as she dedicated Noin a brief sweet smile. Noin smiled back and nodded respectfully.

"Where's touusan? When am I gonna see him?" the little boy asked as he still had his tiny hand over her mother's larger one.

"Later dear, later…" Noin responded then they closed the door of the room.

Again she was alone with her thoughts, she didn't wanted to, but it was better than to be reminded about those hurting little things. Her eyes doomed, she saw some little drops fall into her white pinkish skin. Maybe the rain could wash all this sorrow away.

So many years of prosperity and peace, so many advises, suggestions to form the new era.

It wasn't her fault; because of the Gundam there IS a new era, not because of her strong sense of judgment. But the entire burden was now on her, because she made some contact with the former Gundam pilots. Well, at least some of them.

And now that every one of them didn't want to rule this new era, it was she to do so, or at least represent them in this new government. Every one of them chose their own path returning in a non-pressure environment, living happily ever after.

An old fairy tale…

She thought bored, of course he heard some news about Duo, because of Hilde's stories, but the others were just erased from the map. To forget them forever. Each one of them chose their paths so no one could follow them, of course only the ones that they allowed them to. They wanted to live their private life with no honorifics, no rewards, just the peace she always had fought for.

The rain started to fall more intensely, wetting her clothes, her skin, and each drop of water giving her creeps to all her spine. Tings of cold trailed down her features, but still, she stayed on the same spot. No matter how hard it rained, her solitude was grater than any other feeling she could experience right now.

She embraced herself slowly, closing her eyes raindrops falling lazily over her eyelids contouring each feature of her fragile features. She sighed deeply and again she opened her blurry eyes. All the grayish tones were hovering in the country in her view.

Omae wo korosu…

I'll protect you…

Trust me…

Sayonara, Relena…

"Yamete!!" A painful shriek escaped from her lips, twisting uncontrollably at the words she had forbidden to remember. Her slim form recoiled until her knees touched the wet floor. Her forehead resting over the bars of the balcony and her hands covering her broken smile. Her cries were muffled by the thunders that cracked up in the sky.

CLICK!

Her back stiffened at the sound behind her, she wiped away her tears as she tried to gain composure. She didn't want to look back, if she did, she would be lost. But her instincts betrayed her making her turn slowly and painfully.

And there's where ocean and cobalt crushed.

End of Chapter 1

Iie = No, Hai = Yes, Yamete = Stop it, Sayonara = Farwell

Thanks for reading this. It's my first Gundam fic ever, so please be nice and gentle, I accept all kinds of flames, but please don't be too harsh ^^Uu. English is not my native language so I'm not so good at spelling and grammar. Gomen nasai (suu bows deep)

And if you reading this and you aren't a Relena /Heero lover, what on earth are you doing here? Don't you read the summary?