Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam: Short Stories ❯ New York ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New York
I awoke with his head on resting on my stomach. He was a handsome man: blond hair, chiselled jaw, muscular body etc. I wandered if the people in the colonies were all like him and if so, I'm very tempted to go up there once things have calmed down between Zeon and the Federation.
We had met at a roadside café in New York a week ago. We hit it off over a cappuccino and a light dinner next to the Hudson. He told me was a lieutenant with the 84th Mobile Suit Division that dropped into New Jersey two weeks ago. It was his first time on Earth and was adamant to see the sights. That evening we went walking through Manhattan, probably covering about twenty blocks worth of road and we were both exhausted by the time I got back to my studio flat near Central Park. I wanted him and he wanted me but we fell asleep in each other's arms instead. The next day I awoke to find he had gone. Eventually I noticed the note he had left on the dining table. He had to report back to base for a mission but said that once he returns he will find me again.
I saw his handsome face again a week later, sitting at the same café that we had met and drinking a cappuccino. There was a fresh cup sitting on the table as if he knew I would show up. I later found out that he had to re-order free coffee about five times because he was there for about three hours before I showed up. Very corny, I know, but it was cute nonetheless.
There was something about him that attracted me to him. When we chatted about ourselves or about the world around us we would find that no matter how different our views were, there was always a link between the way we thought. Like old friends, we found ourselves talking as if we were reminiscing about our past. Sometimes I would look into his azure eyes and could almost see exactly what he was thinking and understood him without even saying anything.
That evening we wrapping ourselves in each other's arms and made love. It was the first time that I've slept with anyone from the colonies. He knew where to touch me, where I was sensitive and what I wanted to do. He was not forceful but our bodies and minds found harmony together and flowed wherever we wanted to go. I passed out sometime during the night from both exhaustion and ecstasy.
I woke up today expecting him to have gone but found him resting his head on my stomach. He was still asleep and was snoring gently. I ran my fingers through his silk-like hair and held him close to me. I wanted to burn this moment into my memories. After ten minutes of zen-like stillness, he stirred from his sleep.
“Good morning.” He whispered.
“Good morning.” I replied.
“It feels nice to be resting on something so soft.”
“Hmmm,” I moaned slightly as he shifted his head on my abdomen, “Don't you have to head back to your base?”
“No. I have a 72 hour pass after completing the last mission. Earth's gravity is quite punishing on a pilot's body and that last mission took a lot out of all of us.”
“Oh.”
“Oh what?”
“I mean I didn't know it was so tough to pilot a…what do you call them? Modern suits?”
“Mobile suits,” he said opening his eyes for the first time and turned his head to face me, “It's like flying a plane except a hundred times more difficult. Piloting one of those suits requires a lot of concentration and physical strength. We are given a specialised exercise and relaxation routine. We also eat a lot of food too.”
“So I'm guessing you're hungry right now.”
He smiled back at me, “Yeah, a bit.”
I lifted his head from by body and skipped over to the kitchen area naked. Opening the fridge I grabbed three fresh eggs and some milk to make some scrambled eggs. I decided to use real eggs today because I'm in a good mood. Placing the ingredients down on the counter-top, I noticed that he was staring at me. I instinctively knew that he was mesmerised by my body so I decided to do a quick twirl to give him a show. After I stopped to face him again, he grinned and gave me a round of applause. I bowed with a smile and went to the cupboard to take out the frying pan with a smile.
As I reached in, I saw my Glock pistol taped to the inside of the cupboard. My eyes lingered on the gun and my mind suddenly became clear. I had known that he liked blondes so I had my brown hair dyed blonde. I had known that he was a huge fan of cappuccinos so I knew that he would visit my local café to try it's world famous cappaucino. I had known that he liked long walks when going out with a girl so I dragged him around Manhattan all afternoon and evening. I even knew what he liked for breakfast. I knew my mission was to extract his unit's movements and I would continue this act until my objectives were accomplished.
To the outside world, I looked like a woman that is sleeping with the enemy. I really don't care. People can hate me all they want but as an agent of the Earth Federation Intelligence Agency I would use any means necessary to complete my mission. This would probably come back to haunt me eventually but, right now, the lives of Federation soldiers on the line were more important.
“So,” I said, placing the pan on the electric stove, “Where are you going to go next with your giant alter-ego?”