Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Anthology no Jutsu ❯ Full of Surprises ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Full of Surprises
Popberry Bluetart
328 Words
Kurenai/Iruka
Kakashi/Iruka
Asuma/Kurenai

Iruka liked the way his life was going. Kurenai, however, did not.
“Come on sensei!” She would yell, taking him by his hand and leading him around to any place her screaming heart desired. She would laugh at his blush and polite words. “Come with me sensei!” Was her reply to any question he could ask.
And he asked a lot of questions: Where were they going?; When would they come back?; What were they going to do?; Why were they going?; How long would it take?; Kurenai hated every one of these queries; didn't Iruka-sensei have a sense of adventure?
“Sometimes,” she would laugh falsely when he asked her one too many questions, “-sometimes it's better not to know. If you know everything then life wouldn't hold any more surprises. It would be boring.”
Iruka usually shut his mouth at this and let himself be lead away; Asuma-sensei noticed his reaction one day and came up to Kurenai afterwards, his cigarette nearing the end of its usefulness. “You should tell him where you're planning to go.” He blew smoke into her face. “See how he answers.”
Kurenai coughed and grew angry with Asuma, turning away from him with a livid snort. “You should you know!” he called after her, hitting her most hidden secret like a sharpened kunai. “He's not quite as clever as you like to think he is.”
And surely enough, the next day when Kurenai wanted to take him away to some place she hadn't quite discovered yet, Iruka turned her away with that regretful sort of smile that isn't quite entirely apologetic. “I'm sorry Kurenai-sensei, but I'm already going somewhere.” He said.
“Where?” She asked.
“I don't know.” Iruka replied. His blush crept like seductive fingers up his neck. “Kakashi-sensei said it was a surprise.”
What a surprise it was indeed, that Iruka liked the way his life was going.
And what a surprise it was to find that Kurenai, however, did not.

Disclaimer: Naruto © Kishimoto Masashi
Author's Notes: I must have Iruka and Kakashi together at all times or I might combust. Sorry for the OOC Kurenai; I'm justifying it by saying that she's purposely acting cutesy in front of Iruka because it's her way of flirting. Sorry girls, but that's how we flirt. For some reason the lack of brains and the defenselessness turns men on. (Straight men that is.) Oh, and the place not yet discovered? I call it love.