Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ ..100..Moments.. ❯ ..Fool.. ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

..Fool..
╠╬[ ЌǺŸÇ¿Å°Ä·Ä 02;ĩŜέй ]╬╣
 
Konoha's night sky had always baffled Naruto.
What were all of those stars out there? Where were they? Did things live on them?
Most people never thought Naruto could have any of these strangely intellectual thoughts, but inside his little mind, there were always questions whizzing by and passing, forgotten in a black hole.
On this particular night, the sky was clear and a slight breeze twilled the fall leaves on the sidewalk. Naruto stood gazing up at the stars, baffled by the questions that kept passing though his mind.
What if somewhere out there, there was someone just like him? He pictured a small green man with his face.
Naruto shuddered and shook the question from his mind.
“Naruto?” A voice suddenly spoke. Naruto jumped and whirled around. He winced.
“Sasuke?! What are you doing here?” He barked. The raven-haired boy shrugged, slightly ruffling the dark blue scarf that was wrapped around his neck.
“Passing through, what are you doing here?” He replied, staring icily back at his rival. Naruto sulked and twisted back to his view of the sky.
“Lookin'.” He replied factually, nodding slightly.
“At the stars?” Sasuke asked, almost mockingly. Naruto twirled back around angrily.
“Why not?!” He snapped. Again, Sasuke shrugged. Naruto turned on his heel back to his panorama view. The sidewalk was part of the park walk, where you could face toward the sky and have the field and trees sloping down past you on the front, and on the back was the rest of the park, the benches and playground.
“This is my favorite place,” Sasuke leaned on the protection rail a ways away from Naruto, gazing out onto the stretch of undeveloped forestland. “I used to come here all the time when I was little.”
Naruto blinked.
“I used to come here too.” He quipped. “When everyone had gone home, I used to wander out here past the playground and spend half the night out here, just looking.” Naruto smiled warily, his azure eyes clouding with memories of the past.
“Looking, huh?” Sasuke replied. “I used to wonder if there was someone out there exactly like me. “ He sighed, turning his head down to look at the concrete. Naruto blinked.
“Me too!” He yelled excitedly. “I used to wonder that exact same thing!”
“Shush!” Sasuke hushed his teammate, putting his palm over Naruto's mouth. “Don't you have any idea how late it is?!” He hissed.
“Mffmhmm!” Naruto retorted. Sasuke's eyes got wider.
“Ech!” His had flew off of Naruto's mouth. Naruto laughed.
“I'm cold, huh?” He asked. Sasuke was suddenly aware that Naruto's voice was shaking.
“Yeah.” He propped his elbows back onto the railing. Naruto huffed. His breath made a smoky-looking puff of the cold air. Suddenly something blue hit him on the head.
“Ah!” He squeaked. He unraveled Sasuke's scarf from around his head. “Why did you just throw this stupid thing at me?” He looked over at Sasuke, who was simply leaning back against the railing again.
“Just put it on, idiot.” Sasuke answered. Naruto looked at Sasuke in confusion.
“But then you'd be cold.” He said, his voice sounding flat, and somewhat dumb. Sasuke sighed.
“Sasuke?” Naruto cheeped. Sasuke took his arms off of the rail and grabbed his scarf.
“You're just the kind of person to go out in the dead of night wearing summer clothes.” Sasuke said, with just a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He took both of the ends of the scarf and wrapped it around Naruto twice. Naruto didn't breathe.
“Better?” Sasuke asked, a tint of crimson flashing across his face. Naruto stood there with Sasuke's scarf twisted around his neck, looking into Sasuke's cold ebony eyes.
“Now you're cold…” He said, unintentionally grasping Sasuke's hand. His fingers were was cold as ice.
“Does that really matter?” Sasuke asked. Naruto nodded. He pulled the top of the scarf up and over his head, then plopped it onto Sasuke. Naruto grinned.
“There.” He said. “Now we're both…” Naruto paused for a second, the same flush of crimson that crossed Sasuke's face now coming across his.
“Warm…” Naruto tipped forward on his heels just a little.
Sasuke smiled just a little. Second kiss. He thought. Suddenly, they were both going further backward than forward. Naruto yelped.
The two of them fell onto the pavement, entangled in Sasuke's scarf. Naruto squirmed, until he wasn't choking. His face was red. Sasuke huffed.
“Fool.” He muttered.