Naruto Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Impossible Dreams : Eternal ❯ Chapter 2 : Preliminaries ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Ranma and Naruto do not belong to me. All ideas pertaining of this fanfiction only belong to myself.
Impossible Dreams : Eternal
Chapter 2 : The Preliminaries
“Congratulations to everyone who passed the second part of the chunin exam, you should all be very proud.”
Among the large amount of Jounin teachers, the 3rd Hokage, Sarutobi, gave an introduction speech to all the weary genin ninjas who passed the Forest of Death successfully. Among the crowd was Hatake Kakashi's team 7 which consisted on Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura, albeit them being a bit worn out from barely making it on time.
Team 8, which consisted of Hinata Hyuuga, Kiba Inuzuka, and Shino Aburame, and Team 11, which consisted of Ino Yamanaka, Nara Shikamaru, and Chouji Akimichi, were also seen among the many genin teams.
The rookie team consisting of Neji Hyuuga, Tenten, and Rock Lee of Gai Maito were also present, all unscathed except Rock Lee who seem to have a few minor bumps and bruises. The Sand Genin consisting of Gaara, Kankurou, and Temari were also present, looking more bored than tired.
On the far back were the Shifting Shadow nin consisting of the odd tall boy, the cute purple haired female, and the mysterious kid with the ponytail.
`Hmm, so those are the shadow nin Ekashi mentioned. They look none older than Naruto and his team!' The 3rd Hokage thought as he occasionally gave a glance towards the back of the room.
“Wow, The 3rd Hokage, Iruka-sensei, Kakashi-sensei, and even Super Brows are here!” Naruto exclaimed as he eagerly looked around for anymore important people. His eyes stopped on a group of three in the way back as he suddenly recognized the group from a recent encounter not too long ago.
00
(Flashback)
 
“What - are - you?” The rain nin asked as he was about to disappear into his own shadow. Catching a glimpse of the ponytailed kid's bluish-gray eyes, he heard him say,
 
“Ranma, of the Cloud Country's Shifting Shadow Clan. Heir to the Primal Power Shadow shinobi clan.”
 
(End Flashback)
Naruto shuddered a bit as he remembered that experience with Chouji by his side. After the whole ordeal, both him and Chouji had stumbled upon Ino, Shikamaru, Sasuke, and Sakura fighting a group of sound nins. After a few hours of fighting, they eventually went their separate ways and found Kabuto. With his help, Team 7 was able to get a `Heaven' scroll and pass the test.
“Even though I am sure you are all looking forward to getting to the next exam, I'm afraid some adjustments will have to be made.” The 3rd Hokage said wisely.
However, before he could even open his mouth to explain the rules, a sudden cloud of smoke blocked their view and a man no older than 25 appeared in front of them.
“Hokage-sama, please allow me to explain the rules.” The pale man said as he coughed slightly. The Hokage nodded as the sickly man stood and faced the genin crowd.
“Hello, I am Gekkou Hayate, and I will explain to you the rules of this preliminary match.” The pale man named Hayate said.
Sakura, obviously shocked at the turn of events, cried out loudly,
“Preliminaries? Why do we need preliminaries?!”
“Because, there are too many participants for the final part of the exam, although we haven't had the preliminary matches for over 5 years.” The Hokage said as he nodded. Everyone's thoughts were interrupted when the man named Hayate started coughing.
`He seems kind of sick, should he really be the referee for the preliminaries?' Naruto thought to himself.
(Cough Cough) Well, shall we get started?” Hayate asked.
00
(Swoosh)
“Did I miss anything?” A shadowy man said as he suddenly appeared behind the 3rd Hokage in a flash. The Jounin teachers were startled an immediately took their daggers out of their pockets and readied themselves to protect the Hokage.
They backed down when the Hokage dismissed them with a wave of his hand as he said to the shadowy man,
“The preliminaries are about to begin, Ekashi
The shadowy man then suddenly snapped his fingers and his shadowy appearance went away, leaving only a handsome looking black haired man wearing black robes, a forehead protector visible on his head.
“Pity, I really wanted Ranma to challenge himself.” Ekashi said as he watched his team with an amused expression.
00
“First match!” Hayate shouted as he looked up at the scoreboard to see who was determined to fight first.
`It's probably going to be me.' Sasuke mused.
After a few seconds, two names blinked onto the board as Hayate announced,
“Akadou Yayoi vs. Ryu Hibiki.”
 
Everyone looked around to see who Ryu Hibiki was when all of a sudden, a boy no older than 12 walked to the center of the large fighting arena. Giving a confused glance towards the young boy, they quickly realized he was one of the members of the Shadow nin.
As Ryu and Yayoi faced each other, the announcer yelled,
 
“Ready? First match, begin!”
 
The man named Hayate jumped back 30 feet from the two as he watched from a close distance.
 
“Too bad, I really wanted to fight Sasuke.” Yayoi chuckled. He gave an amused shrug as he saw the boy named Ryu give him an indifferent stare.
 
“Guess you don't want to fool around huh?” Yayoi said as he suddenly disappeared and reappeared behind Ryu.
 
Sakura gave a gasp as she said out loud,
 
“I didn't even see him move!”
 
00
 
The Hokage gave a clueless stare at Ekashi as he suddenly started chuckling. Wiping faux tears from his eyes, Ekashi said to no one in particular,
 
“Ryu is not likely to go down like that. He is going to seriously demolish that boy down there.”
 
00
 
Chakra Absorption no jutsu!” Yayoi shouted as his hand started glowing blue. His glowing hand then clutched Ryu's shoulder. Giving a chuckle, Yayoi said to Ryu,
 
“Can you feel me absorbing your chakra?”
 
He was then confused when Ryu continued to give his indifferent stare. Giving a slight growl, Yayoi increased the power to his chakra absorbing technique, when he suddenly opened his eyes in surprise.
 
“I-I can't absorb your chakra!” Yayoi cried out as his hand started to sink into Ryu's shoulder. Struggling, Yayoi suddenly cried out in pain as he felt an unimaginable burning sensation in his hand.
 
Sweat rolling down his face, Yayoi sunk his free hand into his pocket and drew an explosive ward and attached it to Ryu's shoulder. Chanting some words, Yayoi cried out,
 
“Kibaku Fuda!”
 
The explosive ward than suddenly blew up, allowing Yayoi a small amount of time to jump back. Panting slightly, Yayoi said out loud confidently,
 
“He was directly hit with an explosive ward, there is no way he could get out of something like that with less than a torn arm.”
 
The smoke suddenly began to clear, and in the middle showed a figure standing. Opening his mouth in shock, Yayoi and the crowd looked as they saw the boy named Ryu, appear unscathed except for a few tears in his clothes.
 
“Argh! Dammit!” Yayoi yelled as he made several hand jutsu before crying out,
 
“Fire Release! Grand Fireball no jutsu!”
 
A large cloud of fire lined it's way to the shadow nin with increasing speed before Ryu was suddenly engulfed in it's flames. As the fire downed to a simmer, everyone took a surprised expression as they saw Ryu no longer there.
 
A loud coughing noise broke them out of their daze as they looked back at Yayoi on his knees spewing blood from two shallow cuts visible on both sides of his neck. Getting up, Yayoi turned around and looked at his shadow and saw Ryu in it's reflection.
 
“H-How did yo-“ Not having a chance to finish his sentence, Yayoi suddenly spat out blood when Ryu dissimilated from his shadow and appeared in front of him, his fist jammed in a spiraling motion into his stomach.
 
Cranking his head down slowly, Yayoi's eyes widened when Ryu smirked arrogantly. A bloodcurdling crack was heard as Ryu pushed his fist upwards and broke Yayoi's ribs.
 
“GRAH!!” Yayoi cried out in pain as blood started erupting from his upper and lower back.
 
Digging his feet into the ground, Ryu pushed upwards with a bit more strength, causing Yayoi to fly upwards 30 feet in the air. Yayoi, barely conscious, looked down as he saw Ryu suddenly disappear and reappear behind him with a foot slightly above his back.
 
“Piercing Impact!” Ryu shouted out as he kicked Yayoi swiftly downwards, a loud smack noise heard throughout the battlefield.
 
Yayoi fell to the ground with a loud thud as the impact caused large clouds of dust and clumps of dirt to be scattered around the stadium. As the dust cleared, everyone gasped in shock as they saw a large 20 foot crater in the stadium floor, a bloodied and disfigured Yayoi clearly visible in the middle and Ryu seen next to the crater.
 
00
 
“Wh-What monstrous strength!” Yuuhi stuttered as she, along with the other Jounin teachers, looked shocked as they saw the announcer Hayate currently checking Yayoi's condition.
 
“Kind of reminds me of Tsunade.” The Hokage mumbled as he heard Ekashi laughing.
 
“Well, you shouldn't be shocked yet Sarutobi, Hibiki isn't even the strongest of the bunch.” Ekashi said amusedly.
 
“Isn't the strongest of the bunch eh? Ekashi, what kind of monsters have you trained over the years?” The Hokage said.
 
00
 
(Cough Cough)
 
Winner, Ryu Hibiki!” Hayate shouted as he called over some medic nins to assist Yayoi.
 
Ryu slowly walked up the stairs and rejoined his group of three, the other genins staring at their group with growing curiosity and anxiety.
 
00
 
Rock Lee stared at the Ryu boy for a little while before turning to Neji and asking him,
 
“What's with him, Neji?”
 
Neji closed his eyes then reopened them with veins almost bursting from the side of eyes, closely examining Ryu.
 
“His chakra levels are not as high as the other two, but he uses it efficiently. He seems to gather a large amount of chakra in to his fist and feet, then unleashes them all at once on impact, causing devastating results.” Neji said as he stopped his Byakugan.
 
“A-Amazing, I'd sure like to fight him sometime, huh Neji?” Rock Lee said eagerly as he stared at Ryu.
 
Neji grunted in acknowledgement but wasn't looking at Ryu, rather the ponytailed boy named Ranma. He smirked a bit as he said to himself,
 
“He's the most powerful.”
 
00
 
“That guy is really strong.” Sakura said loud enough for both of her teammates to hear. She broke out of her musing when she heard Naruto smack his fist into his hand.
 
“I bet I could take him.” Naruto said confidently.
 
Sasuke scoffed which caused Naruto to look at him with anger.
 
Giving a growl, Naruto questioned,
 
“What!?”
 
Sasuke looked at Naruto which feigned interest and said,
 
“That guy is seriously strong, I'm not sure even I could beat him, much less you.”
 
A vein became visible on Naruto's neck as he retorted,
 
“I don't care if I am weaker than you; I bet I could still beat him.”
 
“Stop arguing you two, that boy, Ryu, is on a whole different level than you, Naruto.” Kakashi said.
 
`He has already mastered the `CHAKRA FIST'at his age? What a guy.' Kakashi thought as he closely examined Ryu.
 
Naruto groaned as he said,
 
“Not you too? Man, doesn't anyone believe I could win?”
 
Kakashi gave Naruto a knowing stare which caused Naruto to sweat a little as he heard him say,
 
“That guy wasn't playing around, Naruto. You saw that leaf nin go up against him.”
 
“W-What?” Naruto asked as he saw Kakashi glance towards the shadow nins and say,
 
That kid never stood a chance.”
 
00
 
“What took you so long, Ryu.” Ranma stated more than asked. Ryu gave him a disconcerning glare as he replied,
 
“I was seeing what he was capable of, I wanted a challenge.”
 
The purple haired girl scoffed as she said to Ryu,
 
“Don't waste time with weaklings, Ryu.”
 
Ryu growled as he said to her coldly,
 
“I know that.”
 
Ranma gave Ryu and the purple haired girl a glowing glare which caused both of them to slightly step back.
 
“Stop arguing - or I'll kill you both.”
 
00
 
“Next match!” Hayate said out loud as he looked at the scoreboard.
 
(Ding)
 
“Tenten vs. Xian Lon!”
 
00
 
TBC.
 
Ryu Hibiki and Xian Lon. Sound really familiar don't they? Well, since this isn't a Ranma fic, I guess I'll try to support as many Ranma characters as possible. Similar characters will come out in the future, Any questions will be answered during the next chapter so just review me or email me.
 
Tell me what you think, Please R&R, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.
 
Ja ne!