Naruto Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Do Heeros Have a Sense of Humor? ❯ Basic Needs ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
No I don’t own anyone except the slightly bitchy main character. No I’m not making any money. No, suing me will not gain you anything except pissing off the courts, your lawyer and me. You must have better things to do with your time then to piss off a mediocre college student with no life. Go do them.
~*~*~

Armina stared at the ball that held Heero in a little dumb-founded shock. Her first Bish, already. She hadn’t been here for a full twenty-four hours and she had her first Bish. She pulled out her Bishie-Dex, I think I’ll just call it my Dex, and pressed the data button

“Bishonen: Heero Yuy, Level: San, Nickname?” it squawked in a robotic voice.

“Hee-kun.”

“Bishonen: Heero Yuy, Level: San, Nickname: Hee-kun, Status: injured, broken leg, professionally splinted. Repair now?” That was a shock.

“Uh, yes please.”

“Repairing….. Complete. Status: no status problems.”

“thanks…”

“Oh, good, so the auto repair system works, that’s good.” Came a slightly familiar voice from behind her.

“YIPE!” said Armina. She squeezed the ball and Heero came out looking dazed and alarmed. He spread his weight evenly without think about it as he crouched into a battle-ready stance. Tokio-sama raised her hands in a pacifying gesture as Armina turned and glared at her and Heero looked ready to attack and defend his Trainer.

“Gomen, gomen. I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just surprised that the auto repair system is working already. LSS-sama and I just made it two days ago.” Tokio-sama said.

“Auto repair? Hey! My leg isn’t broken any more!” Heero exclaimed. He looked over at Armina, who was still trying to get her heart out of her throat and back into her chest were it belonged.

“You… are evil…Make some noise next time, if you please. Now, what’s this auto repair, aside from the obvious?” Armina managed to gasp out.

“It’s a system that automatically repairs relatively minor injuries, like professionally set broken bones, some lacerations, burns, minor poisoning and the like. Any major injuries have to be attended to by a professional doctor though, but the other plus side of this system is that the injured Bish will be held in stasis if taken into his or her ball.” Tokio-sama explained

“So, if I fell off a cliff or had another, heavier Trainer fall on me,” Heero said with a sidelong glance at Armina, who glared, “All ’Mina-chan would have to do is put me in that ball and I’ll stay in the exact same shape?”

“Uh-huh, no more bleeding, no more shock trauma, no more debilitation of any kind. It will allow the Trainer to get his or her injured Bish to help in time, where before Bishies who were defending their Trainers had died while their Trainers where trying to get help.”

“Ah good, no more dragging injured Heero’s half way across a county.” ’Mina said, rubbing her shoulder, “I think I dislocated something.”

“Like your common decency?” Heero asked, oh-so-innocently.

“More like yours actually.” ’Mina returned. Both teasers stopped as they heard a choked sound. It was Tokio-sama, trying to stifle her giggles.

“Ohmygawsh, I’ve never heard a newly caught Heero tease his Trainer like that! Where did you come from, that you actually have a sense of humor?” Tokio-sama asked.

“A very small Village.” Heero said shortly, watching the Lady warily.

“Ah, yes my apologies, I shouldn’t have asked.”

“No you shouldn’t have.”

“Hee-kun, be nice! What you do reflects on me now!” Armina snapped glaring at her new Bish. Heero looked mildly contrite, but not much.

“No, it’s alright. I should know by now that Bish can’t talk about their Villages to Trainers, not even to me.” Tokio-sama said to Armina. “It’s part of their security, Bishies have scouts that patrol the borders of their territory, plus they swear absolute secrecy about location and any other important details about the Village. Honestly, I’m surprised you even told me about the size of your Village, Hee-kun.”

“Meh,” Was all Heero said. The two Trainers looked at him and sweat-dropped. He looked over at Armina, “Can we go now? Please?” he pleaded of his Trainer.

“Hmm? Why?” ‘Mina said, lifting her head up.

“That scary blonde might come back.” The Trainers sweat-dropped again.

“yeah, sure… Oh, before we leave town we’re going to have to pick some things up and, yes Tokio-sama? What is it?” Tokio had cleared her throat noisily to get the attention of the other two.

“Before you take off, there’s one thing I’d like to clarify, Heero-“ Tokio-sama began.

“huh?”

“You did request that Armina capture you, correct?”

“Ye-es… why are you asking?” Heero replied cautiously.

“Just making sure I don’t have to arrest Armina on a treaty violation on her first day here.” Tokio-sama replied with smile. The other two stared.

“Why would you-“ “Oh yeah! The immunity thing I bugged you for, for Hee-kun!”

“Oh that, why would you arrest her for that? She’s the one who insisted that you grant me immunity!” Heero finished with a touch of outrage. He’d had a rough day.

“Regardless of who first initiated the emissary-for-aid pact, any Trainer who breaks that pact without permission is subject to arrest without very specific mitigating reasons.” Tokio-sama explained.

“Uh, translation please.” Armina requested.

“#sigh# If you, a Trainer, had captured Heero without his permission or in any circumstance other then clear self-defense, since a captured Bish clearly cannot attack a Trainer, let alone his own, you are liable for arrest. Is that clear enough?”

“Yup, thanks, got to go loose these books now and get Hee-kun away from the creepy, blonde, bimbo-nurse. Later, bye.” With that, ‘Mina and Heero scooted out of the hospital, leaving Tokio-sama to beg the ceiling for a reason as to why she still put up with this.
~*~*~
“So, uh, where are we going again?” Heero asked as ‘Mina paused outside the hospital to orient herself.

“To a pawnshop where I can sell all of these goddamn, heavy, worthless, school text books that cost me an arm and a leg.” ‘Mina said as she stared at the map the Professor gave her, then added, “Plus the opposite hand and foot.”

“Oh. Where’d you get the map?”

“Prof. at the orientation gave it to me when I asked for directions”

“Oh,” Heero’s stomach gave a loud growl. Armina’s answered with a growl of it’s own. “Um, I don’t suppose we could get food first, could we?” He asked, trying not to laugh as loudly as ‘Mina was.

“Hai, hai, let’s go.” ’Mina managed to say between guffaws, “Lunch was a loooong time ago. Now let’s see, if we’re here, then the restaurant district would be….”
~*~*~
An hour and a half later, ‘Mina and Heero walked into a pawnshop, bellies full, and Heero at least ready to haggle.

“I’d like to sell these.” Armina told the clerk at the desk. The young man there glanced over the books ‘Mina had placed before with a bored look and named a figure. Way under what they’re worth, don’t accept it.

‘Mina was just about ready to accept when Heero coughed behind her. It was an odd cough, one the made her glance back at him. Not a good price, he tried to say with a almost unnoticeable shake of his head. ‘Mina blinked, looking confused for a moment then her face told Heero that she understood. She looked back at the clerk and name a price that was over twice what he had said and a fair amount more then what Heero thought the books should be. But at least that price is closer then his.

The two haggled back and forth, with soft coughs added from Heero whenever he thought his Trainer was going to settle for an unfair price. Finally, the clerk conceded defeat and settled for a price that was honest for both him and Armina. They shook hands, the clerk handed over the coins before scooping up the books and then walked back into the cluttered labyrinth behind the desk. ‘Mina and Heero left.

“Okay,” ‘Mina said as she stashed the coins, “Let’s go Shopping!”

“Alright, just so long as you don’t make me your pack mule.”

“Ah, come now, would I really do that to you?”

“In a heart beat.”

“Have you so little faith in me?”

“Faith? What faith? Since when have I had any faith in you?”

“Since you asked me to catch you less then two hours ago?”

“Nope, don’t recall, you must be hallucinating.”

“Or your brain power is really that little.”

“Hey!”

“I win! Point to me!” ‘Mina exclaimed, pulling out a note pad and making a mark.

“You’re keeping track!” Heero cried out.

“Yup, ‘cause it looks like we’re probably going to be arguing like this a great deal, I thought I’d spice things up by keeping score.” ‘Mina cat-grinned at him before stashing the pad back in her pack.

“You… you’re impossible you know that?” Heero said, very nearly at a loss for words.

“Yup, ain’t it great?”

“No, it’s a total headache.”

“Hey, I resent- oh we’re at the mall already. Cool.” ‘Mall’ seemed to mild a term to Heero for the massive building that loomed above them.

“Looks to be as big as the Mall of America. I went there once.” ‘Mina remarked casually

“Oh, was it as big as this?” Heero said weakly, feeling every inch the country bumpkin.

“Bigger actually, they even had a roller-coaster inside.”

“Oh”

‘Mina finally seemed to notice the weak tone of Heero’s voice, “Hey you alright? You want to wait for me out here so you don’t have to fight the crowd?”

“huh?”

“You sound kinda over whelmed, if you’re like this now… well a big crowd might not be the best thing for you.” ‘Mina’s tone was very worried, that’s what shook Heero out of his nerves. He was her Bishonen now, he was supposed to protect her, not the other way around! Still, that is one damn big building. I thought I’d seen a lot of people already, but how many are in there? More then twice the number that lives in my Village, easily. I- I don’t know if I can handle that…But I have to, I have a duty to my Trainer!

“I can handle it.”

“Alright, if you’re sure.” ‘Mina sounded a little doubtful.

“I’m sure, let’s go.” Hee-kun said, putting on a brave face, braver then what he was really feeling.
~*~*~
Three hours later found the pair on the road out of the city, supplies fully stocked and plenty of credit left over, let alone money. ‘Mina’s expression was almost unbearably smug. Still…

“You still doing okay over there? You went white for a time back there.”

“Next time we go shopping, I’m hiding in the Bishball okay? No more.. no more…”

“Big, tough Hee-kun afraid of a few Relena's?” 'Mina teased.

"Big, tough Hee-kun hates being glomped by brainless twits." Hee-kun grumbled. A few moments passed, then "So where are we going now?"

"No clue, out and about?" 'Mina replied, "I thought we'd explore a little, since we have this huge world here and no where in particular to go to.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Heero said. “Shall we?” he added with sideways grin at his Trainer.

“Let’s shall.” Armina gave a similar grin and headed off down the road away from civilization and the crazy inhabitants therein.

“I hope we don’t run into any Relena’s or fan girls… I really hate being glomped… And will you quit laughing already!”
~*~*~
A.N.: Okay, chapter three is up and running... away from me out of fear, I guess. Okay bad joke gomen. It's summer break for this lowly college bum and I'm bored already. Any tips, critiques and other BS will actually be welcomed and valued.Heero: because you are that bad of an author.A.S.-san: Hey! I'm still new at this, I have to practice!Heero: A lot.A.S.-san: Oh shut up and get ready for the next chapter. You get to meet your first peer, so you better be ready to share 'Mina's attention.Heero: You know, giving plot away is really tacky. And there's no way that I'd ever be forced to 'share' 'Mina-chan, I am her first Bish after all.A.S.-san: Do I hear a note of jealousy? Anywho, I really would like to get any constructive criticism, there's only so much I can observe from other authors, I need an outside perspective to help refine my technique-Heero: What there is of it.A.S.-san: Will you leave already? Well until next time! Hugs, kisses and plushies to all who have reviewed me already. Love you lots!Heero: Whoa, I didn't know you normal people could run that fast...A.S.-san: wait... come back...