Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Affinity ❯ Attached ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Itachi is the kind of person you never know what to expect from. Even after a year since I first met him, I still can't seem to figure him out.

So when he told me, he had something important to tell me, I wasn't sure what to expect.

"Leader-sama wants to meet you." He said.

WHAT?

"I told you." I said, irritated. "I have no intentions of joining Akatsuki."

Aksatsuki is an organization of S-rank criminals who's goal is world domination. As appealing as that sounds to me, it seems kind of unrealistic. There's only ten members, and according to Itachi, the numbers were going down. Besides, I took orders from no one.

Itachi did not question me.

"I won't force you to do anything you don't want to."He said, choosing his words, carefully. "But you should consider the proposal."

"I have to go now." He said, grabbing his coat, and heading out the door. "I have a mission tomorrow."

"Wait!" I said, almost pleadingly. "I want to go with you!"

I cursed myself for sounding so pathetic, but knew I couldn't help it. I was emotionally attached, and wanted to be wtih him as much as

possible.

He looked at my sorrowful eyes and I was quite certain that he was going to agree.

He surprised me by saying, instead. "No, you'll just get in the way."

For the first time in my life, I began to wonder if my gift was really working.

But really, what did it matter?

I knew that I was attached.

"Be careful." I gave him a peck on the cheek.