Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Spark of Fire ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Masashi Kishimoto and Phil and Kaja Foglio. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Naruto or Girl Genius Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Spark of Fire
Part Four

Kakashi was awaiting the next move from the blond surprise. The boy was clever enough to figure out the test before even getting started, something he had never expected. It took some quick thinking to get the test moving, and even then it might have failed if the other two students had taken Naruto's word over his.

'Fortunately for me, they were more willing to take the word of an skilled jonin over the words of a poor student. Now the question is what will our clever friend do now, after he decided to get back at me for making him look foolish?' asked the sensei as he stood in the clearing across from the young boy.

Naruto pulled back his orange jumpsuit sleeve and revealed a strange wrist mounted device. Kakashi thought to himself, 'This isn't good. The Hokage told me about Naruto's little toys. It's likely this will not end well.'

He was right as Naruto kept the device level and then there was a small light of chakra on the device. Then the kunai started to fly from the wrist at great speed. It was a shower of steel coming straight at him. He did the only thing he could think of to avoid the knives coming at him. The Kawarimi no Jutsu. He quickly replaced himself with a block of wood to take the brunt of the attack.

The image of himself penatrated with at least a dozen ninja knives was not a sight he wanted to see again, even after it turned back into a piece of wood. At least he was getting an idea of what Naruto was capable of doing. He reviewed the situation again, ' It looked like the grades I got on Naruto seem to be inaccurate, or at least out of date. It looks like I'm going to have to work on this more then I thought.'

The boy in orange didn't seemed phased by the substitution jutsu, "I knew you were going to just switch out of the trouble I was going to give you. It's a basic ninja skill, yet the basic Uzumaki Kunai Shooter Cartridge is useful for any being who can't use chakra for an attack or counter. It looks like I'm going to have to use some of the more advance cartridges." Said Naruto as he pulled out a small rectange from the wrist device and pulled out a second on to take it's place.

Naruto then pulled down some goggles and started looking around for something. Kakashi knew the boy was looking for him, since he had taken to hiding to see what the boy would be doing next. The blond soon turned to his direction and stop so he was looking directly at the jonin. Kakashi realized what was happening, 'The goggles must have some kind tracking vision which foil hiding techniques. He can see me despite all of my skills in disguise. So what are you going to do next?'

The blue eyed boy fired only three kunai this time instead of the dozen he did the last time. This spoke to a different tactic then what happened before, yet Kakashi decided to test it by using the same jutsu as a before. He replaced himself with another short log before moving away. Only the knvies twisted away from the wood and turning around to his direction.

"I hope you like my chakra seeking kunai. Once my goggles identified your chakra, it transfered the information to the kunai in the cartridge. Now the three kunai will hunt you down until they hit something deep enough to stick." said the genius as he looked at his sensei.

'Crap! I am really going to have to speak to the Hokage about not telling the full range of Naruto's gagetry. Good thing Naruto isn't trying to kill me, or he wouldn't have told me how to stop these things. I'm starting to see a pattern to the methods he is using. Keep me off balance and keep wearing me out and he can take me down despite me being a jonin. I need a way to turn the tables on him and place him on the offensive, but first I have to stop the kunai!' thought the jonin as he looked for something to jam the blades into.

Meanwhile with one of the two other students...

Sasuke was watching with interested eyes as he saw what was suppose to be the dobe, the worse student in the class, seeming to keep a jonin on the run. A ninja ranked as the highest a ninja can get before become kage level in skill. It seemed that Naruto's toys were giving him the advantage against the older ninja. Something which interested Sasuke as it could be useful in giving him an edge against his older brother.

'With tools like that kunai shooter, I might be able to keep Him off balance long enough for me to deliver the killing blow. It might not be the usual Uchiha strategy to use something like that, but I'm willing to use anything which would give me an advantage against Him. Yet how am I going to get something like it?'

Sasuke kept thinking of the uses of the shooter as he tried to develop his own strategy for taking a bell from Kakashi. Even if Naruto didn't believe Kakashi rules for the test, it was seeming likely he would be getting a bell before everything was through. The black haired boy didn't want to have to depend on the blond's generousity for a bell.

Yet the other boy's tricks were giving him an idea of how to take down the jonin instructor, using the element of surprise. A mixture of his taijutsu or physical jutsu with his ninjutsu or special jutsu could take him down. It was unfortunate he didn't have any genjutsu or illusion justu to use against the jonin, but he would just have to go with what he's got.

Now for a feminine look at events...

Sakura was still trying to get over the events of the battle before her. Her mind was reeling, 'That idiot Naruto has Kakashi-sensei on the run with his insane kunai launcher on his wrist. How the heck do you get a kunai to hunt after a person's chakra? How is the poorest student in the whole class managing to put a jonin on the run with just a weapon?'

'Then there was the tactics that madboy is using against Kakashi-sensei. The idea of keeping our teacher on the defensive while staying on the offensive does keep Naruto at an advantage. This is a jonin though, he's suppose to be the most highly rank ninja a regular ninja can reach. First he gets hit by Naruto's moronic chalk brush trick and now he's on the retreat from the madboy's kunai. Either we got a dud jonin, Kakashi is not using all of his skill against us or Naruto is more powerful then we thought. It has to be one of the first two, cause Naruto can't be that powerful.'

What was making her worried is the fact it looked like unless he screwed up, Naruto was getting one of the bells. Her mind was racing, 'I know that Sasuke can get a bell with ease if Naruto can, but that means all of the bells would be taken. I doubt Naruto was right when he said that Kakashi was wrong, even if it turns out our sensei is a dud. He's a teacher, why would he lie?'

'I get it, Naruto must have been saying the test is a lie and he would be giving us a bell to mislead us into not taking a bell. It's the only reason he's going after Kakashi so hard. I've got to get a bell as soon as possible.' thought the pink haired girl as she tried to come up with a way to take a bell from her instructor or at least from Naruto. She didn't want to have to go back to the academy while Sasuke was stuck with Naruto as a partner.

Back to our favour scarecrow like ninja...

Kakashi had just managed to avoid the strike of the kunai by getting the three blades stuck in a block of rock he made appear with a jutsu. Sometimes it was an advantage to be a copycat when you can use it for a 'pull it out by the seat of my pants' move. Yet Naruto was still on the offensive. There needed to be a switch in the hunt before he lost the test. A great temptation was to reveal the sharingan eye he held to use against the blond, but there was one question remaining with the tactic.

'How good is a copying eye bloodline when the opponent mostly uses weapons and tools in battle. Heck, Naruto hasn't shown off any of his jutsu yet and I doubt he hasn't invented some. If he can build chakra hunting kunai, he can likely imagine new forms of ninja arts. The only fault he has is his limited chakra control due to the amount of energy he has, yet even that might not be as it appears. I also have a skilled Uchiha lurking in the bushes and a bright girl who might be a problem even if she's a fangirl.' Kakashi was starting develop a counter attack when Naruto appeared again. A smiling Naruto, which was giving the elder ninja the willies as it was likely to lead to another string of bad luck for the jonin.

"I guess you figured out how to escape my CTKs, but can you overcome my CSC? Better known as a Chakra Sucking Clank. Enjoy sensei!" said Naruto was he shot something from his wrist shooter, which had a more round shape then a kunai. As it flew towards the grey haired cyclops, it began to unfold into a more insect like mechanical creature. A replacement techinque was used to escape it, but the minute the bugbot touched the fake Kakashi the henge vanished. The instructor could feel a pulling at his chakra from the location of the illusion, before he closed down the flow.

'I can have no doubt, this is one of the evilest invention I have ever seen. A machine which sucks out chakra from a ninja would be one of the greatest pain in the asses a person could create. This can get...ah crap!' The sensei knew he should have tried to even think of things not getting worse, because life always had to prove you wrong. Like the fact the clank had oriented on his hiding spot, and starting running at him with some speed.

Running once again, Kakashi thought, 'First thing I do after this test... Torture Naruto. Heck, ask Ibiki and Anko for tips to gain my revenge against Naruto.' It was then life gave him another nasty surprise with the arrival of Sasuke in front of him, causing the scarecrow to hold back a groan.

'When I'm trying to avoid getting hit by a mechanical chakra vampire, he chooses to strike. Perfect ninja tactics, but now I'm going to have to expand my revenge list to Sasuke as well.' The jonin tried to get into an attack position while keeping an eye on his back for the bug. He then prepared to see what he could do to discourage the young Uchiha.

"I don't have the time to teach you the proper way to get a higher ranked ninja, so I just have leave you here." Kakashi said as he tried to leave the young man and dodge the stalker he had.

"I'n not like the others, you shouldn't under estimate me." said the possible genin as he moved into a combat position. Looking for a point to strike the sensei, Sasuke was also waiting for something. Which was obviously the CSC Naruto was crowing about. Which was making Kakashi wonder if waiting might not be a good idea.

"Perhaps you're right, Sasuke. I should be paying more attention to you," said the adult as he kept his ears open for a sound he had noticed. The sound of the clicking of the mecha-vampire following him. Given it's speed it should be right... there!

Kakashi was able to move with superhuman speed and agility, so the bug charged towards the possible genin and attacked. The bug latched on to the black haired boy, who flung it off of the leg it had clamped down on. The bug was between the one eyed ninja and the future copycat, yet turned to the younger ninja instead of Kakashi.

'I was just hoping to cause a little bit of a drain on young Sasuke, yet it seems the tracking ability of the clank is based on the chakra it drains. Once it tasted Sasuke, it's programming was updated to go after him instead. I guess my luck is change. Hopefully it keeps going towards the positive.' thought the cyclops before he spoke.

"I hope you like playing with your little friend, Sasuke. Tell me if you get board and I'll try to see what else Naruto can give you to play with." Kakashi then moved away from the clank and the student. He would be keeping an eye on the situation with a shadow clone, but in the meanwhile he might as well neutralize the other student before going after Naruto. The copycat ninja was ready to get some kind of payback!

Meanwhile in the view of a certain unlucky ninja...

Sasuke was now deciding who he should put higher on his list, Naruto or Kakashi. Somehow he was facing the energy draining machine, instead of his sensei as the blond boy had wanted. He was going after the strategy to beat this little bugger. His choices were afterall very limited in what he could do to the little robot.

'My taijutsu would just get me close enough to have my energy drained. Genjutsu is my weakest subject, and likely not to work on something with a machine mind. So the question is going to be what kind of ninjutsu can I use to smack this thing down. Other then the academy jutsu, all I have are my katon specialties. The problem is can this vampire absorb the energy of fire, the chakra used to generate the fire or could the flames affect the metal monster. There's little choice in the matter, isn't there?' Sasuke had been dodging the machine's attacks, which were almost as fast as the last Uchiha. He made the hand signs for his jutsu.

"Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" called out the possible genin as he summoned the Great Fireball Technique, the symbol of adulthood for an Uchiha. A stream of fire was release at the clank as it jumped up at the boy, superheating everything in it's path. Sasuke knew it would bring down the menace he was facing, only to stop when he saw the bot fall a little before Sasuke. It was covered by a blue chakra glow in a form of a full body shield of some kind.

'Damn, Naruto would have to find a way to protect the little monster from attack. Now, what am I going to do? No choice by to see if I can break the shielding with multiple fire attacks.' thought Sasuke as he rapid fired more hand signs as he loaded up multiple super fireballs to fry the little minion of the mad boy. He just hoped he could break Naruto's gagets before they broke him.

Elsewhere with the final genin trainee...

Sakura believed she was going to lose her mind after the turn of events which had occured within the test. The class' dead last seemed to be performing better then the class' rookie of the year. Kakashi was kept on the constant run from Naruto with the tools the blond boy had been pulling out. From kunai shooters to chakra hunting kunai to a chakra sucking machine, it seemed that Naruto had been pulling out more surprises then she could ever have expected. Now she couldn't tell where Sasuke or Naruto were and if her sensei could escape the clank he could be coming after her.

It was as she looked for a place to plan some kind of attack strategy, she could her cries of pain coming from some place in front of her. A cry which seemed to be in the same tone of voice as her future husband. Rushing out to figure out what was going on, she came upon a seen of Sasuke impaled with multiple kunai. she could see blood flowing, staining his close a deep shade of crimson. He turned to look up to her before saying, "Sakura.... I.... lov...."

Before he could finish, the boy dropped his head like it had been releashed. Sakura looked at the seen in a state of shook as the man she loved had died while trying to tell her he loved her. The information which her eyes and ears had given her was overloading her mind, overloading it till finally it couldn't handle it any more. It moved to shut down the whole mental system, which included the concious mind of the ninja girl. It a very simple and basic term, she fainted dead away on the spot.

Observing from a distance away...

The grey haired adult was a little surprised at the fact Sakura had fallen for the genjutsu, as with her chakra control she should have been able to see through the illusion. Then again, 'Given the way the genjutsu works and her natural fan girl ways to the Uchiha, I can understand how she could fall over unconcious like that. I have managed to neutralize the two of my students, the ones who have yet to solve the truth of the test. Now I just have to deal with Naruto. Goody!'

Kakashi was starting to wish the clock would run faster so he wouldn't have to deal with the blond's toys at the moment. They just seemed to get more and more nasty as time went on, so it seemed the next one would be even worse then the one he had just dealt with. Given the fact the last one was a chakra sucking machine, he was dreading having to find out the next toy in the box.

Which was why he was hiding at the moment, trying to figure out a way to use a jutsu so he could beat the blond boy. He had copyed over a hundred jutsu, maybe even a thousand jutsu. One of them had to be able to stop Naruto without killing him. He just had to find out which one was the one that could stop him. Still, he had to keep out of the sight of the blue eyed boy. He hear a noise like a moving of brush as someone walked through it, a sound a ninja was trained to notice at all times when out in the wild. Before he could react, a bombardment of kunai headed in his direction. Instantly, he used the Kawarimi no jutsu.

He knew he had to search for the source of the kunai, which was likely a shooter on a certain beginning genin's arm. Which meant Naruto was lurking out there, somewhere in the brush seeing where the sensei was standing. He needed to find the boy and hope he could outsmart him, a task which seemed to get harder and harder as the day went by. Another shower of metal flew to his location as he substituted another log for himself, as he noticed the metal came from a direction different then the previous one.

Kakashi tried the Kai release method to get out of this if it was a genjutsu, yet the two logs covered with knives told him it was no illusion. Yet he was trying to figure out, 'How can Naruto get from one location to the other without me noticing anything except for the sound of brush moving? What invention is he showing off this time? There has to be some reason to it.'

"Having a little trouble figuring out where I am? I guess Iruka-sensei didn't give you the special glasses he has for finding me. Now with the Naruto Cloaker Mark Two, you won't have the ability to see the source of my attacks when they come for you. So what are you going to do, sensei?" spoke Naruto's voice, which seemed to be coming from all directions at once and from a far distance away. Yet if Naruto could cloak his body from sight, he could just as easily cloak his voice from him as well. It could also explain why the jonin could not pinpoint the source of the sound of movement in the training ground.

'Okay my kill list includes Naruto, Sasuke and now Iruka!'