Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Annoying People [ Sasuke x Temari ] ❯ A Most Amusing Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: A Most Amusing Mission
 
 
Temari looked from the sheet of paper and back to the Kazekage.
 
“Ha-ha…you're kidding me…right…?” She asked, a whimsical smile plastered onto her face.
“I'm not going to Konoha.”
 
The Kazekage rubbed his temples and glared at her.
“I don't care. This is your mission. Do it” he hissed tensely.
 
Temari raised an eyebrow and stared at the paper again.
“I'm not going to Konoha.” She repeated defiantly.
“I'm not going to baby sit a Konoha Ninja.”
 
The Kazekage glared at her again and sighed.
“Temari-san, just do it. Please. You're the only one available.”
 
She raised a brow.
“You could send Genins to do this mission. It's not that difficult.”
 
The Kazekage shook his head.
“Protecting Uchiha Sasuke from his brother is not that difficult. Like I said before; you're the only capable of even standing a chance in combat with him. I would have sent Gaara and Kankuro with you but they're on their own missions currently.”
 
Temari stared at the sheet again and sighed.
“I think Uchiha Sasuke can handle this himself…”
 
He shook his head again..
“No. He can't. We've been told that last time he was confronted my his brother, he…was beaten…badly.”
 
Temari smirked a little. Really? And all this time she thought he was a toughie…
 
“Besides,” The Kazekage continued, “Konoha has just recently been able to retrieve Uchiha from Orochimaru. He's under mental strain, and going through rehabilitation. He's very weak.”
 
Temari sighed and crumpled the paper in her fist, tossing it onto the floor. Pulling a stick of gum out of her pocket, she jammed it into her mouth. She pulled her arms behind her head, looking back at the Kazekage with a slight smirk. Popping her gum in an obnoxious fashion, she grinned and said over her shoulder.
 
“I'll do it. It'll be fun. Besides,” Temari laughed, “It's not like I have anything better to do…”
 
{----------&&----------}
 
Damn it.
 
Sasuke Uchiha glared warily at his apartment door. Who the hell was it this early in the morning? Rubbing his head, Sasuke stumbled toward the door, blinking the sleep from his eyes. Twisting the doorknob, he blinked at the figure in the doorway, taking a few moments for his eyes to focus.
 
“Dude, are you going to let me in or what?” The blonde girl asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically.
 
Sasuke rubbed his eyes and opened the door wider. He saw the girl's forehead protecter slung around her neck.
 
“You're a sand nin…” he mumbled, still sleepy, “Why the hell should I let you in…”
 
Temari sighed and rubbed her head.
“I'm your `bodyguard'. Just open the door and let me in.”
 
Sasuke moved out of the way, rubbing his eyes.
Temari raised her eyebrows again and stepped inside, slightly surprised that he actually let her in with no other arguments. It took her a moment to fit her giant fan through the door.
 
“Take off your shoes” he muttered before she got any farther.
Temari smirked and pulled off her shoes, placing them in a corner. She looked around at the small apartment. It was neat. And clean enough. Not that much furniture or decorations though.
 
Sasuke plopped onto one of his armchairs. He was feeling more awake now, but his eye lids still felt heavy. Propping his head up with his arm, he stared at the sand ninja.
 
“I remember you…” he said quietly. Temari was looking at the photographs Sasuke had on a shelf. She looked back at him when he spoke.
“You were that sand ninja with Gaara…”
 
She smirked and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against the wall.
“Yeah. That was me. Glad you remember.”
 
Sasuke scowled at her and gave her a glare.
“Why do I need a `body guard'? I can take care of myself…”
 
Temari rolled her eyes and smirked again.
“That's what I though Uchiha. But apparently, you're too weak to protect yourself.”
Sasuke scowled again and looked away.
Damn, this girl was annoying.
 
Temari smirked, knowing that she was irking him.
He really is handsome…
And that attitude is interesting…
(You know in like…I think it was episode 17? When Temari sees Sasuke for the first time? Yeah, she was all blushing, saying “Wow, he sure is handsome”. xD I just wanted you guys to make sure I didn't get that out of nowhere.)
 
She sat on the armchair across from Sasuke. She rolled her eyes upwards onto the ceiling and blew a bubble, gnawing on her gum obnoxiously, just to tick him off.
 
Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her and intensified his glare.
Temari giggled a little and leaned back in her chair.
“Hmmm, I'm a bit hungry…make me breakfast Sasuke-chan?”
 
Sasuke continued glaring.
Don't call me Sasuke-chan. And no. I'm not making breakfast for you.”
 
Temari raised a brow and made a gasp of mock surprise.
“Whaaaat?! Sasuke-chan, don't be so mean!.”
She started to pout.
 
-glare-
-pout-
 
Without saying a word, Sasuke left the armchair, throwing a pillow at her.
Temari yelped and caught the pillow. When she looked up again, Sasuke was in the kitchen, muttering under his breath. There was a clashing of pots and pans.
Then she heard him curse and a shattering of a plate
 
She smiled and nuzzled the pillow.
This was going to be a very interesting mission…..
 
 
 
 
Author`s notes;
 
^^ Yay! I kinda like this pairing. Also, gomen-nesai for deleting some of my other ones v.v
I think this story will be the one i'll be revolving around for a while. Please be patient…
And errr, please rate? I mean, I know a lot of people look at my stories, but it seems like I never get any feedback. T_T I mean really dudes, it motivates me to write more if I get even one review. Anyway, chapter two will be arriving shortly…