Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ All American Girl ❯ All American Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All American Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of the characters from the series, nor do I own the song “All American Girl” by Carrie Underwood
 
 
 
A/N: Hi everyone! The summer is winding down and I wanted to get another story or two posted before school started and I begin my next series. I've always loved Carrie Underwood, and I enjoy many of her songs. When I first heard this one my mind was instantly drawn to Ino, so, after months of planning to do it, I'm finally starting it. Please read and review!
Song
Story
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Since the day they got married,
He'd been praying for a little baby boy.
Someone he could
takefishing,
Throw the football and be his pride and joy.
He could already see him holding that trophy,
Taking his team to state.
 
 
Inoichi sat in the waiting room of the Konoha hospital, nervously pacing along a row of chairs. Near by his two best friends, Shikaku Nara and Choza Akimichi sat watching him move back and forth.
 
 
“Calm down, I'm sure everything's fine.” Choza said reassuringly.
 
 
“Yeah Inoichi, sit down, you're making me tired just watching you” Shikaku added.
 
 
“That's easy for you two to say.” Inoichi said his pacing becoming more furious. “Your sons have already been born. Choji's already four months old and Shikamaru was just born yesterday. How were you able to be so calm Shikaku?”
 
 
“Easy, I know Yoshino can handle herself just fine. Within the hour she was up and telling me to get to work setting up the baby's bed.” Shikaku chuckled to himself.
 
 
Inoichi gave a halfhearted smile before beginning his pacing again. All he could think about was holding his son for the first time. He could feel the excitement growing within him as visions of throwing a football in the backyard, camping in the woods; teaching him the Mind Transfer Jutsu and watching him become an excellent ninja.
 
 
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket,
All those big dreams changed
 
 
“Excuse me Yamanaka-san?” a nurse said coming through the two large white doors. Inoichi jumped before flying to the nurse and to the blue bundle, she held. He stood in front of her blinking a few moments.
 
 
 
“Um, you said Yamanaka correct?” he asked.
 
 
 
“Yes sir,” she replied smiling happily while holding out the soft pink blanket. “Congratulations, this is you're new baby daughter.” The nurse deposited the small child into her father's arms and stepped away to allow the bonding to commence.
 
 
“Well so much for hoping for another Ino-Shika-Cho trio,” Shikaku said slapping Inoichi on the back.
 
 
“Sorry about you're luck Inoichi. Looks like you've at least got someone to take over the flower shop,” Choza said laughing.
 
 
And now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.
 
 
However, Inoichi heard none of this. He was absorbed with studying the peaceful sleeping face of his daughter. Gingerly, he carefully raised a finger to stroke across the soft white skin. As if on cue, his daughter slowly opened her eyes revealing bright blue orbs. Inoichi felt something with in him stir, as his heart seemed to skip a beat. “Ino” he whispered smiling. Ino, in return, smiled up at her daddy. Then, she removed her tiny hand from her blankets and clamped it firmly around Inoichi's finger.
 
 
Now instead of footballs and camping, visions of dancing, wedding dresses and the flower shop flashed through his mind. No doubt, his daughter would make him ten times as proud as any son would have.
 
 
Sixteen short years later,
She was falling for the senior football star.
 
 
“Morning Dad!” Ino yelled as she came down the stairs and kissed her father good morning.
 
 
“Good morning” Inoichi replied smiling. Sixteen years had gone by in a flash and now the precious pink bundle he had once held was now a strong, powerful and beautiful kunoichi. Ino sat down at the table next to the window and helped herself to the food on the table. Suddenly, something outside caught her eye and she immediately stood. “Got to go! See you later Dad!” She yelled shoving a piece of toast in her mouth before barreling down the stairs, telling a quick good bye to her mother in the flower shop.
 
 
“Hey! Shikamaru!” Inoichi heard her yell. He peered out the window in time to see Ino wrapping her arm around her teammate's. Shikamaru Nara turned and returned her smile. The two then proceeded and began walking away together. Inoichi just chuckled as he stood his head before returning to his morning paper.
 
 
 
Before you knew it he was dropping passes,
Skipping practice just to spend more time with her.
 
 
“Hey! Look out Shikamaru!” Choji yelled. The shadow user was yanked out of his daydream, narrowly missing the kunai being aimed at him. As he landed, he set off yet another trap. `Damn it' he cursed as one of the shuriken cut into his arm. He continued to dodge and retreat setting off various traps and bombs that his fellow shinobi had hidden for training. Soon everything they had set up had been detonated and a very cut and singed Shikamaru sat in by the river surrounded by his fellow ninja.
 
 
“Are you guys sure you were just training?” Sakura healing a particularly nasty burn asked.
 
 
“Yeah, just a couple simple traps.” Choji replied opening a bag of chips.
 
 
“What's wrong with you Shikamaru? You're usually the last one to be caught by traps. Were you off cloud dazing again?” Kiba asked.
 
 
“Peh, this is all such a pain,” Shikamaru stated glancing at his watch. “Crap, I've got to go.” He stood up and began making his way back towards the village.
 
 
“Hang on a sec Shikamaru! I thought we were going to go grab barbeque!” Choji called after his best friend.
 
 
“Some other time Choji” Shikamaru raised his arm before speeding away.
 
 
A few moments later Asuma arrived. After scanning the group, he raised a questioning eyebrow at Choji “I thought you and Shikamaru were going to be training all day”
 
 
“We were but he ditched, again,” Choji said somewhat disheartened.
 
 
Asuma rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment. “Well then, I think I know where he's headed. Take the rest of the day off and rest up, okay Choji? I think I'll go have a little chat with Shikamaru.” Choji quirked his head to the side as Asuma disappeared in a puff of white smoke.
 
 
Across the village, Asuma appeared in the branches of a nearby tree in the park. Beneath him stood two of his former students, currently engaged in a tight embrace.
 
 
“Shikamaru, I've got to go. Tenten, Kurenai and Hinata are waiting for me at the gate. I'm going to be late.” Ino whispered quietly, gently pushing on her boyfriend's shoulders.
 
 
“Yeah, I know, but I'm not going to get to hold you for awhile.” The Nara boy replied pulling her back towards him, burying his face in the crook of her neck.
 
 
Ino giggled quietly before wrapping her arms around his shoulders and kissing his cheek. “Two weeks isn't that long Shika”
 
 
Shikamaru simply grunted in response. After kissing her neck one finally time, Shikamaru released his hold. Ino smiled before hopping away with a happy wave. The dark haired boy smiled simply and raised his arm. Once she was out of sight, his face returned to its usual somber expression.
 
 
The coach said "Hey son, what's your problem? Tell me, have you lost your mind?"
Daddy said "You'll lose your free ride to college. Boy you b
etter tell her goodbye".
 
 
“Well wasn't that sweet?”
 
 
Shikamaru spun around to see his former sensei leaning against a tree, his characteristic cigarette hanging from his lips. “How long have you been there Asuma-sensei?”
 
 
“Long enough” Asuma replied pulling a package of cigarettes from his pocket along with his lighter. After lighting his own, he offered the container to Shikamaru. He began to take one before hesitating and returning his hand to his pocket. Again raising an eyebrow, Asuma stared at his student in wonderment.
 
 
“I'm trying to quit” Shikamaru said answering the question he read in Asuma's eyes. \
 
 
“Oh really, any particular reason?”
 
 
Again, Shikamaru hesitated. He turned his head to the side a faint redness touching his cheeks. “Ino doesn't like the smell of smoke” he replied barely audible.
 
 
“Neither does Kurenai, but that never stopped me. She'll get over it, eventually”
 
 
Shikamaru grunted. “Is that all you came here for was to give me a hard time? Or is there a lecture behind this meeting?”
 
 
“Sadly a lecture” Asuma said all joking aside. “Choji told me you skipped out early on practice again. I'm assuming this little rendezvous was the cause?”
 
 
“So what is I left practice early? It wasn't anything substantial.” Shikamaru replied. “You can't tell me you didn't say good-bye to Kurenai before she left.”
 
 
“Yeah I did, but I didn't let it interfere with my training” Asuma countered.
 
 
Shikamaru fell silent for a few moments. “I don't get what the problem is. It wasn't anything but traps and bombs. It was basic genin training. I've already mastered it”
 
 
“Yeah that's really obvious” The nicotine addicted shinobi said sarcastically, eyeing the various wounds around Shikamaru's body. “Not only that, without the basics what do you have?”
 
 
Silence fell between the two. Shikamaru's eyes stayed on the ground refusing to look his teacher in the face. He knew everything Asuma said made perfect sense. After a few moments, Asuma let out a sigh infused with smoke. “Your dad told me you've been zoning out again lately. I know what an excellent ninja you are Shikamaru, but if you don't keep your head in the game and out of Ino's skirt, you're going to get yourself killed. If Ino's so much of a distraction for you... then maybe it's better if you break it off with her?”
 
 
Shikamaru's gaze snapped from the ground to Asuma's, his expression clearly saying what he thought. Breaking up with Ino was out of the question for him.
 
 
“I know you don't like hearing this Shikamaru but you need to. I'm not saying this just to be the stuffy old teacher. I'm saying it for the good of you both. What would Ino do if something happened to you? You know she's been in love with you since she was 12.” Asuma said replying to Shikamaru's look.
 
 
“Easier said then done.” Shika said quietly.
 
 
“Well, I'm not your sensei anymore so technically, I can't tell you what to do, so it's your call.” Asuma said. He turned with a shrug and began walking away. “Although, I do remember you mentioning that you'd never end up whipped like Shikaku.”
 
 
The shadow user watched his sensei walk away before collapsing on a near by bench. He reached into his vest pocket and pulled out his secret stash of cigarettes. What Ino didn't know wouldn't hurt her and now, he need something to calm him enough to clear his head. Asuma seemed to know that Shikamaru saw him as a father figure, his own father finding it rather `troublesome' to take much interest in certain areas of his life, but Asuma had been there for everything. Even now, his words stung deeper than any of wounds covering his body. Asuma had made perfect sense. Shikamaru knew that if he didn't pay attention he could be killed. He knew Ino had loved him for years. He knew that Ino would be upset if he died. It was a risk everyone took when they got emotionally close to a ninja. There were no guarantees in this business that was a given. It was something that went without saying, Ino and he both knew every time they walked through those gates there was no absolution they'd ever re-enter them.
 
 
But how could he break up with her? He sat pondering it for a moment before the answer seemed to slap him in the face. He couldn't.
 
 
But now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American...
 
 
And when they got married and decided to have one of their own,
She said "Be honest, tell me what do you wanted?"
And he said "Honey, you oughta know... Sweet, little, beautiful... one just like you. Oh a beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American..."
 
 
Years passed and finally the day came when Ino Yamanaka became Ino Nara. Family and friends gathered outside the church and settled in the pews. Ino's father walked her down the isle, crying at the `lose' of his darling baby girl. Shikamaru shared a momentary glance with his best man, Choji as they both shook their heads at the shameful scene. After delivering his daughter to the alter, he collapsed next to an annoyed looking Shikaku who hesitantly patted his friends shoulder as Choza sat behind the two quietly laughing. The wedding went off without a hitch leading to the reception.
 
 
Finally, after hours of champagne, congratulations, speeches and dancing, Shikamaru and Ino managed to shake off and now drunk Inoichi, and headed for their new home. They walked in the peaceful silence of the warm summer night enjoying the company of the other. Finally, Ino broke the silence. “Hey Shikamaru, can I ask you something?”
 
 
“Go ahead” Shikamaru replied draping his arm lazily around his bride's shoulder.
 
 
“When we have our first kid, what do you want a boy or a girl? Be honest” Ino said looking up at him. She watched as Shikamaru closed his eyes as if in deep concentration. After a few moments, he smiled and opened his eyes.
 
 
“You should already know, Ino” he said “A girl. A beautiful, perfect, blonde blue-eyed little girl. Just like her mother”
 
 
Two years later, Shikamaru got his wish. Standing in the same place Inoichi had stood so many years ago, the same emotions running through he heart, Shikamaru welcomed his baby girl to the world.
 
 
Now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.
All American Girl.
 
 
A/N: Well what did you think!? Please read and review!