Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ G-element ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back-story for New Mobile War Chronicle: G-Element (Gundam Element)

I came up with this after reading up on all the Gundam AU out there, and watching the somewhat underappreciated G-Gundam on the Cartoon Network. I more or less combined elements from a lot of the series, most obviously Gundam Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam, so of course some stuff may seem familiar. But there will be original material including Mobile Suits. Thanks to Sideswipe for some inspiration and for giving me the idea on how to start this Fic off.

Prologue: The year is S.C. (Space Colonization) 160 and for the U.A.C. (Universal Alliance of Colonies) and Earth wars have come and gone. But the war that changed the lives of every single being in the universe is long over. As earth began to move out into space they discovered that humanoid mobile suits were needed to construct the colonies to house the people of the horrifically overpopulated Earth. But unfortunately the peaceful Earthlings found another need for the massive robots. As soon as they fully explored their own galaxy they were met by an unfortunate roadblock. They were met by the Kabal, a humanoid race of beings who wanted no less than to conquer earth and the surrounding planets. Under control of the sinister War Minister Rotwang, the Kabalites nearly defeated the Earth's forces until scientists managed to fully alter the Mobile Suits for war. The fighters and cruisers of the Kabal space navy couldn't contend with the highly advanced and extremely maneuverable Mobile suits and were defeated soon after. The naïve Earth leaders accepted the Kabalites's offer of peace and allowed them become assimilated into the human population. Afterwards, the same leaders decided to destroy all the Mobile Suits, for fear that they might be used for killing once again. It is now a hundred and fifty years in the future and the Gundams are nothing but ancient history. Some people even doubt that the legendary Gundams ever actually existed, attributing it too legend and the tendency of people to exaggerate information. Even the ruling body denies that the Mobile Suits ever existed. But everything is not well is this perceived paradise. The Kabal have been at work for the entire century and a half, rebuilding their army in secret, but this time they have a surprise for the U.A.C.

Main Characters:

Thomas Cane: A disheartened former soldier, who deserted the military after discovering the corruption inherent in the government and their complete disregard of the growing Kabal threat. His great-grandfather Riddick Cane was a Gundam pilot during the Great War, who upon retiring hid his prized Thunder Gundam, knowing full well that it would be needed again. So it is up to the renegade Cane and his Gundam to seemingly combat the Kabalite threat and the U.A.C. units hunting him down single handed.

Maria Spencer: On and off girlfriend of Thomas Cane. She is torn between her love and her life, since she is agent for the sterile Intelligence Department of the U.A.C. She is Cane's most valuable and frankly, only ally in his personal war against the Kabal. Her biggest fear is that Thomas will be killed and dismissed as some worthless vigilante.

President Reginald Avery: Corrupt leader of the U.A.C. He refuses to acknowledge the Kabal threat even under insurmountable evidence.

Admiral Phillip Boulle: Commander of the U.A.C. military, who is forced to ignore the Kabal by President Avery. Still he realizes that Cane is a hazard and orders him to be captured and executed.

War Minister Rotwang: Supreme Dictator of the Kabalites, who according to Kabal legend is immortal. He has acquired ancient Gundam schematics and plans to mass produce his own army of Mobile Suits. He is an evil calculating leader will not stop at anything until his has his revenge on the human race.

Mecha: Thunder Gundam, one of the legendary Gundams of old. It is believed that it is the last of its kind though rumors that more still exist spread throughout Earth and the Colonies. Thunder Gundam belonged to Cane's Great-Grandfather, who heavily modified and improved it. Cane after finding the Ms and repairing it, realizes that only by piloting the powerful machine can one man make a difference in the battle against the Kabalites. Constructed using a long lost alloy, the T-Gundam is incredibly tough and highly agile. The Thunder Gundam is armed with beam sabers, a number of Vulcan cannons and two special weapons, the lightning laser and a super-powerful beam weapon known as the Solar Flare Cannon. It looks the Tallgeese, with a little RX-78 and the Gerbera Tetra mixed in, as hard as that might be to imagine.

Shiv: The first product of Kabal reverse engineering and research, it is a poor version of the original Gundams and is in no way up to the original power they exhibited, but still the Kabal have built many of these inferior suits, knowing that sheer numbers will hopefully be able to defeat the U.A.C armada. Reminiscent of the Gouf although colored differently according to unit preference.

As time goes by I will update the list of Characters as well as general information on new Mobile Suits as they show up.