Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Unknown ❯ Sasuke's Friend? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
Sasuke's Friend?
 
Haruno Sakura looked over at Sasuke. He sat, slumped under the tree, the leaves casting a mysterious pattern on him. She sighed. What could she do when Sasuke was like this? Depression hung thickly in the air and an unhappy silence twirled along with it.
 
Sasuke sighed and watched the clouds drift by, slowly and barely noticable, but still, it was drifting. At this rate, I'll never get strong enough to avenge my clan's death by killing Itachi. I'm just weak!
 
He had been having weird dreams, about Itachi and of the massacre. He remembered everything. The blood, the people, and Itachi. I'm not going to kill you, little brother, because you're not worth while. You're too weak!
 
That phrase echoed in his head. He clenched his fists angrily and contuned to stare up at the sky. Sometimes he wondered if he was the only one left. The only Uchiha left.
 
Sure he wanted to kill his brother by himself, but he wanted as much training as he could get to be as strong as he could be. He hoped another Uchiha besides Itachi was out there looking for an Uchiha themselves.
 
He had heard rumors of an exceptionaly good fighter. He was the best out of the best and that sounded like an Uchiha. Besides, if he wasn't one, he could ask him to train him. That's the least that could happen.
 
Sakura sighed as she saw him clench his fists. “What's wrong `kura-chan?” Sakura looked up, startled, to see Naruto looking up at her, his head cocked slightly. “I worry about Sasuke-kun,” she sighed, “He's been so distant and I can't help but wonder, what's going on inside his head? Is he alright?”
 
Naruto and Sakura had become good friends over the many months that had passed by with tham as a team. Sakura still loved Sasuke, but she was slowly getting over her crush on him and turning to Naruto.
 
The blond sighed in exasperation, “What are you talking about? He's always like that, I think he acts like that because he thinks it's cool.” Sakura shot him a glare and he shrugged slightly, “You can always just ask him what's wrong,” He suggested.
 
“No way! That's just wrong!” whispered Sakura loudly, “I can't do that!”
 
“Why not?” “It's wrong to evade on his privacy. He just needs to be with himself. Besides…” Sakura trailed off and turned her gaze towards the ground, “He wouldn't tell me anything.”
 
Naruto stared sadly at his friends unhappiness and suddenly, he clenched his fists and stood up. Stomping toward the raven haired recluse and ignoring his firiends devastated cries and pleas for him to stop, He turned to Sasuke and yelled, “What is wrong with you?”
 
Sasuke glared back coldly, “I could say the same to you.”
 
Unfortuanately, Naruto had very little control over his emotions, unlike Sasuke. “Shut up!”
 
“Don't you see Sakura worrying for you. Even I'm wondering what has gotten into you?” Naruto paused to catch his breath, and then went on furiously. “We care Sasuke! You can tell us and we'll understand!”
 
A thick silence weighed them down until Sakura broke the silence with a whisper. Sakura looked towards them, “Guys, Kakashi sensei is here.”
 
~*~
 
“ I don't see why we have to practice outside the village again!” Naruto bellowed, angrily and team seven walked quietly in the forest.
 
Sakura glared at the blond. “Do you always have to yell? The whole village dosen't need to know!”
 
“Do you always have to nag?” Naruto shot back, clearly angry at Sakura, even if he lliked her.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes and told them in a clear voice, “You guys are bickering like an old couple.” Naruto turned abruptedly and said angrily, “As if! You're just jealous!” Sasuke snorted, “Jealous of what?” Naruto bared his fangs and bowled Sasuke over. Fortuanately, Sasuke moved in time and Naruto landed on the ground.
 
Kakashi shook his head sadly and retuned to reading Icha-Icha Paradise. “Itai!” Naruto rubbed his head angrily. “That hurt!” “It was supposed to you dork!” “Why you!” Naruto lunged once again and Sasuke kicked quickly.
 
But someone or something caught his leg and pushed Naruto back. “I don't think you should be fighting. You could get seriously hurt.”
 
~*~
 
“Who the hell are you?” Naruto yelled at the hooded figure as he stumbled back. “I'm Kagome.” And she lifted her hood and smiled.
 
“Kagome?” Sasuke stared in disbelief. “I can't believe…wha…what happened?”
“I really dunno `suke,” she said earnestly, “but I'm sure its not good.”
 
*Dun Dun Dun! Cliffy! Don't kill me!*
 
Please review!