Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New World ❯ Pranks, Cover-ups, Surprises, and Confusion ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Whole New World
Pranks, Cover-ups, Surprises, and Confusion
__________________________________________________
Konoha Village Street 
Mina wandered through the streets in the town. The town of Konoha was just like the one on the show. Suddenly she looked forward and saw a familiar site, the Hokage Monument, but this time it was covered in paint.  `Oh no, I just realized.' She thought to herself. `This is the day Naruto gets caught by Iruka-sensei after which he has to clean the Hokage Monument.'  
Suddenly she is jolted out of her thoughts by the sound of a boy yelling insults at his pursuers. As the boy comes closer she recognizes him. It was Naruto. He was running towards her not even once looking in front of him.  She tries to step aside but she doesn't move fast enough and, BAM! He runs right into her spilling paint on her in the process.
“Sorry!” She hears as the blond jumps right back up and starts running again. She calmly gets up just as two jonin land next to her. “Did you see a boy with a paint can just now?”  The jonin ask not even looking at her clothes. 
“Oh, you mean Naruto-chan. Yes, he went that way.” She said while pointing the opposite way that he had gone.
About a minute after the jonin left she called to Naruto. “You can come out now. They're gone. That was a great prank you pulled” 
Naruto suddenly appeared out from behind his disguise. “Thanks, for helping.”
 He started to walk off, but then he realized he had spilt paint on her. He quickly turned around to head back. Finally stopping in front of the girl, he just had to apologize; after all she had helped him and hadn't given him a glare.
 “Are you ok? Sorry about the paint.” Naruto said to Mina as she turned to walk away. Miko looked back at him. “I'm fine. Don't worry about it.”
 She said realizing that he would get caught if he stayed here to long. “Shouldn't you leave before you get caught?” 
“Nope, I won't get caught. Those guys never catch me. The one I got to worry about is Iruka-sensei.” He finished saying this just as Iruka rounded the corner. 
“Naruto!” Iruka yelled at the blond.  Quickly Naruto turned back to Iruka-sensei and started yelling back.
“What are you doing here Iruka-sensei!?”  
“No, what are you doing here? You should be in school.”  Iruka said getting ready to yell at Naruto some more when a girl's voice spoke up from behind Naruto. 
“Sorry it's my fault. I asked him to show me where the school was,” Mina said to Iruka as he turned to face her. “I helped him paint the monument too. Look I'm covered in paint as proof.” She looked at Iruka, then at Naruto and winked. 
“Are you Mina-san?” Iruka asked Mina. He noticed the wink at Naruto, but brushed it off. “Yes!” she said looking back at Iruka. “Can you take me to the school? I don't know the way.” She knew the way, but Iruka didn't even notice her lie. However, unknown to her someone did.
 __________________________________________________________< /div>
Hidden corner 
Kakashi was surprise by the girl's cunning as Iruka started to lead them away, after tying up Naruto of course.  He had known the girl was unique, but this was pushing it.  
`Those Ninja never mentioned Naruto's name, but she knew it.' Kakashi thought as he listed the reasons that Mina was weird. `Naruto spilled that paint on her and she covered for him, and she's trying to get him out of trouble. Most people would let him take the fall.' 
Kakashi had started to follow Mina as soon as she left the hospital, and had noticed how she seemed to now her way around. It was as if she had been in Konoha her whole life.
_____________________________________________________
Konoha Ninja Academy 
“I'd like to introduce a new student, Ren Minako.” Iruka said pointing to the girl beside him. “Please make her feel welcome. Do you have somewhere you want to sit Ren?” 
Mina looked around the room, stared at the empty seats, and gazed at the students faces. It was times like this that she wished that she could read minds, but if she had been able to she would have noticed that almost everyone thought that she was going to ask to sit by Sasuke. She surprised everyone when she said,
“You guys can call me Mina, and can I sit by the boy wearing glasses?” 
Iruka was the first to recover with a jumbled. “Sure if it's ok with Shino.” 
Shino just nodded his head as the blond girl sat beside him. Everyone else was shocked as well. No one had ever asked to sit by Shino. `She'll sit by him till she finds out about his bugs.' Most of the kids in the room thought.
Lots of people had tried to become friends with Shino, till they found out about his family that is. After that they just avoided him so that his family's bugs would not get on them. Later that class one of the girls told Miko about the bugs. `Here it comes.' They thought, but her answer surprised them.
“So? What's your point? It doesn't bother me. Bugs are useful. They can be used in tracking, and they are good for flowers. As long as he asks before putting one of them on me, I don't care.” 
If the class thought that was going to be the end of the surprises, they were sorely mistaken. During the class break she was seen watching clouds with Shikamaru, while having a conversation with Ino about flowers. At lunch she kept pace with Choji's eating.  She talked to Kiba for a whole hour about taking care of dogs.  She tried to get Hinata to speak, if only three sentences, to Naruto, but Hinata's crush (and her natural shyness towards Naruto) made it impossible.  
`I can get her to talk to him more, but first I'm going to have to become closer friends with her.' Mina thought after one of the Hyuga heiress's fainting spells.  When they had taijutsu practice she managed to hit Sasuke, this impressed Sasuke but pissed off his fan girls. She pulled a prank on Iruka-sensei, impressing Naruto (since it worked), but it set off a chain of events that made her day really bad. As she walked to the Hokage tower she remembered what had happened.
________________________________________________
Classroom after Taijutsu practice
 As Iruka sat at his desk he noticed that the door had been left ajar. As he closed the door a bucket of cold water fell on his head.
“Naruto!” He yelled looking toward the boy.
 “I want to see you after school, but for now I want you to clean up this water.” 
“Hey,” yelled Naruto. “I didn't do it! So you clean it up!”
 “Ok that's it since Naruto refuses to listen,” Iruka started. Mina knew what was coming and she dreaded it. “The entire class gets to go over the henge ninjutsu.”   Mina started to step forward, but changed her mind when she saw how mad Iruka was. `That bucket prank was a bad idea.' She thought to herself as she got in line.
The rest of the class went till it was down to Mina and Naruto. Mina decided to go first. Mina hated to admit it but she needed some help.
“Ok, how do I do this again?” She asked Iruka halfway embarrassed. 
“Ok, focus your chakra. Then picture who you want to copy. Finally call out your technique.”
 “Ok,” She said as she started to focus her chakra. ”Transform.” There she stood after she called out her technique. She looked like Kakashi. As soon as everyone saw it she immediately dispelled it. `I'm not supposed to have meet Kakashi yet.' She realized with a grimace, but then she remembered that he had been at the hospital when she had woken up. However she was so glad she did it she didn't even register the fact that she was able to do it when she had never had any ninja training (except Taijutsu). 
Before Naruto went Iruka took the time to remind them that the genin test were the next day. Finally it was Naruto's turn. Just before he did his jutsu she thought to herself.
'If he uses his “sexy no jutsu” I'm going to smack him in the back of the head.'
Naruto stood in front of the other students and yelled “Transform.” Suddenly standing before them was a naked girl. While Iruka fell to the floor with a nose bleed, Miko walked up behind the now laughing Naruto and hit him as hard as she could, sending him almost through the floor, all the while impressing nearly everyone (especially Sakura) with her brute strength.
`Note to self,' Naruto thought as he picked himself off the floor. `Don't make Mina mad she hits as hard as Sakura.' 
“Iruka-sensei,” Mina said guiltily as she helped her teacher up. “It was me that put the bucket over the door not Naruto.”
 “Ok, fine you can help him after school.” He said looking down at the girl before him. He was still shocked that she had admitted to it. Most people would have let Naruto take the fall alone, but she had felt guilty and had confessed. He would need to find out more about this girl later. 
“Yes, Iruka-sensei but before I do I still have to go see the Hokage.”She said as the last bell rang signaling the end of the school day. 
“Fine but hurry up.” Iruka sad as the girl walked toward the door. “We'll be at the Hokage Monument.”
__________________________________________________________ < /div>
Just as she arrived at the Hokage tower, she saw the face of a young boy entering the tower. She immediately recognizes the boy as the Hokage's grandson, Konohamaru.
 'Oh no,' she realized with a smirk as she entered the tower after him. 'He's trying to assassinate the Hokage again. I wonder if I should stop him.” She stopped to think about it for a moment before thinking, `Nah, I'll let Naruto do it later.' 
She walked up the stairs and suddenly stopped at the door to the Hokage's office. The reason why was because she heard voices inside the room. Usually this would not make her stop in her tracks, but what made her stop was the fact that the voices were talking about her.
___________________________________________________________
Hokage's Office 
“Is that the end of your report? The Hokage said to Kakashi as he sat at his desk smoking. 
“Yes, Hokage-sama I left right after the Henge practice, but it was still surprising that she turned into me though.” Kakashi said as he turned from the Hokage and started to pace.
“I can't figure her out. One minute I think I have her personality pegged down, and the next she surprises me even more.” 
The Hokage looked at Kakashi with a gleam in his eye. “Do you want to lead a genin team Kakashi?”
The Hokage asked as he looked at Kakashi. He had been trying to get him to lead a genin squad and till now he had refused, but maybe with this girl and the Uchiha boy he would finally agree.
 “Yes Hokage-sama, I'll lead a genin team but who will be my third genin?” Kakashi said as he stopped pacing and looked at the Hokage. The Hokage thought about this for a minute and was about to answer when a girl's voice answered for him.
 “Kakashi-sensei, why not lead a four genin squad? I know it's probably not allowed, but why not at least try.”