Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Glimpse on the Wild Side ❯ Nerds??? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything that you may recognize from Naruto.
 
A Glimpse on the Wild Side
Authored By:
Sunday's Angel
 
Summary: Their nerds… They wear glasses…wear retainers and just horrible mismatched clothing… But remember things are NOT what they always seem…AU Read and Review. S/S-G/I-N/H-T/N
 
 
Chapter One; Nerds???
 
 
 
 
It was a truly wonderful day. The birds were chirping, the sky was sunny and everything outside was just picture perfect. Too bad she's stuck here in school, doing nothing but listen to boring teachers do mind-numbing lectures. Not to mention, pop quizzes which seems to pop on every single subject she was in.
 
Sakura Haruno sighed as she leaned back towards her chair; stifling a yawn. She was in her last class for the day; Geometry, and was trying very hard to listen to her math teacher, Mr. Odeki who was droning on and on about some method she really didn't care much about.
 
She looked down at her Geometry notebook, or that's what it's supposed to be as she smiled dreamily at the leader of the famous band called the Anbus; Uchiha Sasuke. The Anbus were really, really famous, and had swept the country of off its feet two years ago.
 
They were even known throughout the world and were the first to receive a lot of major awards, not only in their own country but even in the Grammies which was really amazing since nobody that young has ever done that before. They were only a year older than her and were studying in a school very near to their own which she was very, very happy about.
 
“Ms. Haruno Sakura, Ms. Haruno Sakura!” Mr. Odeki half shouted, snapping Sakura out of her reverie.
 
“Ah, Uhm, what is it sir?” Sakura asked, startled.
 
“Are you daydreaming again, Ms. Haruno? That's the fifth ti-” Mr. Odeki stopped as he noticed that her supposed Geometry's notebook was baring the face of one of the members of the Anbu with even little hearts on it.
 
Mr. Odeki's eyes narrowed into slits.
Not only are you not paying attention, but you're, but-” Mr. Odeki stopped himself again and let himself breathe. “We will meet at detention later. Now go outside.”
 
Sakura hurriedly stood up and walked outside after mumbling a quick apology. Damn! That's the fifth time this week! Sakura thought, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Well, at least they wouldn't know about it! I hope. Sakura thought.
 
 
 
 
_*_
 
 
 
 
“So how was detention?” Yamanaka Ino asked, smirking.
 
Sakura groaned. “How the heck did you guys know about that?”
 
They, Sakura's group of friends, were currently on their way home and were now teasing Sakura about what happened earlier that day.
 
“We have our sources.” Shirigawa Tenten said, smiling playfully. “Really Sakura, of all the reasons, why that? Though can't say I'm surprised.
 
Yeah, me either.” Hyuga Hinata said, giggling quietly.
 
“Not you too, Hinata-chan.” Sakura complained. “Just don't tell them, please.”
 
“Hmm… We don't know… this is just too good to pass up…” Ino said, her eyes twinkling mischievously. “Plus, it's great blackmail too…”
 
“Oh Ino, please, look, I'll do anything you want and besides if you do that you'll be as bad as Kiishi.”
 
“What did you just say, girl with big forehead?” a high-pitched voice asked angrily.
 
Shaina Kiishi was there standing in the opposite of them with her group of so-called friends.
 
“I have a name Kiishi, its Haruno Sakura.” Sakura said through gritted teeth, trying to stop herself from beating this girl to a bloody pulp. She hates people commenting on her forehead, and it takes a lot of will power not to do things she might got to jail for. And also, she really didn't want a fight, not that she was scared or anything, she just didn't want to stoop to her level.
 
Besides, Shaina Kiishi is the most popular and richest girl in school. And as most of the world's population knows, popular means a total bitch. But even so, if you fight with her, you fight with the whole school which she controls, being rich and all. Unfair isn't it? But that's life.
 
“I didn't ask that, stupid girl.” She said, rolling her eyes. “And I thought you geeks are supposed to be smart.”
 
Sakura's eyes narrowed and was about to say something when Ino beat her to it.
 
“We didn't do anything to you, Kiishi. So please just leave us alone.” Ino said, coldly.
 
“I wasn't talking to you, so shut your mouth.” Shaina said just as coldly as she turned to Sakura again. “And you girl, you're the one who got detention today right? Pathetic really, Sasuke-kun's never going to notice you and besides, he's mine, get it through your thick head.”
 
And did she mention that this girl was so crazy about Sasuke that she thinks she's the only one who was allowed to like him. Selfish really…
 
Sakura's face then scrunched up with mixed confusion and anger. Does everybody know why I got detention today? And people arenot supposed to care about us, nerds, right? Oh yeah, she's in my class, unfortunately.How could I forget about that? Sakura thought miserably.
 
If that's what you want Kiishi. Then he's all yours.” Sakura said. Though I really doubt, he'll ever notice someone like you.”
 
“Why you little bitch!!!” Shaina said, angrily as she raised her hand to slap her.
 
“No please, Kiishi.” Hinata suddenly pleaded, making Shaina stop. “We're really sorry. Sakura's just having a bad day. I'll make sure it won't happen again.”
 
Shaina stared at Hinata for one minute before she finally relaxed.
 
“Alright, I'll let this slide this time, Hyuga since you have never defied me in anyway. Just make sure you make your so called friends in line.” Shaina said and with that left followed by her ever loyal friends.
 
“Thanks Hinata-chan. I don't know what could've happen if you hadn't made that girl go.” Tenten said in relief as she eyed both Sakura and Ino who were already red with fury, if she wasn't mistaken.
 
“Hmph! But I'm not happy with what you did, Hinata. You shouldn't have done that.” Ino suddenly said with her anger very apparent in her voice.
 
“Yeah,” Sakura agreed. “You should've at least let us given her the beating of a lifetime.”
 
Hinata shook her head. “Guys, you know why I did that. And moreover, we've only been here for like a month or so. We don't want to blow our cover.”
 
Yes, Hinata's right, so don't argue with us.” Tenten said, officially ending the argument. “Let's just go home now. These glasses are really giving me a headache besides it would do both Ino and Sakura to see them.” Tenten said suggestively, making both of them blush.
 
“Shut up, Tenten.” Sakura and Ino said in unison.
 
 
 
 
_*_
 
 
 
 
 
“Whew! Finally!” Sakura said as she entered the living room and plopped to a nearby couch. She took off her glasses and retainers and placed them in her bag as did the rest of the girls.
 
“Mou! Why doesn't Ino have to wear glasses and we all do?” Sakura asked.
 
“Because first, it's going to be quite weird if we all do and second, I'm the boss's favorite.” Ino said smugly, as she also took a seat.
 
“Hmph! You wish!” Sakura said, annoyed.
 
They were all wearing glasses and retainers except for Ino, though only the glass thingy, she was forced to wear the retainers too. Though it's not that they have awful eyesight, actually, they have a perfectly good one, and it's even sharper than most people. And they don't have a bad case of teeth either; their teeth could even be for toothy smiley commercials. It's just for the low profile thing.
 
“So where do you think the guys are?” Tenten asked.
 
“Probably doing some suicide missions,” Ino said dourly. “And I hope they never come back.”
 
“Hey, don't say that Ino.” Hinata said disapprovingly.
 
“Yeah! I want to see him again.” Sakura agreed.
 
“And why's that? Their doing something exciting and here we are stuck with nothing to do but play it safe and dress like geeks! That's really unfair I tell you! Un-
 
But Ino was cut off.
 
“What's unfair?” a deep voice asked.
 
“Sasuke-kun!” Sakura said, stunned. And there they were, the four infamous Anbus standing by the door together with their guardian, Kakashi-sensei, looking quite dirty and with bruises all over except Gaara, of course.
 
 
 
 
_*_
 
 
 
 
Author Notes: Well, I know it's not that good and might be a little confusing but promise, as the story progresses it will become better and you'll know why the girls are going undercover!!! So please read and review!!!