Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Things Kept ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: SB thanks people for reading and reviewing. She kills herself editing but she's slowly finishing.
SB would like to take this time to tell KDS (teehee, her Kellster) that she loves her.
Love you honey!

Things Kept
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A man entered the room and switched on the light. The room immediately glowed white.
That's odd… She didn't remember paying for the electricity for this place for months… She turned around; ready to face her doom, but what she saw was most unexpected. “…Neji?” she questioned in surprise.
He in turn, looked maybe even more shocked then herself; he did not plan on meeting her there. His eyes scanned her face and current position. 'She's been crying…' He studied her for a moment before speaking, “I thought you told me that you sold this place a long time ago?” His deep voice penetrated the long silence.
Her eyes fluttered closed, she shrugged her shoulders.
Ahh… So she lied, she didn't sell the apartment. This made Neji slightly happy.
He hurriedly changed his stun expression to one of boredom.
She saw it in his eyes; worry… the legendary Hyuuga worried for her. He still worried for her. She couldn't face him. He was the last person she wanted to be with right now. She got up and slowly made her way out of the room. He noticed that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring anymore. It didn't take a genius to add two and two together.
He was foolish, maybe too foolish, but he knew that this was going to be his only chance. If he waited, Sakura will leave and eventually the Uchiha would corner her and he would lose her all over again.
`Damn it!' He couldn't even remember why they broke up in the first place. All he knew was that he missed her. So very badly.
There were times that he thought he and Sakura might have had a chance together again, all those times he searched in Sakura's eyes for any form of love left for him. Needless to say, he always saw a small hint of it there.
“…Sakura,” the tall, lean, coco haired man said hesitantly.
She looked up, and her tears quieted.
“I should have done this a long time ago.”
He looked at her pale porcelain face. Her perfect cherry blossom hair, now back to it's original pink color. Her deep jaded eyes that he could fall asleep just staring at… and those luscious red lips… she was beautiful.
“What is it Hyuuga,” she said coldly, giving him a frosty glare.
He ignored her.
“What do you want Hyuuga?” She said confused, “what haven't you done yet?”
There was silence. It lasted a really long time.
“Why are you crying?” He said finally, knowing full well that she knew he was stalling.
“What is it Hyuuga?” She repeated her line again, impatience ringing in her voice.
She was very vulnerable right now, and that even the simplest words that escaped his mouth could easily hurt the poor kunoichi and bring her into more self-despair, but he couldn't help it, he really did want to know why she was crying.
Or at least confirm why she was crying.
He growled in frustration. How could this one woman get to him so easily, was he not the Hyuuga prodigy? Wasn't he going to be the next Hyuuga clan leader? Then why on earth couldn't he just forget about her?
Sakura let out a sigh, “Why do you, Hyuuga Neji, even care.”
That voice brought back his attention to the matter at hand.
`Why do I care?' He thought `…why should I even care?'
He was currently having an inner battle.
`Because you love her,' a voice answered him.
“…”
`Who the fuck just said that?'
`You did, you idiot'
“…”
`Wha?'
He was stumped.
`Your inner self, Dumbass!' His mind screamed at him.
`OMG, I'm so pathetic, I'm talking to myself.'
`Shut up! You care for her and you know it.'
`No I do not.'
`Yes you do.'
`No.'
`Yes.'
`No.'
`Yes.'
Glare.
`Your pathetic, can't you see what she means to you?'
Glare.
`She doesn't mean anything to me anymore…'
“NEJI!”A furious voice yelled at him.
He sharply turned his attention back to the heart-broken women in front of him.
“I was already rejected today; I don't need to be ignored too!”
He turned around to stare at her, shocked…
“Of all people Neji, I would think that you wouldn't come here just to see me suffer. I'm already hurt, I don't need you to come here, ask me a question and be ignored again, damn it!" She was angry; tears were running down her face. He wanted very much to brush them away. He hated seeing her cry, and worse, he hated seeing her cry because of him.
“Just leave me alone,” she hissed angrily.
“Sakura…”
She turned to face him. “I already told you that I don't need this right now. LEAVE!”
“I can't.”
This time she turned around to face him. Whatever he wanted to tell her right now, she just didn't want to know. At that very minute she could feel her mind telling her to run away, to put as much distance as possible between them… It was as if her heart already knew that whatever he was about to say was going to hurt her even more, and that scared her.
“I can't leave until you listen to me,” he said roughly while standing there, rooted at the spot, making it clear that he wasn't going to leave anytime soon, or until he gets his way. He was always like this. Maybe this is the reason why she fell in love with him.
She turned and looked into his beautiful pure-white eyes. Oh god… how she loved his eyes… They reminded her of snow, and fresh hand picked lilies, and… and… sleeping bunnies, she almost laughed at this thought.
She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice that he wasn't standing in front of her any longer. In fact he was kneeling right in front of her, on one leg actually, and he was getting something out of his pocket…
`Oh my god…'
“Haruno Sakura.”
“…”
Now it was her turn to remain speechless. She didn't utter a single sound or make any movement at all. She was just staring at the magnificent white gold diamond engagement ring that he was holding in front of her.
“Sakura.”
“Huh…?”
`Oh, great pick of words idiot,' her inner self screamed at her.
“I've never done this before Sakura, so forgive me if I'm not doing this right”
She just stood there staring at him.
“Ne-Nej… Neji… What are you doing?”
He smirked at her comment, `it took her 3 tries just to say my name…'
He looked at her again… What was he doing?
“Hyuuga?” Sakura said uncertainly.
He noticed that she didn't call him Neji anymore.
'Two can play that game then,' he mentally thought.
“Haruno.”
She looked up from the shiny diamond ring, to his face.
From the moment he saw it, he knew it would suit her perfectly. It was plain, but not too simple. A gleaming gem, not larger then the Uchiha's but large enough to scream of its' worth, sitting right in the middle with an emerald studded rim. The whole ring was covered with white gold; she doesn't like yellow gold, this she had told him once, before they had broken up that is… his eyes momentarily saddened at the thought of this.
“Neji,” he looked up, oh how she was always pulling him out of thoughts. “You're doing it again!” She spoke angrily.
He chuckled. She was so amusing.
Wrong move.
He was roughly shoved; he would have been meeting the hard stone floor, right then, right there, if it wasn't for his intense training. He got up and grabbed her hand, making sure that she wouldn't stalk away like last time.
“Let go,” she said icily.
He was going to do this right.
He got down on one knee again, positioned the little dark-purple box in his hand and made sure that it was properly facing her. He always carried the ring around with him everywhere. He had no idea why, he merely though of it as a habit.
“Haruno Sakura.”
She gave him the nastiest glare.
“Last time, I swear,” he stated with a hidden grin.
She looked him over before answering timidly. Her eyes softened, he was telling the truth this time.
Her lips were dry, and her heartbeat was racing. “Yes Hyuuga Neji?”
“Will you marry me?”

(Y)? (Y)? (Y)
(-. -)(-. -)(-. -)
C ((")(") C ((")(") C ((")(")
Bunny POWER!