My Little Pony Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos Reborn ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"WHAT!" Twilight shouted and quickly trotted backward before saying, "Why are we getting him?"

 

"We need powerful allies to help us fight Chaotic. Since Luna, Cadence, and Celestia are captured. We have no choice but to work with him and the others," Discord explained before he added, "If the Gods won't help us, we'll get their Epitaphs."

 

"Epitaphs?" Twilight asked.

 

"Warriors of the Gods," Discord admitted before he continued,

 

"Since the Gods can't interfere with the world or each other. They give a small portion of their power to beings they see worthy of it. I am the Epitaph of the former Chaotic. The one before he was corrupted."

 

"But you acted as though you'd never heard of him when Celestia brought him up," Twilight said.

 

"This Chaotic I refuse to acknowledge. When I first met him, he was a fun loving God who said he might be the God of chaos, but he actually felt like the God of pranks. That's why my chaos magic might seem playful," Discord said as they continued on.

 

"So what happened to make him change?" Twilight asked.

 

"I'm not sure," Discord admitted as he shook his head and added, "I felt his magic change and then he broke the oath and attacked our plain. Queen Aurora asked the Gods for help, but because of the oath, they could not interfere. However, they sent their Epitaphs to aid her."

 

"Which side did you fight on?" Twilight asked.

 

"I was torn between Aurora and my God. Should I help my friend who had treated me like I was one of her dear Ponies or my God who gave me these powers and who trusted me with it? However, that's when I heard it," Discord said.

 

"Heard what?" Twilight asked

 

"Chaotic's voice," Discord said before he added, "the old Chaotic. His voice told me to stop this corrupted version of himself. He allowed me to keep his power and I aided Aurora to banish Chaotic from this plain or the Gods plain. We then hid the ritual to call for him. You see every God has a ritual you need to perform to call to them. We didn't want anyone calling to him, but it looks like someone did."

 

"So Sombra is one of these Epitaphs of the Gods?" Twilight then asked.

 

"Yeah, he's the Epitaph of Eclipse. He felt her power and wanted more and she obliged until her power corrupted him, but I believe we can help bring him back to his normal self," Discord said before he admitted, "I hope."

 

The two continued through the snowy tundra until they found a large ice block sitting on the surface of the snow. Discord wiped away the snow to reveal Sombra's curved red horn. He turned to Twilight and explained, "Since you have all three of the alicorn's magic, you also have their knowledge and memories. You can see the resurrection spell and use it to bring him back."

 

Twilight nodded and closed her eyes. Images began to swirl in her mind. The images of books, papers, and parchments flashed in her mind until a single book appeared. The latch clicked and the book opened until it stopped on a single page. She saw the words as they glowed in her mind. Her eyes shot opened and glowed as her horn glowed. Thick lavender aura seeped out of her horn and into the large block of ice. The lavender magic quickly changed to pitch black just before it swirled inside the curved horn.

 

The ice block began to violently shake before a crack rippled up from the bottom all the way to the top. The ice block then split in two before each side fell in opposite directions to the snowy ground. The curved horn hovered in the air before black smog seeped from the ground before it exploded from the ground in a vortex. When the vortex disappeared, Sombra hovered in the air several inches off the ground before he was lightly placed on the snowy ground.

 

He slowly opened his eyes and then blinked several times before he shook his head and place a hoof to the side of his head and asked, "What happened? Where am I?"

 

Twilight's eyes dimmed and she stared at Sombra before she slowly backtracked and asked, "Will he?"

 

"No," Discord said as he shook his head and added, "Whatever you and your friends did the last time completely cleansed him of Eclipse's corruption."

 

"Discord?" Sombra asked before he looked around at the snowy tundra and added, "Where am I?"

 

"Outside the Crystal Empire," Discord admitted before he asked, "Do you remember anything?"

 

"I remember making the pact with Eclipse and then I remember simply floating in darkness," Sombra said.

 

"So you don't" Discord said before he sighed and rubbed his eyes.

 

"You were corrupted," Twilight admitted before she explained, "According to Discord: the first time Eclipse corrupted you. Celestia and Luna had to use the Elements to defeat you. That was a thousand years ago and then five years ago you came back and attempted to destroy the Crystal Heart, but" Twilight stopped before she added, "my friends and I restored it and defeated you a second time."

 

Sombra nodded and bowed to Twilight and said, "I'm grateful for you and your friends. I'm grateful that you help cleanse me of her corruption, but why have you resurrected me?"

 

"Chaotic has been resurrected," Discord said flatly.

 

"So you're getting the God's Epitaph to once again fight your God?" Sombra deduced.

 

"He is not my God," Discord growled.

 

"I did not mean to disrespect. I only meant the Chaotic before he became corrupted," Sombra said.

 

"How did he become corrupted anyway," Twilight asked.

 

"I'm not sure and I'm sure Eclipse will not share unless we present a gift to her," Sombra said before he thought and then added, "Maybe Void might know."

 

"I was thinking the same thing," Discord said before he admitted, "Void and Chaotic have always been close like brothers."

 

"So where is Void's Epitaph?" Twilight asked.

 

"You didn't tell her?" Sombra asked Discord who shook his head.

 

"I knew if I told her she'd not go along with this," Discord said before he turned to Twilight and said, "You're going to need to find another spell."

 

"Who are we getting? What spell will I need?" Twilight asked.

 

"You'll find out soon, but you'll need a spell to open a door to Tartarus," Discord explained.

 

"Tartarus? Why would we need a door to," Twilight began before the dots connected and she realized who they were going after. She began to back away and repeat, "No, no, no, no." she shook her head and continued, "We can't release him! He nearly destroyed all of Equestria."

 

"Don't worry," Discord said before he added, "I've got this. Trust me."

 

"You helped him!" Twilight retorted.

 

"Yeah, but I felt bad about it and he took my magic too," Discord said before he sighed and added, "I'm not making the same mistake twice. I've got a plan to keep him from trying to take over the world. So trust me." Twilight glared at him for several seconds before she let out a sigh and nodded.

 

She closed her eyes and more images appeared in her mind. More books, papers, and parchments swirled in her mind before a parchment unfolded in her mind and the words glowed. Her eyes shot open and glowed before her magic surged. A stream of lavender magic mixed with gold and dark blue magic shot out of her horn and slammed into the ground a few feet away. The ground shook before a large 40-foot tall door rose up from the ground in front of the three. Twilight's eyes dimmed and she stumbled before she looked up towards the door.

 

"Sweet Celestia," Twilight said in shock as she saw the door. The large doors had depictions of Ponies, Griffins, Dragons, and other types of creatures being wrapped in chains with meat hooks digging into their flesh and dragging them down while the top of the door had the depiction of a city in the clouds as rays of light beam down towards those being dragged down. The frame around the door was made of different creature's skulls seemingly letting out a soundless scream.

 

"A little excessive don't you think," Discord said as he walked up next to Twilight.

 

"Indeed," Sombra said as he walked up on the other side of Twilight and added, "Hate for this to be the last thing you see before you get dragged into Tartarus."

 

The two doors slowly began to part before they started to open. The hinges began to scream and the sound of tortured souls echoed as it began to open. Twilight's ears bent back as their screams came to the crescendo before finally stopping as the door fully opened. Twilight stared at the door and into Tartarus as she swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and with Discord to her right and Sombra to her left she walked into Tartarus to find Tirek.