Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ ..100..Moments.. ❯ ..Grazed Knees.. ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

· · Grazed Knees · ·
 
Lyrics: Snow Patrol Story: Lina G.
 
· ·
A short, to-the-points SaskueNaruto fic, inspired by the lyrics to Snow Patrol's “Grazed Knees”, from Saskue's point of view.
 
· ·
I did not sleep.
No matter how hard I tried, no matter how tired I was, I would not sleep at his house.
And now the dawn is painting it's shades of pink and orange across the skies, and the sun is peeking over the treetops. Somehow, I feel cold, even though it's only the beginning of winter. The leaves still have yet to fall.
Suddenly, he sits up.
He must have been awake, too.
Slowly, and almost sadly, he reaches behind himself and brushes a few strands of hair from my eyes. Even in the frozen cold, his hand is still so warm, but I can also see the goosebumps on his arm. His touch tugs at my heartstrings.
I slowly turn over so that I can see him. By now he's gotten off of the bed and is standing blankly, like he doesn't know where he is, even though this is his own house. I try not to stare, but it's too late.
He looks at the ground, a smile tracing his lips. It's a smile of weariness, sadness, and almost disgust, but I can also see love in that smile. His eyes don't meet mine.
“The blanket is over there, if you like.” He points.
I do my best to shake my head. I cannot use my voice right now. Not here. Not with him. Not after last night.
Somehow, as I look at him, I feel more broken up than I've ever been. Something inside of me is giving way. I should have never come back here.
Suddenly, he's right in front of me, his indigo eyes burning into mine.
“Cold?” He asks. I close my eyes. My head finds it's place on his shoulder.
“I really… have to go.” I sigh. He clasps his fingers around the back of my head and pulls my body up so that our foreheads are touching.
“I don't want you to.” He whispers. His voice shakes. I'm afraid my voice is shaking too.
“What will we do?” I ask him quietly. “We can't let anybody know, we have to… lie. Lie and be safe.” I shake as he runs his hands down me freezing arms. “What if we get caught?”
“Shhh.” He breathes. “Please, don't go…”
“I have to.” I reply softly. He shakes his head, as if he could not render his thoughts.
“Please,” He says. His voice is so desperate, so haunting.
I force myself to pull away. He reaches his hands out to me. I can feel the same pain that he is feeling.
As soon as the clothes are on my body, I want to take them back off. But I still grasp the doorknob.
“Please, don't leave.” He reaches for me once more, still sitting on his bed, his eyes pleading me. I turn to face him and grasp his hand. Tears stream down his face.
“Just say you love me now, and forget this day.” I whisper, looking at the bare, solid ground. “Forget today, forget last night,” I stop and bite my lip. I should have never come back here. “But just don't… Don't forget me.”
He pulls me close to him, and I let him. At the edge of the bed, he quietly places his lips on mine, running his tongue across the top of me teeth. His grip on my hand tightens, and he pulls my body closer to his, arching his back.
“How could I?” He asks, our lips nearly toughing as he speaks, I turn and close my eyes. I feel his grip on me loosen, and he drops his arms. I turn away from him and close my eyes.
“Save your energy for later.” I breathe, placing my hand on the doorknob. I push forward, and the cold hits me like a punch in the face.
“Saskue,” He calls. I turn around to face him, his enchanting royal blue eyes locking on to my gaze.
“I love you.” He says.
The words for love are unspeakable in any other way. No matter how many other ways you try to think of, there are no other words.
He looks so cold and alone, but I turn from his gaze.
“I… Love you too, Naruto.”
And the door closes quietly.
 
· · End · ·