Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ Allies (Really Chapter 13) ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Demon Flux

By Starshifter

Rating: G, PG (Actually I have no clue, you tell me. It can vary with each chapter?)

Warnings: Slight Angst, violence (I try to keep actual bloody gore and killings to a minimum)

Pairings: None (barely even hints), Not yaoi or yuri.

Spoilers: I am not sure. It depends on where you are in my timelines . If you have seen the episodes or read the manga past them, virtually none.

Timelines:

For Yu Yu Hakusho: It has varied. Now I want to say before the Dark Tournament, although it was originally intended for afterwards. Definitely after Yusuke's fight with the Saint Beasts.

For Naruto: This timeline is more concrete. Between Wave Country and the Chuunin exam.

Summary: Naruto is pulled into Yusuke's world. The YYH gang and Naruto return to Leaf Village and continue their adventures together.

Disclaimer: I found I am a Yu Yu addict. Actually, that was pretty obvious, right?

I just write the fanfic, I don't own them though, eh?


Feedback: Yes, please!

ONWARD!!!

A/N:

Yes, Yes….I am horribly, late. I don't have an excuse. Then again - I do.

School is killing me. Two especially hard classes this summer and another two (that I also just stubbornly hate and refuse to do anything in) this semester. That's really bad considering I am aiming at graduating next summer. Anyway, I am stressed, I have writers block *really* bad, we moved to a new house, I am a multi tasking, multi-project person, I work full- time, and what else? Um….classes…..and…* faints from exhaustion*

Anyway, I don't post just to say that I won't be updating-

Because FFnet and MM.org frown on that

And

I don't like it when an author posts a note and I get all excited thinking it's a chapter to read. Don't you hate that too?

But, my beta came to your rescue! She apologized way too profusely for missing that last chapter - and has now poked and prodded me into giving you something to read.

Thank Her NOW!!!!

^_^

*cough*….Okay, now ….go read.


-star

Demon Flux: Chapter Thirteen

~*~ (my beta did that so I kept it, heheh. ^_^)

The east side of the rock face hid the rebel encampment well, and only a few areas exposed their activities. It was through one of these vantage points that Yusuke kept lookout. He was perched behind a scraggly bush, which failed to provide any shade at noon time. It was annoying being just a lookout, but he really didn't have much choice. After all, he was the one who had been adamant about staying and watching the rebels, while Hiei had quietly voiced his displeasure at spending even another minute "in this wasteland". He drove his point home seconds later by saying as he departed, "Fine, I am going to go amuse myself while you get this out of your system. Don't do anything stupid, Yusuke."

The activities within the rebel camp had escalated in the past few days. There were always a few more factions joining the ranks, and some leaving. Although, from Yusuke's view point leaving the group wasn't the best option available. No one left of their own volition, but rather, were forced to leave, and permanently. Yusuke smarted at the memory of the first killings he had witnessed. Brutal sparring matches, limbs torn, blood flowing, and life lost, all just to see who was more powerful.

Yusuke sighed. Inevitably his mind wandered to Kurama and Naruto, and he wondered if they were having fun. He was willing to give anything to be with Naruto at the moment, slurping steaming hot ramen at the Ikiru noodle bar. Yususke lost himself in that imagery; anything sounded better than water and the so called "supplies" that Hiei had stolen from the camp.

Speaking of Hiei, where was the socially stunted fire demon? Yusuke studied the shadows on the ground in order to guess the time; he was sure that there were only minutes left before he could be expected to appear. Yusuke knew that despite his announcement, he would return to keep Yusuke company in the evening.

He caught the wisp of black out of the corner of his eye as Hiei appeared and leaned against the boulder beside him. A tension-filled silence surrounded them for a moment, as two strong willed creatures battled against being the first to speak. Yusuke failed to notice that he was trying hard to not even breathe.

Hiei finally turned to gaze at him with an unreadable expression, and Yusuke struggled to meet him with the same, unflinching look. Finally, he turned his head away and said morosely,


"Two teams joined from the Sand since I've been here, and three from the Hidden Mist came in an hour ago."


"Hn" was the reply.

Yusuke waited.

"You are aware of the two watching you?"

A nod.


"I don't think they are with this group of rabble."


Yusuke's eyebrow rose a fraction at this helpful statement.


"What about the village?"

"Humph."

Hiei pushed himself off the rock with a satisfied smirk.

"The movement of those from the Mist took a westerly direction. They have surrounded the village, and now it is essentially a standoff. Only one man alone could hope to attempt travel in or out without detection"

Yusuke nodded and turned to look in the direction of Leaf Village


"What can you tell me about these two watching me, Hiei? I don't have eyes in the back of my head."

The fire demon snorted, "They are hardly of any challenge to you or me, they are inconsequential."


Yusuke rubbed his face with his hand to hide his frustration with the infuriatingly smug demon. He then faced the demon, grinning like a loon.

"Well, if they present no threat, and they aren't enemies, perhaps they just want to talk? I can't think of any other reason why they would wait and just watch me for 6 hours."


"Hn, baka."


Yusuke waited a bit longer before beginning his descent from his lookout to the ground. Hiei met him there and Yusuke finally admitted he wanted to give the two Ninja's the opportunity to approach him that evening. If they didn't, Yusuke argued to the demon, he'd be more than willing to head back to the Village and Kurama. Hiei eyed his companion in disgust but grudgingly agreed. He silently slipped away, leaving Yusuke to his ridiculous mission.


Yusuke was rewarded two hours later, with the presence of two masked Shinobi perched on the rocks to his left. They didn't wear any insignia that he could recognize. He waited patiently, allowing them the opportunity to explain why they had finally sought him out.

"We assume you are not with Shikaru and his band of rebels"

Yusuke gave them a slight smirk, "What gave me away?"

The two were silent for a time, and then Yusuke heard,

"We are also not their allies. I am Shiba and this is Riyu, we are from outside the borders of the Mist."

Yusuke nodded just enough to let them know to continue.

"The leader of this rebel clan was one of our village elders. He led a revolt against the counsel and slaughtered everyone. We were not in the village at the time, but rather away working to earn extra money for the village. We returned only in time to bury the dead. Our people were honorable, and they would not want the killing to continue, so we have come to help the Leaf."


"Someone with an even stronger honor code than you, Hiei."

"Hn"

The two ninjas looked momentarily startled as the demon came into view.

"Well," said Yusuke to cover for his friend's lack of good manners, "I am Yusuke and this is Hiei, we are going to return to the village with the information we have gathered. If you would like to accompany us, I am sure that any allies will be more than welcome."

__

A/N: Yeah, that's it for now *ducks behind the chair to avoid flying objects*

I'll try to do better …really I will. *several kunai wiz by*

I'll tell my beta to keep bugging me. It seems to help! ^_^

~~star