Naruto Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Impossible Dreams : Eternal ❯ Chapter 1 - Strange Introductions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Ranma and Naruto do not belong to me. All ideas pertaining of this fanfiction only belong to me.
Impossible Dreams : Eternal
Chapter 1 : Harsh Fate
“Why is the Shifting Shadow Village involving themselves in the chunin exam?”
 
The Hokage gave the man across from him a deep gaze as he puffed on his pipe. The man in question was not visible as he was covered in shadow even though the whole room was lit bright. A slight smile was seen as the shadowy man said,
 
“We had a reason for not showing for twelve years. We have been training a child since he arrived to our village to be the successor of the Shadow Clan. Like the Uzumaki boy, this child also carries a demon within him, Sarutobi.”
 
Sarutobi gave a small growl as he kept himself from attacking the man across him for using his name so casually. Composing himself, he asked,
 
“And who would that be? Would it happen to be one of those three that entered the village late at night?”
 
The shadowy man's smile grew wider as he replied,
 
“This boy has great power, my dear Sarutobi. His outer appearance hides greatly of what he is capable of. Why, if it was my choice, I would send him alone for the exam, but the Hikage gave distinctive instructions to allow two of our best genin escorts to accompany him to the exam, just incase.”
 
Sarutobi hummed lightly as he stayed silent for a while. Shaking out of his daze, he looked directly into the eyes of the shadowy man and questioned,
 
“What have you done to this boy for him to gain so much power as you so mention?”
 
The shadowy man shrugged as he replied,
 
“As I said, this boy is a genius, from when we picked him up from near our village, he was soaking up the jutsu like a sponge; he is great in taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu. Even we of the Shifting Shadow Village are surprised by his progress.”
 
“What do you mean, `arrived in our village'?” Sarutobi asked.
 
“He arrived in our village 6 years after the fox demon was sealed inside the womb of the child by the 4th Hokage, as if the seal has done more than just cause the fox demon to be sealed away, although I am not completely convinced this is the fourth hokage's doing.” The shadowy man said.
 
The third hokage gave a look of shock as he stuttered,
 
“Are you saying that this boy was summoned somehow?”
 
The shadowy man didn't answer as he only gave a knowing grin at Sarutobi. Snapping out of his confused state, the third hokage composed himself and said to the shadowy man,
 
“So this boy is some sort of being not of our world.”
 
The shadowy man got up and stretched as he said to Sarutobi,
 
“I made this boy my heir, Sarutobi. He will definitely show NO mercy to your beloved Konoha genin pupils. To me, he is my son.”
 
As he was about to leave, Sarutobi gave one more comment,
 
“If he is as you say he is, he must be very powerful considering the Shifting Shadow village is currently the strongest and exclusive village in all of The Continents, eh Ekashi?”
 
00
 
“Gah!” Naruto shouted as he narrowly dodged a kunai knife from above. Doing a backflip, Naruto slipped his hand into his leg pack and drew three shuriken, immediately chucking them at the trees randomly. Hearing no response, Naruto contemplated on retreating to try and go find Sakura and Sasuke when they were separated a while ago by the disguised ninja.
 
Feeling his sense of dread grow, Naruto looked over his surroundings and found one of the branches looking a bit bulgy for his own tastes. Drawing one shuriken from his pocket, Naruto threw it at the wavy branch and raised a fist in triumph when he heard a response.
 
As the figure jumped to the ground with a thud, he ran towards to the person and opened his eyes in shock as he came face to face with none other than Chouji himself.
 
Shaking out of his daze, Naruto asked the weary Chouji,
 
“Chouji, what were you doing in that tree? And where is Ino and Shikamaru?”
 
Chouji groaned a bit from his rough landing and said in a bemused manner,
 
“I was getting really hungry and I thought I smelled something really good so I strayed from the group. Then, all of sudden, I was attacked by three shinobi out of nowhere. After I used my meat tank to get away, I hid in this tree for a little while until you almost killed me.”
 
Naruto smacked his hand with his forehead before asking Chouji,
 
“You wouldn't happen to have the Heaven Scroll, would you?”
 
Chouji shook his head no as Naruto sighed loudly. Realizing he was in a hopeless situation, he helped Chouji up and both of them walked towards the tower seen above the trees.
 
00
 
“You remember Orochimaru's plan, We must find Sasuke Uchiha and kill him and anyone who gets in our way.” A ninja wrapped in bandages named Dosu said to his teammates, Zaku Abumi and Kin Tsuchi. As three, they form a group of ninjas from the newly formed Hidden Sound village.
 
“Yeah yeah, no need to lecture us Dosu. We just need to find the brat, test his capabilities and kill him, no big deal.” Zaku said as he put his bandaged hands on his head. The girl Kin was quiet as all three continued to trek through the forest.
 
They didn't seem to worry as their hyper sensitive ears tracked all that was going on in the forest and anything that came even remotely close to them.
 
“There goes another one.” Zaku replied even though the forest was extremely quiet excluding the loud animalistic noises that emanated from the trees. When a large group of birds flew from the trees with a flutter, the group have an involuntary shiver as they felt great power emanating ahead of them.
 
Zaku gave a wicked smile as he said to himself,
 
“Maybe this won't be as boring as I thought.”
 
00
 
“Heh, shadow nin eh? You guys must either suck or be new to the Continents because we've never heard of you.” A rain nin with a wide cropped hat said with a amused expression. Giving a playful grin at the three kids covered in the shadows across him, he said to his two other team members,
 
“Lets take them out quick, I don't want to waste any time.”
 
The two other rain nin nodded as they each drew their kunai knives. Before having a chance to charge ahead, they heard the one in the middle say,
 
“Give me your scroll, or die.”
 
The three rain nin laughed loudly as one of them said,
 
“You punks think you can take someone like us? Don't be stupid!”
 
He charged forward as his kunai knife was pointed straight at the shadowy kid's chest with an intent to kill, when all of a sudden, the tallest one of the group stopped his knife with one finger. The rain nin stared in shock as the tall kid held his index finger against the pointed kunai knife from going forward.
 
Suddenly, before the dazed rain nin had a chance to retort, the tall kid flicked the kunai knife upwards and jabbed two fingers inside the rain nin's cranium. The rain shinobi gave a grunt of pain and started convulsing wildly before the tall kid kicked the rain nin backwards through several trees.
 
Trying to process what was going on, the two rain nin stared at their dead teammate in shock. One of them shook out of his daze and looked towards the three with confusion in his eyes before the confusion turned into pure rage. Feeling his hatred burn inside him for the loss of his teammate and the fact that they could not proceed with only two, the angered rain nin blindly ran forward to the three while crying out,
 
“Water Release! Water Blast no jutsu!”
 
The rain nin opened his mouth and a large blast of water shot out of his mouth and towards the three at a furious speed. Not attempting to dodge, the female member of the group suddenly disappeared from view before the water blast was suddenly cut in half by some air blade.
 
“What the-guh!” Before having a chance to finish his sentence, the girl appeared behind him and sliced off his head with her hand, the head bouncing off to some bushes nearby. The girl disappeared again and reappeared next to her group in the shadows.
 
00
 
“Hey, I think I hear something!” Naruto said as he ran forward with Chouji lazily keeping up. Rummaging inside a bush for a view, Naruto heard someone cry out,
 
“Water Release! Water Blast no jutsu!”
 
Feeling a sense of excitement, Naruto continued to dig through the bush before he saw a group of water nins fighting a group of other ninjas. He couldn't see them clearly as the shadows currently covered their identities, but he could tell they were extremely young, probably his age.
 
“(Huff Huff) What's (Huff) going (Huff) on?” Chouji gasped out as Naruto turned around to answer his question.
 
“There are some hidden rain shinobi fighting a group of some other shinobi. I hope they accidentally knock each other out so we can take the scroll.” Naruto said feverishly. A `slicing' sound broke them out of their rest as a rustling noise was heard before a thud sounded.
 
Looking down near Naruto's shoes, Chouji pointed at something and asked,
 
“Hey, what's that?”
 
Naruto looked down by his feet and saw a round object with hair and dirt covering it. Curious, Naruto picked it up and faced it towards him before realizing it was one of the rain nin's disembodied head.
 
Crying out in horror, Naruto suddenly threw the head far away from them. Mortified, Naruto and Chouji tried to regain their stability before hearing a rustle and a sound of someone falling down. With a certain feeling of excitement and anxiety, both of them dug inside the bush and watched the carnage with a certain feeling of nervousness.
 
00
 
The remaining nin stuttered wildly before stumbling over his feet as he tried to walk away backwards. Realizing he was in major trouble, he reached deep into his pack before getting out a scroll with the sign `Heaven' on it. Not wanting to be brutally killed like the other two, the rain nin offered the scroll and stuttered out,
 
“H-here, I d-don't want any t-trouble.”
 
He gave out a cry of shock when the scroll suddenly disappeared from his hand with a whoosh. He looked to the other side and saw the group of three shinobi leaving. Giving out a sigh of relief, he tried standing back up but to no avail.
 
Feeling a sense of dread, he looked down and realized he was slowly sinking into his own shadow! The rain Nin suddenly gave out a carnal scream of intense pain as he felt the bottom half of his body burn up as if it was being dissolved by lava.
 
“Painful, isn't it.”
 
The rain nin looked up and saw the three genin group who killed his teammates above him. Now that they weren't shrouded in shadows, he could see their faces and bodies clearly.
 
The tall boy who had killed the first nin was about 5'10 with short black hair. A black bandana was wrapped around his forehead and his clothes were black as well. He had a muscular physique which showed he most likely likes to fight with great strength rather than speed or techniques. The only odd thing about him was a tooth that resembled a fang sticking out of his mouth.
 
The female was incredibly beautiful. Standing at 5'4, the girl of the group had long, purple hair wrapped in two balls at the end of each head. Her face was slightly plump, showing signs of adolescence, but only added the cuteness factor she showed. Her clothes were of Chinese descent but were also black like the tall boy before. Her eyes showed a bit of her emotions as it was obvious she was in love with the main member of her group.
 
The main leader of the gang was not what he looked like. Standing at 5'7, the kid had long raven hair tied up in a ponytail. His face was childish and his cheeks were voluptuous that showed signs of youth. His eyes were of bluish-gray color. His face and body showed signs of naivety and child like persona but his eyes told another story. Signs of great pain and pent up emotions were clearly evident, as if he was dealt with more than just physical pain.
 
 
“What - are - you?” The rain nin asked as he was about to disappear into his own shadow. Catching a glimpse of the ponytailed kid's bluish-gray eyes, he heard him say,
 
“Ranma, of the Cloud Country's Shifting Shadow Clan. Heir to the Primal Power Shadow shinobi clan.”
 
00
 
(OTAKU)
 
“Nobody accepts me, nobody wants me, I am better off dead.” Naruto said as he held his head with a growing sense of anger.
 
(POOF)
 
“Huh?” Naruto questioned as he suddenly looked up to see two odd looking flying creatures with green and pink hair. Both of them held sticks with stars attached to it as they both cleared their throats.
 
“Hi, I'm Cosmo.” the green haired fairy creature said.
 
“Hi, I'm Wanda.” The pink haired fairy creature said.
 
“And we are your,” Both yelled out at the same time as lights and bright objects suddenly appeared behind them,
 
“Your Fairy Godparents!”
 
TBC.
 
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
 
Anyways, geez finally I started to story back again. I moved the fic to Naruto when I realized barely anything of Ranma was revealed in this story and it seemed to belong more in the Naruto section.
 
Any questions will be answered by yours truly, but, to save you some time, NO the tall boy and the girl are not Ryoga and Shampoo. Just think of them as ancestors or something. Ekashi is also not some reincarnated character from the Ranma verse nor is he of Naruto, but he plays an essential part in this fic, so watch him closely.
 
Tell me what you think, Please R&R, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.
 
Ja ne!