Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Wind ❯ Another Extinct Clan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa minna-san! It's been ages since I've written anything, so I hope you like it!! Actually, I've never written a Naruto fanfiction….so I have no idea how this is really going to turn out…>.<

 

 

The Ancient Wind

Chapter 1 - Another Extinct Clan

 

 

Smoke…..fire…..darkness….

The village raged in flames, cries pierced through the previously silent night. Vast clouds of smoke covered the endless sky.

Pain….terror…..screams…

Why was she so helpless? Why could she not save her people? Why…?

Darkness.

 

Sakura shot up, glistening beads of sweat streaking down her face. That dream had haunted her ever since she'd stumbled across the ruined village with Sasuke and Naruto. Neither appeared to have the same side effects, after seeing the destruction, as she did….maybe it had something to do with the ring?

She glanced down at the silver band around her middle finger. The leaf shaped gem omitted a milky glow, which then slowly faded away like it did every night. She closed her eyes and tried to calm her madly racing heart.

There was no way the pink haired kunoichi would manage to fall asleep again. The immense amount of adrenaline that had been pumped into her blood, acted almost like a drug that kept her awake and alert for hours at a time. Swinging her legs over the side of the ,bed she let her bare feet touch the cold, stone floor. A shiver ran up her spine as she shuffled her feet around until she found her slippers. She slid into the soft, warm material and slowly lifted herself off her mattress.

As her feet padded softly down the wooden steps, she made sure to stay on the edge to keep them from creaking. Sakura had no intention of waking her mother at this ungodly hour, it would only worry her and cause even more trauma.

She finally made it to the kitchen and reached for a glass sitting on the counter. She filled it with water from the sink and sat down at the table. Staring outt the window and into vast sky, her green eyes gazing up at the stars.

That dream….

She shot up again, her eyes wide and alert and she stared out into the small yard behind her home. Sakura could have sworn something had dashed across it. Slowly, the girl lifted herself from the chair and approached the window, her glass of water still in her hand. She stared, trying to find some sort of explanation for what she had seen. After finding nothing she closed her eyes, sighing heavily. She pressed the palm of her left hand against the cool glass, the chilling sensation calming her somewhat. Opening her eyes again, she found a pair of ruby orbs staring at her through the window. She screamed, dropping her glass and letting it shatter on the floor.

The lights flickered on in the hall as her mother raced down the stairs, in the direction of the scream that had resounded from the kitchen.

 

Uchiha Sasuke sighed. Not only was Kakashi late again, but Sakura hadn't shown up either. Having spent the past two hours with Uzumaki Naruto was not the best way to start the morning. He could sense the blonde glaring at him from the other side of the clearing. They'd been working together for a year, but there were still no signs of getting along with the obnoxious ninja. Why was he always cursed with those who held him back?

"Sorry I'm late,"

Sasuke's eyes snapped open as he spotted their white haired teacher. Still no sign of Sakura….

Where is she?

"Where's Sakura?!" Naruto demanded, glaring at the white haired ninja before him.

Kakashi gave Naruto and blank look before the words sunk in. "Hasn't she shown up yet?"

"No," Sasuke stated simply, once again closing his eyes.

"I'm here!"

Naruto and Kakashi both turned their attention to the path behind them to see the pink haired girl hurrying towards them. "G-gomen I'm late!"

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto exclaimed happily, bouncing over to her.

Sasuke opened one eye, glancing curiously at Sakura after not hearing her yelling at the blonde to leave her alone. He opened both eyes when he realised that she'd smiled at Naruto before walking past him. She gave Sasuke a side glance and continued walking to the edge of the clearing.

"Are you ok Sakura? You look kinda pale…." Naruto stated curiously, following her like a lost puppy.

"Fine," she said simply, the smile on her face clearly forced.

Sasuke pushed himself off the tree and approached her. "What's wrong?"

She glanced up at him, and he almost expected her to bounce up and hug him, but she didn't. She simply looked away and muttered. "I'm fine,"

Sasuke didn't know why, but he suddenly grabbed her wrist to force her to face him. "You're clearly not fine!" he snapped and she seemed to shrink back from him.

She remained silent and Sasuke was about to persue the topic, when someone suddenly cleared their throat behind them.

All four turned to find a raven haired girl standing by the tree Sasuke had been leaning against only moments before. Her clothes was slightly tattered and singed around the edges. Her hands were clasped in front of her and her deep, brown eyes gave her a glow of innocence. Her hair was pinned back behind her head, the ends spiked up at the back.

"I….I don't mean to interrupt but…"

Sasuke eyed her. Why did she look so familiar to him?

She cast a glance around the group until her eyes fell upon Sakura and a troubling look possessed her previously gentle expression. "Is everything alright?"

Sakura slowly turned to face her, her eyes clearly reflecting despair. The girl hurried over to her and gripped Sakura's shoulders, searching her face for answers. Sakura collapsed onto her and both girls tumbled to the ground.

The stranger squeezed her eyes shut and it appeared as if both had landed on a cushion of air before landing softly on the grass.

"Sakura!!!" Naruto wailed as he stared at her unconscious body.

Sasuke had the stranger flat on her back in a matter of second, his kunai pressed against her throat. "What did you do?" he hissed.

She glared, her eyes hardened. "If you don't get off me, then the girl will die. Do you want her to die?!" she demanded.

Sasuke grunted before pulling the kunai away from her and moving to the side. The stranger sat up and studied Sakura's body, her face scrunched up in a frown.

What could possibly be the cause…?

Finally, her gaze fell upon Sakura's pale hand where she spotted the ring. Her eyes widened as she lifted the limp arm and pulled the silver band off her finger.

"My ring…." Her voice was faint and she took a deep breath before slipping it onto her own hand.

"Who are you?" Sasuke asked darkly, glaring.

The stranger stood and glanced up at him. Her features had softened again and she took a deep breath. "My name is Funabashi Keifumi," she began slowly.

Kakashi's eyebrow's shot up. "Funabashi….that clan died out years ago.."

Keifumi smiled sadly and shook her head. "The main house remained until recently. My brothers and parents were brutally murdered the day before yesterday,"

Sasuke's eyes widened. Funabashi…of course!

Before anyone could say another word, a kunai flew through the air, right at Keifumi. The raven haired girl quickly dodged the attack that had been aimed at her back. Her movements had not been quick enough and the weapon cut through the ribbon the tied her hair, breaking the pins so her hair cascaded down her back, reaching her waist. She spun around and glared into the trees.

"Well, well, well….what do we have here?"

Her eyes flashed as she studied the figure in the shadows. "You…" she hissed, before leaping after the suddenly disappearing figure.

He's running? Sasuke stared as he watched the smaller girl race after the attacker. What's going on? Something's amiss….

 

 

And that's where I'm going to end it for today…..I know it's not very good…and I know it's very short, but I promise the other chapters will be longer! Please review! Criticise if you wish, I don't mind as long as it's not flaming the plot! Thanks for reading!!! ^.^