Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Ninja's True heart ❯ A new mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“RASENGAN!”
“CHIDORI!”
BOOM!
A memory of a little raven-haired boy linking pinkies with a blond-haired boy grinning appears…
“SASUKE!”
Naruto blinks and looks at the ceiling. Damn. It's that memory again. He yawns. It's been two whole years hasn't it? It feels good to be back in Konoha!
Naruto gets out of bed and stretches. “ALRIGHTY! I SHALL TRAIN EXTRA HARD TODAY!”
-------------
“GOOD MORNING SAKURA-CHAN!”
Haruno Sakura turns around and smiles at Naruto as he walks towards her. “Hi Naruto. You're late!” “Heh my bad!” Naruto says and looks around. “Where's Kakashi-sensei?”
Sakura sighs. “You know him. I'll bet you $10 he'll be 1 hour late!” Naruto grins. “DEAL!”
*1 hr later*
“Yo… you two.”
A pissed off looking Naruto yells. “KAKASHI-SENSEI! WHAT'S YOUR LAME EXCUSE THIS TIME?! HUH? AN OLD lady GOT IN YOUR WAY? THE BOOK OF DESTINY JUST HAPPENED TO FALL ON YOUR HEAD? HUH? HUH?
“Actually… I was meeting with the Fifth. You guys have an S-rank mission.”
Sakura gasped. “No way! Is it just us two? Or are you accompanying us too Kakashi-sensei?” Kakashi sighs and says, “Why don't you ask the Hokage-sama yourself? She's waiting for you.”
That snapped Naruto back to reality. With a blink of an eye, he raced to the tower leaving an exasperated female ninja behind. “Honestly, he gets too carried away. What am I gonna do with him?" But I guess… that's Naruto's little charm. “WAIT UP NARUTO!” Sakura yelled and ran up the stairs. Kakashi looked up towards the sky. Let's see if those two can survive this mission.
“OI! TSUNADE-BABA! IS IT TRUE! HUH? An S-RANK MISSION? I REPEAT! IS IT REALLY AN S-RANK MISSION! OI! TSUNADA-BABA! U BETTER NOT BE IGNORING ME!”
“How CAN I ignore you if you're yelling right in my ear Naruto? Get a grip for heaven's sake! YES you're having an s-rank mission,” Tsunada-sama answered. And then she quickly covered her ears. “YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TAKE THAT!!! An S-RANK MISSION!!! HELL I'M NOT EVEN A JOUNIN AND LOOK AT ME!!”
A fist made contact with Naruto's face and was flown across the room. Tsunade sweatdropped and then folded her hands. “Good morning Sakura.”
Sakura bowed after relaxing her hand. “I suppose you are both curious why I asked you two for this mission. If you guys would just sit down and BE QUIET-“ she glared at Naruto - “then I'll tell you everything.”
Naruto grumbled and sat down with Sakura looking eagered and a bit nervous. For what, she had no idea.
“Right. So, here's how it goes. I am sending you guys to the Suna. Right now, they are in a middle of war with the Ice Country. As you both now, the Suna is one of our most strongest allies and if we help them, it will come to a better benefit for us. I am sending you two specifally because obviously, Naruto has a much better influenced to the Kazekage-“ Naruto beamed-“and Sakura is one of our advanced medic ninjas. Any questions?”
sakura raised her hand. “Hokage-sama, I understand the mission and all, but what makes this an s-rank mission? All we do is back up the sand. Wouldn't we need more people then?” Tsunade smiled. “No. I'm not asking you guys to wipe out the Ice Country. Just settle the peace between them. Gaara will obviously need to get the burden off this back.”
Naruto grinned. “yeah right. Gaara can handle anything! But, when I become hokage, I guess having the suna's alliance will help!”
Tsunade and Sakura rolled their eyes. “All right! You guys will be expected to leave tomorrow at dawn! Remember. The Ice Country is extremely strong. They have powers that NOBODY has even thought of finding out. The Sand is powerful as well. Try to make BOTH of them our allies. You got that?”
“Yes ma'am!” the two ninjas replied. “Good,” tsunade nodded and dismissed them.
She closed her eyes and leaned back her chair. This mission is a big responsibility. However, I think the future Rokudaime can handle this. Along with my excelled student. She laughed and then continued her paper work.