Nadesico Fan Fiction ❯ My Tenkawa!! ❯ It starts out simple... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Light tinges of red coated their cheeks after an evening's strenuous exercise.
"
Wow, that was, wow. I never knew you could be like that Ruri."

"I didn't either. And thank you, Akito, this gesture means so much to me."

"Oh and I'm so tired."

"Well it is late at night, and we have been doing it for hours."

Yes and no is the answer to your questions. After a long, hard night with fits of laughter and games like Jenga, the young couple were giddy and overtired. Akito was rather pleased by the new change in this young girl. It was nice to see her act her age, or at least like a carefree youth. Himself on the other hand, barely could act his age either. Quite a little boy he turned out to be. His ever-present mood swings and quick rise to anger contrasted starkly with this calm, mature, wise young girl before him. Akito chuckled to himself. Sometimes he was even teased that he was manic depressive, though he thought maniac depressive described him better. Not that being a manic depressive was funny at all.
Ruri fidgeted slightly with her uniform, unsure about this silence. Akito seemed to be reliving some fun memories. Ones probably with those beautiful women who chase him. How could she compare to them? She was like a cute rag doll. Good to carry around a while, but soon you'll forget about her, a new and better toy easily fulfilling the owners wants. Sure, "cute" and "adorable" worked, but it lacked "attractive" and "sexy". Men of the men hounded on those women, wy couldn't they just choose them? Certainly they would have a better relationship with them than a crazy anime-fetished boy like Akito! But then, why didn't she pick someone else. She was smart enough to know some sort of relationship coming from this young lad would be insane. It would be like a mother and a child. But yet, it was this child that she clung to every word and every moment she had with him. What made him so attractive in a different way then other males? Was it his young innocence and clumsy charm? Or the easy way that a few simple words could quip a blush? It seemed as the only females onboard that didn't have their eyes set for him was Houmei the chef and Izumi; she already had enough problems with lovers, she probably was the only one sane enough at the time not to choose Akito. Or was it the other way around? What an idiot she was. Thinking she could capture the eyes of Tenkawa, yet alone his heart...

"Baka.." The muttered word seem loud in the quiet room, and Akito was brought out of his revere.

"Ruri, did you say something?" The gentle pale figure gasped slightly, unaware of her slip. A slight blush adorned the high cheek bones lovingly.

"Sorry, it was just a slip." Akito let it at that, it seemed she didn't want to talk about it. he grinned as different thoughts went wound through his mind.

"Ruri, may I ask you a personal question?" The false innocence of that question was palpable.

"Yes. But that does not guarantee I will answer it." Akito scooted a little closer to her.

"May I kiss you?" Split fear and joy ripped through Ruri's body at the question. She lowered her eyes, the gaze Akito gaze her made her internal temperatures soar. A kiss? She would love it. But he couldn't possibly like a kiss from an inexperienced woman like her! She started to panic. She wanted to say 'yes', but then he'd leave her because of the disgusting way she'd fumble around those lips. But if she'd say 'no', then he'd think she hated him, or was not interested in a relationship with him, leaving her all alone for another woman who better deserved him.

"How about this question then." Akito was slightly amused by her flustered behavior. "Would you be appalled if I kissed you?" Akito smiled as Ruri shook her head no, in such a shy, alluring manner. Akito reached out, gently guiding the strands of silver hair behind her ears. The touch on her skin caused her to jump slightly, but the soothing brush of skin on skin made her tranquil. A hand brought her chin up, her eyes meetings his that were so close by. She held her breath at the proclamation of her name.

"Ruri.." It was total bliss. Akito gently worked his lips with hers, until she found the pattern. The contact sent electric chills down her spine. There was nothing quite like it. And best of all, he hadn't pulled away disgusted, but instead pressed further intrigued. At last her first, fumbling kiss was over.

"Akito." She breathed, excited by his show of affection.

"Yes Ruri?" He inquired, he looked in no way worse for wear compared to my uncertainty.

"That was nice, can we do it again sometime." Her shaky voice lilted a bit in good humor, and Akito laughed at her attempted joke.

"Sure Ruri. But now, I need to leave, it's my turn to cook. Come by my room later after your next shift is done." He grabbed her hand gently like royalty, bringing it his lips, giving it a whispering kiss. "Until next time." he left her blushing and with an old cliché.

Ruri concluded it had been a rather wonderful night. Maybe Tenkawa did like her. Maybe she did have a chance. She stood up grinning, saying what she always wanted to say to those immature girls.

"He's mine, and I'm his, so hands off." Glee spread across her features. Life was not as bad as it always seems.