Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ ...Is Always Attainable ❯ ...Is Always Attainable ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: This was just a quick 15-minute dealy, because while looking at some Naruto doujin I was caught with the urge to write so I did and this is what came out. It's short, because usually if I write something long, I don't finish it. So I'm proud for finishing this (even if it's short).
 
Disclaimer: Come on now. The boys (and one girl) aren't mine.
Title: ...Is always attainable.
Rating: G-PG(?)
Summary: While Sasuke sleeps, Naruto contemplates a happy ending.
Warnings: Implied, (or is it, hardly.) shounen-ai. Kind of melancholy. Naruto POV.
Pairings: Sasunaru
Word count: 471.
 
…Is always attainable.
 
A happy ending…
 
Don't we all want one? All I ever wanted in life was a happy ending. And maybe a happy beginning. But I fear I did not receive the latter. I'm still waiting on the former, really. How will I know when my ending has come? Will it be something internal? Will I go `Naruto, this is the end'? And that's it? I guess I won't really know until the end, ne?
 
Hold on, Sasuke's shifting. I look over at him; it's kind of funny really… he looks ten years younger in sleep. Almost like a cherub, but not. His cheek bones are more defined, his pale lips slack, mouth open just a smidge, his breathing light and barely audible. I realize just now that I love him. He sighs in his sleep and turns more towards me, a blue clad arm coming up to grope across my stomach. His skin is like fire, so hot in this sleep.
 
He sighs again, and settles back in. Now where was I? Oh yes, my happy ending… I think it's something that everyone wants. As far as Iruka-niisan is concerned, he already has his, he told me last time we had ramen together, so I suppose that means that Kakashi-pervert has a happy ending as well, considering he's the cause for Iruka's… I don't know if Sakura has a happy ending… maybe if she realizes how much Lee-kun likes her she will. Right now, she's sort of dejected over the loss of Sasuke.
 
Speaking of Sasuke, he's waking up.
 
“Hey.” I whisper, softly, just a wisp of breath leaving my lips. He opens his dark eyes, I once wondered how his eyes are that dark, and blinks a few times, gathering information about his surroundings. “Yo.” He speaks back to me.
 
He settles in further beside me, that arm around my waist tightening, “What are you thinking about dobe?” He asks quietly. I don't really understand why we're being so quiet, it's not like anyone is around to hear us, because we're all alone, but I don't really mind. Heh, Naruto, the loud-mouthed ninja of Konoha, not minding the quiet.
 
I cock my head to the side and look at him through slitted eyes, “Actually, I'm thinking about Sakura.” I see the expression on his face and chuckle nervously, “But now I'm thinking of you,” and how you took that the wrong way, I'm sorry.
 
His ebony coloured eyebrow ticks and I smile, “Sasuke, go back to bed. I'll get you up in a few hours.” He nods and shuffles back down, and closes his eyes, asleep in mere seconds.
 
I think… I think that if I have Sasuke by my side no matter what… I'll be able to have my happy ending.
 
And…I can make a new beginning as well.
 
 
DNExxEND
 
 
Yes... thats it. I'm contemplating writing a sequal, no I'm not, what am I thinking? I'll write one if you guys want more. Please read and review!