My Little Pony Fan Fiction ❯ A Walk Among Spirits ❯ Chapter 22

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nip Tuck walked out of The Clinic with her head lowered and her focus on the floor. The platinum blonde stallion saw her leave and left the two nurse Ponies and walked over to her and asked, "Everything alright ma'am?"

 

"Yeah, I'm alright. It's just," Nip Tuck said before she changed the subject and asked, "When will the new test subjects arrive?" The stallion pondered her question before he took out a pocket watch from his lab coat pocket and flipped it open. He saw the time and did a little math in his head. When he finished, he closed the pocket watch and placed it back in his lab coat pocket.

 

"Shouldn't be long now, at the latest it might be 3 pm, but that would only be if they suffered any complications along the way," the stallion answered.

 

She nodded and walked past him. As she passed by him she stated, "I'm heading to my room to rest. Please come get me when the new test subjects arrive. I feel they'll help me with my state of mind." the stallion nodded before he walked into The Clinic to clean it up and prep it for the new arrivals.

 

Nip Tuck walked through the hallway in The Lounge. She kept her head down and stared at the floor as she walked towards her room. She didn't want to make eye contact with any of the Ponies there. Many of the staff in the hallway gave her a wide berth as to keep from bumping into her. She rounded a corner and went down a long hallway with wooden doors along each side of the hallway. Each door was numbered and had Pony's names etched into the wood of the door. Some of the doors had Pony's names scratched out and new names etched underneath them.

 

When she reached the end of the hallway. She stood in front of a steel door. She placed her right front hoof on the wall next to the door. A light went from the top of her hoof to the bottom several times before it disappeared. Ten clicks came from the steel door before it automatically opened. She walked in and slowly closed the door.

 

Once the door closed, the lights came on automatically as a disembodied voice greeted, "welcome home Nip Tuck." Nip Tuck turned to face the empty room. The room was much like a two bedroom apartment. Its walls were painted in a rose pink color; there was a couch, loveseat, and recliner. All three were sitting across from a large TV. A thick white shag carpet covered the floor.

 

As she walked across the living room a hologram of a blue mare appeared behind her and asked, "How was your day?" the mare smiled warmly at Nip Tuck who looked back at the hologram and sighed.

 

"It was fine Electronica," Nip Tuck stated as she crawled onto the couch.

 

The hologram of the mare trotted over and shook her head before she said, "You created me to scan a Pony's mental state and right now yours is irregular. So let me help you." Nip Tuck sighed and rolled on her back and placed her arm over her eyes.

 

"I'm just wondering if what I did was right." Nip Tuck said as she continued, "He was so perfect. He would lead my army to Canterlot and take the castle, but now." She sighed again as Electronica walked over to her and began brushing her hologram hoof through Nip Tuck's hair. The hoof simply phased through her hair, but Electronica didn't seem to notice or care.

 

"I've seen you come back from worse. Remember that mare you thought could lead your army only to watch her be killed or what about that stallion you liked so much. You got over his death," Electronica said before she continued, "I know you want to storm the castle now, but patience is the key. Should you rush and overlook any variable. All your planning will be for nothing."

 

"I know, I know. I just want to help Equestria now. The longer that bitch and her shitty sister are in power. The more Ponies have to suffer," Nip Tuck said before she added, "I'll grant them power, I'll grant them safety. I'll be a much better ruler than those two." Before Electronica could respond there was a knock at the door.

 

Electronica moved from Nip Tuck's side and walked over to the door. She placed her hologram hoof on the door and asked, "May I help you?"

 

"I was instructed to inform the professor when the new test subjects arrived," the stallion on the other side of the door stated.

 

"Understood, I'll inform her at once," Electronica said. When the stallion didn't respond, she assumed he had left. She turned to Nip Tuck who had turned her back to Electronica.

 

"Aren't you going to The Clinic?" Electronica asked.

 

"I'm not in the mood," Nip Tuck stated

 

"But you always seem to have a smile on your face when you finish infusing Ponies. Plus, there might be a unicorn in this batch," Electronica said. Nip Tuck didn't say anything for a while. She then rolled over to face Electronica and soon got off the couch. Nip Tuck walked past her and opened the door. She was surprised to see the platinum blonde stallion waiting for her.

 

"I figured you'd left after reporting in," Nip Tuck said as the door closed behind her.

 

"I had thought about it but figured you might want some company on your way there. Also, I can give you my full inventory report of the new arrivals," the platinum blonde stallion stated. Nip Tuck nodded and the two proceeded towards The Clinic.

 

"So what are we looking at in terms of inventory?" Nip Tuck asked.

 

"We've acquired fifteen new test subjects: five Earth Ponies, six Pegasi, and four Unicorns," The stallion said.

 

"How many are foals?" Nip Tuck asked.

 

"Three: two Unicorn fillies and one colt Earth Pony," the stallion stated before he continued, "All are being sedated in The Clinic. They'll be out for quite a while. If I'm understanding correctly. One of the Pegasus mares gave the mercenaries trouble."

 

"How can one mare give highly trained mercenaries trouble?" Nip Tuck questioned

 

"According to what they told me. The mare in question wasn't particularly fast, but whenever she bumped into something. Objects from it would fall on top of them," the stallion said.

 

"She must have used her surroundings to her advantage, but it seemed to fail," Nip Tuck said before she asked, "Have you talked with the staff working to fix the skybox?"

 

"Yes, I went to check on them first before coming here. Their progress is actually ahead of schedule and the skybox will be fixed by tomorrow morning," the stallion said.

 

The two reached The Clinic and walked through the double doors. Inside, all fifteen Ponies were on individual beds with I.V.s in their left arms and masks helping them breathe. Nip Tuck's horn illuminated and a white plastic surgical mask floated over to her. She placed it on before walking over to a cupboard and opening it. Inside were various gems of different colors, shapes, and sizes. Each gem had something swimming inside of it. Nip Tuck took a small orange gem in her magic and walked over to a Unicorn stallion.

 

She placed the gem on the table next to the Unicorn before she placed her right front hoof on the Unicorn's head and her left front hoof on the Unicorn's horn. She began to put pressure on the horn as her right hoof kept the Unicorn's head steady. She pushed down with all her might on the horn until finally. Snap.