Naruto Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Do Heeros Have a Sense of Humor? ❯ This is odd ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9
AN: Now we’re getting into the real descriptions!

It had been roughly eight o’clock when Armina and her Bish had started walking away from the campsite. When they finally stopped, it was three a.m. Ketric had long since fallen asleep on Heero’s back. But Heero and Kiba both were far from sleepy. Heero had heard many disturbing rumors about the Samurai Deeper Kyo Bish, and Kiba had had experience with them. They were not the nicest of people by a long shot. So the two elder Bish had kept their senses extended for any hint of violence. Fortunately there was none.

When they finally made camp, ‘Mina was more than ready to drop. She un-Capsulized the Capsule house in an appropriate looking clearing, entered and flopped on the couch with groan. Heero grinned at her and set Ketric down in one of the armchairs. The Chibi curled up into a ball, fluffy tail over his face and gave a happy sigh, all without waking up. ‘Mina and Heero exchanged ‘isn’t he adorable?’ looks, then Heero went back outside with Kiba to complete a border patrol. The two captured Bish were not about to take any chances that the SDK Bish might ambush them, even now that they were far out of the other’s territory. But Heero and Kiba found nothing, and went back inside.

Kiba first went to grab a big pillow and pulled it in front of the door so he could sleep there. Heero went first to check on his Trainer and the Chibi that they were all protecting. He wasn’t expecting the sight that greeted him, not knowing ‘Mina as he did.

‘Mina and Ketric both were fast asleep on the couch; Ketric curled up in ‘Mina’s arms, ‘Mina was cradling the Chibi in a very protective-maternal way. It was a very cozy-looking scene and not at all like ‘Mina. Didn’t she tell me on the first day I met her that she hated kids? Where’s that ‘I hate kids’ attitude now? Heero sighed softly and shook his head, that was his Trainer, constantly contradictive and always changing her mood. Makes for an interesting life, to say the least. He noticed that ‘Mina was shivering a little and grabbed the afghan blanket on one of the chairs and tucked it around the two sleeping forms. After he did that, he gently tucked a lock of stray hair behind ‘Mina’s ear and carefully caressed her face.

Then he froze, completely shocked at his actions. He hastily, but quietly, walked away to the back bedroom he had claimed as his. After flopping on the bed, he stared at the ceiling, attempting to comprehend his behavior and feelings. I can’t possibly be getting a crush on ‘Mina, can I? It’s ridiculous for me to like that semi-abusive, sharp-tongued harpy, and what’s more, it’s forbidden. ‘No Bish shall indulge in any form of relationship with a Trainer, save one of chaste friendship and servitude.’ That’s the rule in all the Bish villages now, and has been for four years since that invasion of crazed Half-Bish. Never mind that it had been inarguably announced that the crazy Half-Bish had been made and experimented upon by an insane Trainer. It was still forbidden for any Bish to indulge in any behavior that may possibly result in a Half-Bish. And for a health Bishonen to develop a crush on a healthy female Trainer defiantly fell under that description. But…

But, I still like her; she’s completely different from any female I’ve ever associated with before. Maybe she’s got a sharp tongue and maybe she likes to use her tessen a little too much, but she never crosses the line between teasing and insulting, and there is no possible way she could hurt me physically and she knows it. Damn it all! Heero growled under his breath and tossed an arm over his eyes. It wasn’t fair! Okay, I got a crush on my Trainer! That doesn’t me I have to act on it and I sure as hell am not admitting it to ‘Mina. Besides, it’s just a crush and will probably fade on it’s own in a few days, or weeks. The only reason I noticed it is because she’s being so cute over Ketric! Heero growled at himself this time. No! I did not just think that my Trainer, my Trainer, is cute. Nope, na-uh, didn’t happen, you can’t make me say it did! Heero rolled over and grabbed his pillow.

“Oh, who the hell am I fooling?” He grumbled into the empty, dark room. “I am such an idiot.” He said as he buried his face into his pillow. He should probably try and sleep, they were going to have to reach the next Trainer village the next day to try and find Ketric’s parents. Or more accurately, reach the next village today, in the morning. But it’s already morning, technically. Ah, I need to get to sleep! He groaned into his pillow. Right, sleep, when I just realized I got a major crush on my TRAINER, who’s sleeping in the next room! I hate you God, your sense of humor Sucks!

Kiba, in the mean time, could very clearly scent Heero’s infatuation and had been wondering when Heero was going to notice it for himself. By all that muttering and moaning, I’d say he has. This was going to be interesting. My real-life soap opera just got a new plot twist. Ah, I love reality, it’s so much more fun than fiction some times! He lay his head back down on his paws and stifled a snicker at his friend’s emotional dilemma. So what if I’m evil? It’s not like I making the problems, I’m just enjoying the chaos they cause!

~*~*~
The next morning came way too early as far as ‘Mina was concerned. But she had to get up, not only was the sun shining right into her eyes (ragi-frackin ball of gas, I will destroy you one of these days) but Ketric was begging for breakfast and was being way to cute of his own good.

“You better be careful with those sad-puppy eyes or ‘Mina’s going to glomp you to death.” Heero said as he came yawning into the kitchen. “Morning ‘Mina, you look like you zero real sleep last night.”

“Same to you, buster. I thought Heero’s could function optimally on only two hours of sleep?” ‘Mina said as she attempted to tame her rat-nest hair. Attempted being the key word here.

“Yes, but those two hours are critical and must be met.” Heero mumbled into his folded arms. He was sitting in one of the kitchen table’s chairs and was leaning over the table, not looking like mister sunshine. That was Ketric’s job.

“’Mina-nee-san, I’m hungry. Those sandwiches were good, do you have anymore? I’m really hungry.” He begged in far too alert a tone for the two adults that were in the kitchen, as he tugged at ‘Mina’s leg.

“K-chan, ‘Mina works better if you don’t try and pull her pants down while she’s in the kitchen.” Kiba said as he stretched off of his pillow bed. “Morning, mi- er- everyone.”

“How come you look like you actually got sleep when we all went to bed at the same time?” Heero growled as he glared over his arms. No morning lark here!

“Well, that’s because I actually slept.” Kiba replied with dignity. If ‘Mina had been awake, and if Heero’s eyes had actually been able to focus, they would have noticed that Kiba was giving Heero a very sly look. As it was, the only one who noticed was the one who was too young to know what a sly look was. And besides, all of Ketric’s attention was centered on the fact that his tummy was empty, empty, empty and the nice food provider was moving in slow motion. But ‘Mina finally did manage to make breakfast; pancakes, eggs and bacon, and the small group finally set off for the nearest village, which turned out to not be Llamgib. As it so happened, the city of Llamgib and the village of Emoh were only a day and three quarters apart by normal walking speed. At the rate that ‘Mina was able to travel, and the extra distance that the group had put in last night, they were less then two hours away from Emoh. Which was a very good thing, seeing as they had actually gotten up at ten a.m.

The adults had decided while they had been walking last night that the best course of action would be to go to the Trainer village nearest to where they had found Ketric and report a lost Chibi. If the parents of Ketric were captured, their Trainer or Trainers would be looking for him and would have filed a Missing Person’s report. If the parents were wild, Bish messengers would go to all the near-by Bish Villages and give the Village heads the report. The parents would then accompany the messengers to a pre-arranged location and Ketric would be handed over to his parents and ‘Mina and her crew would go off with the glow of having done a very good deed. Or so Kiba had explained, but then he would know, seeing as he had observed this before.

So they set off and entered a fairly steady follow of traffic, for the Bish world. It seemed as if all of the population was concentrated in the cities and villages, despite the fact that a good half to three-quarters of the Trainers were wanderers. But it was in the flow that ‘Mina discovered two things: one, a Trainer with a Chibi was the target of many dirty looks and vicious verbal interrogation, and two, none of the other Trainers seemed to be able to see Ketric!

‘Mina first discovered this when her group encountered a Trainer with a Wufei and Miroku. Ketric was happily walking along between Heero and ‘Mina, hold both of the adult’s hands, when Wufei launched his first attack.

“So who did you kidnap the Chibi from?” He snapped.

“He’s not kidnapped, or captured.” Heero replied his tone one of icy civility, “He’s lost and we’re taking him to Emoh to report him and return him to his parents.”

“Uhm…” the Trainer, a shy looking girl with chin length black hair and glasses, said, “what are you talking about? Who are you talking about?”

“The Chibi right there with the ears.” Wufei said pointing and causing Ketric to hide behind ‘Mina’s legs, “What, do you need new glasses again, onna?” The girl blushed, then peered down between ‘Mina and Heero, both of whom had stopped and turned toward the other group.

“I do not need new glasses, I just got a new prescription last week.” She said far more strongly than her looks would suggest. “But I still don’t see who you’re talking about.”

“Well he is hiding behind the lovely lady’s shapely legs,” Miroku said smoothly, smiling flirtatiously at ‘Mina. Heero bristled, unnoticed, while ‘Mina rolled her eyes and ignored the complement.

“Where? I don’t see him.” The girl said, in spite of the fact that she was looking directly at Ketric.

“Quit playing games, it’s not like you.” Wufei snapped. Miroku frowned.

“It’s… really not like you to do such a thing, Trainer-mine.” He said, looking at the girl with a serious look, “Can you truly not see him?” ‘Mina and Heero were also frowning, ‘Mina resting a hand on the frightened and confused Ketric’s head.

“No, I can’t” The girl said, looking up at Miroku with a worried expression. Wufei started to growl something when he was interrupted.

“She’s telling the truth.” Kiba said with total seriousness. “There is no lie in her scent, only honesty.”

“Okay, I’m officially freaked out now.” ‘Mina said under her breath. That’s when another trainer and her group came along. The Bish in this crew though were a little… different. The first girl’s Miroku muttered uncomplimentary things under his breath when he caught sight of the new Miroku. He was dressed like a Prohibition age gangster and was flirting more than outrageously with the Sango dressed like a Catholic schoolgirl. Everybody else started twitching. Then ‘Mina caught sight of the Trainer.

“Brenna?!?”

“Eh? Armina?!?”

“What are you doing here?” The two friends chorused, pointing at each other.

To Be Continued…. Later….